What day was water created on and why is it not on the new earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "no sea"... This is just my own personal thoughts regarding the sea. It's noted to be unpredictable. The bible talks about it raging and roaring and tossing. There is a belief that the land was once gathered together in one place and people were able to travel long distances and the sea surrounded it. Not sure if this is true or not but at some time or perhaps after many centuries, the sea separated people. Perhaps that is the reason that there is no sea :My2c:
That’s definitely part of it. I’ll eventually get around the posting the rest of it. It just takes a hour or so to write it out.
But in a nutshell the sea represented chaos. Even shares the same root words. The sea represented death. The flood. Baby hebrews cast into the Nile. Sea monsters like leviathan. Job being cast into the sea and swallows by a big fish. The toxic water. In most of those stories you’ll notice water was used as the agent of death and wood ( arks, baskets, staffs) were representing a tree of life. It’s also why we get baptized. The baptism represents the old self dying in the waters and being washed away like the sinners, the Egyptians, the poison in the well cleaned by a branch ) and so on.
It’s also why Jesus walked on water. It was not just a mindless act but carried a lot of Jewish symbolism. But I’ll go far more in detail later. It’s even connected to the darkness that came over the Egyptians. They were separated from light and cast back into the formless void through the darkness.

it also ties into the spirit and breath of god. The same words used for spirit is often the same word used for wind. To ancient Jews when God breathed out his breath, it was not mouth to mouth. It was as if god opened his mouth and breathed out wind and this wind swept across the land giving all animals the breath of life. The same wind that makes waves crash, the same wind that made leaves flutter was the same wind that filled up the body giving it life and that’s why the last thing you did was give your dying breath because your spirit was leaving. But they knew there was no air in the sea. You can’t breath underwater. To die in the sea carried different wait from dying on land for them.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Good theories. When you post your thoughts on it, can you please post in sections so it's not too long to read altogether. Thanks

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I presented the biblical view because it’s the view taught and understood by the people who originally wrote and read it.

it’s your modern view that completely misses what the original audience wrote and believed. This is not an opinion. That’s a fact.
No you presented yourself bias snd subjective view. All things were created including water. End of discussion. God declares in many places that occurred during the 6 days .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well not water. But it specifically says no sea in revelation 21.
"No more sea" means that there will be no oceans, but there will be just one land mass. It does not mean that there will be no water or rivers, lakes, and streams.
It never mentions the creation of water. It opens ups with the watery void already being there.
The creation of water is mentioned indirectly. "...and the earth" means "and the earth surrounded by water" as we discover immediately. The globe was immediately encased in water.
what day do you think el created darkness or is darkness just a byproduct of no light?
Darkness would have existed in eternity past before cosmic light was created on Day One. And that is not "El" but "Elohim" -- the triune God.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No more sea" means that there will be no oceans, but there will be just one land mass. It does not mean that there will be no water or rivers, lakes, and streams.
The creation of water is mentioned indirectly. "...and the earth" means "and the earth surrounded by water" as we discover immediately. The globe was immediately encased in water.
Darkness would have existed in eternity past before cosmic light was created on Day One. And that is not "El" but "Elohim" -- the triune God.

so El and Elohim are both used.

Strong's Hebrew: 410. אֵל (el) -- God, in pl. gods

so you recognize that El did. It create darkness. So it’s eternal as well. In the same way , ancient Jewish people viewed the sea. A eternal force of chaos

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Skovand1075
concerning your topic of which day was water created …and why is there no sea in the New earth. never got an answer as to what need is there of a sea in the New Creation where the River of Life is the Living Water source for thirst, where one drinks and never thirst again?
Revelation 22:1-3 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. [2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. [3] And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Skovand1075
concerning your topic of which day was water created …and why is there no sea in the New earth. never got an answer as to what need is there of a sea in the New Creation where the River of Life is the Living Water source for thirst, where one drinks and never thirst again?
Revelation 22:1-3 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. [2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. [3] And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

so just to be clear….. you think those verses in revelation are not symbolic but are all literal?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so just to be clear….. you think those verses in revelation are not symbolic but are all literal?

no I don’t think it’s literal.
do you think there is the pure River of Water of Life in the New Creation? If yes, then why is there the “Pure River of Water of Life ” in the New creation, and no sea?

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no I don’t think it’s literal.
do you think there is the pure River of Water of Life in the New Creation? If yes, then why is there the “Pure River of Water of Life ” in the New creation, and no sea?
Why would I think it’s literal? Nothing I’ve said in the entire post would logically lead anyone to that thought about me.

so why did I think you took it literally?

you stated, “ why would there be a sea when there is the river of life”.

do you think there is literally no sea? Or will there be a actual sea? But you agree the river of life is not literal?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I think it’s literal? Nothing I’ve said in the entire post would logically lead anyone to that thought about me.

so why did I think you took it literally?

you stated, “ why would there be a sea when there is the river of life”.

do you think there is literally no sea? Or will there be an actual sea? But you agree the river of life is not literal?

agree (just an opinion) that the River of Life is not literal. To me the River of Life is the Spirit of Christ which come out from God, and returns to God. Or at least that is how I see it.

the sea …that is no more. No. I personally don’t think it is the literal sea that is no more. To me that isn’t the point. I can’t relate my question very well, what I meant is; If the sea is not literal(which I don’t think it is), an example…how can the abundance of the sea be converted In Isaiah 60:5? Then what is this “not literal” sea.

You asked what I may have misunderstood as a two part question: what day was water created on…and also why in Revelation there is no more sea. I was only giving input that maybe a sea which is not literal, is overcome by the pure river water of Life…done away with in Christ. Because unless I’ve misunderstood the reading …One is in the New earth: the pure river of Life. And one is no more: the sea.

Reactions: Skovand1075

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that the sea is not literal. If the sea is not literal then what is it? What does it symbolizes? That was one of the points of my post. The sea symbolizes chaos and hostility to life. The sea represents the formless void. Which is why in genesis 1, it never mentions the creation of the waters because the waters in genesis one is not there as a scientific statement. The reason why the waters don’t freeze before the creation of the sun is because the sea represented chaotic waters.

ancient Jewish people believed that before creation, there was only the formless void which was a sea and darkness. Darkness was not created either. Darkness is the byproduct of there being no light. For ancient Jews the sea “cosmological waters” was the byproduct of there being no land.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so El and Elohim are both used.

Strong's Hebrew: 410. אֵל (el) -- God, in pl. gods

so you recognize that El did. It create darkness. So it’s eternal as well. In the same way , ancient Jewish people viewed the sea. A eternal force of chaos
Darkness is a important part of physical life, God doesn't wrap Himself in chaos.

Psalm 18:11
He made darkness His hiding place, and storm clouds a canopy around Him.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that the sea is not literal. If the sea is not literal then what is it? What does it symbolizes? That was one of the points of my post. The sea symbolizes chaos and hostility to life. The sea represents the formless void. Which is why in genesis 1, it never mentions the creation of the waters because the waters in genesis one is not there as a scientific statement. The reason why the waters don’t freeze before the creation of the sun is because the sea represented chaotic waters.

ancient Jewish people believed that before creation, there was only chaotic waters. Darkness was not created either. Darkness is the byproduct of there being no light. For ancient Jews the sea “cosmological waters” was the byproduct of there being no land.

you said “The sea symbolizes chaos and hostility to life. The sea represents the formless void.” Fitting words (Imo) “chaos”, “hostility to life” “formless void”…which all make me think of “in vain”, or “unprofitable” or “cast away”

“chaotic waters” …Can see that as applying well too. That is why I quoted the verse about men’s hearts failing them for fear; the waves and the seas roaring there with the men’s heart failing them…does make me think of “chaotic waters” churning “troubled”…

Jude 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Hebrews 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Proverbs 21:6 The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death.

You said “ancient Jewish people believed that before creation, there was only chaotic waters. Darkness was not created either. Darkness is the byproduct of there being no light. For ancient Jews the sea “cosmological waters” was the byproduct of there being no land”
^ this makes me think of the
Jude 1:13 quote: Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

interesting about “darkness”
“Blackness”
being the byproduct of no light and a sea with no land…because of all the references to “dry land appeared”

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
you said “The sea symbolizes chaos and hostility to life. The sea represents the formless void.” Fitting words (Imo) “chaos”, “hostility to life” “formless void”…which all make me think of “in vain”, or “unprofitable” or “cast away”

“chaotic waters” …Can see that as applying well too. That is why I quoted the verse about men’s hearts failing them for fear; the waves and the seas roaring there with the men’s heart failing them…does make me think of “chaotic waters” churning “troubled”…

Jude 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Hebrews 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Proverbs 21:6 The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death.

You said “ancient Jewish people believed that before creation, there was only chaotic waters. Darkness was not created either. Darkness is the byproduct of there being no light. For ancient Jews the sea “cosmological waters” was the byproduct of there being no land”
^ this makes me think of the
Jude 1:13 quote: Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

interesting about “darkness”
“Blackness”
being the byproduct a sea with no land…because of all the references to “dry land appeared”
Significant verses there @VictoryinJesus ..........

Reactions: VictoryinJesus