Unforgiveness and fellowship with God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also sure dont seem to remember when paul wrote to the corithians
him ever once saying HEY CHURCH we need to rather find the ROOT cause of why they sin
and just come along side of them .
Folks we bess get back in bibles or prepare to watch churches leaven to the full .
Ok, So we judge judge them instead of tryign to find out why they are doing what they are doing

and we should just send them to the world to be lost

That's what the legalistic churches I grew up in did. And let me tell you. that church never had open people who would be honest about their sinlife.. why would that.. all your going to do is judge me and kick me out..

Jesus did nto do that with his disciples. he even allowed Judas to walk with him

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, if someone is sleeping with the GF and they are not married. we should show them what the word says. I agree
same applies if we see any in sin . just has to be corrected .
Did you know that i was once invited to attend this massively huge church
by two married women , they thought i could learn something . yeah . they knew well i did not approve of same sex marriage
BUT THAT CHURCH DOES . ooops .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
correct the church . And i am telling you those two key phrases i have heard and seen big time .
Paul didnt write and say HEY we all need to have A POW WOW on why they sin . HE said IF they did not cease
HE was coming with a ROD .
If you do not find out WHY they are committing certain sins, You will never get to the problem. and you have lost them.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, So we judge judge them instead of tryign to find out why they are doing what they are doing

and we should just send them to the world to be lost

That's what the legalistic churches I grew up in did. And let me tell you. that church never had open people who would be honest about their sinlife.. why would that.. all your going to do is judge me and kick me out..

Jesus did nto do that with his disciples. he even allowed Judas to walk with him
We correct them . Legalistic . please dont run paul or others out of the church just yet .
DID YOU SEE the letters they wrote about SIN within the church .
IF those WHO claim to believe , YOU CORRECT THEM WHO CLIAM TO BELEIVE .
and have ZERO company with Any beleiver who repents not of said sin .
As for the world , well we got out unto them with CHRIST JESUS to preach the gloroius gospel
BUT if any cliams to BELEIVE IN JESUS and walks in SIN , CORRECT THEM . do it as you are led to do .
BUT make sure we correct them .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not find out WHY they are committing certain sins, You will never get to the problem. and you have lost them.
nope . we dont have to FIND out the why . try and find that in any of the letters of the apostels . YOU WONT
that came in from men . I dont need to KNOW WHY one sins to kindly explain to them that IT IS SIN . and they need to cease it .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church lost its way cause it stopped heeding the original doctrine and pattern .
And it will never finds its way or THE WAY under todays doctrines of men .
This is a deception to stop true correction from occuring within the church .
Those who sin , FIND OUT THE CAUSE come along side them , NOPE
Those who sin rebuke before all that others may fear . AT least that is what paul said .
SIN must be corrected asap fast , so fast it make a head spin , WITHIN the Church .
This is not about doctrine.

it is how do we disciple people.

Reactions: marks

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope . we dont have to FIND out the why . try and find that in any of the letters of the apostels . YOU WONT
that came in from men . I dont need to KNOW WHY one sins to kindly explain to them that IT IS SIN . and they need to cease it .

Then you will never help someone

If you think you will show them the law and say follow it. You will lose them..

Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We correct them . Legalistic . please dont run paul or others out of the church just yet .
DID YOU SEE the letters they wrote about SIN within the church .
IF those WHO claim to believe , YOU CORRECT THEM WHO CLIAM TO BELEIVE .
and have ZERO company with Any beleiver who repents not of said sin .
As for the world , well we got out unto them with CHRIST JESUS to preach the gloroius gospel
BUT if any cliams to BELEIVE IN JESUS and walks in SIN , CORRECT THEM . do it as you are led to do .
BUT make sure we correct them .
How do you correct them

Take the paddle to them?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you will never help someone

If you think you will show them the law and say follow it. You will lose them..
USE the law to correct . not to justify oneself . who said anything about FOLLOWING the law .
I give us the pepsi challenge to read what paul wrote to the churches about sin .
See paul knew how to TAKE care of the church for its own good . Todays men only know how to appease the people for a paycheck .
Do i need to ask the question which one ye think i am gonna follow . Yeah , you already know my dear
friend which one i choose . The biblical pattern for all things . Todays patterns of men AINT WORKING
and the churches have continued to conform more and more to the world under their teachings . You be blessed now
my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you correct them

Take the paddle to them?
By following the advice paul wrote . Aint no need to know why one doeth as he doeth .
Just need to out of great love correct any and all error when once that error is made known or seen .
IF , if i ran a church i tell you what i would do .
the number one thing i would have loads of bible time , lots of doctrine to feed the masses .
THAT ALONE would have cleared up a walloping ninety five percent of the problem right there .
Then of course if error IN A BELIEVER is noted or seen , it gets corrected . And as for words , THE SPIRIT always gives me what to say .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
USE the law to correct . not to justify oneself . who said anything about FOLLOWING the law .
I give us the pepsi challenge to read what paul wrote to the churches about sin .
See paul knew how to TAKE care of the church for its own good . Todays men only know how to appease the people for a paycheck .
Do i need to ask the question which one ye think i am gonna follow . Yeah , you already know my dear
friend which one i choose . The biblical pattern for all things . Todays patterns of men AINT WORKING
and the churches have continued to conform more and more to the world under their teachings . You be blessed now
my friend .
The law was not given to correct. It was given as a schoolmaster to lead us to Christ.

The law says do not commit adultery..

It does not say if you lust a woman you have committed adultery.

Why is a person committing adultery?

Lust?
A lack of love for their spouse?
Trying to feed a need because they are not getting it at home?
Rebellion against God or marriage or the system?
They are angry at their spouse?

Non of these are valid excuses to sin, But they can be the root cause.

If you just say do not commit adultery because God said so. Your putting them under law. and as paul said, even the fathers could not carry that burden.

If you love your brother or sister (actually a female should be discipline another female) then you search what the issue is.. then get the person to admit that issue, and hope that their confession of that issue solves the problem of their infidelity.

Thats what true discipleship relationship does.. I wish I had that when I was growing up, and even when I went into the military it could have saved me from alot of sin.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By following the advice paul wrote . Aint no need to know why one doeth as he doeth .
Just need to out of great love correct any and all error when once that error is made known or seen .
IF , if i ran a church i tell you what i would do .
the number one thing i would have loads of bible time , lots of doctrine to feed the masses .
THAT ALONE would have cleared up a walloping ninety five percent of the problem right there .
Then of course if error IN A BELIEVER is noted or seen , it gets corrected . And as for words , THE SPIRIT always gives me what to say .
sorry Bro, I disagree..

Thats the problem with the church today. and why the church is failing.. in my view..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You speak as one that is opposed to being obedient to the Lord after getting born again claiming this is "adding to" what Jesus did at the Cross, claiming this is works based salvation

This is common erroneous thinking among the reformed theology / calvinists / OSAS peoples due to their refusal to believe everything God's Word teaches concerning salvation.

In fact, the reformed theology / calvinists / OSAS peoples actually agree with the message satan had for Adam and Eve which is.,.. one can willingly and knowingly disobey God on purpose (SIN) and not die spiritually which is to be separated from the Lord due to light and darkness not having fellowship (2 Corinthians 6:14)

So, you'll have to excuse me for not having any willingness to sit under false doctrine... cause I know better than the reformed theology / calvinists / OSAS peoples! View attachment 37783

I've spent years comparing what the reformed theology / calvinists / OSAS peoples teach to what God teaches in His word... and you folks up come way short! View attachment 37784

If we study the teachings of Jesus in the Matthew 23 (and other scriptures) we'll find that Jesus condemned the self-righteousness of the Pharisees and Sadducees. They considered themselves righteous based on their own interpretation of their behavior and beliefs and not according to God.

>Luke 18:9
Verse Concepts
And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt:

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is usually a root cause of sin, unforgiveness is one of them...find the source / root cause, then we can work from there....I’ve had years of counselling by a Christian lady..

I agree with you here...once I found the root cause, and why they did what they did..I could then ask God to help me move forward on my forgiveness journey...imo.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law was not given to correct. It was given as a schoolmaster to lead us to Christ.

The law says do not commit adultery..

It does not say if you lust a woman you have committed adultery.

Why is a person committing adultery?

Lust?
A lack of love for their spouse?
Trying to feed a need because they are not getting it at home?
Rebellion against God or marriage or the system?
They are angry at their spouse?

Non of these are valid excuses to sin, But they can be the root cause.

If you just say do not commit adultery because God said so. Your putting them under law. and as paul said, even the fathers could not carry that burden.

If you love your brother or sister (actually a female should be discipline another female) then you search what the issue is.. then get the person to admit that issue, and hope that their confession of that issue solves the problem of their infidelity.

Thats what true discipleship relationship does.. I wish I had that when I was growing up, and even when I went into the military it could have saved me from alot of sin.
The reason , when we are tempted it is because of the flesh . my dear friend
a man could have the best wife and still be tempted by the flesh to LOOK . He must simply , IF HE KNOWS CHRIST , deny the flesh .
Adam and eve had all they did need and yet ................................
temptation cometh . Simply CORRECT the ERROR . Be encourged. The philosophical minds of men
have done major damage to the church . the Church now rests in the power and knowledge of men
THAT IS WHY IT FAILS and has collapsed . Time we got back into bibles again and start being refreshed again by
those reminders .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is usually a root cause of sin, unforgiveness is one of them...find the source / root cause, then we can work from there....I’ve had years of counselling by a Christian lady..

I agree with you here...once I found the root cause, and why they did what they did..I could then ask God to help me move forward on my forgiveness journey...imo.
Many men or women make excuse for why they do as they do . Mans heart is simply evil from his youth up .
I see then when i would do good that evil is present with me . TEMPTATION cometh from the flesh .
Correct all error within the church . This world nor any spouse is ever gonna be perfect .
Using this line as an excuse for sin is total bad news . WE dont need to find out why one errs . We need to correct the error .
We should be pointing them to Christ and reminding them as we correct them . Simply correct the one in error
before the leaven takes them down and the rest down with it . Yes even a little leaven can indeed leaven the whole lump .
I wish we would approach all things by the pattern the early church taught and not rather by the wisdom of men .
Cause as you know the wisdom of men cannot and does not attain to the SPIRITUAL WISDOM of GOD .
The problem with society is it always , through the lens of men , has tried to solve problems of the heart of man .
IT JUST cant do it . BUT JESUS CAN . THE SPIRIT CAN , SPEAK TRUTH .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you see what you just wrote . the cause of sin , the root cause of sin , IS SIN . i mean unforgivenss is sin .
Exactly . SIN is simply present in the flesh . The sin that sins . THUS we must simply correct the error .
IF we know about it . The first way to keep the church alert would be continually reading biblcal doctrine
and applying what we learn and do hear , by the POWER of the SPIRIT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have zero problem with BIBLICAL counseling but the counseling that is of the wisdom of men , I DO have a huge problem with . . the error must be ceased .

Last edited: