What day was water created on and why is it not on the new earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have. It still tells us the facts of the matter. It's not as though the Bible doesn't contain propositional truth.
Mark 4:34 reads:
"But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples."
verses 10-13 reads:
10) And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.
11) And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
12) That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them,
13) And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will you know all parables?

BTW, a parable is an earthly story with a heavenly meaning.

To God Be The Glory

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As with all that is in Scripture, I simply take it like I find it.

My POV is expressed by the direct quotation of Scripture alone, in the standard way language is understood. I don't find any reason to see it any other way.

Much love!

I choose to reason on scriptures, not just quote scripture. Acts 17:1-3

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 4:34 reads:
"But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples."
verses 10-13 reads:
10) And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.
11) And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
12) That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them,
13) And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will you know all parables?

BTW, a parable is an earthly story with a heavenly meaning.

To God Be The Glory
Is your idea that the Bible only speaks in parables?

This passage you've quoted, to some He spoke in parables, to His disciples He expounded all things. And even to the others, there was a time when Jesus taught plainly, and then He changed His teaching to only in parables. Right?

Do we take the narrative portions of Scripture and declare them parables, and then interpret them into something else? What is the authority to do so? That Jesus as some times taught in parables?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I choose to reason on scriptures, not just quote scripture. Acts 17:1-3
I regret if I somehow fall short in your eyes because I believe a passage of Scripture exactly as it's written, but I have no mind to change that. The thing is, we are called to unity in the faith and knowledge of the Son of God, Jesus.

If we are to have unity this way, how then shall we understand the Bible? As a series of parables lacking interpretation, leaving us to devise 30,000 denominations to accomodate all the different personal views? Or as primarily propositional statements, except as noted, so that we read it, believe it, and since we read the same thing, we believe the same thing?

I think there is much reasoning to do, first, we must come to some agreement about what we are looking at.

Much love!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is your idea that the Bible only speaks in parables?
No, not by any means.

Psalms 78:1-2 reads:
1) Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
2) I will open mt mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old

You've conveyed to @BARNEY BRIGHT these words, "I regret if I somehow fall short in your eyes because I believe a passage of Scripture exactly as it's written."

Well, now you must decide whether Psalms 78 above is Scripture.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not by any means.

Psalms 78:1-2 reads:
1) Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
2) I will open mt mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old

You've conveyed to @BARNEY BRIGHT these words, "I regret if I somehow fall short in your eyes because I believe a passage of Scripture exactly as it's written."

Well, now you must decide whether Psalms 78 above is Scripture.

To God Be The Glory
Of course it's Scritpure but I don't understand what point you are making. Not everything in the Bible is a parable, we agreed there. So what remains is to determine what is and is not parable. My thinking is that parables in the Bible are identified as such.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What day do you think water was created on? Why was it not frozen before the sun was created? Why does it say no sea in the new earth.

I already know what I believe and I’ll post it after work. Just curious what do y’all believe. One clue is chaos.

I like the direction but…I think it would be better to start from earlier. How is it that God said let there be light and it was days before the creation of the sun?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe that the waters were created on the second day?

when I read genesis 1 I see this.

Genesis 1
New American Standard Bible

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 And the earth was a formless and desolate emptiness, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.

Verse one is a introduction statement. It’s stating the events that are about to happen. It’s saying Yahweh created the world and the cosmos.

But it mentions that the earth was formless and void. It was covered in darkness and water. No land to be seen. The water was already there. Part of this is because of how ancient Jewish people believed. When we think of nothingness we imagine something like a Hollywood video of a person in a 2d white or black world. But ancient Jewish people believed that before Yahweh created the cosmos and earth that everything was just deep dark waters and darkness ruled by chaos.

so the reason why water is never mentioned being created is because to them water and darkness is the default. Light, stars and land is the created.

But that is actually not... what The Bible is pointing to...

In Romans 8:18-25, Apostle Paul describes how God placed the creation in vanity, in bondage to corruption, and how the creation like us, seeks a release from that bondage with the manifesting of the sons of God.

What does that reveal? It reveals that the creation must have been in a PREVIOUS GOOD STATE, not... in bondage to corruption.

Some believe that God placed the creation in bondage at the time of Adam and Eve's sin, but nothing is written about that. I consider those who believe that are simply trying to account for the previous good creation state within this present world time frame.

The Hebrew for "without form and void" does not really point to a nothingness condition. The Hebrew word tohu ("without form") is used in God's Word for something that was once in a good state having gone to nothingness, or a waste. In the Jeremiah 4:23-28 Scripture, that is how Hebrew tohu is being used, the "without form, and void" translation appearing there again. And that Jeremiah 4:27-28 Scripture links with what Paul showed in Romans 8:18-25 with the creation going into bondage of corruption.

This is why the "waters" are already there with an already created earth at Genesis 1:2, revealing the earth being underneath those waters, having already been created back at verse 1 in the beginning. It is suggesting a time gap between God's original perfect creation at Genesis 1:1, and then the earth going into a tohu or waste condition by the time of the Genesis 1:2 verse.

What I believe happened in between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 was the time when God created Satan as a covering cherub to guard His throne (per Ezekiel 28), and then Satan rebelled against God in coveting His throne. And as a result, God ended His original perfect creation, using a flood of waters upon the earth, and then began the putting back for this present state of His creation, in bondage to corruption.