What Does Faith Really Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biblem

Mar 26, 2023
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
What is faith? This is a question that has been asked throughout history, in different ways such as; How do I grow my Faith? What does Faith do for me? and there are many different answers depending on who you ask. But what does the Bible say about faith?

In short, faith is ....

Reactions: MatthewG and Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is faith? This is a question that has been asked throughout history, in different ways such as; How do I grow my Faith? What does Faith do for me? and there are many different answers depending on who you ask. But what does the Bible say about faith?

In short, faith is ....
Faith is one of those words you really can't define, I don't think, unless you use a synonym: Trust.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In short, faith is ....
Hello Biblem, welcome to CyB!

Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

To me faith and trust are close cousins. We believe in the things we hope for without seeing a way, but God responds in a big way when our trust/faith is strong and sure. If we doubt, we can expect nothing to happen. We also need to know or ask for His will to be done and know that, His will is always in your favor.

We cannot please God without faith:

Hebrews 11:6
"6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

Faith is literally believing without seeing..."Blessed is he who believes without seeing..."

Hope this helped some :)

Reactions: MatthewG and Biblem

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello sir/maam.

It’s trusting in the promises of God.

“And faith is of things hoped for a confidence, of matters not seen a conviction, for in this were the elders testified of; by faith we understand the ages to have been prepared by a saying of God, in regard to the things seen not having come out of things appearing; by faith a better sacrifice did Abel offer to God than Cain, through which he was testified to be righteous, God testifying of his gifts, and through it, he being dead, doth yet speak. By faith Enoch was translated — not to see death, and was not found, because God did translate him; for before his translation he had been testified to — that he had pleased God well, and apart from faith it is impossible to please well, for it behoveth him who is coming to God to believe that He is, and to those seeking Him He becometh a rewarder.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11‬:‭1‬-‭6‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Reactions: Biblem