Us Goverment Files Lawsuit Against Arizona

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
Well a state that is charged with protecting it's citizens is being brought to court, for what the Federal Government has so far refused to do. Washington, DC is not having it's people being kidnapped and murdered, but Arizona does have that problem, having an unprotected border. The citizens have to live behind locked doors and forced to stay in during the night hours. This court case will decide how much or how far a state can go to protect their citizens. If the Feds will not do their job who should. Would anyone wait for protection if our state was on the border, and no protection forthcoming. I have nothing against imigrants who come to this country through the legals methods available, but at the Border there is a drug war going on, there can be no denying that. Drug lords on hills and mountains watching border guards, giving warning to those who are bringing drugs in the neighborhoods along the borders, along with guns and weapons. A group outside an election site threatening voters, the Government sees no need to bring them to trial. I usually don't like to write about these issues, here at CB, but this problem needs our prayers badly. The Word of God tells us to pray for those in authority. In this case we need to lift up both the Federal Government and Arizona's Goverment and citizens. The state had no other coarse available, as I see it. I'm concerned about the gap, division being created in this country, as it can only weaken us in the eyes of the world. Love you all in Jesus Name.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The people of our individual states must look to their own states for support - and support their states in return.

Our national government has demonstrated a continual and growing disdain for its mandate under the Constitution to "provide for the common defense". Instead of defending us it has chosen to waste our resources and the lives of our courageous young men and women in constant endless meaningless foreign wars. Instead of providing for our health and welfare it chooses instead to enlarge the pockets of domestic bankers and foreign (BP) corporations upon our shores and in our waters.

I support the legal action of the state of Arizona to protect the rights and property of its citizens. I support my own state of Florida in enacting similar legislation and I support the same actions of our sister state Georgia for acting responsibly on behalf of its citizens.

Our national government is no longer interested in doing the right thing for America. God help us all.

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
The people of our individual states must look to their own states for support - and support their states in return.

Our national government has demonstrated a continual and growing disdain for its mandate under the Constitution to "provide for the common defense". Instead of defending us it has chosen to waste our resources and the lives of our courageous young men and women in constant endless meaningless foreign wars. Instead of providing for our health and welfare it chooses instead to enlarge the pockets of domestic bankers and foreign (BP) corporations upon our shores and in our waters.

I support the legal action of the state of Arizona to protect the rights and property of its citizens. I support my own state of Florida in enacting similar legislation and I support the same actions of our sister state Georgia for acting responsibly on behalf of its citizens.

Our national government is no longer interested in doing the right thing for America. God help us all.

Isn't it interesting that our astronauts now must hitch a ride with Russia to get to the international space station now. While the head of Nasa has a mandate to make Islam feel good about their contributions to science. The U.S. has back tracked on the construction of anti- missle bases in Europe, renigged on our alies there. We let US enemies know when where and how we will attack and retreat, give-up our defense and offense. Our troops must now give miranda rights to enemy captured combatants. Parties can stand outside voting establishments here in America with batons swinging at voters and poll volunteers who are threatened and no charges are brought, the ones that are , are dropped. Punishment is cannot be at the same polls until 2012, hmmmmm! Smells fishy to me. Your right there is a problem with priorities.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Parties can stand outside voting establishments here in America with batons swinging at voters and poll volunteers who are threatened and no charges are brought, the ones that are , are dropped. Punishment is cannot be at the same polls until 2012, hmmmmm! Smells fishy to me. Your right there is a problem with priorities.

I hadn't heard of this sort of thing, but am not surprised by your report.

My wife and I recently spoke to a soon-to-be in-law who was disturbed by the appearance of people from the Census Bureau on her doorstep.
These people began their demand for census information by stating that according to Federal law she was required to answer their questions and that she may be subject to punishment if non-compliant.

Now I realize that the national census is supposed to be a relatively innocent effort to gather information (didn't God forbid David to do that?).
However, I find this gestapo approach to be unsettling.

I was under the impression that the Constitution of the United States was the highest law in the land and that the fifth amendment of that document gave us the right to refuse to talk to anybody.

It is one thing to hear someone holler about the violation of our constitutional rights by a stranger on the TV and quite another to have them usurped on one's own doorstep in one's own neighborhood.

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
I hadn't heard of this sort of thing, but am not surprised by your report.

My wife and I recently spoke to a soon-to-be in-law who was disturbed by the appearance of people from the Census Bureau on her doorstep.
These people began their demand for census information by stating that according to Federal law she was required to answer their questions and that she may be subject to punishment if non-compliant.

Now I realize that the national census is supposed to be a relatively innocent effort to gather information (didn't God forbid David to do that?).
However, I find this gestapo approach to be unsettling.

I was under the impression that the Constitution of the United States was the highest law in the land and that the fifth amendment of that document gave us the right to refuse to talk to anybody.

It is one thing to hear someone holler about the violation of our constitutional rights by a stranger on the TV and quite another to have them usurped on one's own doorstep in one's own neighborhood.

Since I mailed in my Census Form, I've had 3 census workers buzz my apartment, I just told them I completed the form and mailed it in quite awhile ago. Had one today. It is the first time Government can force citizens to buy health insurance or pay a fine, this is run by the IRS. Health Care Bill.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
The Obama Justice Dept. is doing this simply to pander to the Hispanics for their 2010 and 2012 votes.

The AZ law is actually less invasive that the current federal law on the books (the one that the feds aren't enforcing).

I find it especially intersting that this same DOJ is the one that refuses to file lawsuits against "Sanctuary Cities" that have stated flat out they will not assist in enforcing federal law and that illegals who commit crimes in their cities will not be reported to ICE.

This decision has already cost Americans their lives. A good example is the illegal who committed a crime in San Francisco, wasn't reported for deportation, then ended up shooting and killing an American citizen and his son during a case of road rage. (I don't have the specific names but it is easily Googled).

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Firstly, That Arizona law is unconstitutional....

As in part of that law states that even the children of illegal immigrants must be sent back. Oddly, the US Constitution states very clearly that anyone born in the US is a Legal and Natural Citizen of the US.

The Law needs some tweeking. We can't have one state allowed to make unconstitutional laws regardless of the situation. If this were allowed, then any state could do it, and the Constitution would be null and void,,,,,,, then what do we suppose would happen?

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Firstly, That Arizona law is unconstitutional....

As in part of that law states that even the children of illegal immigrants must be sent back. Oddly, the US Constitution states very clearly that anyone born in the US is a Legal and Natural Citizen of the US.

The Law needs some tweeking. We can't have one state allowed to make unconstitutional laws regardless of the situation. If this were allowed, then any state could do it, and the Constitution would be null and void,,,,,,, then what do we suppose would happen?

"the US Constitution states very clearly that anyone born in the US is a Legal and Natural Citizen of the US." This one will be a subject of debate soon because it was the misreading of another law. It will be overturned someday if we are here long enough. The Arizona law is fine, just wait they will win in court when it is all said and done..

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"As in part of that law states that even the children of illegal immigrants must be sent back."

-- Paul, the AZ law is available to view online and is not very long. You should seperate yourself from Holder and Napolitano and actually read it.

NOWHERE in that law does it state that "even the children of illegal immigrans must be sent back."
Doesn't require it.
Doesn't suggest it.
Doesn't even imply it.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The people of Arizona, as well as a good many citizens of other states, are increasingly tired of being played for fools by a Federal government which panders to lawless persons and denies the protection of its own citizens.

Federal law and judical decrees can be effectively nullified by simple refusal to comply.
Remember the Federal law which required all persons to carry a National ID?
Two dozen states refused to cooperate with it and the whole thing was dropped.

Federal laws and decrees are not the words of God and do not necessarily require states to comply.
The US Constitution is an obsolete document which was once drafted to set limits on Federal power.
We have been witness to the shredding of those regulations in our generation.

Federal political expediency cannot be the arbiter of the rights of American citizens.
If necessary, we must rely upon our state governments to secure those rights for us.

Where Federal law trespasses upon the rights of states to protect their own citizens it should forever be ignored and nullified.

Arizona is in the right, Washington is wrong....as wrong as right and wrong can be.