What are the Mansions (Rooms), in the Father's House?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will it be our own spiritual habitat that Yahava rewards to individuals good and bad?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Will it be our own spiritual habitat that Yahava rewards to individuals good and bad?
Interesting that “mansions” really means “rooms”….”abodes” or dwelling places.
Jesus was addressing those who would rule with him in heaven…..these will have dwelling places in heaven.
Because they are chosen to be “kings and priests”, selected by God for that specific role, none of us can volunteer for a “room” in God’s kingdom……it is God who chooses his elect.

Those “chosen ones” will rule over redeemed earthly subjects, bringing them back to the conditions that we started with….unending life in paradise on earth…..it’s where God designed us to live. We are material beings, made to live on a material earth, which in turn is designed to sustain our lives indefinitely.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting that “mansions” really means “rooms”….”abodes” or dwelling places.
Jesus was addressing those who would rule with him in heaven…..these will have dwelling places in heaven.
Because they are chosen to be “kings and priests”, selected by God for that specific role, none of us can volunteer for a “room” in God’s kingdom……it is God who chooses his elect.

Those “chosen ones” will rule over redeemed earthly subjects, bringing them back to the conditions that we started with….unending life in paradise on earth…..it’s where God designed us to live. We are material beings, made to live on a material earth, which in turn is designed to sustain our lives indefinitely.
Thank you for always being willing to share your subjective beliefs, Aunty Jane. I do disagree with you in some areas, but that is okay. :)

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do you relegate abiding in Christ to a future age? John 15 (abide in Me and I in you) continues after the John 14 description of being where Jesus is.

The "where I am" is an eternal place. There is no time there. Jesus didn't say..."where I will be when I ascend to heaven after My resurrection." That's how most people understand it. But Jesus was talking about His present location....in the Spirit.

Jesus said...before Abraham was...I am....not I will be.

John is very spiritual in his writings about Jesus. Far more so than most are able to perceive.

The most famous verse about eternal life....John 3:16 s not a religious formula as so many make it out to be. No, it is spiritual. It is That whoever believes INTO Him has eternal life. Where is that? Jesus is in Zion...in the heavenly kingdom realm of the Spirit.

That all sounds fantastical...just like the existence of electricity, magnetism, gravity, and the speed of light. But the eternal kingdom realm is in our midst. Jesus wants to have us live there as a primary abode...our conversation (citizenship) is in heaven.

Do we know how to seek first the kingdom? Do we even believe there is a kingdom we can be translated by grace through faith into?

Jesus said to the Pharisees...

You shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither you cannot come. 34 You will seek me and you will not find me. Where I am you cannot come."

It's not...where "I will be" you cannot come. Jesus was already in the place where His disciples would follow Him to. A physical place? No....a spiritual place. An eternal place...called the kingdom of heaven.

That was always and continues to be where Jesus is.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you relegate abiding in Christ to a future age? John 15 (abide in Me and I in you) continues after the John 14 description of being where Jesus is.

The "where I am" is an eternal place. There is no time there. Jesus didn't say..."where I will be when I ascend to heaven after My resurrection." That's how most people understand it. But Jesus was talking about His present location....in the Spirit.

John is very spiritual in his writings about Jesus. Far more so than most are able to perceive.

The most famous verse about eternal life....John 3:16 s not a religious formula as so many make it out to be. No, it is spiritual. It is That whoever believes INTO Him has eternal life. Where is that? Jesus is in Zion...in the heavenly kingdom realm of the Spirit.

That all sounds fantastical...just like the existence of electricity, magnetism, gravity, and the speed of light. But the eternal kingdom realm is in our midst. Jesus wants to have us live there as a primary abode...our conversation (citizenship) is in heaven.

Do we know how to seek first the kingdom? Do we even believe there is a kingdom we can be translated by grace through faith into?

You shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither you cannot come. 34 You will seek me and you will not find me. Where I am you cannot come."

It's not...where "I will be" you cannot come. Jesus was already in the place where His disciples would follow Him to. A physical place? No....a spiritual place. An eternal place...called the kingdom of heaven.

Hello Episkopos,

There will be a time when death occurs, and then judgement, for good and bad people. Rewards will be given and different glories are what Paul described just as the stars at night. Thank you for sharing what you believed needed to be shared, I do not agree with everything you teach either, and that is okay. I thank you again for sharing what you believe needs to be, as I love you, and Aunty Jane, and others on this board even if we disagree.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Episkopos,

There will be a time when death occurs, and then judgement, for good and bad people. Rewards will be given and different glories are what Paul described just as the stars at night. Thank you for sharing what you believed needed to be shared, I do not agree with everything you teach either, and that is okay. I thank you again for sharing what you believe needs to be, as I love you, and Aunty Jane, and others on this board even if we disagree.
There is also a time called NOW where we can turn to the living God and enter into Christ. Hope is about the future. Faith is what you do right now.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is also a time called NOW where we can turn to the living God and enter into Christ. Hope is about the future. Faith is what you do right now.
This is a subject about dealing with what Jesus means about the rooms that are in his Fathers house.

You remind me of the scripture that talks about "If you hear his voice today, do not harden your hearts."

However, when is now when it comes to death but when it happens? Already seasoned persons of the way, knows about dying to sin, by the nature of the flesh, and living by the spirit becoming alive unto Yahava. However, when is now when it comes to death of life here on earth? Perhaps when it happens, that would be my answer.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do apologize, @Episkopos. I was offended because you decided to comment by your opening statement. I believe yes, you are to abide in Christ today, perhaps that was just something you did not know about me personally, as have been learning the bible now for a long while. That credit of course goes to God, Yahava, the one whom adopts us as his Children, and gives us the ability by believing on his Son the power --- to become --- Sons or daughters of God if we abide in him. One day everyone will die their own individual death, and according to Jesus there is a resurrection of condemnation, and resurrection of life, there are many rooms in his Fathers house. That room, mansion must pertain to the spiritual body that is obtained, however not everyone is going to be going straight into the Kingdom, and your teaching here, has nothing wrong it it. What the people in the past hoped for they never seen but hoped, but they realized they were strangers and forginers here on earth, and that their home was in the heaven with Yahava. Praise God for his Son and that he had the victory over all things! However, people do make the choice of course as you were lead to write about, which is of course today, and every day after that until they die. Even a mustard seed of faith, shows a person either showing trust in Yahava who, by his Word created all things, or have faith on the death, burial, and resurrection and walk in newness of life.

Reactions: Laurina

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

In the Heavenly Realm, there seem to be different glories of the spiritual bodies that will be given by God, it will be a reward dependant on what you decide to do with your own life. What normally seems to be taught (though I do not know for sure), everyone will be the same. However remember when God had changed abraham's name, you probably will receive a new name as well possibly, I do not know for sure. Though because of these differing glories, there is a resurrection of condemnation, resurrection of life, and their is resurrection of the dead (which better than the original given resurrection of life), that comes at a cost of suffering for Christ as you live out your days for him, Paul mentioned this in Philippians. It's not a common teaching I do not believe.

Philippians 3:10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and [a]the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; 11 if somehow I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12 Not that I have already [b]grasped it all or have already become perfect, but I press on if I may also take hold of that [c]for which I was even taken hold of by Christ Jesus. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not regard myself as having taken hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do apologize, @Episkopos. I was offended because you decided to comment by your opening statement. I believe yes, you are to abide in Christ today, perhaps that was just something you did not know about me personally, as have been learning the bible now for a long while. That credit of course goes to God, Yahava, the one whom adopts us as his Children, and gives us the ability by believing on his Son the power --- to become --- Sons or daughters of God if we abide in him. One day everyone will die their own individual death, and according to Jesus there is a resurrection of condemnation, and resurrection of life, there are many rooms in his Fathers house. That room, mansion must pertain to the spiritual body that is obtained, however not everyone is going to be going straight into the Kingdom, and your teaching here, has nothing wrong it it. What the people in the past hoped for they never seen but hoped, but they realized they were strangers and forginers here on earth, and that their home was in the heaven with Yahava. Praise God for his Son and that he had the victory over all things! However, people do make the choice of course as you were lead to write about, which is of course today, and every day after that until they die. Even a mustard seed of faith, shows a person either showing trust in Yahava who, by his Word created all things, or have faith on the death, burial, and resurrection and walk in newness of life.
Hey MG....no problem! I was just showing that Jesus was speaking of the same thing in both John 14 and 15. What I see is that hope gets mixed up with faith.

The book of John is not well understood...all those verses about eternal life. When people approach eternal life as something future...they miss the whole point of John's gospel. Eternal life is a KIND of life...not just a duration. We have access NOW into eternal life by grace through faith INTO the abiding place in heaven.

Heaven is only for now. The next age is on earth, not in heaven. Eternity is NOT in heaven. As such there is no future abiding place in Christ ...... one enters into Christ to abide in Him right now.

:)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey MG....no problem! I was just showing that Jesus was speaking of the same thing in both John 14 and 15. What I see is that hope gets mixed up with faith.

The book of John is not well understood...all those verses about eternal life. When people approach eternal life as something future...they miss the whole point of John's gospel. Eternal life is a KIND of life...not just a duration. We have access NOW into eternal life by grace through faith INTO the abiding place in heaven.

Heaven is only for now. The next age is on earth, not in heaven. Eternity is NOT in heaven. As such there is no future abiding place in Christ ...... one enters into Christ to abide in Him right now.

:)

Thank you for understanding, and sharing. From what is understood from my point of view, is that faith, hope, and love is all part of the realm of becoming a follower of the way. To me, my hope is to go and be in the kingdom of God after this life, while being adopted into it by faith now, which resides in the heart that only Yahava can see. I do not see personally any reason to come back to earth, as God is spirit. When we leave this life, and die, we are judged and as Revelation 21-22 points out it seems to me that there is an outside, and a inside to the Kingdom. I could be wrong, and all the best to you. :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any more ideas, opinions, or insights from anyone?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a subject about dealing with what Jesus means about the rooms that are in his Fathers house.

You remind me of the scripture that talks about "If you hear his voice today, do not harden your hearts."

However, when is now when it comes to death but when it happens? Already seasoned persons of the way, knows about dying to sin, by the nature of the flesh, and living by the spirit becoming alive unto Yahava. However, when is now when it comes to death of life here on earth? Perhaps when it happens, that would be my answer.
May not a person be dead to sin now before the dirt is shoveled over his face?

Where was Jesus in the following verse apparently prior to being crucified?

Joh 17:11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Joh 17:12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
When did Jesus leave the world? When are we likewise, if ever, able to leave the world?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me mansions or room is I go to prepare a place for you in hearts. “Oh you Corinthians, Our mouth is open and our hearts are enlarged unto you. …be you also enlarged.” Or mansions/rooms could be the mind …the Mind of Christ. Could be I go prepare a place for you in the Kingdom of God. Where is the Kingdom of God? He came and they refused to receive Him into their hearts and mind for there was no room for Him. It says there was no room for Him in the inn. Is that just a fable about inns and stables where there was no room for Him in the inn and instead He was born in a feed stable with the animals? “My Word has no place in you.” Then it’s a promise of God to create room for you. But also a promise He will make room for Himself in your own heart and mind so that His words have a place(room) in you. To enlarge or increase or build up. How many times has someone shunned you or rejected you and you realize, that you have no place in their heart. “if it were not true I would have told you. I go to prepare (create) room for you.” We look… for new heavens and earth…within the House God builds. Is that looking for New Births? A new creation? Would we receive it or would there be no room for the New Creation? I don’t think so because He said if it were not true I would have told you, I go to prepare room for you. A house built of God where He had to go make ready to receive all the promises (Life in the Resurrection of Christ); so many promises He had to go make room enough to receive it all. In Spirit. For no man built “house” has enough room to receive all the promises (abundance), as He said the carnal man cannot receive the promises because to him they are foolish. Whose foolish? Whose “they” are foolish to them?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what are your own answers @amadeus
May not a person be dead to sin now before the dirt is shoveled over his face?
I try not to limit God in this. I believe that that Jesus overcame the temptations which when followed lead a man to sin in a final battle in accord with this verse when for the third time he asked his father for help:

Mt 26:39And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
From there he went to here... an overcomer:

Joh 16:33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Where was Jesus in the following verse apparently prior to being crucified?

Joh 17:11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Joh 17:12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
When did Jesus leave the world? When are we likewise, if ever, able to leave the world?
Jesus "left" world of temptation. We are still in it, still being tempted and still sometime failing and sinning one more time. By the Holy Spirit the Way is open to overcome temptation finally and stop sinning... prior to natural death.

Mr 10:27And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Yes impossible for man alone, but for God working within man?

Col 1:27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Reactions: MatthewG