Universalism: Where Do People Get The Idea

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

Romans 14:11 KJV
[11] For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

What happens when we confess too God? He says every knee.... and I believe Him
Tecarta Bible
Where does that say that every knee belongs to a saved person? When all is said and done... And justice and mercy is fully revealed to the entire race as being entirely fair and God's character and His methods are completely vindicated, with even the wicked through simple acceptance of truth that they fully deserve their final sentence, are forced to confess that Christ is indeed Lord, will be to late to save them. Even Satan himself will bow his knees in surrender before Kings who shall ask... Is this the one who deceived the nation's?

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Allow me if I may to try and offer some balance, based not on opinion, but on scripture.God loves everyone... The whole world... That He gave His Son for the salvation of man. In fact, God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. God wants everyone to be saved, and has done everything He could to make that possible, and is continuing to plead with mankind through the gospel... Which reveals the true character of God...

do agree with you here. If it then is God’s will none perish so glad you said “This was Jesus' message. This was the gospel He preached, and it should be the gospel the church is preaching also”. But the question would be why then others come against it and push it aside even mocking others message as idiotic or weak or uninformed rather than coming alongside God’s not willing any perish? “Which reveals the true character of God.” And as you said should also reveal the character of the church (body). For me...you speak of the glory to be revealed by the body Of Christ in as He is so shall They be also...fruit yields “Life”. His character Not willing any perish which again is often ridiculed as too caring, too hopeful, too weak and uninformed in forgetful some don’t make it.

To forsake sin and accept His mercy and grace as a gift.
This was Jesus' message. This was the gospel He preached, and it should be the gospel the church is preaching also.
Yes.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is "loving they neighbour" in action.
Many old saying have been twisted to make them negative..for some reason.

I've always seen this as, if a righteous man does kindly in return for evil from an un righteous man-this would be hot coals over the un- righteous mans head to shame him for his evil deed toward a righteous man. To shame him?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does that say that every knee belongs to a saved person? When all is said and done... And justice and mercy is fully revealed to the entire race as being entirely fair and God's character and His methods are completely vindicated, with even the wicked through simple acceptance of truth that they fully deserve their final sentence, are forced to confess that Christ is indeed Lord, will be to late to save them. Even Satan himself will bow his knees in surrender before Kings who shall ask... Is this the one who deceived the nation's?

neglecting what it says. Every knee. Every tongue. Same as taking God’s not willing any perish and twisting it to mean God is not willing ONLY the elect do not perish. All were subjected to vanity (emptiness) by reason of Him who subjected the same in hope. Romans 8:18-20For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. [19] For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. [20] For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Paul knew that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in the children of God. That glory is His children heard and walked as He walked “my flesh I willingly give for the Life of the world” ... “No man takes My Life...”
God said He will give His children whatever They ask of Him ...one could say if it is in God’s will? God is not willing any perish. He Commands give mercy, give blessing, restore even if they persecute My children as MY Son, keep My Word and bless and curse not. God goes even further and says “what do you do any more than others” if you only love those who love you. What reward do you have?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with this attitude is that under this view no one can view all as bearing the image of God, you can only insulate yourself from those ready to hear the truth, because you esteem yourself better than others “more deserving” as for the statement when all is said and done.... “ it is finished”

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always seen this as, if a righteous man does kindly in return for evil from an un righteous man-this would be hot coals over the un- righteous mans head to shame him for his evil deed toward a righteous man. To shame him?

Adam
Adam’s name means “man”. As the first man, that seems straight forward enough.

Seth
Adam’s son was named Seth, which means “appointed”. Eve said, “For God hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.”[4]

Enosh
Seth’s son was called Enosh, which means “mortal, frail, or miserable”. It is from the root anash, “to be incurable”, used of a wound, grief, woe, sickness, or wickedness.

It was in the days of Enosh that men began to defile the name of the Living God.[5]

Kenan
Enosh’s son was named Kenan, which can mean “sorrow, dirge, or elegy”. (The precise denotation is somewhat elusive; some study aids unfortunately presume that Kenan is synonymous with Cainan.)

Balaam, looking down from the heights of Moab, uses a pun upon the name of the Kenites when he prophesies their destruction.[6]

We have no real idea as to why these names were chosen for their children. Often they may have referred to circumstances at birth, and so on.

Mahalalel
Kenan’s son was Mahalalel, from mahalalwhich means blessed or praise; and El, the name for God. Thus, Mahalalel means the “Blessed God”. Often Hebrew names include El, the name of God, as Dan-i-el, “God is my Judge”, etc.

Jared
Mahalalel’s son was named Jared, from the verb yaradh, meaning “shall come down”.[7]

Enoch
Jared’s son was named Enoch, which means “teaching, or commencement”. He was the first of four generations of preachers. In fact, the earliest recorded prophecy was by Enoch, which amazingly enough deals with the Second Coming of Christ (although it is quoted in the Book of Jude in the New Testament):

Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, “Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against.”

Jude 14–15

Methuselah
Enoch was the father of Methuselah, who we have already mentioned. Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah.[8] Apparently, Enoch received the prophecy of the Great Flood, and was told that as long as his son was alive, the judgment of the flood would be withheld. The year that Methuselah died, the flood came.

Enoch, of course, never died: he was translated[9] (or, if you’ll excuse the expression, raptured). That’s how Methuselah can be the oldest man in the Bible, yet he died before his father!

Lamech
Methuselah’s son was named Lamech, a root still evident today in our own English word, “lament or lamentation”. Lamech suggests despairing.

(This name is also linked to the Lamech in Cain’s line who inadvertently killed his son Tubal-Cain in a hunting incident.[10])

Noah
Lamech, of course, is the father of Noah, which is derived from nacham, “to bring relief or comfort”, as Lamech himself explains in Genesis 5:29.

The Composite List
Now let’s put it all together:

Hebrew English
Adam Man
Seth Appointed
Enosh Mortal
Kenan Sorrow;
Mahalalel The Blessed God
Jared Shall come down
Enoch Teaching
Methuselah His death shall bring
Lamech The Despairing
Noah Rest, or comfort.
That’s rather remarkable:

Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow; (but) the Blessed God shall come down teaching (that) His death shall bring (the) despairing rest.

Here’s the Gospel hidden within a genealogy in Genesis!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam
Adam’s name means “man”. As the first man, that seems straight forward enough.

Seth
Adam’s son was named Seth, which means “appointed”. Eve said, “For God hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.”[4]

Enosh
Seth’s son was called Enosh, which means “mortal, frail, or miserable”. It is from the root anash, “to be incurable”, used of a wound, grief, woe, sickness, or wickedness.

It was in the days of Enosh that men began to defile the name of the Living God.[5]

Kenan
Enosh’s son was named Kenan, which can mean “sorrow, dirge, or elegy”. (The precise denotation is somewhat elusive; some study aids unfortunately presume that Kenan is synonymous with Cainan.)

Balaam, looking down from the heights of Moab, uses a pun upon the name of the Kenites when he prophesies their destruction.[6]

We have no real idea as to why these names were chosen for their children. Often they may have referred to circumstances at birth, and so on.

Mahalalel
Kenan’s son was Mahalalel, from mahalalwhich means blessed or praise; and El, the name for God. Thus, Mahalalel means the “Blessed God”. Often Hebrew names include El, the name of God, as Dan-i-el, “God is my Judge”, etc.

Jared
Mahalalel’s son was named Jared, from the verb yaradh, meaning “shall come down”.[7]

Enoch
Jared’s son was named Enoch, which means “teaching, or commencement”. He was the first of four generations of preachers. In fact, the earliest recorded prophecy was by Enoch, which amazingly enough deals with the Second Coming of Christ (although it is quoted in the Book of Jude in the New Testament):

Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, “Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against.”

Jude 14–15

Methuselah
Enoch was the father of Methuselah, who we have already mentioned. Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah.[8] Apparently, Enoch received the prophecy of the Great Flood, and was told that as long as his son was alive, the judgment of the flood would be withheld. The year that Methuselah died, the flood came.

Enoch, of course, never died: he was translated[9] (or, if you’ll excuse the expression, raptured). That’s how Methuselah can be the oldest man in the Bible, yet he died before his father!

Lamech
Methuselah’s son was named Lamech, a root still evident today in our own English word, “lament or lamentation”. Lamech suggests despairing.

(This name is also linked to the Lamech in Cain’s line who inadvertently killed his son Tubal-Cain in a hunting incident.[10])

Noah
Lamech, of course, is the father of Noah, which is derived from nacham, “to bring relief or comfort”, as Lamech himself explains in Genesis 5:29.

The Composite List
Now let’s put it all together:

Hebrew English
Adam Man
Seth Appointed
Enosh Mortal
Kenan Sorrow;
Mahalalel The Blessed God
Jared Shall come down
Enoch Teaching
Methuselah His death shall bring
Lamech The Despairing
Noah Rest, or comfort.
That’s rather remarkable:

Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow; (but) the Blessed God shall come down teaching (that) His death shall bring (the) despairing rest.

Here’s the Gospel hidden within a genealogy in Genesis!

Ha! Awesome, I have been sending out this Chuck Missler video for several years, (God rest his soul) some are WOW and others, well they are just "eh. I think those are ones who did not understand it. Pretty awesome that God had the Gospel of Christ threaded throughout the Genesis Geneology...Oh the hidden pearls within that wonderful bible!

P.S.
If we put the Hebrew name for God it could be "The God"...then onto..."The God man was appointed mortal sorrow...etc.

Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And scripture is clear what that debt consists of... It is life itself... The wages... The debt... Of sin is death.

which context. A man had been released from his debt...all of it. Then went to another and held a debt over him refusing to release another from his debt. Finagling for another deserving a prison sentence until it all be paid, when you’d received mercy. Interesting warning to the Pharisees (if I remember correctly) was ...so it will be with you if you don’t forgive those indebted to you. so basically the elite say their debt has been paid ...the world’s debt has not been paid? In fact the elite say until the world pays what is owed there Will be no forgiveness. Something backwards or upside down there...

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ummm, which specifically do you refer to as the "first part" if I may venture to inquire?
Hi brakelite, this part

So many perspectives , all based on personal opinions as to the character of God.
God is all loving and kind... All shall be saved.
God is loving but only for the saved... So many shall be lost.
God is austere and judgemental... so most will be lost.

Allow me if I may to try and offer some balance, based not on opinion, but on scripture

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'd like to see some scriptures here from the people who say repeatedly that God's Love will never overtake His Justice.
From the NT please.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus loves His enemies, do you slaughter those you love,
He made a grand display of this about 2k years ago. Casting down all vain imagination.
so your saying everyone will go to heaven ?
2 Thessalonians 1:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
Daniel 12:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
12 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Reactions: brakelite

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to see some scriptures here from the people who say repeatedly that God's Love will never overtake His Justice.
From the NT please.
explain what you mean? are you saying
Universalism is real ? not understanding what you mean..

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus loves His enemies, do you slaughter those you love,
He made a grand display of this about 2k years ago. Casting down all vain imagination.
Looks like you have never heard of the battle of Armageddon or seen any of the Psalms which speak of this matter. So this is not *vain imagination* as you vainly assumed, but Bible truth.

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. (Jude 1:14,15)