Use Not this verse : 1 John 1:9...if you are born again.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Do you commit things that would have been a sin before you trusted in Christ.? If so, then you haven't been freed from sin. You are actually UNDER the law you think you are free from.

The law and commandments can't deal with 'sin consciousness". which is a failure of the Law and Commandments.
Both, only demand righteousness from you, which is the curse of the law, as we have none.

Salvation, is "the Gift of Righteousness" that solves the "law and commandment" dominion that was a curse to us..

"Christ has redeemed us from the Curse of the Law".

Welcome to : The Gift of Righteousness.

Welcome to : The Gift of Salvation

Welcome to : Born again.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don’t think.

I know.

The Bible tells me so.

Take a little wine with your doctrine, and think some more about it., as the other readers understood what i wrote..
Even Timothy the Evangelist could figure it out.
But you, you just want to hear yourself post., and you can't learn that way, Michiah-Imla.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, in '2023, Lesbian couples have a Husband but thats not what God is talking about.

In Bible times too:

“…for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature…” (Romans 1:26)

And?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a little wine with your doctrine

“[God] causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.” (Psalms 104:14-15)

Grape juice doesn’t gladden the heart…

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“[God] causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.” (Psalms 104:14-15)

Grape juice doesn’t gladden the heart…

Paul didnt tell Timothy to drink to be happy.....and He didnt tell him to take wine as "doctrine for the church".

He told him to use it as a medicine.

So this isn't a "doctrine", this is a wise older Apostle telling a nervous young evangelist how to take a drink of alcohol to help with "nerves" and "stress".
He would not tell this to everyone, Michiah-Imla, as some were alcoholics before they were saved.

You have to think, and not just find a way to try to argue, as that is very carnal.
Do better.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In Bible times too:

“…for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature…” (Romans 1:26)

And?

And what?

Women can preach, they can teach, they can be deacons, they can be missionaries....... they can do any part of the ministry except for be a PASTOR of a Congregation.
Why not?
Because they can't quality for this office, as the qualification...>"""""be a HUSBAND"""", is not possible for a female. This is a MALE ONLY qualification.

Here is something to understand.

Adam is the 1st and Jesus is the 2nd ADAM.
EVE< was made from Adam.

That's not just symbolic, that is a POSITION of Authority among many other things...

The Husband is the HEAD of the WIFE as CHRIST is for the Church, which is Christ's BRIDE.
That's not a mistranslation of the Koine Greek or the Latin Vulgate.
That's TRUTH as DOCTRINE.
That's Pauline THEOLOGY.

The man is to LOVE His WIFE.
The woman is to RESPECT her Husand.

See that? That is an interesting statement, as it reflects "head".. "authority"......."body of Christ".....and JESUS's position and a "mans".

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Women can preach, they can teach, they can be deacons, they can be missionaries.......

Women can be deacons?

Let’s see:

“Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.” (1 Timothy 3:12)

:IDK:

Women can be missionaries?

Where in the New Testament do you get this idea? There weren’t any! Neither can one be a missionary if they are forbidden to teach!

This is why God is allowing the Democrat party oppression to continue…

Corrupt churches.

Corrupt doctrines of men.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Women can be deacons?

Let’s see:

“Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.” (1 Timothy 3:12)

Yes i know the verse.
But that context is similar to a Pastor.

How do you know?
Its because of this verse... in Romans
""""I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church at Cenchreae"""
And this.

1 Timothy 3:11​

11 Their wives likewise1 must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things
Titus 2:10
not pilfering, but showing all good faith, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior.

so, because Paul has a female in the context of "deacon requirements", its impossible to just dismiss this office as male only.

And this has to be understood in. light of this verse....."I suffer not a woman to teach"..... and that is Paul's "I"....>He does not say that "GOD" suffering not a woman to teach.
And, its Paul's statement that "women are to be quiet in the church" that is related not to doctrine but to the fact that these early assemblies were in somebody's home, and what would happen is........
The women were on one side of the room, and the husbands on the other side and while the Speaker was preaching, the women would be talking across the aisle, ...."can you get some bread on the way home"...>"what time is it"......"are you about ready to go".

So, Paul wanted ORDER and decided...>"keep the women quiet".

So, in ALL this, we come to understand that a Pastor is not a woman, but a deacon, and the rest, ...... is not a strict case., regarding gender.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law and commandments can't deal with 'sin consciousness". which is a failure of the Law and Commandments.
Both, only demand righteousness from you, which is the curse of the law, as we have none.

Salvation, is "the Gift of Righteousness" that solves the "law and commandment" dominion that was a curse to us..

"Christ has redeemed us from the Curse of the Law".

Welcome to : The Gift of Righteousness.

Welcome to : The Gift of Salvation

Welcome to : Born again.

This is what you keep saying and I agree. BUT are we meaning the same thing? How does the gift of righteousness CHANGE what you do? Which of these did you receive or not receive? Your posts leave your meaning unsaid.

1. Are you doing the exact same things as you did before, but now the Father can't see them because the blood of Jesus covers up our actions of sin making us appear righteous in the eyes of the Father?
2. When you received the gift of righteousness, did you also feel a heavy weight leave your body, the sin nature that desires to sin?
3. When you received the gift of righteousness, the Holy Spirit of Christ, did you receive any of the signs or gifts of the Holy Spirit (one, at least)?
4. When did God speak to you and tell you He was giving you the office of Teacher?
5. What desires stopped the moment you received the Holy Spirit of Righteousness - God's gift. Were they any of the Ten Commandments?
6. Do we receive the Holy Spirit by faith - theology
7. What evidence do you have that you have been saved?
8. What is born again in us now?

Last edited:

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just thankful that we have @Behold to point out all of the errors of our ways. I too hope to be able to live a perfect, sin-free, life as does Behold.