What day was water created on and why is it not on the new earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What day do you think water was created on? Why was it not frozen before the sun was created? Why does it say no sea in the new earth.

I already know what I believe and I’ll post it after work. Just curious what do y’all believe. One clue is chaos.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What day do you think water was created on? Why was it not frozen before the sun was created? Why does it say no sea in the new earth.

I already know what I believe and I’ll post it after work. Just curious what do y’all believe. One clue is chaos.

Great question sir, the Bible indicates that there were waters above and below Gen 1:6,7. When the flood happened God basically drained the upper waters, which caused massive changes to the climate and geography of the earth. It was recorded as being created on the second day.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great question sir, the Bible indicates that there were waters above and below Gen 1:6,7. When the flood happened God basically drained the upper waters, which caused massive changes to the climate and geography of the earth. It was recorded as being created on the second day.
So you believe that the waters were created on the second day?

when I read genesis 1 I see this.

Genesis 1
New American Standard Bible

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 And the earth was a formless and desolate emptiness, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.

Verse one is a introduction statement. It’s stating the events that are about to happen. It’s saying Yahweh created the world and the cosmos.

But it mentions that the earth was formless and void. It was covered in darkness and water. No land to be seen. The water was already there. Part of this is because of how ancient Jewish people believed. When we think of nothingness we imagine something like a Hollywood video of a person in a 2d white or black world. But ancient Jewish people believed that before Yahweh created the cosmos and earth that everything was just deep dark waters and darkness ruled by chaos.

so the reason why water is never mentioned being created is because to them water and darkness is the default. Light, stars and land is the created.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For in 6 days God created the earth and the heaven and all that is in them."

Which day?

If there was water there on the first day, it was created on the first day.

Much love!

Reactions: ScottA

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God had already created stars. So there were already molicules of hydrogen and oxygen in space besides other elements. Creation week brought these molicules together. They were not already together making water because there was no form. and the space was void. "The deep" was space. This is just fact, not evolution garbage theories. The sun and moon besides the earth were the only heavenly bodies created that week. It merely claims that besides those three, God was the creator of the stars also, not when.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For in 6 days God created the earth and the heaven and all that is in them."

Which day?

If there was water there on the first day, it was created on the first day.

Much love!
So can you show in the text what day? Or do you just have to presume that in order for it to fit your predetermined beliefs? Have you ever looked at the work done by any scholars?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So can you show in the text what day? Or do you just have to presume that in order for it to fit your predetermined beliefs? Have you ever looked at the work done by any scholars?
Do you have a response to what I wrote?

Much love!

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God had already created stars. So there were already molicules of hydrogen and oxygen in space besides other elements. Creation week brought these molicules together. They were not already together making water because there was no form. and the space was void. "The deep" was space. This is just fact, not evolution garbage theories. The sun and moon besides the earth were the only heavenly bodies created that week. It merely claims that besides those three, God was the creator of the stars also, not when.

How do to know he already created stars? How do you know the void was space? When it says he separated the waters later on? Have you considered the work by Old Testament biblical scholars such as Pete Enns, Tim Mackie /‘d John Walton who has all wrote books on genesis 1?

or compared it to what ancient Mesopotamians believed in general?

how do you think it’s relates to revelation about no sea on the new earth?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do to know he already created stars? How do you know the void was space? When it says he separated the waters later on? Have you considered the work by Old Testament biblical scholars such as Pete Enns, Tim Mackie /‘d John Walton who has all wrote books on genesis 1?

or compared it to what ancient Mesopotamians believed in general?

how do you think it’s relates to revelation about no sea on the new earth?

No I haven't read any books on it. The stars are so far away we would not be able to see them if they were only 6000 years old.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a response to what I wrote?

Much love!
Yes.

I shared it already. How do you know water was already present? Do you think it’s possible because you’re a modern person living in this day and age you’re reading into the text versus seeing how ancient Jewish people read it?

when we filter everything though echo chambers and try to make ancient paradigms fade away for modern ones, we miss the point.

Genesis was written by ancient Jewish people to ancient Jewish people in a way they would understand it. They understood cosmology very different from us.

I suggest those scholars I previously mentioned. Compare their wisdom to yours and see which one seems the best fit.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I haven't read any books on it. The stars are so far away we would not be able to see them if they were only 6000 years old.
I don’t believe in a 6k year old universe but one that is several billion years old. Just shy of 14 billion years as far as we can tell and possibly just one of a infinite number of multiverses.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The stars are so far away we would not be able to see them if they were only 6000 years old.
How do you figure that?

What is the age of the universe, and how do you know?

How far away are the stars, and how do you know?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know water was already present?

Exodus 20:10-11 KJV
10) But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11) For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe in a 6k year old universe but one that is several billion years old. Just shy of 14 billion years as far as we can tell and possibly just one of a infinite number of multiverses.

I'm a Christian so believe the word of God. But I just thought of something. The stars could have been created 6000 years ago if they were a lot closer than they are now, as there are many OT scriptures that declares that God stretches forth the heavens. All He would have had to do then was adjust the speed of light during the placement of the stars, then slowed it down again to what it was afterwards and what it still is today. What caused you to question the word of God?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it say no sea in the new earth.

To me that there is no sea in the new earth …two reasons I can think of:
1) The River of Life is the New Creations Living Water source.
Same as “And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Revelation 21:23

2) Luke 21:25-26 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; [26] Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

In my mind it isn’t talking about the literal sea and waves roaring…but mens hearts failing them. In the OT waves are referred to as proud, then NT a double minded man is tossed about by the waves…upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity…mens heart fail them …all to me describes what is done away with in Christ, and I saw no more sea …to me describes a stillness, a calm. No more raging. No more being tossed about. In another place “a sea of glass” again, could it be a stillness, or a calm without rising and falling of waves, tossing about? those redeemed stand upon it?

Last edited:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think it's obvious that water was created in Genesis. 1:1.

The reason being vs 2 tells us the Spirit of God moved upon the waters.

The question is, did Genesis 1:1 take place in succession to vs. 3 and on, or is vs.1 separated from vs.3 by millions of years!

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 20:10-11 KJV
10) But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11) For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Much love!
The waters of the cosmos was not the sea. The sea was when the waters were separated from the cosmos. Before that the entire universe was water and darkness according to genesis 1:1-3.
“ Tohu wabohu “ is the term for chaotic waters.

anyways, I’ve said enough for the time being and headed out to play bowling with some others from work. It’s a “voluntold” event. Then hiking.