Was James confused?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus has already plainly and in many places assured you that you must pick up your cross and follow, you must forgive to be forgiven, you must do and not just cry. I am not interested in what you can see, but what you cannot see, with all due respect, which becomes the more obvious the more snippets you ignore to force your perspective.

At least contemplate A&E here, you aren't required to snap off some knee jerk response right this second, ok.

I asked you what you have placed your faith in and you told be it was in what you do """T0 PICK UP YOUR CROSS"" In my view that means your faith is in what you do; your works. It can't be taken any other way. The difference in your faith and mine is that mine is in the work of God and yours is in your works. You can go on and on if you wish but I see where you have placed your faith and it isn't in the work of Jesus on the cross. And this also goes for all on this tread who insist that faith in God's work on the cross is easy believism. Faith in what Jesus (GOD) did on the cross is the only thing that assures a place with God.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have said, over and over and over that I have placed my faith, belief, trust, confidence in Jesus' shed blood on the cross. You say that is not enough. But you are not God.

The Faith that Christ spoke of was not simply one of belief. Christ showed us a living faith where God's children love him in their heart and in their actions and they love their neighbors as themselves. Such a faith contains good works because it is alive. To assert that you have faith and yet have failed to express it when there was an opportunity to do so shows that you don't have a living faith In the Father or Christ, at best you have empty faith.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BUMP.

What ARE you talking about?
It sounds like ONLY FAITH is necessary for salvation....
It sounds like Easy Believism
It sounds like Hyper Grace.

If it looks like a duck...

So you are saying that to believe Jesus paid for your sins is easy believism.

Okay. I will ask you the same question I asked bb. Tell me in what do you place your faith? You say your works prove your faith so you ought to be able to tell me your answer.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Faith that Christ spoke of was not simply one of belief. Christ showed us a living faith where God's children love him in their heart and in their actions and they love their neighbors as themselves. Such a faith contains good works because it is alive. To assert that you have faith and yet have failed to express it when there was an opportunity to do so shows that you don't have a living faith In the Father or Christ, at best you have empty faith.

Thank you for your opinion but I don't share it. If your faith is not in Jesus' work on the cross it is an empty faith because the only thing left is faith in yourself.

What I see on this thread is a constant attack on my faith in God and I see no reason to continue. What I have already seen is that many only have faith in their own works. I knew that if I confronted some with having to answer as to what the have placed their faith in their answer would be in their works. And according to scriptures that will only buy a place in a very hot place.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your opinion but I don't share it. If your faith is not in Jesus' work on the cross it is an empty faith because the only thing left is faith in yourself.

What I see on this thread is a constant attack on my faith in God and I see no reason to continue. What I have already seen is that many only have faith in their own works. I knew that if I confronted some with having to answer as to what the have placed their faith in their answer would be in their works. And according to scriptures that will only buy a place in a very hot place.

A new thread started Tuesday, by Blinkin . Titled : How to simply be saved. I agreed with it. What do you think of it?
The Bible Way To Heaven

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus came , overcame, did the will of His Father, Died, rose again FOR ALL.."for God so Loved the World."

Jesus came to reveal the Father..preached to, reveal Himself as the Messiah,and the I AM for Israel.....He clearly says that.

It was not yet 'the time of the gentiles'
...the law was still in operation until the cross...
after the cross ...God called Paul to preach Grace, and bring in the gentiles.
Not hard to read and understand.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A new thread started Tuesday, by Blinkin . Titled : How to simply be saved. I agreed with it. What do you think of it?
The Bible Way To Heaven

Started in which board?
I cant see it.
Link?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus came , overcame, did the will of His Father, Died, rose again FOR ALL.."for God so Loved the World."

Jesus came to reveal the Father..preached to, reveal Himself as the Messiah,and the I AM for Israel.....He clearly says that.

It was not yet 'the time of the gentiles'
...the law was still in operation until the cross...
after the cross ...God called Paul to preach Grace, and bring in the gentiles.
Not hard to read and understand.
In what you wrote did you tell me where YOU have paced your faith? I don't seem to see it. What I want to see is your personal statement of where you have placed your faith. Come on, surly you know what you have placed your faith in.

I think my time on this thread is running out. You, and others, accuse my faith as being easy believism. With people like you it certainly isn't easy.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What I see on this thread is a constant attack on my faith in God and I see no reason to continue.
k and what we, or at least i see is that you are willfully blind, and you might at least address some of the now overwhelming Scripture that does not agree with your pov, or at the very least identify the difference in you and those who cry "Lord, Lord," Richard. No one is interested in your ungrounded opinions ok, and i doubt you are much interested in mine either.

What you see is irrelevant if you are blind, right

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
k and what we, or at least i see is that you are willfully blind, and you might at least address some of the now overwhelming Scripture that does not agree with your pov, or at the very least identify the difference in you and those who cry "Lord, Lord," Richard. No one is interested in your ungrounded opinions ok, and i doubt you are much interested in mine either.

What you see is irrelevant if you are blind, right
That applies to you too.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now you're just lying, because your argument is in the dumper. We have already agreed that works done from a bad heart will not save anyone

We haven't agreed on anything. My faith is in the work of Jesus on the cross where He paid for all my sins and it seems the works crowd will only have faith in their own works.

Want to keep this up????

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That applies to you too.
i agree, and i might be wrong, but the way to find out is to examine the evidence, not ignore it.
Christ Himself has told you directly that if you do not pick up your cross you cannot be a disciple of His, now what are you gonna do about that is all that should matter to you.

No one has attacked your character, and i have even gone so far as to say that we are prolly just having a semantics disagreement @ the def of "works."

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i agree, and i might be wrong, but the way to find out is to examine the evidence, not ignore it.
Christ Himself has told you directly that if you do not pick up your cross you cannot be a disciple of His, now what are you gonna do about that is all that should matter to you.

No one has attacked your character, and i have even gone so far as to say that we are prolly just having a semantics disagreement @ the def of "works."
Jesus came to the Jews who were under the law of Moses. We, today, are under grace. But like so many you can't see the difference.