What did God do alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

janc

Jul 8, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It is certain that God was alone for a time, for he alone exists eternally, nobody was with him before the created was there, so what did he do alone, what do you think?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are never alone. (in Christ Jesus). Ekklesia are <to be> "echad", one with each other, first one with Jesus and with the Father.
Eternally, Jesus and the Father were one, "echad", as written from Genesis thru the Apocaylpse.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is certain that God was alone for a time, for he alone exists eternally, nobody was with him before the created was there, so what did he do alone, what do you think?
AMEN, thank you JESUS, finally someone else is WALKING in the LIGHT also.
Correct 100% janc.
when God Made everything he was by HIMSELF, alone. that right there eliminates any second or third separate and distinct persons. EVEN WHEN HE WAS MAKING man HE WAS ALONE, and BY HIMSELF. Genesis 1:26 & 27 lay to rest once and for all any second or third person in the Godhead. he, as the Lord Jesus the ordinal Last said, he, .... indicating only one person made man. and he, as the ordinal Last is the Man, that is his own image in flesh, bone and with blood that "WAS" to come. that fashion, that form, (concrete), that star, that "WAS" to come. for John 1:1 states, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". right in John 1:! it clearly states the Word is G O D. and in John 1:3 this same Word that is God according to verse 1 "MADE ALL THINGS". and the One who made all things was A. "ALONE", and 2. "BY HIMSELF".
the term "Beginning" here in John 1 is, G746 ἀρχή arche (ar-chee') n.
1. (properly abstract) a commencement.
2. (concretely) chief (in various applications of order, time, place, or rank).
[from G756]
KJV: beginning, corner, (at the, the) first (estate), magistrate, power, principality, principle, rule
Root(s): G756

Chief here is "FIRST, the Word , was, was, was, the "First and the First is the Father, for now coming in flesh as the "diversity"/offspring, he is NOW in time, (NOTICE IN TIME), and place is the "Son", the ordinal Last. not a separate and distinct second person, but the G243 allos of himself in flesh.
people say that they are Christian, I doubt them not. but they are not UNDERSTANDING what they are reading. it's simple, God said in his Holy Word that he is God the First and the Last, meaning the Word, John 1:1 is God who made all things. but I sympathize, ... to a point, for his Word is right before our faces. only go to God and let him re-new our MINDS as he said he would.

so we ask, what's the problem?

for a workman is not ashame who study, when approve by God.

janc, in the name of Jesus, and a few other, I thank you all for your courage in professing the TRUTH. for it is by our profession that we overcome. may God bless you all, and janc, keep up the good work.

PICJAG.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nothing. Gd was always a Trinity

Reactions: theophilus

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is one thing he did before creation.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.
Ephesians 1:3-5 ESV

Since time is part of creation is it accurate to even say there was a time when God was alone?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think it's like saying...me, myself and I...are Alone...in Thought, Word, Power....without an Observer or Listener.

What did He Do?
Thought- what would please Him.
Spoke- things that would please Him.
Power- caused things that would please Him.

Glory to God,
Taken