What Does This Remind You Of???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I the only one that immediately thought of the golden calf and the tower of Babel? (Babylon)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This video is not available to view in Australia unfortunately.

What's it about?
It is a performance for the opening ceremony of the 2022 Commonwealth Games. During the ceremony the brought in a giant bull and there were performers all around it worshipping it...they also had a platform that looked like the tower of Babel...Prince/King Charles gave an opening speech....
Maybe you can lookup 2022 CommonWealth Games and find a video for it.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No and the bull is a pagan symbol of Taurus the demon god.
And they used this as an opening performance ceremony for international teams to come and compete....I am in shock! If this isn't a sign that the antichrist is here now among us then I don't know what sign would suffice to a critic of end time prophesies.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a movement to recognize foreign cultures and religions and to preserve them for heritage. It also is part of the native American areas here and there also. Probably a UN pushed movement. But Christianity takes the back stage in world leadership.

We're living in the last days and it shows.

They'll probably blame the catastrophes on global warming and trouble the people worse, those leaders.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no, you’re not the only one. It was my first thought at seeing the picture.
It is too much like the golden calf and the tower of Babel....smh. Are the Royal Family Christians or not? I can't say this would be welcomed by any Christian organization.
These are the end times...no doubt.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My first thought was ‘oh Birmingham, culturally very ‘ Indian ‘ and they tend to revere the cow and the bull !
Then I looked into it….in Birmingham they have bull ring market , and the bull was a nod towards its history and the industrial revolution.
It was Prince Charles as this took place in July / august , before the Queen died. They only opened the games and would have no input into the planning of the ceremony.
Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My first thought was ‘oh Birmingham, culturally very ‘ Indian ‘ and they tend to revere the cow and the bull !
Then I looked into it….in Birmingham they have bull ring market , and the bull was a nod towards its history and the industrial revolution.
Rita
Isn't that interesting. So does Birmingham follow the Christian faith?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was Prince Charles as this took place in July / august , before the Queen died. They only opened the games and would have no input into the planning of the ceremony.
Rita
Unless it's a reference to hinduism:

Nandi, which means “giving delight” or “giving joy,” is the sacred bull of the Hindu god Shiva, one of the most important Hindu gods. When the world becomes evil, Shiva destroys it to make way for beneficial change. Nandi is Shiva's animal form, his means of transportation, and his most ardent worshiper.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't that interesting. So does Birmingham follow the Christian faith?
Birmingham is a city in the north of Britain and has a very high rate of Pakistan, Asian and Muslims, although over half of the population in the area are white. So it is a very varied area for different religions. 46% are Christian’s, compared to 2.1% Hindu, 0.2% Jewish, 21.8 % Muslim 3.0% Sikh, no religion is about 19%.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Although they used the Tower of Babel ( and that’s exactly what it represented ) I cannot find anything to explain why, it wasn’t linked to the bull as such because that was symbolic of the industrial revolution and history of the city. I must admit I don’t take much notice of the commonwealth games so what you have shared was news to me……………

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Am I the only one that immediately thought of the golden calf and the tower of Babel? (Babylon)
You have a good point, But should we not be simply ignoring all this pagan nonsense? Commonwealth Games, Olympic Games, etc. are all basically pagan. And now they have all been thoroughly corrupted with drug abuse, transgenderism, and all kinds of other rubbish.