We are the Priests of Revelation 20

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If physical Israel had the chance of being a Kingdom of priests and then The Body of CHRIST had a royal priesthood, why are we assuming the priests of Revelation 20:6 are in the future?

Old Testament
Exo 19:5
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Exo 19:6
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

New Testament
1Pe 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

1Pe 2:10
Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Did you catch that? It just said we are the people of GOD now!!!

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

If physical Israel failed to become the kingdom of priests, then it is just stronger evidence that we are the Priests of Revelation 20.

The Martyrs lost their beast head ...and got Reborn to The Body of CHRIST ....with His Head.

WHAT DOES GOD NEED PRIESTS FOR IN SOME AGE THAT HE IS PHYSICALLY HERE? PREMILLENNIALISM DOESN’T MAKE SENSE.

post-page-header-kingdom-of-priests.jpg

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If physical Israel had the chance of being a Kingdom of priests and then The Body of CHRIST had a royal priesthood, why are we assuming the priests of Revelation 20:6 are in the future?

Old Testament
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

New Testament
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

If physical Israel failed to become the kingdom of priests, then it is just stronger evidence that we are the Priests of Revelation 20.

The Martyrs lost their beast head ...and got Reborn to The Body of CHRIST ....with His Head.

WHAT DOES GOD NEED PRIESTS FOR IN SOME AGE THAT HE IS PHYSICALLY HERE? PREMILLENNIALISM DOESN’T MAKE SENSE.

View attachment 21813
Is all you're saying that John does not make sense in Revelation 20, so we will just change Scripture so it will make sense? Sure, none of the OT makes sense. You should probably just make your own Bible like the Mormons and JW's that makes sense to you.

We don't use the Bible to show God makes sense. We use the Bible because we trust God, even if life does not make sense.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is all you're saying that John does not make sense in Revelation 20, so we will just change Scripture so it will make sense? Sure, none of the OT makes sense. You should probably just make your own Bible like the Mormons and JW's that makes sense to you.

We don't use the Bible to show God makes sense. We use the Bible because we trust God, even if life does not make sense.
You missed the point. Your Premillennialist doctrine doesn't make sense because scripture says we (the church) were made priests in Christ's kingdom ("a royal priesthood") long ago already (see 1 Peter 2:9-10 and Revelation 1:5-6). What does that tell you about how Revelation 20:6 should be interpreted in relation to the timing of people living and reigning with Christ as priests in His kingdom? Do you even think of these things? Try being objective for once and see what you discover.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed the point. Your Premillennialist doctrine doesn't make sense because scripture says we (the church) were made priests in Christ's kingdom ("a royal priesthood") long ago already (see 1 Peter 2:9-10 and Revelation 1:5-6). What does that tell you about how Revelation 20:6 should be interpreted in relation to the timing of people living and reigning with Christ as priests in His kingdom? Do you even think of these things? Try being objective for once and see what you discover.
I am objective. Those in Paradise currently have permanent incorruptible physical bodies. They are literally priest serving God day and night in that heavenly temple. Why do you still regard them as bodiless souls?

There will be a 1,000 year kingdom also on earth where perfection is normal and sin is abnormal. God's Word is about all I think about. I am not bound by human theology and doctrines of man. So if God's Word is ridiculous to you, it is because human understanding is clouding your discernment. It is only the part of God's Word your theology changes that is at issue.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina

Old Testament

New Testament

View attachment 21813

Those reigning with Christ in Revelation 20 were killed because of thier testimony of Jesus and then are resurrected.

Why would you even consider yourself equal to someone who marterd themself for Christ?
Do you think pounding at keys on a keyboard is the same as being murderd for preaching the gospel?
My goodness, try to brjng yourself back to reality.

The people in re elation 20 suffer terrible fates because they were doing as Jesus said. They were preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and were murderd for it and they died. Jesus brings them back to life at the resurection and they are rewarded for thier faithfulness.

Don't even try to say that all happened to you because you know it didn't.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those reigning with Christ in Revelation 20 were killed because of thier testimony of Jesus and then are resurrected.

Why would you even consider yourself equal to someone who marterd themself for Christ?
Do you think pounding at keys on a keyboard is the same as being murderd for preaching the gospel?
My goodness, try to brjng yourself back to reality.

The people in re elation 20 suffer terrible fates because they were doing as Jesus said. They were preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and were murderd for it and they died. Jesus brings them back to life at the resurection and they are rewarded for thier faithfulness.

Don't even try to say that all happened to you because you know it didn't.
It's like you don't know being Reborn is dying in CHRIST.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
It's as if you don't know what it it means to die for you testimony of Christ.
Revelation 20:4 Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Tell us now. We're you killed for preaching the gospel as Christ was killed?
And do you testify that you were resurrected from the dead and you now reign in the kingdom of heaven with Christ?

Do tell.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So not actually cutting one's head off? No! Being born again is the second birth, not a physical death, nor a physical resurrection. No one is reborn, that is reincarnation, and pagan theology. Reincarnation is not found in God's Word.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Rev 1:6 ESV]
and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.