What does Jesus say? What does the Bible say?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I waited on the LORD my friend . I always prayed for my neighbor .
He was tormented big time . I had no fear of him , but he would throw rocks in my yard .
Kill my cats . This was back in twenty twelve and twenty thirteen . He would scream from within his house at me .
It was bad for several years . I never responded back to him at all .
I did tell him about JESUS when i first moved in .
What i did not know was that he had a gun . The day of july thirteenth of twenty thirteen
he had killed and skinned my cat .
We found this out later . That very night he took the gun and killed himself . I was so sad for him .
But he could have very well took my life at any time . GOD is always in control . ALL we can do is pray for them my friend .
Even the police knew he was off . He called the cops on me one night
accusing me of loud music and etc . I asked the cops to walk in and find a stereo anywhere .
I said he needs help . THEY KNEW HE DID . they said we know . But no one did anything .
I prayed for the man . But in the end he chose the lake of fire over Christ . I still feel sad when i think about it .
But i did at least tell him about JESUS .
You said about cats, that is something else he does by putting rat poison down, but it cannot be proved it was him.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I waited on the LORD my friend . I always prayed for my neighbor .
He was tormented big time . I had no fear of him , but he would throw rocks in my yard .
Kill my cats . This was back in twenty twelve and twenty thirteen . He would scream from within his house at me .
It was bad for several years . I never responded back to him at all .
I did tell him about JESUS when i first moved in .
What i did not know was that he had a gun . The day of july thirteenth of twenty thirteen
he had killed and skinned my cat .
We found this out later . That very night he took the gun and killed himself . I was so sad for him .
But he could have very well took my life at any time . GOD is always in control . ALL we can do is pray for them my friend .
Even the police knew he was off . He called the cops on me one night
accusing me of loud music and etc . I asked the cops to walk in and find a stereo anywhere .
I said he needs help . THEY KNEW HE DID . they said we know . But no one did anything .
I prayed for the man . But in the end he chose the lake of fire over Christ . I still feel sad when i think about it .
But i did at least tell him about JESUS .
I am sorry to hear it. Your problems sound like mine.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have just got back after taking the dog for a short walk before bedtime, and thinking about it, I think I know what it means to turn the other cheek. I know what it meant in Roman occupied Israel, but this is a different situation.

Let me tell you. A few weeks ago my neighbour's guttering needed repairing. But because he had built his conservatory right up to my boundary the builders could not get a ladder up, so I said they could put it on my patio and the guttering got fixed. Then a few weeks later he asked me if he could come onto my part to paint his fence, which he is in the process of doing. I wonder if this is the modern version of turning the other cheek, because although the problems have not ended, they are fewer. Just a thought. In a nutshell, I have not retaliated as Jesus was saying in regard to turning the other cheek, but instead, I have gone the extra mile which Jesus also taught and things seem a bit better.
With Christian love, Cooper.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is unfortunate, Amigo. It happens though sometimes.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
https://youtube.com/shorts/JdUCW--RlSs?

Video above is 1 minute long with attached scripture through it.

Jesus said this : ““Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.””

‭‭Mark‬ ‭3:28-30‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 7:14-23 (Heart of Man)

Hello you, this is a video talking about Ma 7:14-23 which talks about the condition of the heart of man. Going verse by verse and it may be hard to get through however may you learn something brought to you hear from the good news sharing channel.

with love,

Matthew G

“When He had called all the #multitude to Himself, He said to them, “#Hear Me, everyone, and #understand: There is nothing that enters a #man from outside which can #defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man. If anyone has #ears to hear, let him hear!” When He had entered a #house #away from the #crowd, His #disciples asked Him concerning the #parable. So He said to them, “Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is #eliminated, thus #purifying all #foods?” And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. For from within, out of the #heart of men, proceed #evil #thoughts, #adulteries, #fornications, #murders, #thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, #blasphemy, #pride, #foolishness. All these evil #things come from #within and defile a man.””

‭‭#Mark‬ ‭7:14-23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Mark 7:14-23 When He had called all the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear Me, everyone, and understand: There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come ou | New King James Version (NKJV) | Download The Bible App Now

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. “Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭16:24-28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello you the video above is a three minute reading of scriptures below along with a tiny big of expounding.

Would you also like to expound and share with others from what you get in seeing the text below. Remember that these are words from our Lord Jesus, who we place trust and faith in what He has said.

What can one learn?

““But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.

To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also.

And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.

Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back.

And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

“But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.

And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.

And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back.

But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High.

For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.

Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:27-36‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

That is why we Christians do not participate in war Matt.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.

To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also.
while the old man and the world teaches us not to do that

be kinder to those who are kind to you and 10x more evil for those who hate you that's my nature always tells me

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning @stredaleve,

So what you are suggesting is that our fleshly nature has a desire or the capability of someone comes up to you hateful, mean, aggressive of they even murder one of your family members or harms a child it desires to retract the same amount of damage to others?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one learns without understanding and accepting their own ignorance & inadequacy

That is one reason that brought me to the realization that Jesus Christ is needed in my own life. Far away from perfect, though could and will say my life spiritually has grown a lot compared to what it once was 5 years ago going on 6 now.

Im not a perfect human being. I am capable of being wrong, and I’m capable of making mistakes because of the flesh that is lived in.

Though the spirit of Christ and what comes from God through also the Holy Spirit causes, love, forgiveness, mercy, patience, peace, long suffering, mercy, and joy. With knowing that because of Faith one has the ability to achieve peace with God through faith… is a big eye opener and even though mistakes are made our Father in heaven here is there to listen and to help all believers in those times.

There is no one else in this life like the Lord Jesus Christ and He is so important and needed in this life abide in because we can not do anything without him.

One must hold on to Christ and rely on Him be being a branch. He is the one who provides nutrition and water that comes from above that feeds our new inner man or woman, which helps to live by the Holy Spirit and spirit of Christ with in us, who are believers who are born again by the spirit from above.

““I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:1-5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Thank you for your post, Post lol.

With love in Christ,
Matthew G.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My problem, from the beginning, has been with having to constantly tear down and begin again, but this time without some preconceived notion that I heard somewhere and latched onto, which caused me to ignore some verse or verses.

Reactions: marks and amadeus

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Good morning @stredaleve,

So what you are suggesting is that our fleshly nature has a desire or the capability of someone comes up to you hateful, mean, aggressive of they even murder one of your family members or harms a child it desires to retract the same amount of damage to others?
not the same amount but more than the amount that was given based on the amount of ANGER

just like the guard that was just doing it's job but been beaten to death by angry people you can see in the drone shot how the angry mob were dragging a guard that looks to be lifeless yet the people still beating the guard nonstop even when something has exploded and it looks like blood even then the people did not stop in the end 2 guards on duty died at that place

isn't the world teaches us what true JUSTICE is? if someone has scammed you would you also offer that scammer your savings? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
on some news an old lady offered her savings to the one who robbed her but the robber did not accept but gave a kiss and a hug instead
i'm sure your nature will tell you to call the police but the word of God will tell you to forgive the scammer and not to put them behind bars

see this i've also asked about these things years ago by offering your other cheek to the scammer after the scammer scammed you but i still don't know what to do but for sure my nature just like other people and the world will tell me not to be an IDIOT