Universalism is a dangerous doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You reject the Christian Bible and are lost.
So if something has become an idol to me, are you saying that I am not to repent of it immediately and get rid of it out of my life?

Should I continue to allow it to influence me and come between my God and I, my Saviour and I, Their Spirit and I?

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
NO! Only God. His Name is Jesus.
I'm still curious. Have you gone to the God talked about in the bible, and met with Him outside the pages of the bible?

Or is the bible the only portal through which you can go to God and is the bible the only portal through which God can come to you?

I thought the door/portal through Whom we go to God, is JESUS.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if something has become an idol to me, are you saying that I am not to repent of it immediately and get rid of it out of my life?

Should I continue to allow it to influence me and come between my God and I, my Saviour and I, Their Spirit and I?
You reject the Christian Bible. You're lost. You should have studied the Bible rather than listen to preachers.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still curious. Have you gone to the God talked about in the bible, and met with Him outside the pages of the bible?

Or is the bible the only portal through which you can go to God and is the bible the only portal through which God can come to you?
See above.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You reject the Christian Bible. You're lost. You should have studied the Bible rather than listen to preachers.
I turned to the 66 books, the one known as the bible and studied it and lived my life by it. It was my source of knowledge that I depended on for just about everything in my daily life.

Whenever I wanted to know something I consulted it. What to do, where to go, who to interact with and even what to wear.

I turned to it before anything else, to determine what I should believe. Asking, what did Jesus believe, what did Paul believe, Peter, John and anyone else in the bible.

Any opportunity I had to read it, study it, teach it, live it I did.

It caused me to cut off just about everyone in my life except those who I believe, lived or were making a concerted effort to live their life exclusivly according to the bible. That is, what it said specifically or by the principles contained in the book.

This practice caused me to become more and more isolated from others and not able to relate to the world around me. I only interacted with like minded, bible believing and bible practising Christians.

My former friends and family who did not measure up to the bible's standard (canon) for living, I shunned.

I tried to memorise as much of the bible as I could but a hard copy of the bible was always close at hand in case I needed to consult it at short notice. A good portion I had committed to memory which helped me in this daily pursuit of holiness.

The bible had become my everything. I had no interest in anything else. I became obsessed with this book and it's contents.

Did I have a personal intimate relationship with the God of the authors of this book? I'd like to think so.

I prayed to God, though it was mostly to confess sin, to apologise for and repent of my dead works or any hint of unholiness (unbiblical thoughts, words and living).

I could not relate to others and I became unrelatable to others. With the strict judgement, according to the bible, I judged myself I also judged others until I became almost totally isolated in my holy cell, well, that's what I thought it was.

After a mental breakdown of sorts, God graciously heard my cry for help. He opened my mind to see what I had done and who I had become.

In an attempt to become a walking living advertisement for the bible, maybe like the Pharisees, I had missed the most important thing, a Person, the Living Word of God Who become flesh.

For many years I continued to maintain a certain, yet lesser, fixation and dependency on the bible by reading other Christian material.

Again I returned to a more strict exclusive adherence to reading, studing and living ONLY the bible.

A few years ago God yet again graciously revealed my habit of going to the writings of the authors of this book, not their God. They were pointing out and shouting, look to Him, go to Him, relate to Him of Whom we speak.

Then the penny dropped. I had made this book my first port of call, my go to, my source. It was revealed to me that I had developed a greater, stronger relationship to the bible than God Himself.

I gained a broader knowledge about God but not a deeper relationship with Him.

But that has all changed, praise be to God, His Son and Their Spirit with Whom I have developed a close intimate open relationship.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I turned to the 66 books, the one known as the bible and studied it and lived my life by it. It was my source of knowledge that I depended on for just about everything in my daily life.

Whenever I wanted to know something I consulted it. What to do, where to go, who to interact with and even what to wear.

I turned to it before anything else, to determine what I should believe. Asking, what did Jesus believe, what did Paul believe, Peter, John and anyone else in the bible.

Any opportunity I had to read it, study it, teach it, live it I did.

It caused me to cut off just about everyone in my life except those who I believe, lived or were making a concerted effort to live their life exclusivly according to the bible. That is, what it said specifically or by the principles contained in the book.

This practice caused me to become more and more isolated from others and not able to relate to the world around me. I only interacted with like minded, bible believing and bible practising Christians.

My former friends and family who did not measure up to the bible's standard (canon) for living, I shunned.

I tried to memorise as much of the bible as I could but a hard copy of the bible was always close at hand in case I needed to consult it at short notice. A good portion I had committed to memory which helped me in this daily pursuit of holiness.

The bible had become my everything. I had no interest in anything else. I became obsessed with this book and it's contents.

Did I have a personal intimate relationship with the God of the authors of this book? I'd like to think so.

I prayed to God, though it was mostly to confess sin, to apologise for and repent of my dead works or any hint of unholiness (unbiblical thoughts, words and living).

I could not relate to others and I became unrelatable to others. With the strict judgement, according to the bible, I judged myself I also judged others until I became almost totally isolated in my holy cell, well, that's what I thought it was.

After a mental breakdown of sorts, God graciously heard my cry for help. He opened my mind to see what I had done and who I had become.

In an attempt to become a walking living advertisement for the bible, maybe like the Pharisees, I had missed the most important thing, a Person, the Living Word of God Who become flesh.

For many years I continued to maintain a certain, yet lesser, fixation and dependency on the bible by reading other Christian material.

Again I returned to a more strict exclusive adherence to reading, studing and living ONLY the bible.

A few years ago God yet again graciously revealed my habit of going to the writings of the authors of this book, not their God. They were pointing out and shouting, look to Him, go to Him, relate to Him of Whom we speak.

Then the penny dropped. I had made this book my first port of call, my go to, my source. It was revealed to me that I had developed a greater, stronger relationship to the bible than God Himself.

I gained a broader knowledge about God but not a deeper relationship with Him.

But that has all changed, praise be to God, His Son and Their Spirit with Whom I have developed a close intimate open relationship.
Is there anything in the Bible that you believe is the written Word of God? Anything?

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is there anything in the Bible that you believe is the written Word of God? Anything?
Just to clarify, when you use the term, written Word of God are you referring to God's thoughts in a written form? As in, God thinks something, He expresses or reveals it to a human who has it written down?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to clarify, when you use the term, written Word of God are you referring to God's thoughts in a written form? As in, God thinks something, He expresses or reveals it to a human who has it written down?
It's a very simple question. Do you believe the Bible is the written Word of God? Anyone who rejects the Bible is NOT a Christian and heading for Hell fire.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you believe the Bible is the written Word of God?
Again, what do you mean by the term, the written Word of God? Unless I know what I'm agreeing to what I say I'm agreeing to probably isn't valid.

Maybe in your circles people have a certain understanding of this term. Others probably have a very different interpretation.

Can you please give your interpretation and understanding of this term, the Written Word of God.

Is the bible you are referring to, the shorter one, with 66 books? I don't want to assume.

Thanks

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 1:7
7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Everybody will learn to fear God, now or in Hell but they will learn.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, what do you mean by the term, the written Word of God? Unless I know what I'm agreeing to what I say I'm agreeing to probably isn't valid.

Maybe in your circles people have a certain understanding of this term. Others probably have a very different interpretation.

Can you please give your interpretation and understanding of this term, the Written Word of God.

Is the bible you are referring to, the shorter one, with 66 books? I don't want to assume.

Thanks
You can't even understand a perfectly simple question??

"Do you believe the Bible is the written Word of God?"

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can't even understand a perfectly simple question??

Let's just assume there could be one or more people who read your post who haven't hear of God. And they have no idea of what the term, Word of God. Then they read the term, written Word of God.

How would you explain these 3 to them?

What is God?

What is Word of God

What is written Word of God?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's just assume there could be one or more people who read your post who haven't hear of God. And they have no idea of what the term, Word of God. Then they read the term, written Word of God.

What is God?

What is Word of God

You smokescreen just like JW's! Let's try again.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree that it has been and can be used for good and for evil so has the potential to be dangerous.
Thank you for the question, and the response. Would also agree with that statement.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You smokescreen just like JW's! Let's try again.

I will move on. I'm not that invested in this to be honest. But you might or might not owe it to the followers to respond to my clarifying questions.

What is God?

What is Word of God