Watching the Senate hearing on Judge Barret.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I start by saying I am conservative as a Christian (which is first and foremost).
Having listened to over half of teh senators so far, I am so impressed with Sen. Lee and his opening statement.

He barely read anything but spoke freely and spoke to what a justice is to do, rule on the law and not on policy, feelings, or even how the people feel! I do not care a justices political philosophy as long as they will rule on the constitutionality of the case before it!

If the Democrats do not like if a SCOTUS rules a statute unconstitutional, then they should take it up in the peoples house and enact a law that will pass constitutional muster.

Sen. Whitehouse (D RI) lied through his teeth when he spoke of the big money on the right. all one has to do is look online and find that the biggest money is going to the left and the leftist causes.

I want Trump re-elected. Not because He is going to stop our nation from going deeper into the financial depression we are in ( as a believer I believe we are seeing Gods judgment on this nation), but because Trump could appoint more justices who will rule on the laws of the land and not make law or establish policy, which is the role of the legislative branch. It would be nice and maybe even reverse Gods actions against us as a very sinful people if 3/4 of our federal justices ruled on the law and not on philosophy.

I am saddened by teh senators on the left who are not speaking of her abilities as a judge, but making emotional appeals to their consituents who may not know that a judge is to rule impassionately but judicially.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I start by saying I am conservative as a Christian (which is first and foremost).
Having listened to over half of teh senators so far, I am so impressed with Sen. Lee and his opening statement.

He barely read anything but spoke freely and spoke to what a justice is to do, rule on the law and not on policy, feelings, or even how the people feel! I do not care a justices political philosophy as long as they will rule on the constitutionality of the case before it!

If the Democrats do not like if a SCOTUS rules a statute unconstitutional, then they should take it up in the peoples house and enact a law that will pass constitutional muster.

Sen. Whitehouse (D RI) lied through his teeth when he spoke of the big money on the right. all one has to do is look online and find that the biggest money is going to the left and the leftist causes.

I want Trump re-elected. Not because He is going to stop our nation from going deeper into the financial depression we are in ( as a believer I believe we are seeing Gods judgment on this nation), but because Trump could appoint more justices who will rule on the laws of the land and not make law or establish policy, which is the role of the legislative branch. It would be nice and maybe even reverse Gods actions against us as a very sinful people if 3/4 of our federal justices ruled on the law and not on philosophy.

I am saddened by teh senators on the left who are not speaking of her abilities as a judge, but making emotional appeals to their consituents who may not know that a judge is to rule impassionately but judicially.
I watched for awhile. I was impressed by her ability to keep a straight face considering some of the bizarre things Democrats were saying. Some of them sounded more like campaign speeches for Biden than insights about the qualifications of a Supreme Court justice.

I don’t know if she will make a good Supreme Court justice. I’m praying that God’s will is done.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched for awhile. I was impressed by her ability to keep a straight face considering some of the bizarre things Democrats were saying. Some of them sounded more like campaign speeches for Biden than insights about the qualifications of a Supreme Court justice.

I don’t know if she will make a good Supreme Court justice. I’m praying that God’s will is done.

I admire her ability to sit there and remain so stoic looking!

I think if it were me, I would be ripping apart the statements of most of the Dem. Senators for the raw attacks and political pandering things they are!

Based on her education and 3 years on the appellate court? I think she will make the kind of justice that was originally envisioned by the founders.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judge Barrett is an impressive person. I don't know how in the world she can sit there and listen to some of the nonsense being thrown at her. But she has remained poised and calm and has answered the questions very intelligently.

The senator from Hawaii just went on and on lecturing Judge Barrett about LGBT rights. She called Barrett out for using the term "sexual preference" because it's an outdated term.... :rolleyes:

(Edit: Tucker Carson showed videos tonight of the senator from Hawaii and Joe Biden both using the term "sexual preference." Some Democrats just keep getting more ridiculous.)

Of course, the issue of abortion has been front and center in the questioning. Hmm, I wonder why.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corrie Booker has been rudely interrupting Judge Barrett mid-sentence. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now, he's badgering her about discrimination cases and racial bias. She has been answering questions since 9:00 this morning. He hasn't. What a jerk!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know hardly anything about her, but my feelers are saying, Confirm!

:)
I know in the past I've been very disappointed at times by some SC judges, esp. ones appointed by conservative presidents. For instance, I was very upset that Roberts was the deciding factor in upholding the individual mandate in ObamaCare.

Reactions: rjs330

rjs330

Aug 3, 2020
Belgrade
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know in the past I've been very disappointed at times by some SC judges, esp. ones appointed by conservative presidents. For instance, I was very upset that Roberts was the deciding factor in upholding the individual mandate in ObamaCare.

I believe somewhere along the way Roberts lost his principles, if he ever had any. His ruling and excuses on Obama care was the start of his downfall. I stead of ruling Constitutionally he decided to go the political route. The evidence of that was his calling it a tax completely moving off the point of the proponents and the opponents. He just made it up for political convenience.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe somewhere along the way Roberts lost his principles, if he ever had any. His ruling and excuses on Obama care was the start of his downfall. I stead of ruling Constitutionally he decided to go the political route. The evidence of that was his calling it a tax completely moving off the point of the proponents and the opponents. He just made it up for political convenience.
Or possibly he was threatened by the powers that be? Who knows??

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I completely agree with Chief Justice Roberts when he said... "We do not have Obama judges or Trump judges, Bush judges or Clinton judges. What we have is an extraordinary group of dedicated judges doing their level best to do equal right to those appearing before them."

He further said... “That independent judiciary is something we should all be thankful for.” I completely agree with him on this point too.

Surely Amy Coney Barrett realizes this truth and she doesn't allow herself to be coerced by Trump or by any of his Republican allies. I hope she will stand up to Trump if he tries to push her. Also, I hope she keeps her word when she said she will be a fair and impartial Justice. Despite her statements, I'm still concerned she will turn into a conservative activist and she will allow her personal perspectives to cloud her judgment.

Here are some excerpts from her opening statement... She said the courts are "not designed to solve every problem or right every wrong in our public life" and she said, "The public should not expect the court to do so, and the court should not try." She also said, "If I am fortunate enough to be confirmed, I pledge to faithfully and impartially discharge my duties to the American people as an associate justice of the Supreme Court."

Amy Coney Barrett Says She Will Be An Impartial Justice In Opening Remarks

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I completely agree with Chief Justice Roberts when he said... "We do not have Obama judges or Trump judges, Bush judges or Clinton judges. What we have is an extraordinary group of dedicated judges doing their level best to do equal right to those appearing before them."

He further said... “That independent judiciary is something we should all be thankful for.” I completely agree with him on this point too.

Surely Amy Coney Barrett realizes this truth and she doesn't allow herself to be coerced by Trump or by any of his Republican allies. I hope she will stand up to Trump if he tries to push her. Also, I hope she keeps her word when she said she will be a fair and impartial Justice. Despite her statements, I'm still concerned she will turn into a conservative activist and she will allow her personal perspectives to cloud her judgment.

Here are some excerpts from her opening statement... She said the courts are "not designed to solve every problem or right every wrong in our public life" and she said, "The public should not expect the court to do so, and the court should not try." She also said, "If I am fortunate enough to be confirmed, I pledge to faithfully and impartially discharge my duties to the American people as an associate justice of the Supreme Court."

Yeah, I know what you mean about activist judges. I'm hoping and praying that the Court will overturn Roe v. Wade--the most activist decision ever passed down by the Court!!!!! And the most evil!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You and I see this very differently. It's the Democrats who have been the bullies and liars in these hearings. I think that she will need to be able to stand up to them just to make it through this week. :(

Last edited:

rjs330

Aug 3, 2020
Belgrade
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't believe Roberts is an activist judge. That's for sure. But he has shown himself to be a coward. His ruling on Obama care is just absurd and totally flies in the face of the constitution and his decision was based upon zero evidence or arguments by either side.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

rjs330

Aug 3, 2020
Belgrade
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I know what you mean about activist judges. I'm hoping and praying that the Court will overturn Roe v. Wade--the most activist decision ever passed down by the Court!!!!! And the most evil!
I don't really expect them to overturn Roe v Wade. Roberts is too cowardly to go against it. And he has already sold his soul on Obama Care.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't really expect them to overturn Roe v Wade. Roberts is too cowardly to go against it. And he has already sold his soul on Obama Care.
I'm hearing some prophecies about this. We will see if they are of God. It's hard to imagine this horrible decision ever being reversed, but I pray that it will be!