Unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just reading over this, and actually the above isn't really true. The unity is found through fellowship in the Spirit of God, and especially operation in the spiritual gifts. Through this, unity in doctrine will come. Without this, it never will.

I need to go back and study this in the Bible. I think its possible for people of different doctrines to unite.

For example, some people believe Deuteronomy 22:5 means women should only wear skirts and dresses.

Does a disagreement over that doctrine mean two can't pray together or fellowship? Absolutely not.

What Im on the fence about is whether there can be unity despite disagreements on the gospel.

A big part of me hopes the answer is yes. But I honestly need to look at Scripture again on the issue.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poor narrowway forum trained lady, if only you could find the peace and freedom found In Jesus you could actually stand on your own two feet, you could go shopping you could walk your dogs etc , Do you know what the Gospel actually Says?
And this is an example of what the OP is referring to....
How could this have been said without all the insulting adjectives????
Kudos to any member who can make this same point without being insulting!!!
@Wynona, @Nancy, @Pearl, @Truman the Levite and anyone else who wants to give it a shot?

Reactions: amadeus and Truman

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And this is an example of what the OP is referring to....
How could this have been said without all the insulting adjectives????
Kudos to any member who can make this same point without being insulting!!!
@Wynona, @Nancy, @Pearl, @Truman the Levite and anyone else who wants to give it a shot?

We can always word things nicer... but we are adults, But I don't think it's insulting if it's true, I have known them for years and talked to them before, it really is harmless in the scheme of their reality and they don't have a lot of time left. Also Is scheming against others then coming to put those schemes into action worthy of been called out on because that's insulting to me? we are to be the salt of the earth if the salt losses its saltiness..... it's not always about been phoney Nice and fake love, But aren't these accusers of the brethren the hell for christians condemners, been insulting and not very nice, Hell is a Big deal

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For example, some people believe Deuteronomy 22:5 means women should only wear skirts and dresses.

Does a disagreement over that doctrine mean two can't pray together or fellowship? Absolutely not.

Correct, nor should it be made an issue either way (provided that those on the other side don't go completely overboard and start dressing provocatively). Scripture teaches that what a man does by faith he does unto God.
What Im on the fence about is whether there can be unity despite disagreements on the gospel.

A big part of me hopes the answer is yes. But I honestly need to look at Scripture again on the issue.

This is one reason why I stress unity in the Spirit first, so long as all involved truly have the Spirit of God. If not, THAT becomes the first order of business is exposing evil, laying it bear, and removing it from the body of Christ, either by exorcism or by excommunication, one of the two. But some of the greatest arguments are always over doctrines regarding salvation. The answer to get to a place of unity is NOT to debate endlessly if it will just lead to strife and more strife, and a quenching of the Spirit. The answer is to draw closer to one another and God by abiding in the Spirit, and letting the Spirit speak through them by divine utterance to separate lies from the truth.

Granted, this is not the way most churches operate today, but it is the way they operated during New Testament times, and it is the way the end-time church will operate once again before the Lord returns.

God bless, and I hope that maybe gives you something to consider.

Reactions: Wynona

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can always word things nicer... but we are adults, But I don't think it's insulting if it's true, I have known them for years and talked to them before, it really is harmless in the scheme of their reality and they don't have a lot of time left. Also Is scheming against others then coming to put those schemes into action worthy of been called out on because that's insulting to me? we are to be the salt of the earth if the salt losses its saltiness..... it's not always about been phoney Nice and fake love, But aren't these accusers of the brethren the hell for christians condemners, been insulting and not very nice, Hell is a Big deal
Yes and idle words will be judged...
Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they who love it will eat the fruit thereof.

Reactions: amadeus

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes and idle words will be judged...
Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they who love it will eat the fruit thereof.

Fair enough And there is also harsher judgment for those with the authority That could stop things and choose to do nothing about it, What if they even try and support the ones that do and silence the opposition, letting wolves in to try and devour the sheep then what are the consequences for that, Some save with compassion some with fear, pulling them out of the fire, The forum Needs both perspectives

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you need the Cross but you take the cross out then you just have to endure to the end on your own strength

No no no:

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)

Sin no more would be included in the “all things”. But your false Christ does not do anything for you because “he did it all on the cross for you”.

You try and take credit for it tho and show verses that are not dealing with slavation

I show verses that are not dealing with salvation??? REALLY?! Because it disturbs your faulty doctrine so it’s convenient for you to make the word of God void by this crafty tactic of yours.

That's why you don't understand the cross, its foolishness to you

No no no, the cross is precious: without it there would be no hope for man.

But this is what is foolishness unto you:

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin" (1 John 3:9)

This hammering word breaks your foolish doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved to pieces!

"Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?" (Jeremiah 23:29)

Jesus said sin no more great advice but it wasn't a requirement for salvation

After being born again, it is indeed a requirement:

Matthew 7:22-23
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, ...[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Your religion is made of your own doctrines where you think you can do something to add to it when you cant

It’s biblical doctrine to which you are ignorant of:

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith" (2 Peter 1:5)

WHY???

"...to make your calling and election sure" (2 Peter 1:10)

But your doctrine teaches you that Christ made it sure for you! Who’s wrong? Scripture, or your doctrine?

real Christians know that we are saved by grace through faith not of works you're just fooling yourself,

This is baby milk doctrine. I learned this in my FIRST year of reading the Holy Bible. But I grew up in the faith and can now handle meaty scripture like this one:

"...Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee." (John 5:14)

You cannot handle this truth because your growth got cut off by corruptible seed:

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." (1 Peter 1:23)

You got born again be a false doctrine.

Satan Will Always Try take glory away From Jesus

No he will not, it’s impossible for him to do so. However, What he does do is this:

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:8)

And Satan sure has done a good job at preaching Once Saved Always Saved because:

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
[13] For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. [14] And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. [15] Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do not decide truth, We accept it or reject it. There should be no divisions if We are all following the same Lord, being led by the same Holy Spirt and doing the will of the father
Precious friend, thank you. To bring out The Truth That "we accept or reject," we have to ask questions of opposing Truth statements to determine WHICH we
"accept or reject TODAY," correct?

Example: Do we "accept for our obedience, Today," this?:

a) Under God's Law, the gospel of the kingdom? OR this?:

b) Under God's GRACE, The Gospel Of The GRACE Of God? or:

c) Combine them BOTH together, accept, and OBEY them BOTH?

Last edited:

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No no no:

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)

Sin no more would be included in the “all things”. But your false Christ does not do anything for you because “he did it all on the cross for you”.

For Salvation he has done it all The one you call False is the word of God the Saviour Of the World He is the truth, To show your lies you can do all things aye, Raise the dead? raise yourself from the dead?did you notice the word through? So see your version is false it cant even save you

I show verse that are not dealing with salvation??? REALLY?! Because it disturbs your faulty doctrine so it’s convenient for you to make the word of God void by this crafty tactic of yours.

No because it didn't mention Salvation lol

No no no, the cross is precious: without it there would be no hope for man.

But this is what is foolishness unto you:

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin" (1 John 3:9)

This hammering word breaks your foolish doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved to pieces!

"Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?" (Jeremiah 23:29)

I haven't mentioned osas whats wrong with you, What sin are you accusing of? Calm down and try to talk sense

After being born again, it is indeed a requirement:

The ones in your verse where so humble they didn't even now the good works they had done, The ones that's boasted were rejected tho

But your doctrine teaches you that Christ made it sure for you! Who’s wrong? Scripture, or your doctrine?

Matthew 7:22-23
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, ...[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I'm Talking about Salvation...you are trying make your calling and election sure go for it

You cannot handle this truth because your growth got cut off by corruptible seed:

You like a trolling snake you twist words and opinions, Once again because you said so right?

No he will not, it’s impossible for him to do so. However, What he does do is this:

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:8)

And Satan sure has done a good job at preaching Once Saved Always Saved because:

Your caught up and hurt with osas, get over it, The only one it would annoy is Satan because he can't get to them, you have no target to devour

What did Jesus say to peter, Ill pray for you, that was his only chance

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Explain to me how I twisted your words and opinions.

I’ll passover the insult.

God bless you and I’ll pray for you.

Its all you can do
But your false Christ does not do anything for you because “he did it all on the cross for you”.
Because it disturbs your faulty doctrine so it’s convenient for you to make the word of God void by this crafty tactic of yours.

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." (1 Peter 1:23)

You got born again be a false doctrine.

I haven't mentioned osas whats wrong with you, What sin are you accusing of? Calm down and try to talk sense

Oh good. So you believe that you CAN lose your salvation then. It doesn’t show in your posts.

I apologize.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@HisLife

If you believe that salvation can not be lost no matter how you conduct yourself in the faith, than you believe in Once Saved Always Saved.

So what is your answer?

Is it possible to lose your salvation by willfully sinning after being sanctified by the blood of Christ?

Do you believe the plain writing in Hebrews 10:26-29?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notice you and others you hang out with brush the Cross off likes its no Big deal, Its the power of God of Salvation to all men, Its Christ and him crucified
The cross is everything. That is why the Bible tells us to keep believing in it.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am amazed that some Christians think that means the Bible is telling us to work to save ourselves

We are told to do so with fear and trembling. You Deny this scripture?

Are you corrupted also?

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." (Philippians 2:12)

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Keep believing in the cross. That's what the Bible tells us to do. I am amazed that some Christians think that means the Bible is telling us to work to save ourselves.

No Ferris You must be born again, You don't believe you will become unborn you just are it.... You save others with the cross, once you have believed in it you can never do away with the cross, it turns into the great commission

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are told to do so with fear and trembling. You Deny this scripture?

Are you corrupted also?

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." (Philippians 2:12)
Not 'work out' as in 'earn your own salvation'. I definitely do not believe we are told to earn our own salvation by doing works of righteousness. We only 'save ourselves' for what that actually means in the Bible.....

With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” Acts 2:40

women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety. 1 Timothy 2:15

Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers. 1 Timothy 4:16