Very concerned about todays so called "prophets"......

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am very concerned about the amount of so called prophets showing up on the internet lately.
They all claim the Lord was talking to them and gave them a message about something that will happen in the near future. A fellow with the name of Timothy Dixon posted the following one with a message about things happening in the White House before or on March 13, 2022.
Check it out:

Reactions: Nancy

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My concern is that these guys are actually pastoring churches.
And when those predictions turn out to be false how is this handled by church leadership?
There are instructions in scripture and the Lord warned us about these guys.
Just wondering how people in general feel about this.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very concerned about the amount of so called prophets showing up on the internet lately.
They all claim the Lord was talking to them and gave them a message about something that will happen in the near future. A fellow with the name of Timothy Dixon posted the following one with a message about things happening in the White House before or on March 13, 2022.
Check it out:

"...by Peters hand and by Peters word"??!! So, I guess the Holy Spirit was trying to steal Peter's thunder :rolleyes:

I have a younger sister who watches this stuff ALL DAY. She's got a heart of gold but, is a sensationalist and VERY gullible.
Sad to know these kind have followers :(

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And when those predictions turn out to be false how is this handled by church leadership?
The assumption that God's Spirit manifests in the prediction of specific political or relational future telling attempts to bring to nought what Jesus himself said about the Spirit ....

‘I have yet many things to say to you, but ye are not able to bear [them] now; 13and when He may come — the Spirit of truth — He will guide you to all the truth, for He will not speak from Himself, but as many things as He will hear He will speak, and the coming things He will tell you; 14He will glorify me, because of mine He will take, and will tell to you. 15‘All things, as many as the Father hath, are mine; because of this I said, That of mine He will take, and will tell to you....' John 16:12-15 .. Young's Literal Translation

Jesus' own reference is himself here...what he is saying is the Spirit will continue to glorify me and the Father. He is not saying he is going to give the heads up on micro political unravellings.
Therein is the difference manifest between what constitutes the the Spirit from God and the spirit of the World.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Check it out:

Good grief!!! Since when was America more important than any other nation on earth?

The one thing God will never do is interfere in the politics of any nation. This world is ruled by satan and God will allow him, and all who have been deceived by him, enough rope to lead to their own destruction. In a world ruled by the devil, there are no good guys. (1 John 5:19)

We are to be “no part of the world”....”NO PART” means what it says. (John 17:16; John 18:36)
Jesus did not interfere with the activities of the Roman government even though they were oppressing his people....we are to become imitators of Christ as Paul was, (1 Corinthians 11:1) and remain neutral in all this world’s affairs....uninvolved spectators.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good grief!!! Since when was America more important than any other nation on earth?

The one thing God will never do is interfere in the politics of any nation. This world is ruled by satan and God will allow him, and all who have been deceived by him, enough rope to lead to their own destruction. In a world ruled by the devil, there are no good guys. (1 John 5:19)

We are to be “no part of the world”....”NO PART” means what it says. (John 17:16; John 18:36)
Jesus did not interfere with the activities of the Roman government even though they were oppressing his people....we are to become imitators of Christ as Paul was, (1 Corinthians 11:1) and remain neutral in all this world’s affairs....uninvolved spectators.
I s'pose Jesus was an uninvolved spectator!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well it is really up to every Christian to know the difference between what is true and what is false. Unfortunately too many Christians are not doing their due diligence and not studying the Word diligently either.

Agreed.

However, remember there are new Christians in churches everywhere.
They don't know the difference about what is false or true.
This guy is pastoring a church and is a false prophet.
I pray that new Christians will become aware of false prophets and look for a church where they can grow in the word.

Reactions: Enoch111 and marks

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Check it out:

These things too were foretold.

This is what happens when God pours out His spirit upon "all flesh" (both good and evil)." Unfortunately.

PS, But don't misunderstand...I am not against all that God is doing, but for Him. If He wants to make a proclamation in such a manner of dreams and visions or words to the least of men, or make a donkey talk, or ruin a false prophet, raise a nation, or allow it to fall--some of it certainly would and does sadden me, but I am all for it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Check it out:
/QUOTE]

If you watch this rubbish put a comment on the youtube comments asking,
" When this prophercy does not happen will the blasphemer resign from All his Christian positions?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These things too were foretold.

This is what happens when God pours out His spirit upon "all flesh" (both good and evil)." Unfortunately.

PS, But don't misunderstand...I am not against all that God is doing, but for Him. If He wants to make a proclamation in such a manner of dreams and visions or words to the least of men, or make a donkey talk, or ruin a false prophet, raise a nation, or allow it to fall--some of it certainly would and does sadden me, but I am all for it!

This is however a total different issue.,
Timothy Dixon quoted that God told him a date by which a high official in the White House would die because of a heart attack.
The date quoted: before or on March 30!
This did not come to pass.

A few years ago, another so called prophet said God told him there would be foreign soldiers invading the USA within a year.

Never happened.

Christians should stop listening to these guys and stop sending them money.
Because that's what it is all about: "Money"

Yes, this is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: “Do not let the prophets and diviners among you deceive you. Do not listen to the dreams you encourage them to have. They are prophesying lies to you in my name. I have not sent them,” declares the Lord

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Timothy Dixon quoted that God told him a date by which a high official in the White House would die because of a heart attack.
What year are you talking about? Because today is March 15th.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Just find out if they believe they can lose their salvation.
If they say "Yes", then you have found a deceiver, who may be a real christian, but this person has no faith in Christ, as they are ""mind blinded by the devil and fallen from Grace"
Paul says they are "bewitched" and "in the Flesh".

So, would God be giving them messages?

A.) No possible way

Faith in Christ that is REAL, believes that Christ keeps you saved.
When a "believer" does not believe this, then you have to realize this question, they must answer.

Q.) "Then who gets you into Heaven, if you dont believe that Christ keeps you saved". ?????

They only have one answer.....and that is....>"I DO".....by my works, my water, my enduring, my commandment keeping, my self righteousness".

Notice what is Missing from their broken faith in SELF ?????

A.) JESUS

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I s'pose Jesus was an uninvolved spectator!

Well, He pretty much was when it came to politics.

"Matthew 22:20-21
King James Version
20 'And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's."

:)

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is however a total different issue.,

A few years ago, another so called prophet said God told him there would be foreign soldiers invading the USA within a year.

Never happened.

Christians should stop listening to these guys and stop sending them money.
Because that's what it is all about: "Money"

Yes, this is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: “Do not let the prophets and diviners among you deceive you. Do not listen to the dreams you encourage them to have. They are prophesying lies to you in my name. I have not sent them,” declares the Lord
I know who you are talking about, the guy that was predicting Russia/China invading the mainland from his dreams/visions. Well Myself and many other people also had similar dreams at the same time. My dreams did not have a date but it was very vivid and China Russia was sending in bomber planes. I later saw those same planes in the news.
It could have very well been God warning his followers of a future event. But this pastor and many other “YouTube prophets” thought they were Uber important and embellished the vision to bring glory to themselves. Setting dates that were not given etc.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, He pretty much was when it came to politics.

"Matthew 22:20-21
King James Version
20 'And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's."

:)
Life on this planet is politics whether it's official or not. Jesus had to negotiate the Romans right from his birth. Mary had to negotiate her neighbours when she fell pregnant . John the Baptist got his head lopped off and this brown duck went bush negotiating the grind.

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Well the Bible does teach how to recognize a true and false prophet. May I add Yahweh does not change. Malachi 3:6.

NKJ Deuteronomy 13:1 "If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder,
2 "and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying,`Let us go after other gods'-- which you have not known--`and let us serve them,'
3 "you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
4 "You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him.
5 "But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst. (Deut. 13:1-5 NKJ)

There are not many if any that I know off are true Biblical prophets as a true prophet keeps the Sabbath day and feasts of Yahweh, teaches and instructs people to adhere to and follow the commandments. Those who teach that pagan days "Christmas and Easter" are so called Christian days and observe those days are teaching and leading people to after other gods even if what they say comes to pass. A true prophet does both. What they say comes to pass and they follow the commandments as did Yeshua (Jesus).
All other so called prophets are nothing more than Christian clairvoyants and fortune tellers. As in the Bible there are very rare times when individuals received personal prophecies and when they did they were often Kings and very high officials.

This is what our Bibles teach!!!

Shalom

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know who you are talking about, the guy that was predicting Russia/China invading the mainland from his dreams/visions. Well Myself and many other people also had similar dreams at the same time. My dreams did not have a date but it was very vivid and China Russia was sending in bomber planes. I later saw those same planes in the news.
It could have very well been God warning his followers of a future event. But this pastor and many other “YouTube prophets” thought they were Uber important and embellished the vision to bring glory to themselves. Setting dates that were not given etc.
@Mantis Good to stick to the wording of Scripture....

Reactions: Mantis