• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord is the key, but if he lays down certain requirements, aren't they key, also?

The “ Requirement ?” Nothing has changed from 2000 years ago when the Disciples asked the same question......
Jesus answer? “ Believe on the One that He sent”.... yep.....for one’s Salvation , that’s all a person needs to do...... There is much to be done on the other side of Salvation, but let's not put the cart before the horse.....

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The “ Requirement ?” Nothing has changed from 2000 years ago when the Disciples asked the same question......
Jesus answer? “ Believe on the One that He sent”.... yep.....for one’s Salvation , that’s all a person needs to do...... There is much to be done on the other side of Salvation, but let's not put the cart before the horse.....
I find when I sin, life gets unpleasant. I therefore would list "righteousness" as a requirement.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'If you ain't changed/changing, then you ain't saved' does not mean works earn justification. The changed/changing life shows you to be justified in Christ apart from works. I know this is an unacceptable truth to those who want to think they are saved but who remain unchanged in their old lives. You call that change a natural change that will happen, but then you turn right around and say it doesn't have to happen. That's a glaring contradiction.

No contradiction.......All Saved people have the Holy Spirit within in them......without that, “you are NONE of His”......Let That Spirit hang around long enough and there will be change .....It SHOULD happen , and Given time I Believe it WILL happen......Theoretically speaking , it does not HAVE to happen , because you are Saved the very instant you first Believed.....Jesus could have told the Saved Thief on the Cross ,” Sorry dude—- You Turned to me to Save you and you proved with your mouth that you Believed in Me, but ya see, there just ain’t enough time for you to prove that you could “ live up” to a free gift that otherwise was yours for the asking.....”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God does give everyone the faith to know the gospel is true. IOW, God gives everyone the undeniable proof through the witness and testimony of the Spirit that the gospel of his Son really is true (Acts of the Apostles 17:31, 1 John 5:9-10). But most choose not to retain the faith God has given to them to know the gospel really is true and are lost. Some do retain the word of faith God gave them and are saved (1 John 2:24-25).

As in the case of “ Lydia, the seller of purple” in the Book Of Acts, it was said that God “ opened her heart” to not only hear but to go on to BELIEVE the Gospel... Why would it be different for anybody else....the initiative for Salvation belongs to God......Why are some hearts opened and others are not? Beats me.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone should make sure they are really saved by seeking to have behavior that matches their profession of faith

Hogwash! Worse than that, it is a False Gospel......Guess what happens to those that preach “ Perverted Gospels” .....Show me your chapter and verse for this Garbage.....I got mine.....

Paul wrote that the way to prove that you are in the Faith is to realize that you have the Holy Spirit in you......if you can say ( with sincerity , of course) that “ Jesus is Lord” , you have “ passed” that test.....it is impossible for somebody to say that if they do not have the Holy Spirit in them , thus proving that they are Saved ....Too bad Paul didn’t give us a stringent list of rules to follow so you can work on them and have something to boast about....oh ! Hold everything ! You GOT that list , don’t you? Repenting of ALL of your sins before you die and then proving that you have Earned a free gift by having enough behavioral changes in your life....

It’s hard to talk about the Grace Of God that actually saves everybody that has ever been saved when you are dealing with people to whom it has never been bestowed... I won’t try...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe a person can do anything to revoke the gift God gave them.

You got THAT right! Romans 11:29......Salvation is a gift and “ The Gifts Of God are IRREVOCABLE”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you don't heed those Scripture evidences I showed you at all, because you favor those like what Paul said in 2 Timothy 4 about those who turn away from sound doctrine...

2 Timothy 4
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
KJV

Have you ever considered that these verses might be talking about YOU? My Doctrine is NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD for Salvation...”Itchy Ears” want to hear more.....When it comes to Salvation, I ain’t interested in hearing anything else....no itchy ears here.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's exactly right. And He would have never had said that to those 5 Churches in Revelation if the OSAS doctrine were true. To have Christ's Salvation, we MUST remain steadfast in the Faith all the way to the end of this world, waiting for Him, and repent to Him when we mess up at times.

If these churches took no heed to what Jesus said , the could have their “ candlestick removed” etc.....what makes you think this is the equivalent of Damnation....they would be Chastised by Jesus in this life and the next..just like any of the rest of us who don’t listen .....these churches were churches being sternly warned—- they had fallen into serious error....For all of their faults, they were still Believers and still Saved...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, since Peter is the one who said it, not me, what percent did he have in mind?

"5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

10Therefore, my brothers and sisters, a make every effort to confirm your calling and election." 2 Peter 1:5-10
So, answer your own question. What percent of increasing measure of the qualities of the Spirit confirms one's calling and election?

The higher the percentage the better, obviously....it’s about living the wisest and best life possible here on Earth.....leading to both temporal and Heavenly rewards.....it’s about leading a life that is pleasing to God....wanna be blessed in this life AND the next? Follow Peter’s Wise and Inspired advice—— It has nothing to do with Salvation....Peter is addressing Saved Believers...they already had the Faith in Jesus that saved them ......Pete is telling them there is more to a saved Believers life than just sitting around waiting to get Raptured or something—- get busy! Add to that Faith .....blessings await !

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jumping in here . . .

1 John 3:18-19 KJV
18) My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19) And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

The answer is in your inner assurance as you see your life transformed to love others, in real ways.

Much love!

It’s just like Paul said —— You can have the Faith to move mountains, but if you don’t have Love you don’t have anything.....

Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find when I sin, life gets unpleasant. I therefore would list "righteousness" as a requirement.

Righteousness * IS* a Requirement.....The Bad News is that to get to Heaven you must be just as Righteous as Jesus! The Good News is that you can have the Righteousness “ Imputed” to you if you simply Trust Him to Save you....Believe 1 Cor15:-4 to the point that you Rest in it Alone for your Salvation....Jesus took your sins and in turn gave you His Righteousness as a free gift.....will you simply Believe it ? That will determine where you spend Eternity....

Reactions: marks

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered that these verses might be talking about YOU? My Doctrine is NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD for Salvation...”Itchy Ears” want to hear more.....When it comes to Salvation, I ain’t interested in hearing anything else....no itchy ears here.....

You are such a misguided soul. Don't you realize that to deny that we still slip up at times and need to repent means you even reject Communion with Christ Jesus? In Communion with Jesus is when we are to work problems out with Him, asking Him forgiveness if we've done wrong also. Even the way He taught us 'how' to pray in Luke 11 includes us asking forgiveness of our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.

You're simply a misguided soul, bewitched by a doctrine of devils.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus could have told the Saved Thief on the Cross ,” Sorry dude—- You Turned to me to Save you and you proved with your mouth that you Believed in Me, but ya see, there just ain’t enough time for you to prove that you could “ live up” to a free gift that otherwise was yours for the asking.....”
I honestly think you know that you are inventing an argument that is not being made. You're still insisting on only seeing the argument as the proof of your justification in Christ earns you salvation. I think you know that's not the argument being made.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If these churches took no heed to what Jesus said , the could have their “ candlestick removed” etc.....what makes you think this is the equivalent of Damnation....they would be Chastised by Jesus in this life and the next..just like any of the rest of us who don’t listen .....these churches were churches being sternly warned—- they had fallen into serious error....For all of their faults, they were still Believers and still Saved...

There's a difference between being gathered by Jesus when He comes and reigning with Him as His elect, verses being cast to the "outer darkness" after His return...

Matt 25:26-30
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

KJV

Revelation 22:14-15 reveals that "outer darkness" is outside the gates of the holy city after Christ's return. It means being cast out to where the wicked are. That is the fate of believers who fall away.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As in the case of “ Lydia, the seller of purple” in the Book Of Acts, it was said that God “ opened her heart” to not only hear but to go on to BELIEVE the Gospel... Why would it be different for anybody else....the initiative for Salvation belongs to God......Why are some hearts opened and others are not? Beats me.
Just because God initiates the choice to believe the gospel doesn't mean a person doesn't have the responsibility to then believe it and continue to believe it.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let That Spirit hang around long enough and there will be change .....It SHOULD happen , and Given time I Believe it WILL happen......Theoretically speaking , it does not HAVE to happen , because you are Saved the very instant you first Believed.
If that change does not begin that shows you did not really get saved when you think you did.