• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

Regarding the confessing and repenting failed discipleship situation...

Its better to exist in this situation.....

"Christ always gives me the Victory"... Paul says. so, its better to live in that TRUTH.....then in some sort of confused daily repentance carnal spiritually darkened mindset.

Listen, if you are repenting, you are not living a very good discipleship, are you ??

Paul says...>"as many as be PERFECT"........
Paul says..>>"Christ always gives me the Victory"..

So, there you have the PERFECT and you have : "ALWAYS" have the "Victory being GIVEN".
See that?
Victory "being given"......that is not you trying harder, as the more you try the less you know.
Listen, Christianity is not you being good. Its God being good through you.

Paul said...."I can do all things THROUGH CHRIST"......not through Paul's effort.
See that?
Do you SEE THAT?
Can you SEE IT?
Get that revelation of "Christ in you, the Hope of Glory", and learn to rest in God's Grace, instead of striving to be ............

Listen....Victory is not related to.... if you confess your sins enough.
Its not related to.... if you do some more useless penance, tomorrow.

What is the Victory? Its continual (ALWAYS) Victory over the world, your flesh, and the devil.
Its GIVEN.......Christ GIVES IT.... as Paul teaches.
Its literally the Grace of God, reader.
Learn to understand what this is, and live there in your Theological FAITH, and you will alway have the Victory.
And not until.

The fruit of Salvation, in a believer's life is to always have THE VICTORY.
That's the real "fruit", and you are to bear much of it.
How?
Continually.

Christ has, by His provided Blood Bought Eternal Redemption = provided the means for you, to always live in the VICTORY (( if you are born again, and not just water baptized )).......but if you are actually born again, ... You have access to all that God has, all that God can offer, and all that God IS...How?
Because Jesus is God, and Christ is in you and you are "in Christ" if you are truly born again, and not just water baptized, thinking you are saved ..when in fact you are anything but....

So, if we are to exist in the VICTORY, then this eliminates any religious idea, false doctrine, or Satanic theology, that teaches otherwise, such as any that says you must "live in repentance".
Paul didnt.
You shouldn't. (If you are truly born again).
Who is he who overcomes?

1 John 5:4
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the worldour faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

what is the power that helps us?

1 John 5:13
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

It is being born of God and the knowledge that as Paul said, to be absent from the body is to be present with the lord. Eternal security and our faith in that HOPE of which God promised before time began is the power of overcoming.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why do people claim we need to repent after we sin?

Do you not know sin is sin before you did it after your saved?

Repent needs to change your view about that action. that would be going from not believing that action is a sin, to confessing to God yes that is a sin.

We CONFESS after we are saved, Scripture says not only to God but each other. for healing

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

Regarding the confessing and repenting failed discipleship situation...

Its better to exist in this situation.....

"Christ always gives me the Victory"... Paul says. so, its better to live in that TRUTH.....then in some sort of confused daily repentance carnal spiritually darkened mindset.

Listen, if you are repenting, you are not living a very good discipleship, are you ??

Paul says...>"as many as be PERFECT"........
Paul says..>>"Christ always gives me the Victory"..

So, there you have the PERFECT and you have : "ALWAYS" have the "Victory being GIVEN".
See that?
Victory "being given"......that is not you trying harder, as the more you try the less you know.
Listen, Christianity is not you being good. Its God being good through you.

Paul said...."I can do all things THROUGH CHRIST"......not through Paul's effort.
See that?
Do you SEE THAT?
Can you SEE IT?
Get that revelation of "Christ in you, the Hope of Glory", and learn to rest in God's Grace, instead of striving to be ............

Listen....Victory is not related to.... if you confess your sins enough.
Its not related to.... if you do some more useless penance, tomorrow.

What is the Victory? Its continual (ALWAYS) Victory over the world, your flesh, and the devil.
Its GIVEN.......Christ GIVES IT.... as Paul teaches.
Its literally the Grace of God, reader.
Learn to understand what this is, and live there in your Theological FAITH, and you will alway have the Victory.
And not until.

The fruit of Salvation, in a believer's life is to always have THE VICTORY.
That's the real "fruit", and you are to bear much of it.
How?
Continually.

Christ has, by His provided Blood Bought Eternal Redemption = provided the means for you, to always live in the VICTORY (( if you are born again, and not just water baptized )).......but if you are actually born again, ... You have access to all that God has, all that God can offer, and all that God IS...How?
Because Jesus is God, and Christ is in you and you are "in Christ" if you are truly born again, and not just water baptized, thinking you are saved ..when in fact you are anything but....

So, if we are to exist in the VICTORY, then this eliminates any religious idea, false doctrine, or Satanic theology, that teaches otherwise, such as any that says you must "live in repentance".
Paul didnt.
You shouldn't. (If you are truly born again).
Victory over repentance? I believe repentance is a key to heaven (Matthew 4:17).

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't the bible tell us God gives us faith? It isn't us that choose faith?
Yes, God does give everyone the faith to know the gospel is true. IOW, God gives everyone the undeniable proof through the witness and testimony of the Spirit that the gospel of his Son really is true (Acts of the Apostles 17:31, 1 John 5:9-10). But most choose not to retain the faith God has given to them to know the gospel really is true and are lost. Some do retain the word of faith God gave them and are saved (1 John 2:24-25).

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, God does give everyone the faith to know the gospel is true. IOW, God gives everyone the undeniable proof through the witness and testimony of the Spirit that the gospel of his Son really is true (Acts of the Apostles 17:31, 1 John 5:9-10). But most choose not to retain the faith God has given to them to know the gospel really is true and are lost. Some do retain the word of faith God gave them and are saved (1 John 2:24-25).
Can we lose what God bestowed by his will and choice making us one of his Elect?
No one will take us out of the hand of Jesus. Jesus said all that the father gives him are his and he will lose none.

If God's gift of faith and salvation are unchangeable. Because they are from God who is a God of his word.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we lose what God bestowed by his will and choice making us one of his Elect?
No one will take us out of the hand of Jesus. Jesus said all that the father gives him are his and he will lose none.

If God's gift of faith and salvation are unchangeable. Because they are from God who is a God of his word.
I believe a person can stop believing. I believe a person is free to reject the gift of faith that they have received. But I also believe a person can grow in their relationship with God to the point that their minds can not be changed about believing/ trusting in the forgiveness of God, even under threat of physical death. And that's why the Bible exhorts us to grow in the knowledge of Christ and hold onto the word and increase in faith. Our goal in this life is to have the noble and good heart that retains the word of God - the word of faith - in the Parable of the Sower, bringing it to fruition in perseverance. That is the person in whom the word of God can not be uprooted and expelled.

Last edited:

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe a person can stop believing. I believe a person is free to reject the gift of faith that they have received. But I also believe a person can grow in their relationship with God that their minds can not be changed about believing in the forgiveness of God, even under threat of physical death. And that's why the Bible exhorts us to grow in the knowledge of Christ and hold onto and increase in faith. Our goal in this life is to have the noble and good heart that retains the word of God - the word of faith - bringing it to fruition in perseverance. That is the person in whom the word of God can not be uprooted and expelled.
I understand your view.

I don't believe a person can do anything to revoke the gift God gave them.
Sure, someone may have a crisis of faith for whatever reason. And even stop believing, or turn atheist.
For me, God would know all those things were to happen after God bestowed his gift.
And he did that anyway. He still have the gift.

Maybe what is part of growing in faith for those type people is to live thinking they're letting God go when they lose faith for whatever reason.
And maybe the reason they do grow more in faith during that time is because after all those hills and valleys they think they're traveling alone they come out on the other side realizing they never were.

I think when God is part of all he's created we can never be without him.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those who say we have to repent of our sins in order to be saved. No, we have to repent only of the thing that makes us unsaved, and that is unbelief. If a person needs to turn from his sins in order to be saved, what sins does he turn from? Does he turn from pride? Does he turn from selfishness? Does he turn from covetousness? The truth is, nobody can turn from all of his sins until he is raptured and he receives a body like the body of the Saviour. I John 3:2, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." According to Psalm 19:12, we do not even know all of our sins. David said, "Cleanse thou me from secret faults." What he is talking about here is being cleansed from faults he doesn't even know he has. A person, when he is first saved, does not know all the things that he is doing that are wrong, and if a person has to repent of all of his sins, where is growth in grace? Where is being a babe in Christ? Where does the carnal Christian fit in here?

Now don't misunderstand me. I am certainly for separation and for living a godly life, but the cleansing of our lives is not done by us any more than salvation is done by us. Salvation is simply repenting of unbelief, and believing, and letting Christ save us. We yield to Him to save us; He does! Immediately the Holy Spirit comes in to live. The Holy Spirit begins His work of cleansing in our lives. He is the one Who cleanses, just as he is the one Who saves. He is the one Who points our sins out to us after we are saved just as He is the one Who saves us when we are saved.

I discovered this little gem tonight .....thought I’d share it.....Many people are in Hell tonight because they thought that “ repenting Of Sins” was the Way to Heaven......Repenting Of your Sins will not help YOU any more than it helped Judas....Once a person is Saved, Repentance will come naturally....It did not Get one Saved nor does it keep one Saved....Two things and two things ONLY save us—-Christ’s Blood and our Faith.Many need to “ Repent” Of their confused belief that Sorrow for sin and the determination to “ do better” is a part of God’s Plan for Salvation......
The Repentance That Saves is “a change of mind” ......Anybody that changes their mind from NOT believing the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 to actually Resting in that Gospel Of Pure Grace and Nothing else for their Salvation has done all the repenting that he ever need do....

Until that Gospel is Believed , you lack the Holy Spirit within you..... Repent until the cows come home—-without that Spirit, “ You are NONE of His”...... Go to the Gospel for your Salvation —-not your “ Repentance” .....Get Saved first.....There will be Plenty of time for Repentance later, and with the Holy Spirit in you, you just might get something accomplished....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe a person can do anything to revoke the gift God gave them.
Sure, someone may have a crisis of faith for whatever reason. And even stop believing, or turn atheist.
For me, God would know all those things were to happen after God bestowed his gift.
And he did that anyway. He still have the gift.

Maybe what is part of growing in faith for those type people is to live thinking they're letting God go when they lose faith for whatever reason.
'Lose faith'? How can someone no longer have the gift of faith that they can never lose? I'm of the opinion that if a person wants to believe that 'once saved always saved' is true, fine, but they should stick to the original teaching about that which says if you lose faith you never had it to begin with, because OSAS rests on the principle that the gift of faith is irrevocable. So there is no scenario possible where one ever loses it.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those who say we have to repent of our sins in order to be saved. No, we have to repent only of the thing that makes us unsaved, and that is unbelief.
Ultimately, the sign that you have repented of unbelief is your repentance from sin. Everyone should make sure they are really saved by seeking to have behavior that matches their profession of faith (Matthew 3:8, Acts of the Apostles 26:20). That way if they find out they can't live up to their profession of faith they can realize they're not really saved and they can then really get saved. Ever-increasing victory over sin is how we know that we really are justified in Christ by faith and ready to meet him when he returns.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That way if they find out they can't live up to their profession of faith they can realize they're not really saved and they can then really get saved.

I think we can all agree that nobody can be 100% perfect in this lifetime.....so what level of performance—- What per cent of perfection do we have to reach to show that we have “ lived up” to the receiving of something that was supposed to be a gift? 90% ?.......70%?...... how about 51%—- at least that last figure would put you over the half- way mark......

Trying to “ live up” to the amazing gift of salvation is just another way of saying, “ Yeah,Jesus saves, but once you know “ that” you gotta make sure you are “worthy” of the free gift......I am not worthy and I don’t have to prove anything to anybody ......I am “MADE” Worthy by the Blood Of The Lamb....Resting in that Truth is the ONLY “living up” I need be concerned with.....those behavioral changes will occur naturally once you are in dwelt with the Holy Spirit....trying to live up to something you will NEVER deserve is a fool’s errand......doing things to get Saved or stay Saved or to prove that you are Saved are nothing but “ Dead Works”.....

We should always be as obedient as we can be.....but not to be Saved or stay Saved ....Love for God is the Engine that drives Obedience....not the fear of dropping into Hell because you failed to “ live up” to a Standard you can Never live up to.....Jesus was Perfect and He Lived Up “ FOR” me .....I Rest in that ....

Few people are dumb enough to say that we are Saved by our works—— You would not say it.....but you prove what is in your heart by using this “ Back - Door” approach to adding Works.....I’ve seen it before.....As they say down south—- “ That Dog won’t hunt!”......

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Few people are dumb enough to say that we are Saved by our works—— You would not say it.....but you prove what is in your heart by using this “ Back - Door” approach to adding Works.....I’ve seen it before.....As they say down south—- “ That Dog won’t hunt!”.
'If you ain't changed/changing, then you ain't saved' does not mean works earn justification. The changed/changing life shows you to be justified in Christ apart from works. I know this is an unacceptable truth to those who want to think they are saved but who remain unchanged in their old lives. You call that change a natural change that will happen, but then you turn right around and say it doesn't have to happen. That's a glaring contradiction.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so what level of performance—- What per cent of perfection do we have to reach to show that we have “ lived up” to the receiving of something that was supposed to be a gift? 90% ?.......70%?...... how about 51%—- at least that last figure would put you over the half- way mark.
Well, since Peter is the one who said it, not me, what percent did he have in mind?

"5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

10Therefore, my brothers and sisters, a make every effort to confirm your calling and election." 2 Peter 1:5-10
So, answer your own question. What percent of increasing measure of the qualities of the Spirit confirms one's calling and election?

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to “ live up” to the amazing gift of salvation is just another way of saying, “ Yeah,Jesus saves, but once you know “ that” you gotta make sure you are “worthy” of the free gift.
Do you really think that's what Paul had in mind when he said that?

"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received." Ephesians 4:1

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, since Peter is the one who said it, not me, what percent did he have in mind?

"5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

10Therefore, my brothers and sisters, a make every effort to confirm your calling and election." 2 Peter 1:5-10

So, answer your own question. What percent of increasing measure of the qualities of the Spirit confirms one's calling and election?

Jumping in here . . .

1 John 3:18-19 KJV
18) My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19) And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

The answer is in your inner assurance as you see your life transformed to love others, in real ways.

Much love!