What does being a Christian mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask this because I am watching on TV in real time as the Russians murder thousands of men, women, and children for no apparent reason, as if you needed a reason to murder.

We as Christians should be outraged. Yet this Christian site remains silent.

Why, you tell me?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask this because I am watching on TV in real time as the Russians murder thousands of men, women, and children for no apparent reason, as if you needed a reason to murder.

Why, you tell me?
I can't speak for Christians in general. I don't know how many are saddened or angry. I do think Christian organizations are sending charitable aid. But as we have heard in the last couple years, the news does not always report truth. It is mixed with lies and so we don't know what is going on. I have heard stories of Ukraine killing it's own people - Nazie factions, radicles. I have heard that their president is likened to Bush or Trudeau, a liberal puppet taking orders from the Illuminati, who is currently an elite group that has this New World Order in it's grip, enforcing lockdowns, mandates, vaccinations. I have also heard that there are Bio-weapons labs in Kiev and in 25 other countries, creating vaccines to de-populate the planet. So it is evil Russia attacking another evil. The Left Wing Media has suppressed truth and delivered propaganda and censored any opposition to their cause. So we are at the precipice, the Beginning of Sorrows - if not IN the Great Tribulation. God is sovereign and so all this is prophesied to take place. In the Great Tribulation, probably 5 billion people will die. Are you going to be outraged at God for allowing it? No, this is His means of judgment. Nothing gets by Him.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a Christian means being a follower of Christ.

What would Christ do in this situation? Can't be sure exactly, but I know He would trust the Father's plan and have no fear.

God's Word tells us that Christians will be persecuted like never before in the coming times; much of which has already been happening for decades around the world.

So, ... it will likely get much, much worse as time goes on.

Trust God and commit yourself to His Word. It's the only protection and guidance we will have in the days to come.

God bless.

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is sovereign and so all this is prophesied to take place.
I agree, God does see it all. Some ask, why doesn’t God just snap his finger and we obey His commandments. In my view God does not do this because if He did, we would be nothing more that puppets on a string.

Instead, God gave us instructions on how we should live our lives. He does not force us or make us do anything. What he did do is give us the ability to make our own choices in life. If we choose to follow His teaching we will live blessed lives, if not, we will not.
Prophesies are a foretelling of a “possible” future occurrence, they are not carved into stone.

For example, here is a prophecy that may or may not come true.
King James Bible
Ezekiel 21:32
Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

BTW:
This is who He was talking too
(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, God does see it all. Some ask, why doesn’t God just snap his finger and we obey His commandments. In my view God does not do this because if He did, we would be nothing more that puppets on a string.

Instead, God gave us instructions on how we should live our lives. He does not force us or make us do anything. What he did do is give us the ability to make our own choices in life. If we choose to follow His teaching we will live blessed lives, if not, we will not.
Prophesies are a foretelling of a “possible” future occurrence, they are not carved into stone.

For example, here is a prophecy that may or may not come true.
King James Bible
Ezekiel 21:32
Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

BTW:
This is who He was talking too
(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

About Ezek. 21,
God sends a message through Ezekiel (addressed as the son of man or mortal man, human): That He will draw his sword (through the King of Babylon) and attack Israel and the Ammorites.
God is furious with Israel so they will be punished and many will die.
Everyone will be punished for their sins, and their wicked prince (Zedekiah, although Ezekiel doesn't name him) will be brought down, just as the city is turned to ruins. See the Book of Jeremiah 39:2 for the gory details about Zedekiah. This was history, the seige of Jerusalem in 587 BC.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He does not force us or make us do anything
Proverbs 16:4 – "The LORD has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble."

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.” Jer. 1:5

"O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD. "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel." Jer. 18:6

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why, you tell me?
So which is it? What does being a Christian mean? or why does this Christian site remains silent? What's the question?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why, you tell me?
I'd like to know from Putin's mouth why he is doing this.

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ball State prof: Putin wants to restore Soviet Union, humiliate America

Zhuk says Putin has two goals in invading Ukraine, the first of which is to restore the Soviet Union and its ideology.

“It’s 2022. It’s the 100th anniversary of the creation of the Soviet Union. The first republics which created this union were Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, and three republics from the Caucuses — Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan. One of the first Soviet republics was Ukraine, and his first goal is to restore this situation,” Zhuk said.
Ball State prof: Putin wants to restore Soviet Union, humiliate America

Panetta: Putin Wants To Restore the Soviet Union
The former secretary of defense has made similar remarks before, but this time he was more direct.
https://tinyurl.com/4efszcp7

Putin wants to relieve the glory days

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why would anybody believe “ anything” that came out of the mouth Of a man this Wicked ? What drives Putin is Satan—- “ The FATHER of lies” ....Putin lies like a Normal man breathes....I pray that his arrival in Hell happens soon....

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would anybody believe “ anything” that came out of the mouth Of a man this Wicked ? What drives Putin is Satan—- “ The FATHER of lies” ....Putin lies like a Normal man breathes....I pray that his arrival in Hell happens soon....
If I wanted to know what you were thinking, I'd ask you. I wouldn't ask your next door neighbor.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does being a Christian mean?
ahhmmmm, with a few exceptions, threatening hellfire to all who disagree with premill, postmill, amill, fine ground, course ground, stony ground, OSAS, muslim, moslem, harlem...basically any lem you like as long as it's not Bethlehem and my version is better than yours. Any meaner and you'll be longer in purgatory than eternity! :D

Reactions: Goldie75

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why, you tell me?
What about abortion. Liberals have murdered MILLIONS of unborn babies. Where is the OUTRAGE?

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about abortion. Liberals have murdered MILLIONS of unborn babies. Where is the OUTRAGE?
A woman has a right to choose rather she wants to raise a child or not. It is her choice and hers alone.

If the mother did not want that child, she may blame the child and treat it badly. Then the child grows up hating the mother who hated him or her.

A woman has a right to choose rather she wants to raise a child or not. It is her choice and hers alone.
Those who object should join an adoption group, until then; stick it
:)-

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the reason some are pushing to abolish abortions is to try and save their own race-?

Jewish population at lowest percentage since founding of Israel
Close to the establishment of the state, the Jewish percentage of the population stood at 82.1%, while today it stands at only 73.9%.

https://tinyurl.com/3fjduh72

Europe’s Jewish population down 60% since 1970, as low as it was 1,000 years ago
https://tinyurl.com/bdt8v2j9

Jewish Population on the Decline in America
https://tinyurl.com/2p95pr3p

World Jewish population drops by 300,000 to 12.9 million
https://tinyurl.com/n33erpbw

The solution, ban abortions
:)-