unity in Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
meshak said:
And you call yourself Christian? Jesus messages were different that time? I dont think so. Do you know that Jesus commands us to "love your enemy"?

And I know there were a lot of Jesus' followers not in Catholics or trinity believers. RCC killed many of their enemies.
Jesus message never was pacifism. It was about not loving violence and striving for peace. Proof text all you want, the actual theme of Scripture is not to be a pacifist, it is to be righteous, and refusing to act when evil rises is not righteous, it's called being cowardly. Turning the other cheek and loving the enemy is not synonymous with letting evil reign. That is utterly ridiculous and no amount of anything you say is going to change that.

Those such as yourself simply try to look benevolent, speaking of peace, but your beliefs are absurd and you propel a convenient lie.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
SilenceInMotion said:
Jesus message never was pacifism.
Do you know Jesus message of "love your enemy"?

Do you know that Jesus and His disciples did not kill anyone even for self defense?

Here you go SIM,

Here is what Jesus has to
say about your enemy:Luke 6:27-36 King James Version)

27But I say unto you which
hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28Bless them that
curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29And unto him that
smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy
cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30Give to every man that asketh of
thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31And as ye
would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32For if ye
love them which love you what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that
love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye?
for sinners also do even the same.
34And if ye to them of whom ye hope to
receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as
much again.
35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for
nothing again; and your shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the
Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36Be ye
therefore merciful, as your Fatheralso is merciful.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
SilenceInMotion said:
Those such as yourself simply try to look benevolent, speaking of peace, but your beliefs are absurd and you propel a convenient lie.
catholic-cartoon.jpg

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
meshak said:
Do you know Jesus message of "love your enemy"?
I love my family and friends, and will defend them. I can do more good on this Earth then a murderer who comes after me. I, unlike those such as yourself, am not fatalistic and suicidal. And God does not command that of anyone. You few just try too hard to have some moral supremacy in your beliefs, and fail to see that it is asinine.

Face some facts: If you have the ability to put down a tyrant, and refuse to do so, you did not do anything benevloent. You did quite the contrary- others will be victimized.
Those like yourself cherry pick verses and ignore the contrary. Why did Jesus tell Peter to bring a sword? Why does Paul explicitly state that the man who bears his sword against evil is a man of th eLord, and doing the Lord's work?

There is no sin in being a righteous warrior. There is, however, sin in naivety and timidity. You all owe the Christian warriors due respect for fighting and dying for Christianity, the religion you wouldn't even have if it weren't for them.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And I know there were a lot of Jesus' followers not in Catholics or trinity believers. RCC killed many of their enemies.
The problem is many of them where Gods friends including the Jews during the crusades. But it is pointless going on they have set there hearts and they are unwilling to accept the truth.

Luk 11:47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
Luk 11:48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres.
Luk 11:49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
Luk 11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;

I hope you are not there when He comes.

In all His Love

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
meshak said:
So you indorse killing your enemy against Jesus' command.
I endorse doing whatever is neccesary to keep Christianity prevalent and protect people. Jesus did not command to not do those things, he commanded to love your enemy. God loved the world, but He still commanded the Israelites to kill. God loved the world, but He still flooded it. Jesus told Peter to bring a sword, and only had him drop it because the violence was vain- they had been had. There is no other interpretation because Jesus would have never told him to bring a sword in the first place if it wasn't.

Your interpretation of the Bible is badly flawed. You all badly lose this debate, there is no other way around it.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
SilenceInMotion said:
I endorse doing whatever is neccesary to keep Christianity prevalent and protect people.
Even going against Jesus' word. what a concept. When you go against Jesus' it is not true Christianity anymore. It is misrepresenting Jesus. It is grave sin.

Jesus' commands us to come out of Babylon. the organizations who go against Jesus' word is a big part of Babylon, friend.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
meshak said:
Even going against Jesus' word. what a concept. When you go against Jesus' it is not true Christianity anymore. It is misrepresenting Jesus. It is grave sin.

Jesus' commands us to come out of Babylon. the organizations who go against Jesus' word is a big part of Babylon, friend.
You cherry picked my last post just like you cherry pick Scripture, ignoring the parts in both which prove you wrong.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
SilenceInMotion said:
You cherry picked my last post just like you cherry pick Scripture, ignoring the parts in both which prove you wrong.

I pointed out what you are ignoring deliberately.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
mjrhealth said:
The problem is many of them where Gods friends including the Jews during the crusades. But it is pointless going on they have set there hearts and they are unwilling to accept the truth.

Luk 11:47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
Luk 11:48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres.
Luk 11:49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
Luk 11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;

I hope you are not there when He comes.

In all His Love
Why did you quote my post? What did I say wrong?

thanks.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
isn'T this a thread about unity?

I enjoyed reading your post, Forrestcup.

stefen

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai, India
I was off in past 2 weeks. And I didn't expect that this will go for 4 pages.

Yeah. This topic speaks about Unity in Christians (Followers of Christ). There is no place for divisions or denominations. You can call it as catholic is a united and old church. But we don't mind it. God's wish is that we should be called as Christians. Not catholics (You can give different meanings or can write essays about history which is not in Bible for this word catholic. But we won't mind it, as per the global English language, Bible says us a christians. Not catholics. And I am a Christian, I belong / member of church / Bride which was before the catholic church itself). Be united in Christ, not based on your own denominations. We will meet up in heaven. :)

Thanks