Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, when Jesus spoke of his Father, he was speaking of Yahweh.

Like this???

Joh 20:17 Jesus *said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

My God!!! Jesus actually claims to have a God!!!

Guess what John also tells you about Jesus' God...

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him But you already knew this... Cooper

Who raised Jesus from the dead???

Act 2:24 "But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.

Act 2:32 "This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses.

Act 3:15 but put to death the Prince of life, the one whom God raised from the dead, a fact to which we are witnesses.

Act 3:26 "For you first,
God raised up His Servant (Jesus is God's servant...not God!) and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways."

Act 4:10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead--by this name this man stands here before you in good health.

Act 5:30 "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross.

Indeed.... Jesus has BOTH a GOD and FATHER.... just like us all!!! Joh 20:17 "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

Gald you agree!
Paul

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Like this???

Joh 20:17 Jesus *said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

My God!!! Jesus actually claims to have a God!!!

Guess what John also tells you about Jesus' God...

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him But you already knew this... Cooper

Who raised Jesus from the dead???

Act 2:24 "But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.

Act 2:32 "This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses.

Act 3:15 but put to death the Prince of life, the one whom God raised from the dead, a fact to which we are witnesses.

Act 3:26 "For you first,
God raised up His Servant (Jesus is God's servant...not God!) and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways."

Act 4:10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead--by this name this man stands here before you in good health.

Act 5:30 "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross.

Indeed.... Jesus has BOTH a GOD and FATHER.... just like us all!!! Joh 20:17 "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

Gald you agree!
Paul
That is the wonder of Yahweh who made himself in the image of man.
God the creator who made the heavens and the earth can do that.

From what you are saying, it seems your God cannot.

Last edited:

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the wonder of Yahweh who made himself in the image of man.
God the creator who made the heavens and the earth can do that.

From what you are saying, it seems your God cannot.

On the authority of Jesus himself we know that the categories of "flesh" and "spirit" are never to be confused or intermingled, though the course of God's Spirit can impact our world. Jesus said, "That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" (John 3:6). And "God is Spirit." The doctrine of the incarnation confuses these categories. What God has separated man has joined together! One of the charges that the apostle Paul levels at simple man is that we have "exchange the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man" (Romans 1:23). Has it ever dawned on you as you sit in church listening to how the glorious Creator made Himself into a man that you could be guilty of this very same thing? The doctrine of the incarnation has reduced the incorruptible God to our own corruptible image. We are made in God's image, not the other way around. It would be more appropriate to put this contrast in starker terms. The defining characteristic of the Creator God is his absolute holiness. God is utterly different from and so utterly transcendent over His creation that any confusion is forbidden!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On the authority of Jesus himself we know that the categories of "flesh" and "spirit" are never to be confused or intermingled, though the course of God's Spirit can impact our world. Jesus said, "That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" (John 3:6). And "God is Spirit." The doctrine of the incarnation confuses these categories. What God has separated man has joined together! One of the charges that the apostle Paul levels at simple man is that we have "exchange the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man" (Romans 1:23). Has it ever dawned on you as you sit in church listening to how the glorious Creator made Himself into a man that you could be guilty of this very same thing? The doctrine of the incarnation has reduced the incorruptible God to our own corruptible image. We are made in God's image, not the other way around. It would be more appropriate to put this contrast in starker terms. The defining characteristic of the Creator God is his absolute holiness. God is utterly different from and so utterly transcendent over His creation that any confusion is forbidden!
Jesus said to Nicodemus, "No man can see the Kingdom of God unless he is born again.

Nicodemus asked, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?"

Jesus answered, saying, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

So, if we want to enter the Kingdom of heaven which is a spiritual realm, we need to be born again of the Spirit.

When the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved" (born again), Paul and Silas responded, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31).

That is going to be a very hard task for you to do.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those kinds of questions are no good for scripture declares Christ is in the form of God, and that Christ was equal with God.

Twist however you want, But it will get you no where with God. Why do you think there are 33,999 trinity based religions? Confusion is why. Jesus was clear one must worship the Father in spirit and truth-John 4:22-24--not in confusion. And Jesus did not say-the Father, son and holy spirit--just the Father.

Reactions: Pierac

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to Nicodemus, "No man can see the Kingdom of God unless he is born again.

Nicodemus asked, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?"

Jesus answered, saying, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

So, if we want to enter the Kingdom of heaven which is a spiritual realm, we need to be born again of the Spirit.

When the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved" (born again), Paul and Silas responded, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31).

That is going to be a very hard task for you to do.

At least I have the knowledge for eternal life... Do you know the only true God who sent Jesus?

Joh 17:3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You (God) have sent.

The God that Jesus heard from...?
John 8:40 "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

Do you know the God of John 17:3 whom gave Jesus His Revelation? Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him

Do you believe Peter at Pentecost when he taught... Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

No!!! These truths are foreign to you... as you will not find them taught in your Church!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We have a saying in the church that states in essentials unity in non-essentials liberty....
What is “non-essential” in your view? And, are these things “non-essentials” in God’s view?
How do you know? Look at the laws God gave Israel....was anything non-essential? Was anything left up to them to decide?

We also agree with Paul that we all know in part, and that for any one human to grasp the whole counsel of God is impossible.
They knew “in part” back then....but this close to the final judgment, do you honestly believe that at this juncture, God would leave his servants without guidance and direction concerning the coming events?
Who is the “faithful and wise slave” whom Jesus appointed in this time of the end to provide spiritual nourishment to his household? (Matthew 24:45) You think God speaks with a forked tongue? Does his spirit tell one group of people one thing but something else to another?
Non-denominational churches simply gloss over their differences in order to appear united..... but is it true unity? Or do you just agree to disagree on certain issues? You can make all the excuses you like, but your disunity and lack of agreement betrays you. (1 Corinthians 1:10)

You have the watchtower society that declares it is the source of Truth
Can I just be clear here....The Watchtower is a Bible Society.....a legal entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses to print and distribute Bibles and Bible literature in large quantities......we are not “the Watchtower”....we are Jehovah’s Witnesses because printing Bibles and literature is not all we do. We were instructed by Christ to...
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20 -ESV) This is what we do, and have done all through this “time of the end”.
Christendom has been MIA all that time......when has a member of any church called at my door with “the good news of the kingdom”? The answer is NEVER. (Acts 5:42; Acts 20:20)

We have the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of Truth that leads us into truth. The very first thing the Holy Ghost reveals to us is that Jesus is God incarnate, and at the confession that Jesus Christ is THE Lord We can test the Spirit who is of God and who is not....(1 Corinthians 12:3)
Well, the first thing the The Spirit of Truth should reveal to you is that there is no such thing as a “Holy Ghost”. This German word (Geist which means “spirit”) was adopted because it made the Holy Spirit appear to be an entity....a ghost of a figure to conjure up images of personhood.
The Holy Spirit is not a person, and is hardly even mentioned along with the other two inseparable persons of the supposed godhead. (John 17:3; 1 Corinthians 8:5-6)

We have assurance of this fact and do not need to point to uncertainties of translations, or to theological arguments. That is the thing J.W.'s lack is assurance, and why the doctrines of the watchtower have changed over the years and even contradict each other.
Of course you have no need of having discrepancies in translation or theological arguments brought to your attention, because you can never agree on how to answer them. Ignorance is bliss apparently. You ignore what you don’t think is important.....everything is important.

The one thing that JW’s do have is absolute agreement on all of Christ’s teachings. If the Bible does not support the trinity...(and you have been shown countless proofs from scripture that there never was a three headed god worshipped in either Israel or in the first century Christian congregations) then what “spirit” is actually telling you something to the contrary? If inference is all you have to go on, without a single direct statement that God is not “one” as the Bible says, but “three” (a teaching that was not adopted as official doctrine until over 300 years after Christ’s death) then I believe it is the trinitarians who need a rethink.

You all act as if the devil could not mislead you.....he is the sower of the “weeds” that Jesus spoke about.....and deception is his craft. Think about it......if Jesus said that “few” are on the road to life, then the “many” who accept this central foundational doctrine are kidding themselves. It was never a central foundational teaching of God’s son.....so where did it come from? The Holy Spirit.....or an unholy one?

We all have the choice about what to accept as our truth....but accepting the path is also accepting the destination. (Matthew 7:13-14)

What you and other J.W.;s are under is known as Milieu Control, and Mystical manipulation.... read the first two parts of the following link if you do not know what these things are....

Mind-Field: Eight Ways to Identify Religious Brainwashing (Part 1 of 8) | Liberty for Captives
LOL....here’s a thought.....what if that is describing you and your own fellow “Christians” who have swallowed an unholy lie and staked your lives on it? Would God let you know your error? Would he prevent you from believing the lies?

Some just have no love for truth, and.....“for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie”. Modern translation brings out the meaning more clearly, showing that Jehovah does not deliberately delude them, but merely allows Satan to delude them, since they take more pleasure in lies and unrighteousness than in truth and salvation.....
“The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 - ESV)

You see, God is choosing us as much as we think we are choosing him. When he sees a receptive heart...one that is not afraid of the truth, but in actual fact desires it in spite of what that means in dispensing with what is not truth.....then he will “draw” that person as Jesus said....
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. . . . .And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father. (John 6:44,65 -ESV)

You see we can believe whatever our hearts want to believe, but we are judged by it without us even knowing. When Jesus said...”you will know the truth and the truth shall set you free”.....I didn’t understand that freedom until I left the errors of Christendom.....no longer shackled to fear of hell or to doctrines that alter the nature of God into something his people were never taught....true spiritual freedom comes with the truth.

It’s not until you divorce yourself from Christendom’s doctrines, (adopted centuries after Jesus died) that you see how far they have strayed from Christ’s teachings. Jesus found this to be true of his own people in his first mission on earth as a teacher, when he castigated the religious leaders for their false teachings (Matthew 23) and he will encounter the very same situation when he returns as judge. The “goats” will be shocked to learn how he and his Father view them. (Matthew 7:21-23)

Let’s all hope that we are surprised rather than shocked when “the end” comes. Only then will we know for sure that we worshipped the right God, and taught his truth to others.

And look...not a single NWT quote in the whole post.....

Reactions: Pierac and tigger 2

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At least I have the knowledge for eternal life... Do you know the only true God who sent Jesus?

Joh 17:3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You (God) have sent.

The God that Jesus heard from...?
John 8:40 "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

Do you know the God of John 17:3 whom gave Jesus His Revelation? Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him

Do you believe Peter at Pentecost when he taught... Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

No!!! These truths are foreign to you... as you will not find them taught in your Church!
One day you will stand before the 'man' in all his glory, and it will be too late.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is “non-essential” in your view? And, are these things “non-essentials” in God’s view?
How do you know? Look at the laws God gave Israel....was anything non-essential? Was anything left up to them to decide?

Things like eschatology, roles of woman in the family/church, rules on slavery.... I do not have to agree with a Methodist or a Calvinist on everything in order to have fellowship with them and call them brothers and sisters in Christ. I am a prewarther eschatologically and most of the Baptists I have fellowship with are pre tribbers, My Mom was a partial preterist in her eschatology.... ultimately we all will be partially right and partially wrong because we Know in Part, and when that perfect comes at the second coming of Christ we will fully know. Now of course there is "arguing" between people with eschatological differences and the hubris of man is the cause of this, but it is in the fellowship that we learn from one another and come to see the truth in its fullness, when we stop being children tossed to and fro by the teachings of men. (Ephesians 4:14)

They knew “in part” back then....but this close to the final judgment, do you honestly believe that at this juncture, God would leave his servants without guidance and direction concerning the coming events?
Who is the “faithful and wise slave” whom Jesus appointed in this time of the end to provide spiritual nourishment to his household? (Matthew 24:45) You think God speaks with a forked tongue? Does his spirit tell one group of people one thing but something else to another?
Non-denominational churches simply gloss over their differences in order to appear united..... but is it true unity? Or do you just agree to disagree on certain issues? You can make all the excuses you like, but your disunity and lack of agreement betrays you. (1 Corinthians 1:10)

Would God leave us without guidance? He is waiting for the wheat of the field to ripen, that means to mature as the verse from Eph. 4 above speaks of... the perfecting of the saints (Ephesians 4:12) This is of the Holy Spirit's doing... A mature Christian does not need men to teach them as the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth is their teacher.

The shepherds and servants are there until wheat ripens, then they will not be needed (Ephesians 4:11-16) as then the Body will be fitly joined together with one head, Christ Jesus. This happens shortly before Christ comes again. The denominationalism is a sign the field is not yet ripe, But some the firstfruits are beginning to ripen as we speak.

Can I just be clear here....The Watchtower is a Bible Society.....a legal entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses to print and distribute Bibles and Bible literature in large quantities......we are not “the Watchtower”....we are Jehovah’s Witnesses because printing Bibles and literature is not all we do. We were instructed by Christ to...
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20 -ESV) This is what we do, and have done all through this “time of the end”.
Christendom has been MIA all that time......when has a member of any church called at my door with “the good news of the kingdom”? The answer is NEVER. (Acts 5:42; Acts 20:20)

As I said before, I admire the zeal of the J.W.'s But it is a zeal similar to Saul based on legalism. A Coerced zeal is not genuine zeal. Just like Muslims are very zealous for their faith in a violent way because there is the threat of a sword if they stray. Just try to go against the teachings of the watchtower society on their doctrines and see what happens.... It will not be long before you are reprimanded or rebuked...

"when has a member of any church called at my door with “the good news of the kingdom”?" I am here now, as are others who are sharing with you the truth of the King of Kings, the One who was and is and is to come, the "I Am" of Scripture.

Well, the first thing the The Spirit of Truth should reveal to you is that there is no such thing as a “Holy Ghost”. This German word (Geist which means “spirit”) was adopted because it made the Holy Spirit appear to be an entity....a ghost of a figure to conjure up images of personhood.
The Holy Spirit is not a person, and is hardly even mentioned along with the other two inseparable persons of the supposed godhead. (John 17:3; 1 Corinthians 8:5-6)

False: Father Son and Holy Spirit are mentioned together in multiple scriptures, For example 2 Corinthians 13:14

As Far as his being a person, He is referred to as "He", He teaches, He can be blasphemed He can be quenched He sanctifies us, we commune with Him, He Speaks to us.... I could go on but you can look this up easy enough.

LOL....here’s a thought.....what if that is describing you and your own fellow “Christians” who have swallowed an unholy lie and staked your lives on it? Would God let you know your error? Would he prevent you from believing the lies?

Some just have no love for truth, and.....“for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie”. Modern translation brings out the meaning more clearly, showing that Jehovah does not deliberately delude them, but merely allows Satan to delude them, since they take more pleasure in lies and unrighteousness than in truth and salvation.....
“The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 - ESV)

You see, God is choosing us as much as we think we are choosing him. When he sees a receptive heart...one that is not afraid of the truth, but in actual fact desires it in spite of what that means in dispensing with what is not truth.....then he will “draw” that person as Jesus said....
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. . . . .And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father. (John 6:44,65 -ESV)

You see we can believe whatever our hearts want to believe, but we are judged by it without us even knowing. When Jesus said...”you will know the truth and the truth shall set you free”.....I didn’t understand that freedom until I left the errors of Christendom.....no longer shackled to fear of hell or to doctrines that alter the nature of God into something his people were never taught....true spiritual freedom comes with the truth.

It’s not until you divorce yourself from Christendom’s doctrines, (adopted centuries after Jesus died) that you see how far they have strayed from Christ’s teachings. Jesus found this to be true of his own people in his first mission on earth as a teacher, when he castigated the religious leaders for their false teachings (Matthew 23) and he will encounter the very same situation when he returns as judge. The “goats” will be shocked to learn how he and his Father view them. (Matthew 7:21-23)
Let’s all hope that we are surprised rather than shocked when “the end” comes. Only then will we know for sure that we worshipped the right God, and taught his truth to others.

And look...not a single NWT quote in the whole post.....

The difference is the sealing and unction of the Holy Spirit a true born again believer has and the assurance that comes from having "God with us". There are many Nicolaitans planted in the church, the tares among the wheat, although some are seduced by them for a time, they will not prevail when the church of the saints is ready for harvest. "All things work together for good to them that Love God" (Romans 8:28)

As For not having a NWT quote, that is why I am commenting with you still, and no cut and pastes from watchtower sources like some here.

God Bless.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
JW's call Jesus bad, evil when they do not confess Him as God.

Maybe some don't realize the implication of their philosophy, maybe some do and don't have a problem with that.

Mark 10
17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”

18 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

If only God is good and Christ is not God who is One, then they are confessing Christ is evil, bad. Scripture does not mix evil with good, like a little bit evil, a little bit good. Things are either evil or good, especially when the subject is God Himself.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe some don't realize the implication of their philosophy, maybe some do and don't have a problem with that.

Mark 10
17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”

18 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

If only God is good and Christ is not God who is One, then they are confessing Christ is evil, bad. Scripture does not mix evil with good, like a little bit evil, a little bit good. Things are either evil or good, especially when the subject is God Himself.
How can you be spewing such lies and defaming such good Christian people, saying they call Jesus evil when they say he is not God, which he is not, hence Christ always referring to his Father Jehovah, Christ never said he was God but the son of God.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Mark 10

You seriously believe that?
“So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.”
Read it again......No one is good but God.....so Jesus was saying he is not God.

How do you twist that to infer the opposite......? Good grief....:rolleyes:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can you be spewing such lies and defaming such good Christian people, saying they call Jesus evil when they say he is not God, which he is not, hence Christ always referring to his Father Jehovah, Christ never said he was God but the son of God.
Well only God is good, there are no good Christian people.
And no JW's are Christians.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seriously believe that?
“So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.”
Read it again......No one is good but God.....so Jesus was saying he is not God.

How do you twist that to infer the opposite......? Good grief....:rolleyes:
Aunty Jane you couldn't be more right, a simpleton like me knows yet these supposed Bible scholars do not, and to me it came naturally, I din't have to study it or read it to understand Jesus is the Son of Jehovah and not Jehovah himself, or things concerning the Trinity, even when I was a practicing Catholic I knew.

And to be spewing such garbage towards other Christians and calling them evil, is not right and it is they who are evil for spewing such lies.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well only God is good, there are no good Christian people.
And no JW's are Christians.
And who are you to say that Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christian, when they believe in Jesus as Jehovah's only begotten son as it says in my signature from John 3:16?

What denomination are you?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jw's would agree with the Jewish priests about Christ.
And they would have the same feelings about Christ that the Jews had who calls himself the Son of the Blessed!
They would also accuse Christ of BLASPHEMY!
There is no mistaking whom Jesus say He is here.
The Jewish priests knew the prophecies about their coming Messiah, that he would be God the Son come in the flesh.
They denied HIM, just as the JW's DENY the Christ.
I dont think they would beat Christ like the Jews and Romans did, but they would be in agreement about his being killed for being a blasphemer, if they had been there. They would seek to kill Christ too. That was the punishment for blasphemy back in those days.

Mark 14
53 And they led Jesus away to the high priest; and with him were assembled all the chief priests, the elders, and the scribes. 54 But Peter followed Him at a distance, right into the courtyard of the high priest. And he sat with the servants and warmed himself at the fire.

55 Now the chief priests and all the council sought testimony against Jesus to put Him to death, but found none. 56 For many bore false witness against Him, but their testimonies [k]did not agree.

57 Then some rose up and bore false witness against Him, saying, 58 “We heard Him say, ‘I will destroy this temple made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.’ ” 59 But not even then did their testimony agree.

60 And the high priest stood up in the midst and asked Jesus, saying, “Do You answer nothing? What is it these men testify against You?” 61 But He kept silent and answered nothing.

Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?”

62 Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”

63 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “What further need do we have of witnesses? 64 You have heard the blasphemy! What do you think?”

And they all condemned Him to be deserving of death.

65 Then some began to spit on Him, and to blindfold Him, and to beat Him, and to say to Him, “Prophesy!” And the officers [l]struck Him with the palms of their hands.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And who are you to say that Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christian, when they believe in Jesus as Jehovah's only begotten son as it says in my signature from John 3:16?

What denomination are you?
Christians worship Jesus Christ, many examples in the scriptures,
JW's refuse to do that, they deny Christ. They are not Christians at all, they are something else, an entirely different religion.
And when they deny Christ, they deny the Father, GOD who sent Him.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jw's would agree with the Jewish priests about Christ.
And they would have the same feelings about Christ that the Jews had who calls himself the Son of the Blessed!
They would also accuse Christ of BLASPHEMY!
There is no mistaking whom Jesus say He is here.
The Jewish priests knew the prophecies about their coming Messiah, that he would be God the Son come in the flesh.
They denied HIM, just as the JW's DENY the Christ.
I dont think they would beat Christ like the Jews and Romans did, but they would be in agreement about his being killed for being a blasphemer, if they had been there. They would seek to kill Christ too. That was the punishment for blasphemy back in those days.

Mark 14
53 And they led Jesus away to the high priest; and with him were assembled all the chief priests, the elders, and the scribes. 54 But Peter followed Him at a distance, right into the courtyard of the high priest. And he sat with the servants and warmed himself at the fire.

55 Now the chief priests and all the council sought testimony against Jesus to put Him to death, but found none. 56 For many bore false witness against Him, but their testimonies [k]did not agree.

57 Then some rose up and bore false witness against Him, saying, 58 “We heard Him say, ‘I will destroy this temple made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.’ ” 59 But not even then did their testimony agree.

60 And the high priest stood up in the midst and asked Jesus, saying, “Do You answer nothing? What is it these men testify against You?” 61 But He kept silent and answered nothing.

Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?”

62 Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”

63 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “What further need do we have of witnesses? 64 You have heard the blasphemy! What do you think?”

And they all condemned Him to be deserving of death.

65 Then some began to spit on Him, and to blindfold Him, and to beat Him, and to say to Him, “Prophesy!” And the officers [l]struck Him with the palms of their hands.
I have never heard such blasphemy coming out of the mouth of a supposed Christian, the Jehovah's Witnesses do not deny Christ.

You just said it in your post when Jesus was asked if he is the Son of the Blessed and Jesus said I am and that he will be sitting at the right hand of his Father.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have never heard such blasphemy coming out of the mouth of a supposed Christian, the Jehovah's Witnesses do not deny Christ.

You just said it in your post when Jesus was asked if he is the Son of the Blessed and Jesus said I am and that he will be sitting at the right hand of his Father.
All JW's who believe their lying doctrines are all going to hell fire, to be with Satan and his demons and fallen angels.

Reactions: Cooper