What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s awe inspiring how you make things up as you go. YHWH clearly, directly and repeatedly started that he alone is God. Now all a sudden you invent 3 Scriptural fictions:
  1. God, an eternal Spirit, ever was in the flesh, that died.
  2. In such a state, YHWH would only hint at this truth out of not wanting to be accused of boasting.
  3. One has to believe this in order to be saved.
The only thing you have to believe is Jesus is the doorway. Your 3rd statement is your opinion

There is One Saviour God

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing you have to believe is Jesus is the doorway. … There is One Saviour God

Agreed. What do you think of agency in relation to the Great Commission?

I believe Jesus is the gate to God. Lately, I’ve been pondering the notion of agency in Scripture. Do you believe the One Saviour God calls on agents to assist in his plan for salvation, which explains the Great Commission?

Reactions: BeyondET

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. What do you think of agency in relation to the Great Commission?

I believe Jesus is the gate to God. Lately, I’ve been pondering the notion of agency in Scripture. Do you believe the One Saviour God calls on agents to assist in his plan for salvation, which explains the Great Commission?
When you say Great Commission it is kind of a coined statement but agents are commissioned to do, who they are and that’s what makes it great.

Reactions: Wrangler

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:17
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do you say the soul of Christ?. God didn't send the Sons soul.

Gal 4:6
And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”

I think the difference between the spirit and the soul is for another topic.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow did I say never here, I see you like putting words in people's mouth.

Well, think of it this way. If Jesus was a man sent by God. And I believe he was not that. Then I think it would be fair to say that I never believed Jesus was here.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God can forgive sins, pay the penalty for sin, if Jesus was only human he would be just a good teacher not a saviour.

Do you have a verse that says only God can forgive sins? Because I can think right off the top of my head that Jesus said a few times that the son of man can forgive sins.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, think of it this way. If Jesus was a man sent by God. And I believe he was not that. Then I think it would be fair to say that I never believed Jesus was here.
I dont believe God sent a man but prepared a vessel in the likeness and image of Himself God.

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.
3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
The Son Superior to Angels
5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father” ? Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son” ?
6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.”
7 In speaking of the angels he says, “He makes his angels spirits, and his servants flames of fire.”
8 But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.

These words were written by an expert in the old testament, the sort of thing you anti-trinitarians fancy yourselves to be (in your wildest dreams of intellectual sufficiency) to the Hebrew community, just about all of whom could quote the kagrram to you from beginning to end. If you can take the tar pitch off your retinas and read it unfiltered by your "cults" factory rebuild blindfilters you might have some hope of actually attaining unto a saving faith. I certainly will pray that you will. All of us will.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely is because Jesus didn't have a soul and the spirit He is the Spirit of Christ.

Oh was it you that said Jesus did not have a soul and then I said oh that's a new one... Jesus was never here. Then you said I was putting words in your mouth. Was that you? Well, if someone does not have a soul then there not here.

Reactions: BeyondET

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well some don't see it as three in One God but One God and Jesus being the Son but not equal to God that's what most trinitarian believe not in one God all three.
Well, Jesus doesn't equal God the Father exactly since he is a different person, but he's not like lower in rank or something like that. He's very God of very God being of one substance with the Father, just God the Son not God the Father.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Defending the truth and exposing heresy is not forcing views. It’s following the scriptural principle:

“…ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.” (Jude 1:3)

Contend, not debate.

This is why Christianity is a mess this day. No one strives for truth. They just “express each other’s views” and rather get along with everyone then suffer persecution for the truth.

Put me down for persecution for the truth.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Jesus doesn't equal God the Father exactly since he is a different person, but he's not like lower in rank or something like that. He's very God of very God being of one substance with the Father, just God the Son not God the Father.
There is subordination within the Trinity.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites: And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them: That his heart be not lifted up above his brethren, and that he turn not aside from the commandment, to the right hand, or to the left…” (Deuteronomy 17:18-20)

Do you have a verse on that in the New Testament that started in Acts chapter 2?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it was Luther who once said when we approach the Bible, it's like harvesting apples: first walk up and pick up what's lying around, next we shake the tree and collect what drops, then we reach up and pick what's in arm's reach, then we climb the tree and grab what we can, then we shimmy out on the branches and grab more still, then we look behind and around and under the leaves for those not in plain sight.

If a child can understand "it" - the Bible - why does Paul say it contains both "milk" and also "meat"? Certainly, this indicates both elementary and advanced learning, right? In the same way a light that grows brighter and brighter reveals more and more the infinite darkness that surrounds us, so it is that any gain in knowledge of God should serve to further show finite men more of His infiniteness.

A child can understand it. You have to grown and go to school and be educated into making it difficult.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all.

It just reinforces the Spirit and keeps the flesh dead.

And to think that one can stop reading because he thinks he knows it all is prideful. You may have some recollection of general things in the scripture, but perhaps some details here and there have escaped you unawares.

The Spirit needs the word of God for nourishment.

Feed it.

Get back to reading and hearing.

Think of it like a map that teaches you how to get someplace or a book that teaches you how to fix a car engine. Once you learned how to get there or fix it is when you no longer need the book.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are problems with trinitarian theology.

For myself, I couldn’t with a clear conscience claim to be trinitarian while at the same time rejecting what trinitarianism teaches.
You are right, there are problems with the core creedal concepts of trinitarian doctrine, just don't throw out the baby etc. There is also truth in trinitarianism. Rejecting the whole for the sake of some error is a mistake. Accepting the whole for the sake of some truth is also error. Accept what agrees with scripture, discard the the man inspired assumptions made on the basis of what scripture says.

Status
Not open for further replies.