What do you think qualifies one to be one of Christ's disciples?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tabletalk said:
You said: "Bible is a book, Jesus is not a book."

The Bible is a book of words. Jesus is the Word of God.

John 1, "1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
" 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

And you said: "the Bible has nothing on Jesus."

The Bible has everything God wants us to know about Him. You keep quoting words from the Bible, but rejecting the Bible (the book of the Word of God).
What am I missing here? Do you love the Word of God (Jesus), but hate the Bible?
Yes, he regularly undermines the Bible and poses himself as a more reliable witness than the Scriptures. Anyone who doesn't agree with him doesn't know Jesus, apparently.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, he regularly undermines the Bible and poses himself as a more reliable witness than the Scriptures.
Hmm, is that what you get from my posts? Me an uneducated fool, no earthly qulifications, not even any to teach from God,,, Is tha twhat you get that somehow I am a teacher, God forbid, all I can do is point peopel to Chjris who the bible..

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

but like it says

Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

As I said, if you want to be the wise Virgin, you will be at His feet, if not, than it is your choice, The bible and all the lrearning in teh world cant save you. The best it can do is tell you "about" Jesus, if you desrie to knowe Him, than you must spend time with Him, it is teh only way you can know anyone.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

There is teh invitation, who will reject it???

Rev 2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Are you listeneing do you know the hour we live in??

Co_2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co_2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Cor_2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

It might be better to readeth this in English, lol...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Wormwood said:
Yes, he regularly undermines the Bible and poses himself as a more reliable witness than the Scriptures. Anyone who doesn't agree with him doesn't know Jesus, apparently.
ha Wormwood, you sly dog; have you been holding out on me? lol.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
thinks Jesus is going to save her
eLIJvs6.jpg

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
Cor_2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

It might be better to readeth this in English, lol...
Can you readeth Matt 24:37-39.

mjrhealth said:
Are you listeneing do you know the hour we live in??
I am burdened for the lost. 5 months left. :unsure:

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 13:8 said:

Are you saying that after the 23rd of September no one can be saved?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yes and imo you are reducing a passage--laden with symbology meant to help you on a spiritual level--to a physical, a fleshly interpretation that is not going to serve you, and ignoring much other Scripture to do so, Heb. And many even famous recent examples are also being ignored?

Another perspective is that suggesting people who might read this all have even 5 months is deceptive and unscriptural, Heb; we are not even promised tomorrow. I urge you to contemplate what your pov might resemble when Sep 25th rolls around and you have not been raptured ok. Not that any of the other 3 did, or prolly anyone in that position ever, and there are even passages that suggest no one will be able to sway you here until it is manifest, until your date has come and gone iow, when i can only tell you that it is you who will be suffering, and not those whom you state that you are so burdened for, ok. This cannot possibly end well for you. Recognize how the lady in the photo above has a "burden for the lost" too ok.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
tabletalk said:
Are you saying that after the 23rd of September no one can be saved?
No.

Rev 20:4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Rev 6:5-6 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “Two pounds of wheat for a day’s wages, and six pounds of barley for a day’s wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!”

Rev 13:16-17 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hard times are ahead for those left behind, for tribulation saints.
you are misinterpreting a parable meant to be related to personal spiritual growth, almost surely; but rather than debate this with you now, it seems best to wait until Sep 25th perhaps--when you will unfortunately no longer be on this board, unless my previous experience is to be countered.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
you are misinterpreting a parable meant to be related to personal spiritual growth, almost surely; but rather than debate this with you now, it seems best to wait until Sep 25th perhaps--when you will unfortunately no longer be on this board, unless my previous experience is to be countered.
a parable? where? no bbrd, tribulation saints are literal.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
a parable? where? no bbrd, tribulation saints are literal.
I'm not meaning to imply that there will be no "tribulation saints," ok, but that the tribulation ends, for you, when you die; and that these are a symbological way of referring to the "Saints" in your "church," the one you are building. I can from experience even go so far as to say what you are doing is tearing down the one that has been built upon a foundation of sand--so to speak--and fixing the foundation.

But it is pointless to debate this much further until your date has come, wherein i might be proven wrong. I can only suggest that you prepare however you think seems best for what i and most have described as "falling off a cliff," ok. Life as you know it is going to change, regardless of what happens, and i tell you in all humility that i will be here Sep 25th, and you most likely will not, and "rapture" will almost surely not be the reason, ok. Try and allow some mental space for your prophecy to fail here if you are able.

You are in a lose/lose proposition, and i have no desire to rub your nose in this come Sept or anything--but you are almost surely going to experience simultaneous forgiveness (on my and others' parts) coupled with shame on your own part, and this is a devastating way to absorb this lesson imo. It seems like a simple prediction right now, but your whole life is going to be altered by this.

You might just contemplate how much sleep you will likely get in the first 3 weeks of Sept lol. I urge you to turn back now while it is still easy to admit that you do not know.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
But it is pointless to debate this much further until your date has come
I only pray that you are born again and that you have given your life to Jesus Christ. Time is very short. John 3:3-7, Rom 10:9-10. Take care.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another opinion

The Sheep and Goat Judgment:

When reading this in the Bible it is a mistake to assume it is about how we help others in the Christian life. If it is then we are still under law. A person should focus on “the why” these people are selected in each group. Understand the “Nations” in the scriptures are the Gentile people, if it were the Jews it would say Israel.

Matt 25:31-32
31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.
33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'
37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?
38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?
39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
40 And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'
NKJV

This judgment takes place after the Grace Church of His body has been caught up into the clouds. In other words those saved under grace will not be there to be judged.

There is absolutely no other reason given for the Sheep to be blessed except that they helped Jesus’ brethren, the Jews. No where in scripture are the Gentiles called Jesus’ brethren. I think is important that there is no mention of the sheep ever accepting Jesus as their savior or of placing their faith in Him.

As to the “why” it is contained in the covenant that was made with Abraham.

Gen 12:2-3
2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."
NKJV

Where will the Sheep go? It is my opinion that they will be the gentile nations during the 1,000 year reign of Jesus on this earth.

Written by H. Richard

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I only pray that you are born again and that you have given your life to Jesus Christ. Time is very short. John 3:3-7, Rom 10:9-10. Take care.
ok, well i only pray that you might reflect upon how your prayers might be perceived come Sept 25th, ok. And i don't mean by me or other people, either Heb. Time was very short 2000 years ago too, when Christ assured His contemporaries that they were in the "last days" ok. And we even have accounts of their misunderstanding Christ then. While i do appreciate your "concern" here, try to see how this "concern" might manifest from something else, if that makes any sense.

Iow i might be gravely concerned for your well-being come midnight tonight, because i am absolutely convinced that that is when the Martians are attacking, too, because see i just read Isaiah,
"... And foreigners shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. ..."

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
Time was very short 2000 years ago too, when Christ assured His contemporaries that they were in the "last days" ok. And we even have accounts of their misunderstanding Christ then.
The only difference is the Rev 12:1-5 great sign appearing in the heavens 2,000 years later. There's a birthing in September. Don't you see?