What does the Bible say about when Jesus Christ would return?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He dosent believe in a future second coming of Jesus in the heavens or a resurrection of the dead in Christ, all has been fulfilled "Full Preterism"

I have stated I believe that Jesus returns and got his bride, also I have stated people will be resurrected.

Please be nice enough to read and believe me what I am saying.

Thank you,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please if anyone would like to, moving forward please bring anymore scripture evidence found in the Bible.

What does the Bible say about when Jesus would return?

It’s a good thought provoking question if you would like to, know the Bible provides the evidences.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can continue to believe futurism if you would like to. :)
One more piece of wisdom I would like to pass on.

My denomination encourages us to use tradition, reason, and experience in interpreting scripture. (Hopefully the Holy Spirit is involved also!) Theologians ("tradition") have long noted that the Kingdom of God has both a present and a future dimension. The "Now - but Not Yet". Christ DOES rule in the hearts of believers NOW - but there is a future consummation that is Yet To Be. This can be seen in the scriptures, and my empirical observations ("experience") confirm it.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He dosent believe in a future second coming of Jesus in the heavens or a resurrection of the dead in Christ, all has been fulfilled "Full Preterism"
No, he said he believes in a future resurrection. I was quoting his post #47. I want to make sure I understand his position so that I don't repeat the same mistake that took me 3 pages to figure out. And I want to help him think through the logical consequences of what he believes.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have stated I believe that Jesus returns and got his bride, also I have stated people will be resurrected.

Please be nice enough to read and believe me what I am saying.

Thank you,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher
I'm Fully Aware Of Your Belief, And You Dont Believe That The Events Below Are "Future"

Yes the two events below being seen as literal and future are pillars, of what is considered to be Christian Orthodoxy

You don't believe in a future second coming of Jesus in the heavens or a future resurrection of the dead in Christ, all has been fulfilled "Full Preterism"

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please be aware that you are starting to now telling what I do or do not believe. If you do not mind @Truth7t7 I would kindly ask you to refrain posting towards me anymore about what I do or do not believe. I have not condemned you or said your wrong or anything.

Your faith in what you believe is between you and God if you believe in the near futuristic view of your theology and eschatology beliefs. By all means have at it.

But please be respectful towards me and on this thread.

Thank you,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One more piece of wisdom I would like to pass on.

My denomination encourages us to use tradition, reason, and experience in interpreting scripture. (Hopefully the Holy Spirit is involved also!) Theologians ("tradition") have long noted that the Kingdom of God has both a present and a future dimension. The "Now - but Not Yet". Christ DOES rule in the hearts of believers NOW - but there is a future consummation that is Yet To Be. This can be seen in the scriptures, and my empirical observations ("experience") confirm it.

Thank you for your encouragement I believe those things are helpful to know to some degree or another. As though I do believe everything has been fulfilled by Christ. That doesn’t mean there is no reason to carry out the message of sharing and teaching Christ and teaching the Bible and what it does say, considering the context and the time then and there and that culture of people.

Very helpful to overall view and scope of getting as close as you can get to knowing God and traveling with God through the old t, and traveling with his son in the new. God desires all to come to know his son. Age-during life is founded in knowing God and knowing the Son.

:)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lambano,

Sin has been paid for, we will die, however Jesus has conquered over death, and sin. Those in Christ are able to have help overcoming their evil heart in allowing God to work on them. Unbelievers will not seem to have this help as they willingly may reject God for the moment.

Does this help you understand?
Once Again, Do you believe in a "Future" bodily resurrection of the dead in Christ?

1 Corinthians 15
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 3:12-13 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called, “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
I have to point out that this is an exhortation to overcome our sinful, deceitful hearts. It seemed to be necessary then - and now.

One of the reasons I'm a futurist is that while Christ did overcome sin and death, I observe that sin and death still cause suffering for us in the Now. I have hope that in the Yet To Come, sin and death and the suffering they bring will be no more.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As though I do believe everything has been fulfilled by Christ. That doesn’t mean there is no reason to carry out the message of sharing and teaching Christ and teaching the Bible and what it does say, considering the context and the time then and there and that culture of people.

Very helpful to overall view and scope of getting as close as you can get to knowing God and traveling with God through the old t, and traveling with his son in the new. God desires all to come to know his son. Age-during life is founded in knowing God and knowing the Son.

:)
Yes you believe the second coming and bodily resurrection has been fulfilled in Jesus Christ, there isn't any future fulfillment, correct me if I'm wrong?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once Again, Do you believe in a "Future" bodily resurrection of the dead in Christ?

1 Corinthians 15
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Yes you believe the second coming and bodily resurrection has been fulfilled in Jesus Christ, there isn't any future fulfillment, correct me if I'm wrong?

No longer answering these questions. I’ve done stated my beliefs and I don’t desire to go over them again.

This thread is dedicated to anyone who desires to share scriptures about “what does the Bible say about when Jesus returns”.

Thank you,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please be aware that you are starting to now telling what I do or do not believe. If you do not mind @Truth7t7 I would kindly ask you to refrain posting towards me anymore about what I do or do not believe. I have not condemned you or said your wrong or anything.

Your faith in what you believe is between you and God if you believe in the near futuristic view of your theology and eschatology beliefs. By all means have at it.

But please be respectful towards me and on this thread.

Thank you,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher
I have not condemned you or been disrespectful as you claim, we are in discussion about our beliefs

You dont believe in a "Future" literal second coming of Jesus in the heavens, or a "Future" bodily resurrection of the dead in Christ, correct me if I'm wrong?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to point out that this is an exhortation to overcome our sinful, deceitful hearts. It seemed to be necessary then - and now.

Absolutely it does… there are many principles and applications that can be learned through the scriptures and by the teaching of the Holy Spirit. When people connect and get closer to God by reading the word. I wouldn’t say the Bible is unnecessary and in fact it does help grow ones faith in the promises of God.

Such as deliverance from darkness and an evil heart to a new heart of light being part of the kingdom now with your new spiritual inner person that was newly created in Christ when one starts to believe. When they learn so many Great and awesome and amazing lessons from the Master Jesus.

When he talks he talks on so many different levels that go deep… it’s profound.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No longer answering these questions. I’ve done stated my beliefs and I don’t desire to go over them again.

This thread is dedicated to anyone who desires to share scriptures about “what does the Bible say about when Jesus returns”.

Thank you,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher
Perhaps this thread is a platform to present your system of belief, regarding when you believe the Lord has/will return, and it's apparently not a future event :)

Reactions: MatthewG

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some more scripture:

In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a down payment of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory. (Ephesians 1:13-14)

What we have been given is only a down payment on a final inheritance. I have observed that Jesus's people have not yet received the full inheritance, or we would be better than we are.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn’t say the Bible is unnecessary and in fact it does help grow ones faith in the promises of God.

Such as deliverance from darkness and an evil heart to a new heart of light being part of the kingdom now with your new spiritual inner person that was newly created in Christ when one starts to believe. When they learn so many Great and awesome and amazing lessons from the Master Jesus.

When he talks he talks on so many different levels that go deep… it’s profound.
God promises a New Heaven And Earth, Do You Believe God's Promise?

2 Peter 3:13KJV
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some more scripture:

In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a down payment of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory. (Ephesians 1:13-14)

What we have been given is only a down payment on a final inheritance. I have observed that Jesus's people have not yet received the full inheritance, or we would be better than we are.

At least we have half of it while living here in the now right? Think about it, you have the same spirit that resurrected Christ from the dead living in you. How profound is that to know and intimate relationship can be established by being in Christ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God promises a New Heaven And Earth, Do You Believe God's Promise?

2 Peter 3:13KJV
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Yes I believe the new earth and new heavens is a place which is now. Where people can freely worship God in spirit and in truth having a relationship with the Father and learning and growing about the Father and the son, as you mature in your spiritual walk and life with God. That will last forever after this life, which will you will given the rewards for serving God willingly in Faith.

The Jewish people only understood their heaven and earth their world which was destroyed in 70 Ad.