What Are we Getting Saved From?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither are you. So what?

I'm not a JW, but I do have a copy of the NWT (a friend gave it to me - he had bought it in a secondhand shop). Have you read it? I'm sure Aunty Jane knows that NWT stands for 'New World Translation (of the Holy Scriptures)'. Again, so what's your point?
I know what the NWT says. JW's don't even believe their own bible. But they LOVE trying to rewrite the Christian Bible.

Last edited:
Reactions: teamventure

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You twisted scripture I posted in post #510
You will be held accountable to God for twisting his word.
Why not come out of the closet the whole way and let us know your a JW.
You are one ignorant excuse for a Christian in saying things like this.....you say these things with no evidence that they are even true.
Where on earth does this bigotry come from? You seem obsessed with Jehovah’s Witnesses for some reason, but have you ever bothered to find out if what opposers say about them is even true?

Imagine if you were a Jew in Jesus’ day....you would have been with crowd crying out for his execution!
You would have believed everything horrible thing the Pharisees said about him. Who appointed you as judge?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are one ignorant excuse for a Christian in saying things like this.....you say these things with no evidence that they are even true.
Where on earth does this bigotry come from? You seem obsessed with Jehovah’s Witnesses for some reason, but have you ever bothered to find out if what opposers say about them is even true?

Imagine if you were a Jew in Jesus’ day....you would have been with crowd crying out for his execution!
You would have believed everything horrible thing the Pharisees said about him. Who appointed you as judge?
You're not qualified to rewrite the Christian Bible! Please STOP!!!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know what the NWT says. JW's don't even believe their own bible. But they LOVE trying to rewrite the Christian Bible.
Another ignoramus!
indifferent0018.gif

What does the NWT say? Please tell me what it is that you think they don't believe in their own Bible?
Rewriting the Christian Bible....where?
Or do you just like the sound of your own voice? :IDK:
Good grief!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another ignoramus!
indifferent0018.gif
Wow, is this allowed here?
What does the NWT say? Please tell me what it is that you think they don't believe in their own Bible?
The NWT says that Jesus is God and Hell fire is eternal. Haven't you read the NWT?
Don't you read your own posts? That's what Kingdom Hall has programmed JW's to do!
Good grief!
Oh my, more personal insults!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
JW's don't even believe their own bible. But they LOVE trying to rewrite the Christian Bible.
What evidence do you have to support that? This is just more slander.

Psalms 15:1-3 (WEB):
(1) A Psalm by David. Yahweh, who shall dwell in your sanctuary? Who shall live on your holy hill?
(2) He who walks blamelessly does what is right, and speaks truth in his heart;
(3) He who doesn’t slander with his tongue, nor does evil to his friend, nor casts slurs against his fellow man;​
Ephesians 4:31-32 (WEB):
(31) Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, outcry, and slander, be put away from you, with all malice.
(32) And be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving each other, just as God also in Christ forgave you.​

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(1) A Psalm by David. Yahweh, who shall dwell in your sanctuary? Who shall live on your holy hill?
(3) He who doesn’t slander with his tongue, nor does evil to his friend, nor casts slurs against his fellow man;​
(31) Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, outcry, and slander, be put away from you, with all malice.
(32) And be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving each other, just as God also in Christ forgave you.​
Wow! How JW! Are you sure you're not JW?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Please confess that Jesus is God and Hell fire is everlasting. Then some of us might believe you're not JW.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Are we Getting Saved From?
OP^

SAVED FROM ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM GOD.

Glory to God,
Taken

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011

Why don't you come out of the closet already. You're a Jehovas witness too.
Atleast I'm actually a christian and not part of a cult.
Btw you're the most hateful person on this thread so your point makes you a hypocrite.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Another ignoramus!
indifferent0018.gif

Good grief!

You're in deniel and defending a cult.
Def not a christian.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're in deniel and defending a cult.
Def not a christian.
Who appointed you as judge?

Matthew 7:1-5...
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. (NKJV)

Your accusations are empty.....where is the proof that JW’s have altered the Bible?
You parrot off what someone told you, without a single example of how you think they have done what you and others accuse them of doing. What is this obsession?

Present your evidence and discuss.....or can’t you?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're not qualified to rewrite the Christian Bible! Please STOP!!!

Posts like this have got me thinking about starting a thread, what the NWT Bible has correct? I'm not too familair with the JW translation but it is clear they got Jehovah correct. I am grateful to @Aunty Jane about many things in her posting on these boards. One is teaching me that God's name, translated into English Jehovah, is in the Bible 7,000 times.

I think any author would not be happy if his name was removed from his book. What do you think? For instance, check out Ps 110:1 from Psalm 110:1-7 | The New World Translation (Study Edition) | NWT Study Bible (jw.org).
Jehovah declared to my Lord:“Sit at my right hand
Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet..

It shows our lord and Jehovah are 2 Beings. Not only is one talking to another, one is seated at the other's side. I think this is the gist of the verse in all translations, even if they diss the LORD God by using his title rather than his personal name. I don't get what all the animosity is about regarding our fellow Christian brothers and sisters. Sometimes Aunty Jane and I don't agree but that is how it is with all siblings. Mostly we get along as we all should. :)

Make A Blessed Day

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Who appointed you as judge?

Matthew 7:1-5...
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. (NKJV)

Your accusations are empty.....where is the proof that JW’s have altered the Bible?
You parrot off what someone told you, without a single example of how you think they have done what you and others accuse them of doing. What is this obsession?

Present your evidence and discuss.....or can’t you?

I didn't sat that JWs altered the Bible.
That is a strawman fallacy.
But I would be inclined to believe those who say they did over your word.

JW is false and not part of the Christian faith. If you're not JW why do you defendnd it?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Posts like this have got me thinking about starting a thread, what the NWT Bible has correct? I'm not too familair with the JW translation but it is clear they got Jehovah correct. I am grateful to @Aunty Jane about many things in her posting on these boards. One is teaching me that God's name, translated into English Jehovah, is in the Bible 7,000 times.

I think any author would not be happy if his name was removed from his book. What do you think? For instance, check out Ps 110:1 from Psalm 110:1-7 | The New World Translation (Study Edition) | NWT Study Bible (jw.org).
Jehovah declared to my Lord:“Sit at my right hand
Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet..

It shows our lord and Jehovah are 2 Beings. Not only is one talking to another, one is seated at the other's side. I think this is the gist of the verse in all translations, even if they diss the LORD God by using his title rather than his personal name. I don't get what all the animosity is about regarding our fellow Christian brothers and sisters. Sometimes Aunty Jane and I don't agree but that is how it is with all siblings. Mostly we get along as we all should. :)

Make A Blessed Day

They are not fellow Christians if they are JW. JW is not part of the faith.
Paul called out false teachers by name. Would you say Paul had animosity?