What do you think qualifies one to be one of Christ's disciples?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
well, i guess we both will in September, yes.
Indeed. One of the events will be God bringing Israel/Virgo/Mother back into the land, when she gives birth in September.

Isa 50:1 This is what the LORD says: “Where is your mother's certificate of divorce with which I sent her away? Or to which of my creditors did I sell you? Because of your sins you were sold; because of your transgressions your mother was sent away.

Jer 3:8 I gave faithless Israel her certificate of divorce and sent her away because of all her adulteries. Yet I saw that her unfaithful sister Judah had no fear; she also went out and committed adultery.

Micah 5:3 Therefore Israel will be abandoned until the time when she who is in labor bears a son, and the rest of his brothers return to join the Israelites.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whosoever qualifies? What are the consequences of whosoever qualifies?

33 "... whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple."

Discernment & wisdom from the Lord is needed here.

If you read Luke 14:15-24 , He may help you to see how He is testifying that believers will excuse themselves from the Marriage Supper when the Bridegroom comes by His parable of how people were excusing themselves from attending the King's Supper for the everyday cares of life. Then Luke wrote about how Jesus expounded on that parable to the multitude on what it costs to be His disciples in Luke 14:25-33. If you read with His help, you may see that He is NOT talking about giving up everything and everyone while you are living down here in walking with Him, but giving up everything and everyone when He appears at the pre trib rapture event to take the abiding bride of Christ Home to the Marriage Supper above.

Jesus warned about the cares of life being a snare to christians in Luke 21:33-36 wherein they would be tempted to not leave even when they see Him descending with a shout above. He pointed that warning out yet again in Luke 17th chapter in how Lot's wife loved this world that she did not want to leave it.

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.32 Remember Lot's wife.33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

If you want further proof of this truth that there is such a thing as a rich christian....

1 Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

So christian can still be rich, but again, as all believers are to lean on Jesus for help to do.. to set their hearts on the things above. When you see by His words that all that you have will be destroyed or taken away after the pre trib rapture, why love anything or anyone more than Him down here?

The hardest thing to do is to leave loved ones and family and friends behind, but Jesus can help with that too, to help you trust Him in the keeping of their souls of those left behind to suffer the coming fire on the earth and the subsequent coming great tribulation.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

So I do not believe those verses are being applied rightly when in regards to how we live with Him down here, but His words can only be applied rightly when in regards to the coming of the Bridegroom when it is time to leave. That is the cost of discipleship... to be ready to leave by His grace & by His help when He comes.

Of course, we are His disciples when we trust Him as our Good Shepherd to help us abide in Him & His words, which also includes having our hearts set on above.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know it was a club.....

Loving others is action not identity