What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ark of the covenant was wood covered with gold. It was layered gold, wood, gold. It is a picture of Jesus. Jesus was God (gold) became a man (wood) then ascended to the Father ( gold) He is a man. He was fully human. He is also God the Son.

The ark was gold. It was not God.

The ark was a container and in that much, it was like Jesus-- a vessel. But surely not God.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know all the intracate details about the Trinity or if Jesus set his divinity aside during his earthly ministry or not. I only know what the Bible teaches. Knowledge of all the mysteries of the Godhead are not required for salvation. I think you could call Jesus God in the flesh.

Yes-- God "in" the flesh. In the same way you could call the ark-- God "in" a box.

Was God really in the ark? No.... just His word was. It's another image given to help us understand.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
God was manifest in the flesh.....Jesus was Son of Man and Son of God. Your argument is with the scriptures and with God....suggest you ask Him for understanding. If you know Him then ASK Him, if you don't know Him then seek Him. Jesus said except you be born again of the Spirit you cannot enter the kingdom of God.
@Lizbeth The glorious Incarnation is deeply Scriptural....... John 1.14; Colossians 2.9; 1 Timothy 3.16..........

Reactions: Lizbeth

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just reference the verse that reads something like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit who are co-equal, co-substantial and co-eternal - and if you do not believe this, you cannot be saved but are damned to hell forever. And stop your belly aching.

If there were such a verse, it would be the most quoted verse in Scripture. Instead, advocates have the audacity to balk when asked what verse states their doctrine. The concept of the trinity is so important that in 66 books, it is not mentioned once! Cricket. Cricket.

Excuse ME! You are a crude person!

You believe what you will and follow whom you choose, I answer to the ONE AND ONLY GOD !

Instead of trying to stomp my head, have you read all my post?
Or did this one light up your hemorrhoid?

God IS NOT 3 PERSONS!
He however can show unto ppl what he desires from us in anyway he chooses. He is still letting asses talk, they only have 2 legs now !

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The one with erroneous teachings is you friend.
The amazing thing is that I use verifiable Jewish sources to prove the Triune Godhead, but you don't make an effort to actually listen, and THEN debunk these scholars.
I might look stupid, but I ain't stupid.

You have knocked Messiah off His rightful throne and made Him a creature, an image who is in need of a God, your belief is foreign to scriptures.
No more dialogue, we are all growing older, one foot in the grave, and the other in the basileia...but it is sad if everyone here is a "scholar" and in no need of correction.
Shalom to you and family.

Jesus hasn’t been knocked off his throne by me or anyone else.

My God is his God. Your God is the Trinity.

Our God isn’t your God.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Lizbeth The glorious Incarnation is deeply Scriptural....... John 1.14; Colossians 2.9; 1 Timothy 3.16..........
I hear you @farouk, how many heteros "voices" are you hearing, sounding, reverberating from this forum?

Gal 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—
Gal 1:7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

Love the scripture quotations

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
He said we should baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. He repeatedly referred to The Father and told the disciples the Holy Spirit would come.

That doesn’t make Jesus himself the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

When baptisms are done in the New Testament they were done in the name of Jesus.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus hasn’t been knocked off his throne by me or anyone else.

My God is his God. Your God is the Trinity.

Our God isn’t your God.
Rom 14:8

for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.
Rom 14:9

For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Jesus is Lord

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Excuse ME! You are a crude person!

You believe what you will and follow whom you choose, I answer to the ONE AND ONLY GOD !

Instead of trying to stomp my head, have you read all my post?
Or did this one light up your hemorrhoid?

God IS NOT 3 PERSONS!
He however can show unto ppl what he desires from us in anyway he chooses. He is still letting asses talk, they only have 2 legs now !

I agree with you that “God is not 3 persons!”

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Rom 14:8

for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.
Rom 14:9

For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Lord - he is the Lord Messiah - but that doesn’t make him his God, nor does it make him Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn’t make Jesus himself the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

When baptisms are done in the New Testament they were done in the name of Jesus.
What does that tell you? What is the name of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit?

Reactions: Johann

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen, it absolutely is. Jesus, when He was "in the form of God" thought it not robbery to be equal to God, the second Adam is "the Lord from heaven", Jesus praying to the Father, "now glorify me with the glory I had with you before the world began"......it's everywhere in the word of God. It shows you how this is a spiritual battle more than an intellectual one, when some can be blind to what is plainly set before them. Or as someone suggested, hearts are hardened against the truth. Or perhaps vested interest in a particular point of view, or trusting in man/church over the Lord, or too proud to change one's mind...etc.

Reactions: RLT63 and farouk

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What does that tell you?

It tells me that “name” doesn’t mean a personal name; it’s not a baptismal formula. (If it was, those who baptized would have invoked it and we would be reading it in scripture.)

What is the name of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit?

The Father’s name is Yahweh. The Son’s name is Jesus. The Holy Spirit has no name.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse ME! You are a crude person! … He is still letting asses talk, they only have 2 legs now !
Wow! Project much?!

If you don’t have a verse in 66 books that directly teaches your dogma, AND IF you had the fruit of the Spirit, including humility and self control, you’d simply humbly admit you believe what is not there, not call people names.

Make a blessed day!

Last edited:
Reactions: Michiah-Imla
Status
Not open for further replies.