What does Colossians 1:16 mean when it says "For by him were all things created..."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to scripture. The word is from above- spirit. Jesus is from below- flesh. You might not agree, but scripture does.

1 Corinthians 15:47-49 KJV
47) The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48) As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49) And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Scripture declares Jesus is from above.

John 3:30-31 KJV
30) He must increase, but I must decrease.
31) He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

John 8:23 KJV
23) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's important to note the context of the verse and why it's written and placed where it is. Reading the book of Colossians reveals that the Colossians Church had lost its focus on Christ. Some of the believers at Colosse had in practice forsaken their connection with the head who is Jesus Christ, and some were even being led to worship angels (2:18-19). The situation in Colosse called for a strong reminder of Christ's headship over his Church and the Epistle to the Colossians provided just that. There is no definitive reason to believe the believers in Colosse were Trinitarian. A thorough reading of Acts shows that no Apostle or teacher in Acts ever presented the Trinity on their witnessing itineraries. Instead they presented that Jesus was "...a man approved of God..." (Acts 2:22), God's "servant Jesus" (Acts 3:13), God's "Prince" (Acts 5:31), the "one anointed" (Acts 10:38), the "Son of God" (Acts 9:20). Acts has no presentation to new Christians that Jesus was God, nor was there any formal presentation of the Trinity and Colosse was reached with the Word during the Acts period. This is an important background because Trinitarians read Colossians about Christ creating and think it refers to Jesus creating the earth in the beginning.

People are often confused by Colossians 1:16 because it says "For by him [Jesus] all things were created..." When we read the word "create" we usually think about the original creation in Genesis, but there are other ways the word is used in Scripture. For example, Christians are "new creations" (2 Corinthians 5:17). After the resurrection, God delegated to Christ the authority to create, and when we read the Epistles we see evidence of Jesus creating things for his Church. Ephesians 2:15 refers to Christ creating "one new man" (his Body, the Church) out of Jew and Gentile. In pouring out the gift of holy spirit to each believer (Acts 2:33 and 38). The Lord Jesus has created something new in each of them, which is the "new man" their new nature (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 6:15; Ephesians 4:24). Not only did Jesus create his Church out of Jew and Gentile, he had to create the structure and positions that would allow it to function, both in the spiritual world (positions for the angels that would minister to the Church... see Revelation 1:1 "his angel"). And in the physical world (positions and ministries here on earth... see Romans 12:4-8; Ephesians 4:7-11). The Bible describes these physical and spiritual realities by the phrase, "...things in heaven and on the earth, visible and invisible. Jesus was not around in the beginning to create the heavens and the earth, but he did create the "all things" that pertain to his Body, which is the Church of God.

We are in a position to more fully understand verse 16 once we understand that Jesus created things for the Church. The word "all" is used in the Bible in a limited sense just the way we also use it today. My wife told me the kids ate all the cookies. She did not mean the kids ate all the cookies in the world, but rather just the cookies that were in the house. 2 Samuel 17:14 says "...all the men of Israel..." agreed on advice when Absalom held a council against his father David. "All" the men of Israel did not agree with Absalom, but all the men who were there with him did. Jeremiah 26:8 says "all the people" seized Jeremiah to put him to death. All the people did not mean all the people on the planet, but rather all the people who were there. Understand? One must determine from the context if "all" is being used in the wide sense of "all in the universe" or in the narrow sense of "all in a specific" context. I believe the narrow sense is being applied in Colossians 1:16 when it says Jesus created "all" things for his Church and not "all" things in the universe.

Colossians 1:16
For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on the earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

All the things "created" in this list are not the earth and trees and sky that God created in the beginning, but rather the "thrones, powers, rulers and authorities, which are the positions that Christ needed to run his Church, which he created for that purpose because these are the things Jesus needed to administer his Church. The Colossians believers had lost their focus on Christ as the head of the Church and Colossians 1:16 elevates Christ to his rightful position as Lord by noting that he was the one who created the powers and authorities in the Church.
No, but Jesus is rather the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End, and all of creation was made manifest in between by Him and for Him. Which is why it is written of Him that He was "slain before the foundation of the world."

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angels are from above. Doesn’t make them God either.
Are you realizing the context to which I was responding?

@Mr E was saying Jesus was not from above, I'm showing where the Bible tells us He actually was.

Right?

As to who Jesus is, Paul called Him "the Lord from Heaven". Who do you suppose that is?

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you realizing the context to which I was responding?

@Mr E was saying Jesus was not from above, I'm showing where the Bible tells us He actually was.

Right?

As to who Jesus is, Paul called Him "the Lord from Heaven". Who do you suppose that is?

Much love!
and we have a biblical example of an angel who spoke to john and said GET UP , WORSHIP ONLY GOD .
and yet Many folks were bowing before Christ and throwing crowns at his FEET .
even JOHN fell at his feet . I NEVER HEARD JESUS SAY GET UP and WORSHIP GOD .
Exactly . Folks just want to try and make JESUS into something else so they can merge the religoins as one .
Phillip , IF YA SEEN ME YOU HAVE SEEN the FATHER .
thomas , MY LORD and MY GOD . I Dont seem to remember JESUS saying , HEY THOMAS ON YOUR FEET
i am but a man . Exactly . NEVER SELL OUT MY FRIEND . NEVER SELL OUT . THE LORD IS OUR HOPE AND OUR SALVATION
and JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD and THE WORD IS GOD . THE BIBLE SAYS SO . WE BELEIVE THE BIBLE NOT MEN .

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:47-49 KJV
47) The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48) As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49) And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Scripture declares Jesus is from above.

John 3:30-31 KJV
30) He must increase, but I must decrease.
31) He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

John 8:23 KJV
23) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Much love!

The scripture you just posted affirms what I'm telling you and says exactly the opposite of what you are insisting upon.

Jesus- is as that first man-- (Adam-earthy) . He was born here. He is the one from below.

The spirit -messenger- that was sent to him, came from above- that one is the Lord, from heaven.

It couldn't say it more clearly. Flesh below, spirit above and one is not the other. They are of different natures. The pure, spotless, sinless lamb comes from above. The dove, comes from above. The word comes from above --- they become flesh "in" the man Jesus. But it is God in him.

He becomes the image, the logos, the representation of God who dwells within him-- Immanuel -"God with us" and if you are a child of God, that same spirit dwells in you.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and we have a biblical example of an angel who spoke to john and said GET UP , WORSHIP ONLY GOD .
and yet Many folks were bowing before Christ and throwing crowns at his FEET .
even JOHN fell at his feet . I NEVER HEARD JESUS SAY GET UP and WORSHIP GOD .
Exactly . Folks just want to try and make JESUS into something else so they can merge the religoins as one .
Phillip , IF YA SEEN ME YOU HAVE SEEN the FATHER .
thomas , MY LORD and MY GOD . I Dont seem to remember JESUS saying , HEY THOMAS ON YOUR FEET
i am but a man . Exactly . NEVER SELL OUT MY FRIEND . NEVER SELL OUT . THE LORD IS OUR HOPE AND OUR SALVATION
and JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD and THE WORD IS GOD . THE BIBLE SAYS SO . WE BELEIVE THE BIBLE NOT MEN .

Who's "angel" was it speaking to John in the spirit? ---btw, the ALL CAPS ((shouting)) is unnecessary.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Liberals have no true peace , the only way they can have peace is to silence any reminder of the truth .
As for me , i am most hated by many in person and on the computer , YET I STILL GOT MY PEACE .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus- is as that first man-- (Adam-earthy) . He was born here. He is the one from below.
This is the first time I've heard anyone assert this. Interesting!

1 Corinthians 15:21-22 KJV
21) For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

I don't think I agree though. I think this passage is contrasting the first created man, Adam, and the Christ, Jesus.

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

I don't think I agree though. I think this passage is contrasting the first created man, Adam, and the Christ, Jesus.

Much love!
@marks 1 Cor. 15 is indeed all about the Resurrection and it sure hope; and central to it is the glorious fact that the Lord Jesus rose bodily.

Reactions: marks

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

I'm glad you find it of interest, and hope that you will do your own investigation. "Adam" means earth, earthy. It refers to the physical man, these bodies of clay that are vessels for the breath of life (spirit) that comes from God. The flesh comes first, then the spirit is breathed into us.

Jesus, like us- was a physical man. We, like Jesus- can be filled with the life-giving spirit of God just like we all (including Jesus) were given our first breath. The distinction in scripture (including 1 Cor) is not between Adam and Jesus, but between Adam (flesh) and Christ (spirit).

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“for all things in heaven and on earth were created in him - all things, whether visible or invisible, whether thrones or dominions, whether principalities or powers - all things were created through him and for him.”

(Colossians 1:16, NET)

Created in him, not by him.

Jesus isn’t the creator. His God and Father is the creator.

“I believe in God, the father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.”

The Apostles’ Creed | The Church of England

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has a parallel passage;

John 1:1-4 KJV
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Much love!

The "Word" is the wisdom, plan or purpose of God and the Word became flesh as Jesus Christ. Thus, Jesus Christ was the Word in the flesh, which is shortened to the Word for ease of speaking. Scripture is also the Word in writing. Everyone agrees that the Word in writing had a beginning. So did the Word in the flesh. In fact, the Greek text of Matthew 1:18 says that very clearly: "Now the beginning of Jesus Christ was in this manner..." The modern Greek texts all read "beginning" in Matthew 1:18. Birth is considered an acceptable translation since the beginning of some things is birth, and so most translations read birth. Nevertheless, the proper understanding of Matthew 1:18 is the beginning of Jesus Christ. In the beginning God had a plan, a purpose, which became flesh when Jesus was conceived.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its always interesting to see a Bible Denier, on a Christian Forum say...>"that word ALL, does not mean ALL"....let me show you what i think.

And you did.

A.) Think Again.

And while you are at it..... you should read . John 1:10 that correlates and confirms Colossians 1:16.........just as 1 Timothy 3:16 correlates and confirms John 1:1

The "Word" is the wisdom, plan or purpose of God and the Word became flesh as Jesus Christ. Thus, Jesus Christ was the Word in the flesh, which is shortened to the Word for ease of speaking. Scripture is also the Word in writing. Everyone agrees that the Word in writing had a beginning. So did the Word in the flesh. In fact, the Greek text of Matthew 1:18 says that very clearly: "Now the beginning of Jesus Christ was in this manner..." The modern Greek texts all read "beginning" in Matthew 1:18. Birth is considered an acceptable translation since the beginning of some things is birth, and so most translations read birth. Nevertheless, the proper understanding of Matthew 1:18 is the beginning of Jesus Christ. In the beginning God had a plan, a purpose, which became flesh when Jesus was conceived.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the invitation to comment. I like that you are searching the scriptures and seeking to understand. I hope you can follow along as I tackle your premise. -If you and I were in conversation and my team is what is now known as the LA Chargers. Talking with you about football, ifI I said something like-- "In the beginning, they were the San Diego Chargers." -because I'm a San Diego guy and that's how I will always think about them. Even though I used the phrase 'in the beginning' you would know that I'm not talking about Genesis specifically, because we were talking about football, not creation. My reference was about 'in the past' or 'in former times' and not about the beginning of 'everything.'

Absolutely. So make sure you don't dismiss it. The verse you quote provides the context. You don't get to substitute the context provided for your own alternative idea. The verse is clearly referencing creation (and not the church as you propose) since it specifies- "For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth..."

All means all. It's even a bigger ALL because it isn't restricted to physical things on earth, but ALL things everywhere-- the heavenly things above and the earthly things below.

The crucial error you make is in the way you associate the man Jesus and insert him into the text and your understanding. I know, you know you are doing this because you even put it in parentheses when you did it. You got the wrong guy. I hope I don't lose you here, so please hear me out. I'm not trying to be cute, because of course it's Jesus-- but how do you consider him to be? The Jesus that the disciples knew and the Jesus that Paul knew might be quite different than the way you think of him. And I think you kind of get it, in a round about way-- based on what you say here below--

That's 100% true. "Jesus" was born a couple of thousand years ago and 'in the beginning' he was a baby born in Bethlehem to Mary and Joseph. That's his beginning. So when Paul is speaking-- we know he isn't talking about the [Jesus] you inserted into the text, by that context he provides. He's talking about something other than the man Jesus.... he is talking about a different "kind" of Jesus, in truth-- the only one he (Paul) ever met.

I don't want to let this post get long, but when you consider context there is a lot to consider. Listen first to how Peter describes first of all 'the man' Jesus. One could argue that there were none closer to Jesus than Peter, James and John. In addressing the followers in Acts we read of Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit describing him like this-

“Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through him in your midst, just as you yourselves know– this man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put him to death. “But God raised him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for him to be held in its power."

Peter makes a clear distinction between what Jesus- the man, did and what God did. Peter, full of the Spirit, fully aware of all that had taken place- makes it unmistakable that Jesus in this context, was a man. If Peter ever wanted to declare Jesus to be something other than a man, he missed his chance. He goes on to explain even further, but we aren't talking here about the Jesus Peter knew, but the one Paul knew. The only Jesus Paul ever met was not a man. This too, is context for your consideration.

As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?” And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting, but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do.”

I must not be as smart as you because I am totally lost at the point you may have been trying to make. Can you help me out here? What part of what I write about the resurrected Christ do I need help in understanding?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact, the Greek text of Matthew 1:18 says that very clearly: "Now the beginning of Jesus Christ was in this manner..."

upload_2022-9-23_15-12-35.png
Birth is correct here. The idea of the word is to generate. The generation of something. Not like pros-, or proto, or arche. In the beginning God made them male and female, for instance, "arche" is used for beginning.

Much love!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for starting this thread. :)

I've been tempted to compile a list of refutations of common trinitarian appeals. John 1:1, the Oneness doctrine and Col 1:16 rank at the top of legs they often use support their man-made dogma.

Here is where biased trinitarian translators seek to modify the word of God to fit their dogma. This is why I seek out different translations. The NLT is the one I prefer for this verse for it makes it clear the creating is being done, not by Jesus but by God. (The juxtaposition cannot be acknowledged by trinitarians).
Christ Is Supreme
15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.
He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,[a]
16 for through him God created everything
in the heavenly realms and on earth.
He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
Everything was created through him and for him.
17 He existed before anything else,
and he holds all creation together.

Colossians 1:15-17 NLT

In this sentence, "Christ" is the "him" through which Creation happened. Who did this creating is explicitly not Jesus in the NLT rendering but God.

Anytime two prepositions are put together, it is a clumsy sentence, e.g., 'for by' or 'for through.' It almost says Jesus created everything, which is exactly what trinitarians want to believe. But almost relies on a lack of reading skills to support a flawed dogma. In fact, it may be a literal translation but is not proper English. The CJB renders is in more precise English language usage.
because in connection with him were created all things

The passive voice of 'were created' makes it clear the creating was done by another Being other than Jesus. There is no 'created by' to mislead anyone and the 'in connection' makes clear that although Jesus was involved, connected, he was NOT the Creator.

Most significantly, it is used to refer to re-creating. Our God is not merely a Creator but through Christ, he is a re-Creator, a redeemer. 1 COR 15:23-28. We were not just made, we were made to be right with God - through his chosen suffering servant. Keeping this adoption in mind of who Jesus is, is most important.

To read Collosians in context of Scripture, one must realize it was after The Gospel of Mark and The Acts of the Apostles, were it is written a proof text destroying trinitarianism:
This is the Good News about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God (not God the Son).
Mark 1:1
For he has set a Day when he will judge the inhabited world, and do it justly, by means of a man whom he has designated. And he has given public proof of it by resurrecting this man from the dead.”
Acts 17:31 CJB

It means Jesus was selected, among men, to carry out God's plan. In another thread, one poster deliberately misinterpretted this point, fixating instead on and asserting that the man Jesus was not selected but Judgment Day was selected. In my correcting his error, his ego could not admit the verse explicitly juxtaposes God with this man who God selected. Hard to fit the trinity into that. And Col 1:16 must be read with this pre-existing understanding of the audience in Collosse in mind.

I like this... "because in connection with him were created all things"

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It would be easier to respond if you could simply place your questions and responses in the quote boxes....but here goes....

*** No I am not. And in this post I provide more data. Everything on that list in verse 16 deals with the powers that Christ set up to run his Church. There's nothing there about trees and oceans.
Colossians 1:15 says that Jesus is “the firstborn of ALL creation” which means “ALL creation”.....it doesn’t require the mention of 'trees and oceans' because “all creation” is all encompassing....you are interpreting that to mean what scripture does not say. Jesus was "with" his Father "in the beginning", which indicates the beginning of creation. The pre-human Jesus was always God's "only begotten son"....it was by means of him that ALL creation came into existence.....he is "the beginning of God's creation" (Revelation 3:14)...no tap dancing required.

*** May I have a verse that says the Christian, those in the body of Christ are chosen as kings and priests?
Revelation 20:6....
"Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years."
The “first resurrection” is only for those who are of the "elect”. These alone will rule with Christ for a thousand years. They have a specific role, and those who are raised to life in the second, or general resurrection will live on earth, (John 5:28-29) with these heavenly kings guiding and directing them through the reign of the kingdom to achieve human perfection (the removal of sin) before the devil is let loose to test mankind one last time. (Revelation:20:1-3).
Confirmation is in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16...."For this is what we tell you by Jehovah’s word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep in death; 16 because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first."
There is an order to the resurrection. Some will go to heaven in rulership positions, but the majority of those resurrected will restore God's first purpose to "fill the earth" with a perfect sinless human race. (Isaiah 55:11)

If all Christians are going to heaven, what was the point of creating humans on earth? (Isaiah 45:18)

”not all Christians have "the heavenly calling".
*** I need a verse for this too.
Hebrews 3:1...”Consequently, holy brothers, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the apostle and high priest whom we acknowledge—Jesus.”
Paul mentioned those who have “the heavenly calling”, because not all did. It is God who calls them....it’s not a role we can volunteer for, or simply by calling ourselves “Christians”.
God has criteria for these ones who must prove faithful to their death. Not everyone is cut out to be a king and a priest because one needs to qualify by their life course, not simply by the label they wear....or the things they believe. How many different beliefs are there among those who identify as Christians? They can’t all be right...but they could all be wrong. The “weeds” are after all, a product of the devil.....a clever counterfeiter.

1 Corinthians 1:2..."to the church of God that is in Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, and called to be saints, with all those in every place who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours."

*** The above verse is talking about me because I'm a member of the Church of God, sanctified in Christ, and called to be a saint.
This clearly differentiates between those who are chosen as “saints” and those who are Christians but who are not “called” to heaven. Whether you are part of that group or not is between you and God....that is not my call.

I am not one who has received “the heavenly calling” but I know some who have. They are not any different to the rest of the congregation but are diminishing in numbers as we draw closer to the end, as we would expect.....only those of the elect left on earth when Christ returns as judge, will experience an immediate transformation to spirit life. (1 Thessalonians 4:17)

And also Colossians 1:2...
"To the saints and faithful brothers and sisters in Christ who are at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father."

*** Again, I'm a saint and in Christ.
Again...not my call, or my business. But I believe that this scriptures also identifies two groups who will be redeemed by Christ’s sacrifice. These were seen by the apostle John in his Revelation where he saw 144,000 (chosen from the earth. Revelation 14:1-4) and he also sees another “unnumbered” group who are also Christians, and asks the angel who they are?

Revelation 7:13-14....“In response one of the elders said to me: “These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?14 So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one who knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.”

The “great tribulation” occurs on earth and these ones are survivors....saved through “the end” of that world, just like Noah and his family were saved through the flood. God did not save Noah but told him how to save himself.....it required effort in the face of great opposition and hostility....and we have received the same instruction, and must also face the same kind of hostility. (Matthew 24:37-39; John 15:18-21)

It’s all about interpretation....not just “what” we believe, but “who”..... and the fact that Christ’s true disciples would be a global brotherhood, united in belief and practice (1 Corinthians 1:10) and who will be found “doing the will of the Father” when we all face Jesus as our judge. (Matthew 7:21-23) He will not look at labels but at what we accept as truth. Since it is is God who reveals his truth to us, (John 6:65) he will gather his people into one group who will be a hated minority because they will not accept what the “weeds” of Christendom teach. (John 15:18-21) They will have accepted the truth as God has revealed it to them.

If we prefer our own ideas, then God will allow us to keep them. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12)
He will never force us to believe what we do not want to....he doesn’t have to.

As it says in Matthew 7:21-23, at the judgment, the majority will find themselves rejected by the one they claim as their “Lord”. They have been on the wrong road all along. (Matthew 7:13-14)

There is but one truth, and it’s up to us to ask God to reveal it to us.....he will if our minds and hearts are not set in concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.