Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians worship Jesus Christ, many examples in the scriptures,
JW's refuse to do that, they deny Christ. They are not Christians at all, they are something else, an entirely different religion.
And when they deny Christ, they deny the Father, GOD who sent Him.
You and your hypocritical claims, you just said it again Jesus the Son of God, he is not God himself but his Son, do you not see the hypocrisy of your posts?

And you have not answered my question, what denomination are you, are you afraid to say?

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All JW's who believe their lying doctrines are all going to hell fire, to be with Satan and his demons and fallen angels.

Be careful making such claims, as you might be bringing the wrath of God upon yourself for making such accusations of Jehovah's people.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You and your hypocritical claims, you just said it again Jesus the Son of God, he is not God himself but his Son, do you not see the hypocrisy of your posts?

And you have not answered my question, what denomination are you, are you afraid to say?
All your doing is defending JW's theology and not Jesus Christ.
The true Christ warned of the many would would follow a false christ, and your JW's are a clear example of that.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your curse be upon your own head.
The wrath of God is against all those who deny Him and Christ.
No one is denying Christ, why make such accusations without proof, when have I or Aunty Jane denied Christ?

You still don't say your denomination, which leads me to believe you are afraid to do so, so be on your way.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 John 2
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

That same John the Apostle wrote this also about the Eternal Word, the Christ, the Christ was God
John 1
New King James Version

The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made

JW's fail the test of the TRUTH as they fail to believe the scriptures, they DENY the Christ as the WORD WAS GOD, and was with GOD in the beginning, so Christ was not a created being like they say. They say Christ was archangel Michael, who is a created being.
And that Christ made all things, showing Christ is not a created being. Christ the WORD of GOD, was preexistent with God, being God HIMSELF

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How can you be spewing such lies and defaming such good Christian people, saying they call Jesus evil when they say he is not God, which he is not, hence Christ always referring to his Father Jehovah, Christ never said he was God but the son of God.
A Christian does not deny the deity of Jesus. JW's do.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have never heard such blasphemy coming out of the mouth of a supposed Christian, the Jehovah's Witnesses do not deny Christ.

You just said it in your post when Jesus was asked if he is the Son of the Blessed and Jesus said I am and that he will be sitting at the right hand of his Father.
I disagree with you.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Aunty Jane you couldn't be more right, a simpleton like me knows yet these supposed Bible scholars do not, and to me it came naturally, I din't have to study it or read it to understand Jesus is the Son of Jehovah and not Jehovah himself, or things concerning the Trinity, even when I was a practicing Catholic I knew.

And to be spewing such garbage towards other Christians and calling them evil, is not right and it is they who are evil for spewing such lies.
You do not understand the twofold nature of Jesus.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
JW's are evil antichrists.
Of course they don't want to hear that,
They blaspheme God the Son and deny both Father and Son.

They dispute the word 'worship' when scripture talks of all creation worshipping Christ and it's many scriptural proofs as being simply obeisance, like a person would honor a king, and bowing down.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is an interesting verse, sure God made all things, BUT, God as Christ made all things.
John 1, the darkness does not COMPREHEND this, and JW's are of that darkness.
This is just one verse from many where Jesus is shown as actually worshipped.

Revelation 14:6-7
6 And I saw another angel flying in mid heaven, having eternal good tidings to proclaim unto them that dwell on the earth, and unto every nation and tribe and tongue and people;
saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Reactions: Cooper

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I just be clear here....The Watchtower is a Bible Society.....a legal entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses to print and distribute Bibles and Bible literature in large quantities......we are not “the Watchtower”....we are Jehovah’s Witnesses because printing Bibles and literature is not all we do.

When I read this, I thought the thread was the attack thread on JW. That you even felt it necessary to write this in a thread entitled Understanding the Trinity shows the trinitarian tendency to avoid introspection altogether, ignore questions and constantly go on offense ... if you don't believe in our anti-Scriptural, 4th century, man-made doctrine, something must be wrong with you and the organization you are a part of. Huh? Their attempts at argument employ every fallacious category.

If the Bible does not support the trinity...(and you have been shown countless proofs from scripture that there never was a three headed god worshipped in either Israel or in the first century Christian congregations) then what “spirit” is actually telling you something to the contrary? If inference is all you have to go on, without a single direct statement that God is not “one” as the Bible says, but “three” (a teaching that was not adopted as official doctrine until over 300 years after Christ’s death) then I believe it is the trinitarians who need a rethink.

Well said. Sadly, it is said to those who don't have ears to hear.

You all act as if the devil could not mislead you.....he is the sower of the “weeds” that Jesus spoke about.....and deception is his craft. Think about it......if Jesus said that “few” are on the road to life, then the “many” who accept this central foundational doctrine are kidding themselves. It was never a central foundational teaching of God’s son.....so where did it come from? The Holy Spirit.....or an unholy one?

Indeed. Trinitarians are so taken by their idolatry, they fail to grasp their zeal of threatening one to accept it under penalty of eternal damnation is nowhere to be found in Scripture. Talk about an unholy affect.

As a Biblical unitarian for 3 decades, I still did not recognize this. It wasn't until the last couple of years after I read a book and watched a vid. The book was called When Jesus Became God by Rubinstein that detailed the tactics that finally prevailed in the 4th century. Those who accepted the trinity employed anti-Scriptural tactics of leveraging government coercion, e.g., exile, confiscation of property, gang beatings and outright murder.

The vid was of an old pastor who finally saw the light and rejected the unholy trinity. His insightful observation is that trinitarianism does not bring forth the Fruit of the Spirit ... corrupt sexual relationships, impurity, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, arguing, jealousy, anger, selfishness, contentiousness, division, envy of others’ good fortune, just to name a few. Perhaps a thread delving into this in detail would be edifying. That trinitarianism does not bring forth the Fruit of the Spirit is a demonstrable fact.

And look...not a single NWT quote in the whole post.....

Doh! Now you've done it. Now they are going to have to find a new avenue of deflection and attack us from a different angle. Certainly, they will not reflect on their idol and their idolatry. But some who read but don't post will benefit from these exchanges. :)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
247359-Soren-Kierkegaard-Quote-The-paradox-in-Christian-truth-is.jpg

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@JohnPaul said: "he is not God himself but his Son"

He is
the Rock,
his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he. (Deuteronomy 32:4)

Spoken by Moses of Yahweh (Jehovah)

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. (1 Corinthians 10:4)

Spoken of By Paul of that same Rock Moses was referring to....

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Jesus stating He is the Truth....

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (John 16:13)

Has The Holy Spirit spoken to you the Truth of who Jesus is, and How Jesus is the Rock of our salvation....

O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. (Psalm 95:1)

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

Christ is also the same I AM that I AM.
Notice here with Judas and that rabble went to arrest HIM, what happened because He is God the SON.

John 18:1-6
New King James Version
Betrayal and Arrest in Gethsemane
18 When Jesus had spoken these words, He went out with His disciples over the Brook Kidron, where there was a garden, which He and His disciples entered. 2 And Judas, who betrayed Him, also knew the place; for Jesus often met there with His disciples. 3 Then Judas, having received a detachment of troops, and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons. 4 Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, “Whom are you seeking?”

5 They answered Him, “Jesus of Nazareth.”

Jesus said to them, “I am He.” And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them.

6 Now when He said to them, “I am He,” they drew back and fell to the ground.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All JW's who believe their lying doctrines are all going to hell fire, to be with Satan and his demons and fallen angels.
Oh my goodness......”as you judge so will you be judged”.....be careful what you say, it might come back to bite you. o_O

Do you think that the devil could not fool the world? He controls it (1 John 5:19) and he is the sower of the “weeds”.....what if those weeds he sowed are the ones who took Christianity off the rails centuries ago and onto a completely different path and you yourself have accepted those counterfeit lies as the truth?......It was foretold, you know....do you think it didn’t happen?

Who told you that God tortures people after death? Who told you that the dead aren’t really dead? The same ones who told you that the “one God” of Israel is really three. (Deuteronomy 6:4)

Look at the state of Christendom! Fractured into so many disunited and bickering factions.....you think this is what Christ started? (1 Corinthians1:10) You have got to be kidding! :rolleyes: