What does Jesus say? What does the Bible say?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My problem, from the beginning, has been with having to constantly tear down and begin again, but this time without some preconceived notion that I heard somewhere and latched onto, which caused me to ignore some verse or verses.
Tearing down and beginning again many times is the best thing for you. It certainly is for me.

The following verses for many years now have described how I regularly am willing to tear it all down and start it all over again as God directs me:

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

Proceed all the way to the bottom [the lowest room] holding onto nothing but God alone and then let Him reinstate anything worthwhile or correct and replace anything that does not fit into what He ultimately has for you.
Will you change? Probably!
Will you grow? Hopefully!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat. And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, “Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!” But He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests? Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless? Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple. But if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless. For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.””

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭12:1-8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Jesus being judged by the Pharisees which is something that happens still today sometimes people will judge you and even mock you when it comes to some people’s interpretations of scripture itself, because you don’t believe like they do.

You can’t do this you can’t do that, it’s big in some religious where they believe that you have to obey the law in order to please God that is so much further from the truth.

As believers today we live by faith and that faith in Jesus should produce love in a believers life. But faith alone is the only thing that pleases God. Not a list of doing this and doing that; let God work with you in your heart and mind, even look and go feed off the words of Jesus and what He says and commands which is to Love God and love others.

Keep faith.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Rich Man ~ New Living Translation ~ Will possibly start doing commentary on these soon again.
17 As Jesus was starting out on his way to Jerusalem, a man came running up to him, knelt down, and asked, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good. 19 But to answer your question, you know the commandments: ‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. You must not cheat anyone. Honor your father and mother.’”

20 “Teacher,” the man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.”

21 Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. “There is still one thing you haven’t done,” he told him. “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 At this the man’s face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God!” 24 This amazed them. But Jesus said again, “Dear children, it is very hard to enter the Kingdom of God. 25 In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”

26 The disciples were astounded. “Then who in the world can be saved?” they asked.

27 Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God. Everything is possible with God.”

28 Then Peter began to speak up. “We’ve given up everything to follow you,” he said.

29 “Yes,” Jesus replied, “and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News,

30 will receive now in return a hundred times as many houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property—along with persecution. And in the world to come that person will have eternal life. 31 But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then.”

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this passage.

When the man asked what he must do to have eternal life, Jesus gave of the 5 commandments that have to do with righteousness, loving your neighbor as much as yourself.

The other 5 He began referring to have to do with holiness, loving God.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Murder begins in the ❤️ heart.

Jesus said this to His disciples after he went up on the mountain - Just as Moses has did up Mount Sinai (Exodus 19:3;24:18;34:4)
““You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:21-26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Murder begins in the ❤️ heart.

Jesus said this to His disciples after he went up on the mountain - Just as Moses has did up Mount Sinai (Exodus 19:3;24:18;34:4)
““You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:21-26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Ah…I remember grasping that for the first time.
I remember thinking, oh my gosh…here I’ve been fussing over if I’m sinning to smoke cigarettes or work on Sunday and everything outward, and I’m a dang MURDERER with all my angers and seething resentments and offendedness…!

That’s when I learned to just focus on God and trusting God and my insides.
If the inside of the cup is clean, the outside just will be as well.

Reactions: MatthewG and marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think about the power of the word written in ink, StunnedbyGrace? Is its effects like that of a lighting bolt striking the darkness of ones heart if one may stumble and come to find out the inner workings of their very own soul?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think about the power of the word written in ink, StunnedbyGrace? Is its effects like that of a lighting bolt striking the darkness of ones heart if one may stumble and come to find out the inner workings of their very own soul?

It’s for training in righteousness. I have run into some problems because what God says is right (like I’ve already murdered a man if I have anger in my heart at him) has not always been what I have thought is right. I insisted that since I’ve never bludgeoned or shot a man to death, I’ve never murdered a man.
I was looking at the letter of the word, not the spirit. And the letter kills but the spirit brings life. When I thought I wasn’t a murderer I was prideful enough to believe I was better than other men.

But God desires those who will worship Him in spirit and truth. And it is what comes from a mans heart that defiles him.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG and marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not many people understand that. Haha. Good thing you do, because it is easier to kill a person in your heart than actually killing someone; because of the known consequences which is sometimes life in prison. It would be much easier to do in the heart; and sometimes people can hold grudges for a very long time and that bitterness make a person have a very hard heart.

Hatred for others was something very big in my heart before really coming to God in which when I accepted Jesus that hate was still there. It took about a year or two for it really to go away, it is why steadfast learning about what the Bible talks about is good for edification and growth in knowledge but ultimately in growing the spirit of Christ with in abiding in Him.

Ive asked someone before have you ever murdered someone before; they say no. Then when you ask what about hate: they will try to justify it by not saying they have actually killed someone. However the Bible expresses what you stated.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not many people understand that. Haha. Good thing you do, because it is easier to kill a person in your heart than actually killing someone; because of the known consequences which is sometimes life in prison. It would be much easier to do in the heart; and sometimes people can hold grudges for a very long time and that bitterness make a person have a very hard heart.

Hatred for others was something very big in my heart before really coming to God in which when I accepted Jesus that hate was still there. It took about a year or two for it really to go away, it is why steadfast learning about what the Bible talks about is good for edification and growth in knowledge but ultimately in growing the spirit of Christ with in abiding in Him.

Ive asked someone before have you ever murdered someone before; they say no. Then when you ask what about hate: they will try to justify it by not saying they have actually killed someone. However the Bible expresses what you stated.
Oh that’s good! It took way longer than a year or 2 for me, but I was a really hard case. Very stubborn too. But He had a lot of work to do as I was very convinced I was trusting Him but was sneaky about insisting I was trusting while I was really not, or I wouldn’t have been so worried about everything.

Reactions: marks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see men murder each other in here daily. It makes me very scared for them because God says He won’t forgive them if they don’t forgive others. Yet I think I see at times that they’ve received the Spirit, so I wonder if they will live in outer darkness if He doesn’t stop them. Or if they will have all their works burned up, barely saved as if through fire…

But then I recall how patient He has been with me and I pray for them.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am guilty of being stubborn and hardheaded of not letting others see things how they are going to see things. A lot of the time it’s my passion for my belief that are sometimes far beyond what people consider when it comes to The Father in heaven and His will, because sometimes that darkness that is still with-in us can sometimes cause blindness to see through the fog. As the Bible puts it we see through a glass darkly. It’s good that God through Jesus is still working with you in allowing his light to shine and not our darkness. Because without either Jesus we are rendered to produce not any fruit whatsoever.

You mention sometimes you see light in them. It’s because the Holy Spirit and spirit of Christ is in them; the flesh is what produces the darkness that causes us to fight for our right.

Anyone who places faith in Jesus and has love even if it is not a lot of love, are saved. Because of Gods grace and it’s nothing of ourselves.

It’s the flesh that becomes dominate however if one allows the spirit to grow so will Jesus come through in the actions they take. All of us have thorns in our side and none are perfect in the flesh, you remember what the Lord said to Paul anyway? My grace is sufficient enough for you, which goes for you yourself, and me; and anyone else who is a believer by faith.

These are some of my own thoughts about that subject. I could be wrong but Paul suffered and so did Jesus suffer in the flesh.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When our Lord was in His earthly body He learned the obedience of trust and obedience to Gods will through the things He suffered.
At least that’s how I interpret the verse.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Am guilty of being stubborn and hardheaded of not letting others see things how they are going to see things. A lot of the time it’s my passion for my belief that are sometimes far beyond what people consider when it comes to The Father in heaven and His will, because sometimes that darkness that is still with-in us can sometimes cause blindness to see through the fog. As the Bible puts it we see through a glass darkly. It’s good that God through Jesus is still working with you in allowing his light to shine and not our darkness. Because without either Jesus we are rendered to produce not any fruit whatsoever.

You mention sometimes you see light in them. It’s because the Holy Spirit and spirit of Christ is in them; the flesh is what produces the darkness that causes us to fight for our right.

Anyone who places faith in Jesus and has love even if it is not a lot of love, are saved. Because of Gods grace and it’s nothing of ourselves.

It’s the flesh that becomes dominate however if one allows the spirit to grow so will Jesus come through in the actions they take. All of us have thorns in our side and none are perfect in the flesh, you remember what the Lord said to Paul anyway? My grace is sufficient enough for you, which goes for you yourself, and me; and anyone else who is a believer by faith.

These are some of my own thoughts about that subject. I could be wrong but Paul suffered and so did Jesus suffer in the flesh.
Earlier, I was thinking about the Lord telling Paul that His grace was sufficient, and I thought, "But my suffering is worse than most! Can His grace be enough even for me?" I got my answer...it is! In my eyes, this is a miracle!
I'll be at the place where I feel overwhelmed with pain and fatigue and then in desperation, I cry out to Him, and then somehow, something intangible changes. And then I'm okay. The symptoms are there...they just seem different. And then I'm free to sing to Him! Where's my guitar?!?!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said ;
““Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭3:28-30‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The greatest sin is to have unbelief. Don’t let the sin of unbelief come into your friend.

John 3:18 KJV
18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Much love!

Reactions: MatthewG and Truman

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earlier, I was thinking about the Lord telling Paul that His grace was sufficient, and I thought, "But my suffering is worse than most! Can His grace be enough even for me?" I got my answer...it is! In my eyes, this is a miracle!
I'll be at the place where I feel overwhelmed with pain and fatigue and then in desperation, I cry out to Him, and then somehow, something intangible changes. And then I'm okay. The symptoms are there...they just seem different. And then I'm free to sing to Him! Where's my guitar?!?!

I had a time recently when I was in a lot of intense pain. I said, I accept this from your hands Lord. But it really, really hurts. The same sort of thing happened to me then. The pain was still there but…it didn’t hurt as bad somehow.

Reactions: marks and Truman

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also marvel a lot over Stephen. It has to hurt terribly bad being stoned to death and yet, he was seeing something so magnificent that it reads like he wasn’t feeling it so much…

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish someone would tell me how to deal with my narcissistic neighbour.
I've known several people with NPD/Sociopathy, and I've never found a way to deal with it, except to watch my back. I supervised a man with NPD on the job for 3 years in one company, and the for about 10 years in another company. He was actually a Christian man, and I could see his internal conflict played out in life. But he never seemed to be aware of the underlying condition. And nothing I ever did changed anything.

Much love!

Reactions: Cooper

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pain is part of life. Fleshly pain will be there. It’s the spiritual restoration that is of the heart that is important. We often pray for those who are sick in hopes of healing; though doctors are needed to be seen to get treatment. If there is nothing left to be done it is just bearing with the pain.

I’m not someone who believes pain is ever going away, then there is the heart pains and suffering for Christ to have love for others even in ones physical ailments.

Suffering for Christ is much different; when people hate you or dislike you; you don’t hate or dislike them back as Christians we love them, forgive them, have mercy on them.

If someone talks bad about you you don’t go and talk bad about the back we pray for them.

Death is inevitable in this body : to be completely honest with you and there are many to people with many different physical pains but the real sickness that is in need of healing is the heart in which the Holy Spirit/spirit of Christ provides; that is what is the most important understanding ones peace with God through faith, and how one is forgiven and love but it’s not just all about ourselves is about the care of others in need of spiritual healing that only comes from Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not the same amount but more than the amount that was given based on the amount of ANGER

just like the guard that was just doing it's job but been beaten to death by angry people you can see in the drone shot how the angry mob were dragging a guard that looks to be lifeless yet the people still beating the guard nonstop even when something has exploded and it looks like blood even then the people did not stop in the end 2 guards on duty died at that place

isn't the world teaches us what true JUSTICE is? if someone has scammed you would you also offer that scammer your savings? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
on some news an old lady offered her savings to the one who robbed her but the robber did not accept but gave a kiss and a hug instead
i'm sure your nature will tell you to call the police but the word of God will tell you to forgive the scammer and not to put them behind bars

see this i've also asked about these things years ago by offering your other cheek to the scammer after the scammer scammed you but i still don't know what to do but for sure my nature just like other people and the world will tell me not to be an IDIOT
Justice is contained within Love.

Much love!