Use Not this verse : 1 John 1:9...if you are born again.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus didn't die for your sin 2000 yrs ago, then you need to do more than just confess your latest.

Now, i have a question for you.
Do you believe that you are keeping from losing your salvation, if you dont confess your sin?
Not in the least. I am saved and will stay saved forever.

It is not aboutr how perfect I can pretend to be in my daily walk, but the fact that Jesus died and rose for me and paid for all my sin.

I wish I fcould pretend to be perfect like you pretend to be, but that is a lie for both of us.

Our salvation has nothing to do with us other than receive it!

Once we placed our trust on the death, and resurrection of Jesus for all our sin, God has taken over.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I am just like all other believers other than you and Michal, we are growing and learning and striving to allow Him to take more of us and live less of me.

Y0ou can keep pretending the moment you were saved you were given perfect knowledge and perfect faith in your daily life and knew all spiritual truths so you would never commit the slightest infraction ever again. It must be really hard learning how to live in all that denial.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald Nolette

And how many times do you suppose you can abuse this verse (1 John 2:1) to support your sin habit before it becomes a joke and mocking to God? :IDK:

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Not in the least. I am saved and will stay saved forever.
It is not aboutr how perfect I can pretend to be in my daily walk,

The reason that God lets us go to heaven, is because Jesus has already dealt with our sin., 2000 yrs ago.
Its gone.

Behavior has nothing to do with why God accepts us into His Eternal family and keeps us forever.

See.....We all came to God as "all have sinned".....and seconds later all who believed and gave God their faith in Christ were given by God "The GIFT of Righteousness". and 'Eternal life".

This means that God has caused the BELIEVER to become..."The righteousness of God in Christ".

God can't accept anyone unless we are become His very righteousness.
Being Born again, proves you have become "the righteousness OF GOD.......>IN CHRIST".

And that changes everything that you were before, into something brand new and eternal. = "a new Creation...IN Christ".
Whereas before you were a sinner, under the Law, you are now "Christ's righteousness", "Under Grace"
Where before you were John 3:36....>Hell bound, .......you now exist as "ONE with God"...... "In Christ'..... "seated in Heavenly Places.""
Whereas before you were "of your Father the DEVIL"...... now you are OF Christ's Father, In Heaven.

So, later, maybe tomorrow..... if you fail to meet some self expectation in yourself, just realize that this has no bearing on being "made righteous" and "freed from Sin".

I told you Ronald, you have on the wrong lenses. You are looking at yourself though the Lens of the Law and that lens empowers self righteousness.
God does not see the born again "under the Law"....., so..... you have to change your inner Lens and get new eyes and see yourself as God sees you, only, and always.

= "made Righteous".

Last edited:

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you’re born again, then you’re no longer walking after the flesh. Galatians 5:19-21 tells us what the fruit of walking after the flesh looks like.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you Ronald, you have on the wrong lenses. You are looking at yourself though the Lens of the Law and that lens empowers self righteousness.
God does not see the born again "under the Law"....., so..... you have to change your inner Lens and get new eyes and see yourself as God sees you, only, and always.
And pretending yo know what I look through only makes you juvenile.

I will keep my own counsel for I know I look through teh lens of Jesus! He is my righteousness and my salvation.
So, later, maybe tomorrow..... if you fail to meet some self expectation in yourself, just realize that this has no bearing on being "made righteous" and "freed from Sin".
Knew this 49 years ago! but thanks for he reminder!
This means that God has caused the BELIEVER to become..."The righteousness of God in Christ".

God can't accept anyone unless we are become His very righteousness.
Being Born again, proves you have become "the righteousness OF GOD.......>IN CHRIST".

And that changes everything that you were before, into something brand new and eternal. = "a new Creation...IN Christ".
Whereas before you were a sinner, under the Law, you are now "Christ's righteousness", "Under Grace"
Where before you were John 3:36....>Hell bound, .......you now exist as "ONE with God"...... "In Christ'..... "seated in Heavenly Places.""
Whereas before you were "of your Father the DEVIL"...... now you are OF Christ's Father, In Heaven.
Yep and I have been that since Oct. 13, 1973 thank you very much!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And pretending yo know what I look through only makes you juvenile.

I only know you by your posts.
So, what you write, is who you are, to me.
Initially you wrote that you sin and confess, and you feel that this is what all Christians do.
This is based on a verse in 1 John that isn't directed to the body of Christ tho you can't realize it.
So, many posts back i showed you that 1 John 3:9 is the opposite of your verse, and that its doctrine for the body of Christ... and you apparently didn't read it, or just dont care. ?

OK ..
Here is another "helps" for you., tho, its probably actually only going to help other readers who are interested in knowing more and digging deeper into their redemption.
-
>Christianity is not a self effort to attain purity....its an eternal place of BORN AGAIN spiritual union with God that produces it....through you.<

One of the really important things that can be utterly empowering to your faith and walk of faith is to realize that when you came to Jesus, believing....God took your faith and gave you this.

The Divine Exchange.

And this exchange is so very amazing, and so very eternal.
Reader, always remember that all God has done for you through the Cross of Christ, that is the Blood Atonement and New Covenant, is eternal.
When you gave God your faith in Christ, God took you into Himself, as "born again" Spiritually, and Jesus gave you Eternal Life.
You became THAT "new creation" and that is not of yourself.. You didnt earn it, and you can't control that or keep it.
God is faithful to complete your Salvation, exactly as God gave Jesus as your Salvation.
That is the Divine Exchange, whereby God took your sin and Jesus "became sin" and died for them all, and God then took "Christ's Righteousness", and God gifted it to you for eternity as : "the Gift of Salvation". and "the GIFT of Righteousness".

Sometimes a believer is taught a lot of untruth after they are saved, and one of the worst is this one.

"Jesus only forgave your sin up until the day you are saved, and now you have to deal with them until you die".

So, that "doctrine of devils" Hebrews 13:8 = lie is layers deep.
First of all Jesus is the ETERNAL sacrifice for all your sin....not just some of it. He died for it all... as "the one time Eternal sacrifice for sin".
Another layer of that Lie, is that you are told that you still have your sin....
You dont.... as "God hath made Jesus to be sin for us".
If you read 2 Corinthians 5:19 and Romans 4:8 you'll read that Paul teaches that God does not charge sin to you ever again, if you are born again.
Why is that?
2 Reasons.

A.) Only the LAW can define your deeds as sin, and the born again are "not under the Law, but under GRACE"
B.) Its because Jesus has them all., and He died for them all.

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Satan is a liar and the father of liars and those that say they have no sin are liars!!
1 John 1:8, “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.”
The body of a believer or unbeliever is dead because of sin, their sin. But the spirit is life or alive because of righteousness.
Read romans 8 about that.

It is the spirit that is born of God that does not and cannot sin, and also that spirit is JOINED to the LORD as one spirit with Him.
Both Paul and John clearly wrote that in the scriptures.

So yes the born of God spirit of a person is sinless and cannot sin and does not sin as it is born of God.
But we are also presently in the flesh and the body does sin.

We are currently body flesh and do sin in our flesh, but we are also a new creation spirit in Christ that has no sin.

A spirit soul body, together in one person. We will all be completely changed at the resurrection and will completely utterly lose our current body in which we live dead because of sin, and get a completely new, different and sinless body to go along with the new sinless spirit we have now.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But we are also presently in the flesh and the body does sin.

Reader,

Your mind is not your body.

So, when you say that the "Body sins"....... that is in fact, not the case.
See, if i put you in a chemically induced coma, does your body sin?
But if i leave you mind fully operational, does your body sin?

Jesus said your mind and heart sins when you look upon a woman for lustful reasons.
The battlefield is always in the mind...
Your body didnt see the woman, Scott.
Through Your Eyes, and into your mind and your imagination is where most SIN LIVES., as its where the temptation occurs.
This is not your body. See, you direct your body to commit a carnal deed that your mind is lusting to commit...in your heart.

The body is dead because of SIN, not because of a sinning body.

So the issue that many have is that they have yet to understand... ... = God does not see your dead body as the real you, and He does not see your mind as the real you, once you are born again. And that is why Paul tells you to renew your mind because its a wrong fit and a wrong match within your Christianity, until you renew it.
Most never do....unfortunately.

Listen,
After you are born again, God sees the "new creation" "in Christ" as the only you, because it is the only you He has born again.
And until a believer gets that same mind that God has concerning how God sees the "born again", then they see themselves according to their wrong mind, as you just posted.

Christianity is forgiveness of sin, eternal life, and the new creation in Christ who is "one with God"., as born again.
The reason we get a new body, is because the Born Again Spirit can't use the dead one that is currently going to the grave.

1 John 1:9 says that if we say we have no sin, we are in darkness, deception, ect.

1 John 3:9 , same apostle, says, we can't sin.

That's not a mistranslation.
That is the apostle talking to unbelievers in one verse and to the born again in the 2nd verse.

And its this type of inability to discern the bible, the NT, that traps most Christians into 1 John 1, ..while the few who understand that being born again is to be "made righteous" or SIN FREE....."made free from Sin"...Romans 6:18.... read 1 John 3:9 and get really happy.

Now, a lack of spiritual discernment, combined with the very nature of self righteousness, keeps 95% of real believers stuck in this verse.

= Hebrews 6:1.....

Paul is teaching, and he's telling us to GET OUT OF THE Theological and Spiritual BABY DIAPERS.

Look at them..
This is the baby christian theology He's talking about, or its the Religious but lost.. As in both cases they speak the same ga ga ga ga gal.. baby speak.

"""""Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,""""""

Did you read it reader?
The verse just explained "baby christian mind/theology"......>It says the baby will not go on to perfection.....PERFECTION......they will instead keep laying the foundation of repentance from dead works.

Dead works are "thats a sin"......its confessing sin....repenting repenting, and repeat......and the verse just told you to get off that baby food, and grow up.

Then the verse says...... "and of faith toward God". And what is that? That is.... never really understanding Faith, and being stuck in self righteousness that will always deny being "made righteous" and Kept Righteous by Jesus's Blood and Death.

See those 2?

Those are the "first principles".....the baby steps, the first few months of your Christianity....diaper stage......Crib baby... and all the born again are supposed to quicktly understand some thing about repenting, sin, and faith., and leave all that and GROW.

= Most do not.
So reader, dont be one of those.
Find a good teacher, and pay attention, and let them take you on to Perfection.

- God bless.

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reader,

Your mind is not your body.

So, when you say that the "Body sins"....... that is in fact, not the case.
See, if i put you in a chemically induced coma, does your body sin?
But if i leave you mind fully operational, does your body sin?

Jesus said your mind sins when you look upon a woman for lustful reasons.
Your body didnt see the woman, Scott.
Your Eyes, and your mind and your imagination is where the SIN LIVES., as its where the temptation occurs.
This is not your body. See, you direct your body to commit a carnal deed that your mind is lusting to commit...

The body is dead because of SIN, not because of a sinning body.

So the issue that many have is that that have yet to understand... that.... God does not see your dead body as the real you, and He does not see your mind as the real you, once you are born again. And that is why Paul tells you to renew your mind because its a wrong fit and a wrong match within your Christianity, until you renew it.
Most never do....unfortunately.

Listen,
After you are born again, God sees the "new creation" "in Christ" as the only you, because it is the only you He has born again.
And until a believer gets that same mind that God has concerning how God sees the "born again", then they see themselves according to their wrong mind, as you just posted.

Christianity is forgiveness of sin, eternal life, and the new creation in Christ who is "one with God"., as born again.
The reason we get a new body, is because the Born Again Spirit can't use the dead one that is currently going to the grave.

1 John 1:9 says that if we say we have no sin, we are in darkness, deception, ect.

1 John 3:9 , same apostle, says, we can't sin.

That's not a mistranslation.
That is the apostle talking to unbelievers in one verse and to the born again in the 2nd verse.

And its this type of inability to discern the bible, the NT, that traps most Christians into 1 John 1, ..while the few who understand that being born again is to be "made righteous" or SIN FREE....."made free from Sin"...Romans 6:18.... read 1 John 3:9 and get really happy.

Now, a lack of spiritual discernment, combined with the very nature of self righteousness, keeps 95% of real believers stuck in this verse.

Hebrews 6:1.....

Paul is teaching, and he's telling us to GET OUT OF THE Theological and Spiritual BABY DIAPERS.

Look at them..
This is the baby christian theology He's talking about, or its the Religious but lost.. As in both cases they speak the same ga ga ga ga gal.. baby speak.

"""""Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,""""""

Did you read it reader?
The verse just explained "baby christian mind/theology"......>It says the baby will not go on to perfection.....PERFECTION......they will instead keep laying the foundation of repentance from dead works.

Dead works are "thats a sin"......its confessing sin....repenting repenting, and repeat......and the verse just told you to get off that baby food, and grow up.

Then the verse says...... "and of faith toward God". And what is that? That is.... never really understanding Faith, and being stuck in self righteousness that will always deny being "made righteous" and Kept Righteous by Jesus's Blood and Death.

See those 2?

Those are the "first principles".....the baby steps, the first few months of your Christianity....diaper stage......Crib baby... and all the born again are supposed to quicktly understand some thing about repenting, sin, and faith., and leave all that and GROW.

= Most do not.
So reader, dont be one of those.
Find a good teacher, and pay attention, and let them take you on to Perfection.
The mind though is strongly tied to the flesh, so it is a part of the flesh, (body). The mind is more closely related to the natural things of the world and sinfulness, versus the spirit which is tightly attached to God and holiness.

Paul partly exposes that here. We have to force our mind to dwell on the things of the Spirit as it naturally wants to dwell on the things of the flesh (body). Flesh and Blood (the body we currently live in) won't inherit the kingdom because they are sinful, marred, and flawed, being imperfect.

The spirit born of God though is perfect and complete in Him, that is the real you.
Hebrews 12
22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the [a]general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

There is a difference between your spirit and you mind (the understanding)
Romans 8:5
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

I Corinthians 14
13 Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding. 16 Otherwise, if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the uninformed say “Amen” at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say? 17 For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul partly exposes that here. We have to force our mind to dwell on the things of the Spirit

Well, what you sad is true, but because its such a obtuse statement, its ineffective, tho truth.

"keep our mind on things of the Spirit". you said.

What are things of the Spirit?
You didnt say...

"tongues'?
"gifts"?
"faith"?
"thinking about Angels".
"watching the Pope worship Mary"
"water baptism"?
"dying in a state of Grace"

You didnt say ....

So, i'll take you phrase and go with it..... for the benefit of the reader.

What is the problem with it, really?, As there is one with what you said...

Its that you said.>"force your mind" "to Dwell".

Well, Reader.... if your mind has to be forced to Dwell on God, Christ, Bible, Holiness, Love, Truth, Heaven..... selflessness, giving to the poor, turning off the CABLE in favor of picking up the word of God ....... then that is because your mind is wrong.
Its Carnal, and that is why it has to be forced, and it still wont do it....So, that struggle is over before you started.

Reader, you dont need to force your mind, you need to "renew it"., as Paul Teaches.

This means to understand How God sees you, as how your renewed mind sees you.
Doesn't that sound so easy?
But its a discipline., because that mind and the "self" in us, do not get along.
The self in us, the "old man of sin who is crucified"...... he left some baggage on his way to the Cross of Christ., and He would say.. that you are only as righteous as your behavior.
He would tell you that Jesus does not keep you saved but YOU keep you saved by confessing sin.
He would say that if you do right then you are right. He would say that if you work to be good, then you are doing good work.
He would say that if you keep the commandments and obsess on the Law, then you are performing Christianity.

See all that? That is the mind of the FLESH......the carnal mind.
The Devil has the same mind.

Now.....Here is God's Mind....as the """ renewed mind."""

Jesus saved you, and keeps you saved., as what saved you, is all that CAN keep you saved.
You are as righteous as I AM, because i have given you the "gift of Righteousness" and this is your Eternal Life "in Christ".
You can do all things Through Christ.
You dont confess sin that Jesus died for 2000 yrs ago., but you can talk to me when you commit a work of the flesh, and im right here, always at peace with you because you are my born again Child., and im DADDY. "Abba"..... come on in boldly to the Throne of Grace". You are welcome here.....
The walk of faith is not you doing it, its ME doing it through you as this.. : "I can do all things through Christ".

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Everything that sins or sinned is going into the fire. It is tainted with evil, evil permeates the sinful things and the things that sin touches are corrupted. God won't tolerate sin, sinners, sinfulness in the new creation or anything corrupt, He says they are passing away, they will be burned, the entire original creation God made will burn. Except for Himself, the elect angels of God, and the new spirit creations in Christ, they are the only things that will survive and endure forever. All the animals, the trees, rocks, sun, moon, earth, plants, green grass, which are alive or exist today will be thrown into the fire and be burned, along with all the unsaved people, and evil spirits. They are goners.

Matthew 6:30
Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Rev 21
Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, [a]John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said [b]to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

Our bodies also are not going to survive, our flesh and blood will be thrown into the fire. Only the new creation spirit, which God created in righteousness and holiness will be saved in the Day of the Lord Jesus to come.

The New Man​

17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as [f]the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

The Day of the Lord​

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be [b]burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,

Immorality Defiles the Church​

1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even [a]named among the Gentiles—that a man has his father’s wife! 2 And you are [b]puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord [c]Jesus.

The Two shall Become One​

16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.” 17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.

Our Final Victory​

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the earth, made[i] of dust; the second Man is [j]the Lord from heaven. 48 As was the [k]man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we[l] shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a [m]mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

55 “O[n] Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Everything that sins or sinned is going into the fire. It is tainted with evil, evil permeates the sinful things and the things that sin touches are corrupted. God won't tolerate sin, sinners, sinfulness in the new creation or anything corrupt, He says they are passing away,

I hadn't realized that you believe you can lose your Salvation, and in fact, don't even understand the blood atonement.

Normally i see you posting "current event" posts.
This is my first real interaction with you, related to the NT.
And here you are teaching that the Born again can go to hell and burn.

You dont seem to realize that Christ and God and the Born again are all "one with God" for eternity ..... so, if a born again believer went to Hell, then God and Christ would also, as the eternal spiritual union that is eternal between God, Christ and the REDEEMED...., does not end.

Do you think you can ever understand that eternal reality?

Scott..
there are no born again in Hell.
There are no unbelievers, (never born again) in Heaven.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born [a]again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

All the natural things of the world are going into the fire of destruction to be consumed forever and ever. You must become a spiritual man having a new creation spirit that God creates inside you as the real you to survive the coming destruction. Natural born man is carnal, carnally minded, not spiritually minded, and with them God is not pleased as they are sinful and evil and headed to destruction down the broad path into the fire of hell. God only dwells inside His people after He creates in them a new spirit.

Study Romans 8
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be [b]carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the [c]carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies [d]through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hadn't realized that you believe you can lose your Salvation, and in fact, don't even understand the blood atonement.

Normally i see you posting "current event" posts.
This is my first real interaction with you, related to the NT.
And here you are teaching that the Born again can go to hell and burn.

You dont seem to realize that Christ and God and the Born again are all "one with God" for eternity ..... so, if a born again believer went to Hell, then God and Christ would also, as the eternal spiritual union that is eternal between God, Christ and the REDEEMED...., does not end.

Do you think you can ever understand that eternal reality?

Scott..
there are no born again in Hell.
There are no unbelievers, (never born again) in Heaven.
Funny how you just assumed that from what I wrote, I don't believe saved people go to hell or are in danger of hell fire. Never said that.

My old man is going into the fire. The old man grows ever more deceitful with it's lusts. Read Ephesians 4. the new man though is saved, but the old man is not, it's destiny is destruction.
Only the spirit is saved, nowhere do you find the body or mind is saved in scripture.
The spirits of just men made perfect is what is in heaven.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.

If you are not capable of doing anything but "cut and paste" then maybe you can do that on your Thread?

I'd appreciate that, as if you have nothing to say that is your own, then maybe you can say nothing at all.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Funny how you just assumed t

I dont assume.
I read, and note.

Here what you posted.

""God won't tolerate sin, sinners, sinfulness in the new creation or anything corrupt,"""

So, YOU affiliated the born again, with sinners and "corrupt".......and then you have them all equally being "burned".

So, i didn't "assume" you posted that Cross denying junk, i noted that you did.
So, if you post that the unbeliever, and the born again can "burn" then you know nothing about Eternal Life in Christ, and even less about the Cross of Christ.

So, you take note of that, Scott.
That's on you.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Recap Ephesians 4, inside every man is the old man and the new man.
The old man is to be destroyed, the new man is saved.
Paul says we can choose which man we put on.
This is not just allegorical.
The old man is of the flesh, the new man is of the Spirit

The New Man​

17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as [f]the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
MORE Evidence from scripture of the old and new man
Romans 7 more cut and paste cause obviously people need to be renewed in their thinking according to the scriptures, versus their own corrupted understandings.

Law Cannot Save from Sin​

13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God,
but with the flesh the law of sin.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As you can read, saved believers still can sin. they are just not sinning with the NEW MAN of the Spirit, but they sin with the OLD MAN of the flesh.
Anyone who denies this reality is trying to deceive you. Both are still present with us as we still live in this body of flesh.
If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. is proven true, according to the scriptures, in multiple places.