Was Noah's flood global?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noah's Flood: The New Scientific Discoveries About The Event That Changed History Paperback – January 25, 2000
by William Ryan (Author), Walter Pitman (Author)

The Rocks Don't Lie: A Geologist Investigates Noah's Flood Reprint Edition
by David R. Montgomery (Author)

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For sure. But we may be wrong and mislead about the global nature of the world topography. Don't think of the world as separated into continents, but possibly as one contiguous body of land, i.e.; Pangea. In this regard, it's much easier to understand many things that are otherwise hard to understand or consider. There's interesting scriptures found in Gen 10, verse 25.

"25And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan."

The above says the earth was divided in Peleg's days. Some believe this means the earth itself which I tend to agree with. The thought is, the flood was so traumatic that it eventually caused the land to separate into continents, not continental drift over millions of years. This would also make sense too if you are of the belief that the earth is younger rather than older as does mainstream, nonsecular science believe and propagate.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That all depends on location, the area being spoken of is the Tarim Basim, which is shaped like a bowl. There is also much documentation from the Asians cultures about a flood that took place but did not reach them.

Moreover, in Genesis 4 we have the genealogy of Cain. (Kenites)
In Genesis 5 we have the genealogy of Adam.

If the flood was worldwide and destroyed everyone but 8 Adamic souls, you would no longer see the kenites mentioned in scripture.
But you do, this dismisses any notion of the flood being worldwide.
KENITE (Heb. קֵינִי), a large group of nomadic clans engaged chiefly in metal working. The root qyn has the same meaning in cognate Semitic languages, e.g., in Arabic qayna, "tinsmith," "craftsman"; in Syriac and Aramaic qyn'h, qyny, "metalsmith." In the Bible the word kayin (qayin) also means a weapon made of metal, probably a spear (II Sam. 21:16); and the proper noun "Tubal-Cain, who forged all the implements of copper and iron" (Gen. 4:22) is a compound name in which the second noun indicates the trade. There is a connection between this trade and the story of *Cain who wandered from place to place and was protected by a special sign: "Therefore, if anyone kills Cain, sevenfold vengeance shall be taken on him" (Gen. 4:15). Among primitive tribes to the present day there are clans of coppersmiths and tinsmiths whom it is considered a grave offense to harm.

The Kenites came from the south: Midian, Edom, and the Arabah. Hobab ( *Jethro ), son of Reuel the Midianite, who aided the Israelites in the desert and served as their pathfinder (Num. 10:29–32), was also known as the Kenite (Judg. 1:16; 4:11). Enoch, son of Cain (Gen. 4:17), is also mentioned among the Midianites (Gen. 25:4; I Chron. 1:33). Balaam's prophecy about the Kenites, "Though your abode be secure, and your nest be set among cliffs" (Num. 24:21) appears to be a reference to the mountains of Midian and Edom (cf. Obad. 3–4), and Sela ("cliffs") designates perhaps the Edomite mountain-fortress Sela (today al-Saʿl near Baṣrah) around which rich copper deposits were located. The house of Rechab, which had preserved traditions of the time of the Exodus, was related to the Kenites (I Chron. 2:55), and apparently also to Ir-Nahash and Ge-Harashim (I Chron. 4:12–14), modern Khirbet Naḥās ("copper ruin," or "ruin of the copper city") in the Arabah, a copper mining center.

The Kenites were enumerated among the early peoples of Canaan, together with the Kenizzites and the Kadmonites (Gen. 15:19). Relations between the Israelites and the Kenites were good, but B. Stade and others argued for Kenite influence on Moses and the religion of Israel. This "Kenite hypothesis" (updated by Halpern and by van der Toorn) holds that YHWH was not originally the God of the Hebrews and was not even known to the Hebrews. He was originally a Kenite tribal god who became known to Moses through his Kenite father-in-law, Jethro. Moses then made YHWH known to the Hebrews, who accepted Him as their God. As observed by van der Toorn, the Kenite hypothesis nicely accounts for the absence of Yahweh from earlier pantheons, Yahweh's link with Edom (Deut. 33:2), the Kenite connection of Moses, and the Bible's positive attitude to Kenites. The major problem comes from the current scholarly view that the majority of Israelites originated in Canaan and did not trek through the desert encountering Kenites all the way as the Bible would have it. The historical role of Moses is likewise problematic. Nonetheless, the important role of the Kenites in early Israelite worship has been emphasized by the discovery of an Israelite sanctuary at *Arad . This explains the note of Judges 1:16 about the Kenite family related to Moses (according to the Septuagint descendants, this venerated family served as priests in the sanctuary). They entered the region from the "city of palm trees," which cannot here indicate Jericho, but more likely refers to Zoar or Tamar in the northern part of the Arabah. Also, Heber, the Kenite husband or clan of Jael, who was at the time of the Deborah battle in northern Ereẓ Israel near Mount Tabor belonged to the Hobab family (Judg. 4:11). It is hardly incidental that they pitched their tent at the oak (Heb. eʾlon) in Zaanaim or Zaananim, evidently a holy tree. Their connection with early Yahwistic worship does not exclude the assumption that for a good part they made their livelihood as metal craftsmen (Judg. 5:26).

Other Kenite families evidently occupied the region in the south, centering around Arad. This is the Negev of the Kenites and the cities of the Kenites referred to in the stories from the time of David (I Sam. 27:10; 30:29). These settlements apparently included Kinah near Arad (Josh. 15:22), and possibly Kain on the border of the wilderness of Judah (15:57). In the same region were also found the Amalekites, who wandered in Edom, Sinai, and the Negev, and among whom the Kenites lived. According to the Septuagint, Judges 1:16 should read "and dwelt among the Amalekites" (MT, "among the people (ʿam)"). In view of the kindness the Kenites had shown to Israel during the Exodus (I Sam. 15:6), Saul gave them friendly warning before attacking the Amalekites.

Reactions: marks

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Hebrew word for land is ʼEʹrets. That same word is also used in the Bible to refer to:

(1) earth, as opposed to heaven, or sky (Ge 1:2);
(2) land, country, territory (Ge 10:10);
(3) ground, surface of the ground (Ge 1:26);

But the same word can be used in the Bible to refer to:

(4) people of all the globe

(See https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200001239)

... like in these cases where it is easily understood that the term refers to people and not to some inanimate object.:

Gen. 11:1 Now all the earth continued to be of one language and of one set of words.
... 18:25 It is unthinkable that you would act in this manner by putting the righteous man to death with the wicked one so that the outcome for the righteous man and the wicked is the same! It is unthinkable of you. Will the Judge of all the earth not do what is right?”

The context of these passages includes the time in which what Gen. 10:25 describes happened to the earth ...therefore it can be concluded that this passage refers to the inhabitants of the earth separating from each other after the confusion of languages at Babel.

Gen. 11:6 Jehovah then said: “Look! They are one people with one language, and this is what they have started to do. Now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be impossible for them. 7 Come! Let us go down there and confuse their language in order that they may not understand one another’s language.” 8 So Jehovah scattered them from there over the entire face of the earth, and they gradually left off building the city. 9 That is why it was named Babel, because there Jehovah confused the language of all the earth, and Jehovah scattered them from there over the entire face of the earth.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was Noah's flood global?
Yes. Very much sounds like it as all life that had breath (Lol) under the heavens was to be destroyed....as well as all the mountains under heaven were covered.
Why spend 70 to 100 years building an ark when they could have just spent that time moving to the other side of the world.? We could have met the kangaroos halfway with time to spare.
The earth seems to be totally covered in water as creation began...Gen 1-9.
So the water had somewhere to go.

See post 3 and 5.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No clue what you are saying.
The all inclusive false love delusion IS GLOBAL BIG TIME NOW .
Allow me some parting words .
Many and boy do i mean many within christedom
holler all day , I LOVE GOD CHRIST and humanity
YET have NO LOVE or tolerance FOR THEM GOD INSPIRED WORDS in the scriptures .
GUESS what , THEY BE DECIEVED BIG TIME . THEY dont love GOD , Christ , nor humanity . love corrects
love points to GOD , JESUS even said we must love HIM above all , all . YET that aint what i see in todays lovey do version
of the all inclusive lie from hades . YET MOST are sucking up the worlds version of love not the LOVE OF GOD NOR FOR GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praising the glorious LORD all the day long ............
LIFT THOSE HANDS UP in praise and much thanksgivings unto the glorious LORD . HIS WILL BE DONE HIS KINGDOM COME .

The SPIRIT within us and the bible in our hand . This lamb going out hard no matter the cost . BIBLE UP .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The all inclusive false love delusion IS GLOBAL BIG TIME NOW .
Oh, gotcha. Agree.
Allow me some parting words .
Many and boy do i mean many within christedom
holler all day , I LOVE GOD CHRIST and humanity
YET have NO LOVE or tolerance FOR THEM GOD INSPIRED WORDS in the scriptures .
GUESS what , THEY BE DECIEVED BIG TIME . THEY dont love GOD , Christ , nor humanity . love corrects
love points to GOD , JESUS even said we must love HIM above all , all . YET that aint what i see in todays lovey do version
of the all inclusive lie from hades . YET MOST are sucking up the worlds version of love not the LOVE OF GOD NOR FOR GOD .
I have heard it said, never discuss religion or politics, if having lots of friends and avoiding family disputes is your goal in life.

People have all kinds of personalities…Loud, Prideful, Demanding, Anti-God, seems to be the most advocated, accepted, participating, going rage, and hate if one stands apart.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, gotcha. Agree.

I have heard it said, never discuss religion or politics, if having lots of friends and avoiding family disputes is your goal in life.

People have all kinds of personalities…Loud, Prideful, Demanding, Anti-God, seems to be the most advocated, accepted, participating, going rage, and hate if one stands apart.
I have heard it said that in this world ye shall be hated . If having lots of friends
and avoiding disputes in this life were my goal , then would i have had to long ago abandon Christ and the gospel .
As far as avoiding politics , ON THAT I MUST AGREE . But then i have no hope in politics or in men .
Be encouraged my friend . Our hope is in the LORD and His kingdom shall be preached .
The cost will be the cost , but at least some might hear and repent .
The only reason why any lamb is still here on earth is for one reason and one reason alone
To point too , to Honor and to glorify CHRIST JESUS in hopes that also others will hear and believe .
As we await the glorious coming of Christ Jesus . Now that is THE DAY the lambs look so very forward too .
And so long as we be here , we should desire souls to one day be there with us . Which means
we gonna point to the ONLY HOPE , the ONLY NAME there be whereby one may be saved .
A hint , it aint budda and or any other religion . ITS JESUS CHRIST and His teachings we gonna point too .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard it said that in this world ye shall be hated . If having lots of friends
and avoiding disputes in this life were my goal , then would i have had to long ago abandon Christ and the gospel .
As far as avoiding politics , ON THAT I MUST AGREE . But then i have no hope in politics or in men .
Be encouraged my friend . Our hope is in the LORD and His kingdom shall be preached .
The cost will be the cost , but at least some might hear and repent .
The only reason why any lamb is still here on earth is for one reason and one reason alone
To point too , to Honor and to glorify CHRIST JESUS in hopes that also others will hear and believe .
As we await the glorious coming of Christ Jesus . Now that is THE DAY the lambs look so very forward too .
And so long as we be here , we should desire souls to one day be there with us . Which means
we gonna point to the ONLY HOPE , the ONLY NAME there be whereby one may be saved .
A hint , it aint budda and or any other religion . ITS JESUS CHRIST and His teachings we gonna point too .
Jesus said it, inanutshell…paraphrasing…

#1 Love the Lord your God with the whole of you.
#2 Love People.

Love IS: Good, wholesome, righteous, truth, IN feeling and action.

God IS: Love. He is ABLE and WILLING to FORGIVE mans SIN AGAINST Him.

Man IS: The Created. His CHOICE is to SEEK Gods FORGIVENESS of “his” SIN AGAINST God…..
AND FORGIVE men of TRESPASSES men have Committed AGAINST that man.

God Bless,
Taken

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KENITE (Heb. קֵינִי), a large group of nomadic clans engaged chiefly in metal working. The root qyn has the same meaning in cognate Semitic languages, e.g., in Arabic qayna, "tinsmith," "craftsman"; in Syriac and Aramaic qyn'h, qyny, "metalsmith." In the Bible the word kayin (qayin) also means a weapon made of metal, probably a spear (II Sam. 21:16); and the proper noun "Tubal-Cain, who forged all the implements of copper and iron" (Gen. 4:22) is a compound name in which the second noun indicates the trade. There is a connection between this trade and the story of *Cain who wandered from place to place and was protected by a special sign: "Therefore, if anyone kills Cain, sevenfold vengeance shall be taken on him" (Gen. 4:15). Among primitive tribes to the present day there are clans of coppersmiths and tinsmiths whom it is considered a grave offense to harm.

The Kenites came from the south: Midian, Edom, and the Arabah. Hobab ( *Jethro ), son of Reuel the Midianite, who aided the Israelites in the desert and served as their pathfinder (Num. 10:29–32), was also known as the Kenite (Judg. 1:16; 4:11). Enoch, son of Cain (Gen. 4:17), is also mentioned among the Midianites (Gen. 25:4; I Chron. 1:33). Balaam's prophecy about the Kenites, "Though your abode be secure, and your nest be set among cliffs" (Num. 24:21) appears to be a reference to the mountains of Midian and Edom (cf. Obad. 3–4), and Sela ("cliffs") designates perhaps the Edomite mountain-fortress Sela (today al-Saʿl near Baṣrah) around which rich copper deposits were located. The house of Rechab, which had preserved traditions of the time of the Exodus, was related to the Kenites (I Chron. 2:55), and apparently also to Ir-Nahash and Ge-Harashim (I Chron. 4:12–14), modern Khirbet Naḥās ("copper ruin," or "ruin of the copper city") in the Arabah, a copper mining center.

The Kenites were enumerated among the early peoples of Canaan, together with the Kenizzites and the Kadmonites (Gen. 15:19). Relations between the Israelites and the Kenites were good, but B. Stade and others argued for Kenite influence on Moses and the religion of Israel. This "Kenite hypothesis" (updated by Halpern and by van der Toorn) holds that YHWH was not originally the God of the Hebrews and was not even known to the Hebrews. He was originally a Kenite tribal god who became known to Moses through his Kenite father-in-law, Jethro. Moses then made YHWH known to the Hebrews, who accepted Him as their God. As observed by van der Toorn, the Kenite hypothesis nicely accounts for the absence of Yahweh from earlier pantheons, Yahweh's link with Edom (Deut. 33:2), the Kenite connection of Moses, and the Bible's positive attitude to Kenites. The major problem comes from the current scholarly view that the majority of Israelites originated in Canaan and did not trek through the desert encountering Kenites all the way as the Bible would have it. The historical role of Moses is likewise problematic. Nonetheless, the important role of the Kenites in early Israelite worship has been emphasized by the discovery of an Israelite sanctuary at *Arad . This explains the note of Judges 1:16 about the Kenite family related to Moses (according to the Septuagint descendants, this venerated family served as priests in the sanctuary). They entered the region from the "city of palm trees," which cannot here indicate Jericho, but more likely refers to Zoar or Tamar in the northern part of the Arabah. Also, Heber, the Kenite husband or clan of Jael, who was at the time of the Deborah battle in northern Ereẓ Israel near Mount Tabor belonged to the Hobab family (Judg. 4:11). It is hardly incidental that they pitched their tent at the oak (Heb. eʾlon) in Zaanaim or Zaananim, evidently a holy tree. Their connection with early Yahwistic worship does not exclude the assumption that for a good part they made their livelihood as metal craftsmen (Judg. 5:26).

Other Kenite families evidently occupied the region in the south, centering around Arad. This is the Negev of the Kenites and the cities of the Kenites referred to in the stories from the time of David (I Sam. 27:10; 30:29). These settlements apparently included Kinah near Arad (Josh. 15:22), and possibly Kain on the border of the wilderness of Judah (15:57). In the same region were also found the Amalekites, who wandered in Edom, Sinai, and the Negev, and among whom the Kenites lived. According to the Septuagint, Judges 1:16 should read "and dwelt among the Amalekites" (MT, "among the people (ʿam)"). In view of the kindness the Kenites had shown to Israel during the Exodus (I Sam. 15:6), Saul gave them friendly warning before attacking the Amalekites.
kenite
Qayin (kah'-yin); the same as OT:7013 (with a play upon the affinity to OT:7069); Kajin, the name of the first child, also of a place in Palestine, and of an Oriental tribe:
KJV - Cain, Kenite (-s).

Answer: In the Hebrew Dictionary, and in a correct Strong's Concordance it's the word #7017 and it is 'sons of Cain', members of the tribe of Kenites. When the word Kenite is used, you simply are saying "Cain" in the Hebrew language.

kenite
Qeyniy (kay-nee'); or Qiyniy (1 Chron 2:55) (kee-nee'); patronymic from OT:7014; a Kenite or member of the tribe of Kajin - Kenite
KJV - Kenite.

*Your Strong's Concordance may not be accurate, newer versions leave information out. The Chapel has accurate copies available or see below for purchasing an accurate copy.

strongs1890kenite.jpg (65.62KiB)

kenite7017.jpg (44.49KiB)

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why spend 70 to 100 years building an ark when they could have just spent that time moving to the other side of the world.?
Good question :)

Well, as far as the inhabitants/earthlings were concerned, they thought it was a global flood. All people were killed except 8.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said it, inanutshell…paraphrasing…

#1 Love the Lord your God with the whole of you.
#2 Love People.

Love IS: Good, wholesome, righteous, truth, IN feeling and action.

God IS: Love. He is ABLE and WILLING to FORGIVE mans SIN AGAINST Him.

Man IS: The Created. His CHOICE is to SEEK Gods FORGIVENESS of “his” SIN AGAINST God…..
AND FORGIVE men of TRESPASSES men have Committed AGAINST that man.

God Bless,
Taken
Love IS , putting GOD first above all . Its not based on feelings , THOUGH the LOVE of GOD can surely rejoice our heart .
ITS based on whether or not it puts GOD first above all . THE ONLY way to know that
is to examine whether we are loving HIS WORDS in scripture .
Cause you have not seen GOD , no man has . HOW do we KNOW IF we truly do LOVE GOD .
That cannot be based on what FEELETH or SEEMETH right to a man .
IF SO , then everyones opinions and feelings are right and of GOD .
NOPE . DO YA LOVE WHAT HE INSPIRED . DO YOU LOVE HIS WORDS .
IF a man cliams to love GOD yet while claiming to do so HE praises the god who accepts his sin , DO YA REALLY THINK
HE LOVED GOD , OR did he really just love the image of god that agreed with his own desires .
TIME WE OPEN BIBLES and find out what god or GOD we been following all along .
NO lamb of GOD and of CHRIST would have the love of the world as its anchor . ANY LOVE
that supports any sin and SIN IS anything that contradicts GOD , HIS WORD and HIS words .
DISOBEDIANCE TO GOD IS SIN . The sooner we learn this the far BETTER OFF folks gonna be .
And instead of sitting under men who preached to us our flesh hearts desire
we would sit under CHRIST and such men as preached HIS WORDS . BIBLE TIME TAKEN .
AND beware for many men can say such things as i do , they can say BIBLE TIME
only when they say it , its HOW THEIR TEACHER taught it . BAD FRIGGEN NEWS FOR MANY WHO DO THAT .
BAD HORRENDOUS NEWS FOR MANY WHO DO THAT .
ITS TIME WE READ IT FOR OURSELVES .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That all depends on location, the area being spoken of is the Tarim Basim, which is shaped like a bowl. There is also much documentation from the Asians cultures about a flood that took place but did not reach them.

Moreover, in Genesis 4 we have the genealogy of Cain. (Kenites)
In Genesis 5 we have the genealogy of Adam.

If the flood was worldwide and destroyed everyone but 8 Adamic souls, you would no longer see the kenites mentioned in scripture.
But you do, this dismisses any notion of the flood being worldwide.
Well you assume Cain was the father of the kenites.

You wish to accept Asioan writings instead of the word of God? Okay!

Even a bowl shaped valley would not have all life killed. It would still flow over the tops and down the far sides of the hills.

What you are saying is the bible is a lie!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even a bowl shaped valley would not have all life killed. It would still flow over the tops and down the far sides of the hills.

Folks be believing in the history of men rather than the Word of GOD in the bible .
But not the lambs . Now hit the trenches for many have come to try and plant ideals that ought not to be followed nor beleived .
But the words of GOD , now that we shall believe . Stay dug in the bible my friend

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love IS , putting GOD first above all .
Yes. And WHY that is FIRST.
Its not based on feelings , THOUGH the LOVE of GOD can surely rejoice our heart .
ITS based on whether or not it puts GOD first above all . THE ONLY way to know that
is to examine whether we are loving HIS WORDS in scripture .
Cause you have not seen GOD , no man has . HOW do we KNOW IF we truly do LOVE GOD .
It’s a Freewill Decision and Choosing.

That cannot be based on what FEELETH or SEEMETH right to a man .
IF SO , then everyones opinions and feelings are right and of GOD .
NOPE . DO YA LOVE WHAT HE INSPIRED . DO YOU LOVE HIS WORDS .
Sure. His WORD IS Jesus.
Love His Spirit..(ALL Mighty Power?) Sure. His Power IS Christ.
IF a man cliams to love GOD yet while claiming to do so HE praises the god who accepts his sin , DO YA REALLY THINK
HE LOVED GOD , OR did he really just love the image of god that agreed with his own desires .
TIME WE OPEN BIBLES and find out what god or GOD we been following all along .
NO lamb of GOD and of CHRIST would have the love of the world as its anchor . ANY LOVE
that supports any sin and SIN IS anything that contradicts GOD , HIS WORD and HIS words .
DISOBEDIANCE TO GOD IS SIN . The sooner we learn this the far BETTER OFF folks gonna be .
And instead of sitting under men who preached to us our flesh hearts desire
we would sit under CHRIST and such men as preached HIS WORDS . BIBLE TIME TAKEN .
DAILY!

God Bless,
Taken

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I never said “all life was killed” What I am saying
Is merely what I believe.

And to reiterate,
Gen 7:19
19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven , were covered. (KJV)
Definitions for above:

earth: Hebrew word #776 'erets (eh'-rets); from an unused root probably meaning to be firm; the earth (at large, or partitively a land): KJV-- X common, country, earth, field, ground, land, X nations, way, + wilderness, world.

heaven: Hebrew word #8064 shamayim (shaw-mah'-yim); dual of an unused singular shameh (shaw-meh'); from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve): KJV-- air, X astrologer, heaven (-s).
I respect the right for people to believe…

•• That somehow the water necessary to cover the entire globe over the height of Mt. Everest (5½ miles above sea level!) fell upon the earth and then vanished.

•• That Noah's Ark, of which the Bible gives the dimensions of (the Sacred Cubit is approx 25' long; thus, the Ark was 625' long x 104' wide x 62' 5" high), was somehow large enough to house the hundreds of thousands of known species today (not to mention their food supply for a year, or the fact that they were taken by two's {unclean animals} and by sevens {clean animals} each - Gen7:2).

•• That from the eight white people on the Ark, in a matter of less that a thousand years, evolved all the different races (Black, Oriental, Hispanic..), and then they suddenly stopped evolving.

•• That the Kenites (sons of Cain from Gen 4:17-24) made it through the flood (to be found in 1st Chron 2:55, etc.), but were not with Noah's family on the Ark (good swimmers perhaps?).

•• That receding water from a single great flood could carve solid rock to the great depth of the grand canyon. (The Grand Canyon extends 277 miles. It is about 1 mile deep. The canyon varies in width from less than 1 mile to 18 miles).
-----------------------

I however believe​

•• That the reason for the Flood was solely to kill the Giants in Gen 6:1-8, whom were the abominable to God offspring of Adam's daughters and the fallen angels.

•• That the Flood was restricted to the area were Adam's tribe lived and where this mixing of human and angelic being was taking place (Gen 6:1-7).

•• That the Hebrew will allow for "earth" being rendered "land, region, country" (and is in other places in the Bible), and that also "heaven" can be rendered "the visible arch in the sky"for as far as the eye can see due to earth's curvature.

•• That the other races (Black, Asia, Hispanic, ...) were untouched by the flood as they lived in another part of the earth.

•• That the only animals taken onto the Ark were the animals that were found in the region of the Flood (seven of every clean animal, and two of every unclean animal).

•• That God, while he could, does not create Trillion x Trillionsof metric tons of water and then destroy it again a year later (as 'Young Earth' devotees explain away the amount of water necessary to cover the highest mountain ranges (Mt. Everest - 5½ miles above sea level).

•• That carbon 14 and the other elements of this great, God created earth and universe, act (and degrade) in the same fashion and at the same rate as when the Almighty created them (as 'Young Earth' devotees explain away the ancient dates of fossils).

•• And that solid rock exposed to the agitate action of water running across its face erodes at the same rate today that it did 4349 years ago (back to flood year). (The Grand Canyon is about 1 mile deep. The canyon varies in width from less than 1 mile to 18 miles).​
I would never call the Bible a lie. The Bible is the word of God… The word is God, and God is not a man that He should lie.