What does the Bible say about when Jesus Christ would return?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least we have half of it while living here in the now right? Think about it, you have the same spirit that resurrected Christ from the dead living in you. How profound is that to know and intimate relationship can be established by being in Christ.
We Disagree, Revelation Chapters 21/22 represent the "Future" Eternal Kingdom in the New Heaven and Earth

Matt you can believe as you desire, but denial of a "Future" visible return of Jesus in the heavens, and a "Future" bodily resurrection of the dead in Christ?

The two items mentioned above are pillars of the Christian Faith and Orthodoxy

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t deny anything. I believe that Jesus is the Lord God Almighty, I do not know how to explain the return to give enough evidence to satisfy you.

It would really require me to sit down and really look and see and cross reference literally to as much I possibly can understand by historical evidence, and also the symbolism and everything that is talked about in revelation to come to the understanding correctly.

This is why I stated by faith: I believe that Jesus returned in the first century, to get the bride that was with him while he was walking around and those afterwards that would be his.

All I know my friend is regardless if you disagree with it being in the 1st century, or in the future.

God is still delivering people out of bondage to those who find and hear about Christ. Hearing the word of God increases a persons faith. If a believer is believing from the heart, God is with them.

God can help them in their life.

God can even tell them when they are in the wrong about something (when a person reacts in the fleshly proclivities- the quench of the Holy Spirit is noticed in the aware individual).

God can deliver them from the power of darkness, though we suffer from our fleshly proclivities vs the Holy Spirit.

Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit which comes to us when we believe. And dying with Christ and being risen again with him, in new born spiritual birth.

We have a Father in heaven who loves and cares for us, and His Son is the one whom we look towards to be made right with God.

The resurrection is promised to happen to all people. At the end of life I believe all souls return to God: in which judgement is made. He makes judgments in the right way, in a loving way, and correcting way, I believe.

I believe the promises of God is that getting to know God and Jesus Christ is eternal life. (This is why it’s important for others to read their Bible and be encouraged to do so.)

As a believer you are a part of the kingdom of God now today. By doing the commandments of Jesus which is have faith, and love for God and love for others always. Love is paramount over all things in the Christian walk.

Keep sharing faith in Christ always, it’s always about faith, love for God and love for others.

Jesus is the one who is the answer to a myriad of problems in my view, my King, and Lord God Almighty.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you deny the future literal, visible, return of the Lord Jesus in the heavens?

I do not.
Revelation 1:7KJV
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you deny the future bodily resurrection of the dead in Christ?
What body is that?

What if there is only now... that is, no future as men understand future? What if the changes are already in place for anyone who has already believed and continues to do so?

Please notice that I am only asking questions. If changes are needed will not God make them where He sees the need?
1 Corinthians 15:51-54KJV
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory?
If a person has already overcome the world as Jesus did, has death not already been swallowed up?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yom Teruah is the "day of shouting" or "day of trumpet blowing."

The last blast of the day is regarded as the "the last trumpet." It marks the end of the feast. (1 Corinthians 15:52)

That feast is the only one that occurs on the first day of the month. (Leviticus 23:24)

The first day of the month is determined by the sighting of the new moon. The new moon may be 29 days or 30 days after the last one. A witness must sight the new moon and it must be confirmed by the High Priest.

Hence, Yom Teruah is regarded as "the day that no man knows the day or hour."

On His first visit, Yeshua fulfilled the Spring feasts.
On His next visit He will fulfill the Fall feasts.
That is why those feasts were given to us.
They all prophesy the Arrivals of Messiah.

Reactions: Lambano

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again is a resurrection from the dead! If we have been born again, we were dead in the eyes of God, but now we have resurrected... we have already received the Life more abundantly which Jesus came to bring. Has it already begun or do wait for another time and another place?

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 1126
This isn't the resurrection, just a carnal interpretation of the down payment of the promises. Scripture is very clear on this.
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Romans 8:22-25

Someone is teaching you the doctrine of the beast. Don't fall into this strong delusion. The end of it is condemnation and death, the same condemnation of Lucifer.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

Welcome to this thread, that deals with "What does the Bible say about when Jesus Christ would return?"

To me the question is begging to be answered, though it would require every piece of evidence and fragment of scripture to put it all together to get the greatest fullest picture pertaining with this question, it may not just simply be answered by one answer that you may find.

If you would like to share some scripture that you personally have found through the Gospels, and the Apostles Letters, please feel free to do so.

God bless to all,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Hi Matt, we still do not know the day or hour, however we believe we are getting very close. The scene of this world is drastically changing, and with just a little insight it is easy to see how world conditions could escalate into the great tribulation. I truly am not looking forward to it, but want to get it over with if I am to live into it. No doubt when Jesus comes, we will rejoice and in time not even recall the very temporary pains we had to endure with the coming of the Kingdom.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't put words in my mouth. Jesus came the first time when he was born to Mary in Bethlehem. We have probably all read about that in the Bible. For me, he came the second time when he began to dwell in me. That was the second coming, was it not?
I'm sorry! I'm speaking of a second physical presence on the earth.

It's an interesting question you ask. Did He come to you the first time, that this is the second? Wouldn't His coming on Pentecost be the second coming, in the way you are saying?

But I don't mean to put words in your mouth. When Jesus comes in power and glory, will this result in His physical presence on the earth?

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't the resurrection, just a carnal interpretation of the down payment of the promises. Scripture is very clear on this.
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Romans 8:22-25

Someone is teaching you the doctrine of the beast. Don't fall into this strong delusion. The end of it is condemnation and death, the same condemnation of Lucifer.
No, it has been years since I simply listened to any man, or group of men, and accepted their words or interpretations... This applies even to men I have known and learned to trust.

For me being born again, or born of God, or born from above, does not mean automatically being saved at the end of my course. It means rather having been given new start, a clean slate, from which to make my own choices so as to go with God... or not... according to what I have chosen to do or to allowed to be done with what I have been given:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry! I'm speaking of a second physical presence on the earth.

It's an interesting question you ask. Did He come to you the first time, that this is the second? Wouldn't His coming on Pentecost be the second coming, in the way you are saying?
That is closer to it, for indeed what is a coming on the part of our Lord? Did he not come to mankind when he was born in Bethlehem to Mary?

But I don't mean to put words in your mouth. When Jesus comes in power and glory, will this result in His physical presence on the earth?

Much love!
That for me mixes in with another idea... that of what the "earth" is. For me often when reading the scriptures and "earth" is mentioned I see the little bit of dirt of which each of us was formed. That is not the same as the totality of the earth forming the planet, we call, "Earth", is it?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the same as the totality of the earth forming the planet, we call, "Earth", is it?
Not to me, no.

But I have no idea your answer to my question. No matter!

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What people expect...is not when or how Jesus returns:

Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Matthew 24:44

This one truth alone would (SHOULD) change everything you may have believed.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it has been years since I simply listened to any man, or group of men, and accepted their words or interpretations... This applies even to men I have known and learned to trust.

For me being born again, or born of God, or born from above, does not mean automatically being saved at the end of my course. It means rather having been given new start, a clean slate, from which to make my own choices so as to go with God... or not... according to what I have chosen to do or to allowed to be done with what I have been given:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48
Well, you're not wrong in terms of a new start. Every soul born in Christ Jesus is a new creation. And, every son is disciplined by God. Remember, Jesus didn't teach off the top of His head, but revealed grace from the Law and the prophets. He was a rabbi.

12 “When your days are fulfilled and you rest with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. 15 But My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from before you. 16 And your house and your kingdom shall be established forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever.” ’ ” 2 Samuel 7:12-16

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What people expect...is not when or how Jesus returns:

Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Matthew 24:44

This one truth alone would (SHOULD) change everything you may have believed.

Hello ScottA

There are people out there who expect people be thrown in hell and tortured forever in unrelenting punishment if people aren’t “ready” now today because “the Lord is still coming again to take his bride from America too, and destroy the known American world…”

And Jesus still has not had the victory…

I believe what Jesus said about the return. I don’t discredit what he has to say about it. Or his apostles. Jesus has had victory over sin, Satan, death, hell/grave/separation from God.

That one scripture you used doesn’t change the fact I know one day I’ll die and go see the Lord fully responsible for my own self predicated actions. Having faith, love towards God and love towards others.

Thank you for commenting,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: ScottA

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Matt, we still do not know the day or hour, however we believe we are getting very close. The scene of this world is drastically changing, and with just a little insight it is easy to see how world conditions could escalate into the great tribulation. I truly am not looking forward to it, but want to get it over with if I am to live into it. No doubt when Jesus comes, we will rejoice and in time not even recall the very temporary pains we had to endure with the coming of the Kingdom.

Thank you sharing.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yom Teruah is the "day of shouting" or "day of trumpet blowing."

The last blast of the day is regarded as the "the last trumpet." It marks the end of the feast. (1 Corinthians 15:52)

That feast is the only one that occurs on the first day of the month. (Leviticus 23:24)

The first day of the month is determined by the sighting of the new moon. The new moon may be 29 days or 30 days after the last one. A witness must sight the new moon and it must be confirmed by the High Priest.

Hence, Yom Teruah is regarded as "the day that no man knows the day or hour."

On His first visit, Yeshua fulfilled the Spring feasts.
On His next visit He will fulfill the Fall feasts.
That is why those feasts were given to us.
They all prophesy the Arrivals of Messiah.

Happytrails thank you for sharing. Interesting information. One of the first trumpets heard was by John with someone speaking to him a voice as a trumpet.

“After these things I saw, and lo, a door opened in the heaven, and the first voice that I heard [is] as of a trumpet speaking with me, saying, ‘Come up hither, and I will shew thee what it behoveth to come to pass after these things;’”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭4:1‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to me, no.

But I have no idea your answer to my question. No matter!

Much love!
By your question did you mean this?

"It's an interesting question you ask. Did He come to you the first time, that this is the second? Wouldn't His coming on Pentecost be the second coming, in the way you are saying?"

Yes, that could be the answer, Pentecost as per Acts 2 being the second coming. But perhaps the second coming for me, or for you, or for the other guy, is (was) when we receive (received) him into our heart.

Reactions: MatthewG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By your question did you mean this?

"It's an interesting question you ask. Did He come to you the first time, that this is the second? Wouldn't His coming on Pentecost be the second coming, in the way you are saying?"

Yes, that could be the answer, Pentecost as per Acts 2 being the second coming. But perhaps the second coming for me, or for you, or for the other guy, is (was) when we receive (received) him into our heart.
Thank you!

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What body is that?

What if there is only now... that is, no future as men understand future? What if the changes are already in place for anyone who has already believed and continues to do so?

Please notice that I am only asking questions. If changes are needed will not God make them where He sees the need?

If a person has already overcome the world as Jesus did, has death not already been swallowed up?
It appears that you dont believe in a "Future Literal" resurrection of the dead in Christ, correct me if I'm wrong?

1 Corinthians 15:12-23KJV
12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree 100%, it appears that some would claim the new life in Christ has nullified the future resurrection of the dead, sad

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo