What does Our Savior consider Idolatry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
nice post, good to see you getting away from relying on the wolves for your dogma.
Yes, there are Living Stones in any church, including the Catholic one i guess.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"He that hears you, hears me; and he that despises you, despises me; and he that despises me, despises him that sent me" (Luke 10:16).

Like the passage about binding and loosing, this passage denotes that the preaching of the Apostles is authoritative. To hear the Apostles is to hear Christ; the preaching of the Apostles is the agency through which faith in Christ is born. "And not for them only do I pray, but for them also who through their word shall believe in me" (John 17:20); St. Paul says the same, "Faith then comes by hearing; and hearing by the word of God" (Rom. 10:17). The word of the Apostles is life-giving; not only this, but despising the message means despising Christ, and thus God the Father. Jesus do not say,"He who does not believe the Scriptures despises me", but "He who despises you despises me." The message comes with authority. An invisible Church - a loose spiritual communion of Christians with diverse beliefs about everything from baptism to salvation to the Rapture to the morality of contraception - cannot preach an authoritative message. There is no common witness. Only a message coming from something that has an institutional nature can possess this kind of authority.
The Visible Church

Reactions: Marymog

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He that hears you, hears me; and he that despises you, despises me; and he that despises me, despises him that sent me" (Luke 10:16).

Like the passage about binding and loosing, this passage denotes that the preaching of the Apostles is authoritative. To hear the Apostles is to hear Christ; the preaching of the Apostles is the agency through which faith in Christ is born. "And not for them only do I pray, but for them also who through their word shall believe in me" (John 17:20); St. Paul says the same, "Faith then comes by hearing; and hearing by the word of God" (Rom. 10:17). The word of the Apostles is life-giving; not only this, but despising the message means despising Christ, and thus God the Father. Jesus do not say,"He who does not believe the Scriptures despises me", but "He who despises you despises me." The message comes with authority. An invisible Church - a loose spiritual communion of Christians with diverse beliefs about everything from baptism to salvation to the Rapture to the morality of contraception - cannot preach an authoritative message. There is no common witness. Only a message coming from something that has an institutional nature can possess this kind of authority.
The Visible Church

If God were to remove His Spirit from the earth...this institutional church you speak of would remain.

Walking on the sea: Peter is not the focal point. Jesus Christ is the focal point. Christ (the Lamb) is always the focal point. When peter becomes the focal point and his lack of faith(minus spirit): Peter sinks. I ask honestly: Where is your focus...on man (Peter) or God?

Exodus 24:10 KJV
[10] And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

Revelation 15:2-3KJV
[2] And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. [3] And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Peter, Peter, Peter, peter...why is it so important for peter to be the focus while the Lamb is the one that made possible:
2 Corinthians 3:17-18 KJV
[17] Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is , there is liberty. [18] But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

There can be only on answer.
To keep the church institutionalize rather than free and for all.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I adhere to it because I Believe that the Book I read! Is Gods Word! And if you want to claim that the Catholic Church is the soul Authority for its Canonization, You go right ahead. God through Moses gave the world His word, and by the Holy Spirit, the Apostles wrote the Gospels, as also Paul wrote His Epistles. I think they were all Jews lead by the Spirit, and inspired by God to write them.

And there you go again being dishonest.
Not only did I NOT say that the Catholic Church was the SOLE Authority for the Canonization of Scripture - I stated that the Holy Spirit revealed the Canon to the Church - and the Church declared it.

So, again I ask you: Why would you adhere to a canon of Scripture that was declared by an "evil" entity like the Catholic Church??
And IF you accept what this "evil" entity declared as Scripture - why don't you believe everything it teaches?

I answered your question, I adhere to it because I believe it to be the word Of God! I was not trying to be Dishonest, So if by the Holy Spirit the Catholic Church received revelation to the Cannon of Scripture, and the Church declared it, and this is the Tradition of the Church, Go for It!
I will always believe that God made known His Word, through Moses, and the Prophets, and through the Apostles, by the Holy Spirit. there is a book called the Septuagint! It is the Old Testament translated from Hebrew to Greek, by Seventy Hebrew Scholars, at the request of Alexander, after he conquered Israel and Egypt. So there were other books to reveal reference to Gods Word!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered your question, I adhere to it because I believe it to be the word Of God! I was not trying to be Dishonest, So if by the Holy Spirit the Catholic Church received revelation to the Cannon of Scripture, and the Church declared it, and this is the Tradition of the Church, Go for It!
I will always believe that God made known His Word, through Moses, and the Prophets, and through the Apostles, by the Holy Spirit. there is a book called the Septuagint! It is the Old Testament translated from Hebrew to Greek, by Seventy Hebrew Scholars, at the request of Alexander, after he conquered Israel and Egypt. So there were other books to reveal reference to Gods Word!
No - you were being dishonest because you said that the Catholic Church considered itself to be the sole authority for the canonization of Scripture. The Church gives ALL the credit and glory to the Holy Spirit - not itself.

You dodged my question - so here it is again:
Why
would you adhere to a canon of Scripture that was declared by an "evil" entity like the Catholic Church??
And IF you accept what this "evil" entity declared as Scripture - why don't you believe everything it teaches?

Reactions: Marymog

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - you were being dishonest because you said that the Catholic Church considered itself to be the sole authority for the canonization of Scripture. The Church gives ALL the credit and glory to the Holy Spirit - not itself.

You dodged my question - so here it is again:
Why
would you adhere to a canon of Scripture that was declared by an "evil" entity like the Catholic Church??

In my opinion there will never be an answer that will satisfy you, I think that you will continue to try to find fault with anyone that doesn't agree with you or your Doctrine, Last time! I believe that the book I read is the WORD OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my opinion there will never be an answer that will satisfy you, I think that you will continue to try to find fault with anyone that doesn't agree with you or your Doctrine, Last time! I believe that the book I read is the WORD OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I may chime in...if you don't want to answer, I'm ok with that also. I have two simple questions:

How do you know that the book you read is the word of God? How was this revealed to you?

Mary

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may chime in...if you don't want to answer, I'm ok with that also. I have two simple questions:

How do you know that the book you read is the word of God? How was this revealed to you?

Mary

Well I have a KJV
I have had a Septuagint, The OT translated into Greek, which I used to reference, Greek words as also Hebrew words.
I have a Tanach and a Chumash, both OT versions from Hebrew to English.
I also have a version translated from the Latin Vulgate to English, which is excepted by the RCC
As far as it being revealed, I can only say that I believe, by how it has been an Inspiration, which others would say the Holy Spirit!

Reactions: Job

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I have a KJV
I have had a Septuagint, The OT translated into Greek, which I used to reference, Greek words as also Hebrew words.
I have a Tanach and a Chumash, both OT versions from Hebrew to English.
I also have a version translated from the Latin Vulgate to English, which is excepted by the RCC
As far as it being revealed, I can only say that I believe, by how it has been an Inspiration, which others would say the Holy Spirit!
Hi truth,

I don't understand your answer. You listed the Septuagint, Tanach, Chumash and you seem to believe the KJV (translated in the 15th century) is the translation you can trust. Giving me a list of books you read doesn't answer my question: How you know they are the revealed words of God? How was this revealed to YOU?

I think what you are saying is that you know you are reading the word of God because of "Inspiration" or the Holy Spirit?

Who did the Holy Spirit reveal it to? Who had the inspiration to make the list or put together the books in the bible?

Mary

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's true. I would advise using the ignore function for this individual. It will make your visits here much more enjoyable.

It did for me.
default_biggrin.png

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of your shouting aside - I am trying to understand how you people, who think that the Catholic Church is this "evil" entity - the "whore of Balylon" - yet you accept the Canon of Scripture that they declared to the world under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

How can you justify that?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's true. I would advise using the ignore function for this individual. It will make your visits here much more enjoyable.

It did for me. .
It just gave you a place to hide so you wouldn't have to answer any more questions . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary
Chiming in also. I can answer that.

I called upon God. He answered, and I was taken in the spirit to a place only God could know, whom told me of myself and of Him. Then he lead me to the bible (perhaps an NIV or KJV), wherein He confirmed at numerous points, that He was the Author of both my spiritual experience and of that book. Which tells me that the providence of His word down through the ages, is not the providence of men or of churches made up of men, but of God alone. Since then, I have come to know and recognize the Holy Spirit at every turn. He is with me, and in me.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I called upon God. He answered, and I was taken in the spirit to a place only God could know, whom told me of myself and of Him. Then he lead me to the bible (perhaps an NIV or KJV), wherein He confirmed at numerous points, that He was the Author of both my spiritual experience and of that book. Which tells me that the providence of His word down through the ages, is not the providence of men or of churches made up of men, but of God alone. Since then, I have come to know and recognize the Holy Spirit at every turn. He is with me, and in me.
Hi Scott,

Which bible? The one with 66 books or 73 books?

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Brave man, brave post. Somehow on this forum whenever we speak of " the precious things" that God has taken us through in our walk...it gets kicked back or torn apart.
Good testimony . amen

Reactions: Richard_oti

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scott,

Why not 73 books?

What about all those people that called upon God and His answer to them was 73 books? What if they were also taken in the spirit to a place only God could know and they were told something different than you?

Those same men and women who accept 73 books believe they have come to know and recognize the Holy Spirit at every turn and they believe He is with them and in them.

Why are they wrong and you right about the number of inspired books?

IHS....Mary