Unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the lack of unity among believers today bother anyone else?

Whether we are OSAS or NOSAS, or in a specific denomination, the fact remains that the Church is under attack by dark forces and principalities that are united in their efforts to silence Christians.

Is there no way for us to come together, hungry and seeking God, so that revival and an outpouring of the Spirit comes with miracles and healing?

Can we not pray in one accord for the sake of the lost and against evil in high places?

Do our arguments about doctrine quench the Spirit? Im not saying they always do but its something to think about. Its hard to pray and argue at the same time.

Im not trying to say that doctrine isn't important but I just feel like with everything that is going on, its time we put some of that aside and storm the gates of heaven with our prayers because were in a battle against evil from those who want to silence the Church.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In my real life I have never encountered a lack of unity whichever church I've belonged to. But the forums are rife with it as people choose to argue over suppositions and old chestnuts which get argued about on every so-called Christian forum I've ever been part of. Some people just like to parade the 'cleverness' and 'knowledge' and put the rest of in our place.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Whether we are OSAS or NOSAS, or in a specific denomination, the fact remains that the Church is under attack by dark forces and principalities that are united in their efforts to silence Christians.

Is there no way for us to come together, hungry and seeking God, so that revival and an outpouring of the Spirit comes with miracles and healing?

Can we not pray in one accord for the sake of the lost and against evil in high places?

Do our arguments about doctrine quench the Spirit? Im not saying they always do but its something to think about. Its hard to pray and argue at the same time.

Im not trying to say that doctrine isn't important but I just feel like with everything that is going on, its time we put some of that aside and storm the gates of heaven with our prayers because were in a battle against evil from those who want to silence the Church.
I firmly believe that people can work together, even while disagreeing. I try to.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wow, what a loaded question.

So much to respond to here.

1. the fact remains that the Church is under attack by dark forces and principalities that are united in their efforts to silence Christians.

Yes, this is absolutely true, only you have to understand what the war is actually being fought over. It is a war for the truth. The WORD is what the Devil is after silencing. If he can use any means whatsoever to silence it, he will. But while there are some Christians who are used by the enemy to simply sow strife needlessly, there are others who are truly set for the defense of the gospel, and without their presence in the fight Christianity is doomed to destruction. Lies and deceptions must be exposed, or "Christianity" will be transformed into something that sends men and women to eternal damnation instead of Heaven.

2. Is there no way for us to come together, hungry and seeking God, so that revival and an outpouring of the Spirit comes with miracles and healing?

Of course, but it will be a drawing together of those called of God to be soldiers. The days of lukewarm, superficial Christianity are coming to a close. We are now entering a time when only those strong enough to withstand tests and trials will survive spiritually.

3. Can we not pray in one accord for the sake of the lost and against evil in high places?

Again, yes. But this will be more few and far between for a while longer. Most are not armed for war, and war is coming. They have little or no spiritual armor on, and when the battle comes they will fall, and not remain in the fight to pray against evil. It is a fight reserved only for the strong now.

4. Do our arguments about doctrine quench the Spirit? Im not saying they always do but its something to think about. Its hard to pray and argue at the same time?

They can, but that is if you allow yourself to get into anger and bitterness. The sword must be used, and put to the neck of the enemy. There is no way around this in the spiritual war. But it must always be done in love towards our fellow man, because ultimately we do not war against flesh and blood but against, as you say, wickedness in high places.

5. I'm not trying to say that doctrine isn't important but I just feel like with everything that is going on, its time we put some of that aside and storm the gates of heaven with our prayers because were in a battle against evil from those who want to silence the Church.

Prayers are VITALLY important, trust me. They empower the saints; they expose the enemy's strategies to Light; they drive back the darkness.

But it is the sword that deals the death blow. Prayers alone will not work, for these support the sword in the field, and bring victory in silencing the lies that destroy.

Hope this helps,
Hidden In Him

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will not be unified until all Christians make acting like a Christian in accordance with the fruit of the Spirit the primary reason we exist and the goal toward which we are to be heading.

...to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.

For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

These, then, are the things you should teach. Titus 2:10-15
We wouldn't be having a lot of debates and contentions if we would just focus on what actually matters. Instead we'd be discussing how to do this, encouraging one another, and praying for one another.

let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wonderful post, and it DOES bother me no end sister. Welcome here BTW, if I haven't already welcomed you :)

The simple answer that always comes to me is that, the wheat must grow with the tares until the angel of God separates us. We will know them by their fruits...

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my real life I have never encountered a lack of unity whichever church I've belonged to. But the forums are rife with it as people choose to argue over suppositions and old chestnuts which get argued about on every so-called Christian forum I've ever been part of. Some people just like to parade the 'cleverness' and 'knowledge' and put the rest of in our place.

Hello Pat,
It has made me wonder about how Christians act while around other Christians in a Church setting as opposed to on a forum. I think if everyone said what they thought in a traditional church, there would be some fireworks there too :D

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful post, and it DOES bother me no end sister. Welcome here BTW, if I haven't already welcomed you :)

The simple answer that always comes to me is that, the wheat must grow with the tares until the angel of God separates us. We will know them by their fruits...

Good post. You do mean "angels" plural, yes? :)

Reactions: Nancy

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the wheat must grow with the tares until the angel of God separates us.
But if they exist in their own little denomination away from us it makes life easier for the rest of us. I think if a church dedicated itself to teaching godly living according to the fruit of the Spirit where we learn about and encourage each other on how to act at work, and at the grocery store, and in our neighborhoods, and in our personal relationships fake believers wouldn't be interested and wouldn't attend. Won't happen, though, because that's the narrow way that Jesus talked about that few find and few walk. That doesn't fit the business model of the church these day$.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As you will note in Scripture, unity means to be of one mind and in one accord, so that the prayers are all united. Which means that each and every one believes the Gospel in the same way, and also holds to the same biblical principles, while each one is in the Body of Christ. This is only possible within a small group of like-minded believers. Which also means that general unity among all who call themselves Christians will not be possible.

There is no question that Satan has unleashed a tremendous attack on Christians and churches through the bogus COVID pandemic. Unfortunately, the courts have all been compromised, and the judges are no longer interested in upholding the constitution of the supposedly free nations. Which means that tyrannical governments will ride roughshod over the ordinary citizens without any check on their evil deeds. The Church will go underground, and many Christians will suffer.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until men stop insisting on forcing their private interpretations on the church, debate and division will never end. Sure we can focus on exercising the fruits of the Spirit, but there comes a time to strive for the truth:

Jude 1:3
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Galatians 5:14-15
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

But Jesus said:

Luke 12:51-53
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: [52] For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. [53] The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Pat,
It has made me wonder about how Christians act while around other Christians in a Church setting as opposed to on a forum. I think if everyone said what they thought in a traditional church, there would be some fireworks there too :D
In many or most of those "traditional" churches opening your mouth speak as the Holy Spirit gives you the Word will cause you to receive the boot. For them quenching the lead of Holy Spirit is the order of the day although who among them would admit it? How many there... are not deluded?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, what a loaded question.

So much to respond to here.

1. the fact remains that the Church is under attack by dark forces and principalities that are united in their efforts to silence Christians.

Yes, this is absolutely true, only you have to understand what the war is actually being fought over. It is a war for the truth. The WORD is what the Devil is after silencing. If he can use any means whatsoever to silence it, he will. But while there are some Christians who are used by the enemy to simply sow strife needlessly, there are others who are truly set for the defense of the gospel, and without their presence in the fight Christianity is doomed to destruction. Lies and deceptions must be exposed, or "Christianity" will be transformed into something that sends men and women to eternal damnation instead of Heaven.

2. Is there no way for us to come together, hungry and seeking God, so that revival and an outpouring of the Spirit comes with miracles and healing?

Of course, but it will be a drawing together of those called of God to be soldiers. The days of lukewarm, superficial Christianity are coming to a close. We are now entering a time when only those strong enough to withstand tests and trials will survive spiritually.

3. Can we not pray in one accord for the sake of the lost and against evil in high places?

Again, yes. But this will be more few and far between for a while longer. Most are not armed for war, and war is coming. They have little or no spiritual armor on, and when the battle comes they will fall, and not remain in the fight to pray against evil. It is a fight reserved only for the strong now.

4. Do our arguments about doctrine quench the Spirit? Im not saying they always do but its something to think about. Its hard to pray and argue at the same time?

They can, but that is if you allow yourself to get into anger and bitterness. The sword must be used, and put to the neck of the enemy. There is no way around this in the spiritual war. But it must always be done in love towards our fellow man, because ultimately we do not war against flesh and blood but against, as you say, wickedness in high places.

5. I'm not trying to say that doctrine isn't important but I just feel like with everything that is going on, its time we put some of that aside and storm the gates of heaven with our prayers because were in a battle against evil from those who want to silence the Church.

Prayers are VITALLY important, trust me. They empower the saints; they expose the enemy's strategies to Light; they drive back the darkness.

But it is the sword that deals the death blow. Prayers alone will not work, for these support the sword in the field, and bring victory in silencing the lies that destroy.

Hope this helps,
Hidden In Him

Hidden in Him, thank you for giving me such an in depth answer. I don't always have all the answers and Im definitely willing to take criticism on this issue.

I can definitely see that we are in a battle for truth and I can see the media and legislation in America pushing away from that truth.

I also believe that the days of casual Christianity are numbered.

You made some very good points here. Thanks again.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you will note in Scripture, unity means to be of one mind and in one accord, so that the prayers are all united. Which means that each and every one believes the Gospel in the same way, and also holds to the same biblical principles, while each one is in the Body of Christ. This is only possible within a small group of like-minded believers. Which also means that general unity among all who call themselves Christians will not be possible.

There is no question that Satan has unleashed a tremendous attack on Christians and churches through the bogus COVID pandemic. Unfortunately, the courts have all been compromised, and the judges are no longer interested in upholding the constitution of the supposedly free nations. Which means that tyrannical governments will ride roughshod over the ordinary citizens without any check on their evil deeds. The Church will go underground, and many Christians will suffer.

Thank you Enoch. I take this to be a good correction to what Ive posted.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In many or most of those "traditional" churches opening your mouth speak as the Holy Spirit gives you the Word will cause you to receive the boot. For them quenching the lead of Holy Spirit is the order of the day although who among them would admit it? How many there... are not deluded?
I've never experienced any of this.

Reactions: amadeus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Peace cannot be legislated Wynona. Peace is the result of a greater factor than being 'right'