What Does UNORTHODOX Forum Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any doctrine is acceptable? Where do you draw the line? The Trinity doctrine is banned here.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What's so unorthodox about being a quiet thinker?
The Parable of the Traffic Officer
Hear now this parable. I was caught speeding on my way to the hospital. The traffic officer, to protect the community from inconsiderate drivers, pulled me over and proceeded to write a ticket. This was justice, being fair to all.

While writing the ticket he realized it was his birthday. Feeling generous he tore up the ticket and wrote another for much less. This was mercy or pardon.

The officer interrogated his computer for my driving history and found not a few demerit points. He confessed that he too had a few from other officers. He tore up the second ticket and wrote a third one for even less. At the same time, he confessed, he had had a bad night, and the ticket was still for far too much. This was forgiveness.

The officer enquired if I was aware of the playground speed zone. I affirmed my genuine ignorance in my desire to get to the hospital Intensive Care unit. He tore up the last ticket he had written. This was more than forgiveness, this was justification, declaring me innocent in his mind.

Finally, he affirmed me as a care-giver in the community and told me his father had been a penurious clergyman. He pulled out his wallet and pressed $300 into my hand to be used as I needed it. This was sheer grace.

An unbelievable story? Grace is usually unbelievable in our ungracious world! Grace never tests or tries or tempts. Grace conspires in compassion and aspires in affection. Grace is about giving not achieving. Grace lavishes love, kindness, and acceptance beyond our wildest imaginings.

Zeth4500

Dec 24, 2023
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
idk, my post was moved to this forum so i assume, this is just the main forum- questionmark
i think im quite orthodox tho

Prycejosh1987

May 20, 2024
Balsall Heath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its possible to explain the trinity without saying the word. But i believe that the truth is without acknowledging The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit we will really struggle with the bible.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Parable of the Traffic Officer
Hear now this parable. I was caught speeding on my way to the hospital. The traffic officer, to protect the community from inconsiderate drivers, pulled me over and proceeded to write a ticket. This was justice, being fair to all.

While writing the ticket he realized it was his birthday. Feeling generous he tore up the ticket and wrote another for much less. This was mercy or pardon.

The officer interrogated his computer for my driving history and found not a few demerit points. He confessed that he too had a few from other officers. He tore up the second ticket and wrote a third one for even less. At the same time, he confessed, he had had a bad night, and the ticket was still for far too much. This was forgiveness.

The officer enquired if I was aware of the playground speed zone. I affirmed my genuine ignorance in my desire to get to the hospital Intensive Care unit. He tore up the last ticket he had written. This was more than forgiveness, this was justification, declaring me innocent in his mind.

Finally, he affirmed me as a care-giver in the community and told me his father had been a penurious clergyman. He pulled out his wallet and pressed $300 into my hand to be used as I needed it. This was sheer grace.

An unbelievable story? Grace is usually unbelievable in our ungracious world! Grace never tests or tries or tempts. Grace conspires in compassion and aspires in affection. Grace is about giving not achieving. Grace lavishes love, kindness, and acceptance beyond our wildest imaginings.
But unfortunately many such drivers will thank the officer profusely, and lay rubber and tear up seal in their hurry to spend the $300.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its possible to explain the trinity without saying the word. But i believe that the truth is without acknowledging The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit we will really struggle with the bible.
One can acknowledge the Father, Son, and holy Spirit without discussing the various versions of the Godhead that people have, but still be focusing on scripture. Making assumptions beyond what scripture actually says is where we get into trouble.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One can acknowledge the Father, Son, and holy Spirit without discussing the various versions of the Godhead that people have, but still be focusing on scripture. Making assumptions beyond what scripture actually says is where we get into trouble.
I think making assumptions about the character of God other than as revealed in Jesus is where we get into trouble.

Reactions: Brakelite

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No struggle at all. Just understanding a different paradigm.

I hold trinitarians downplay the one God of Scripture, YHWH, by sharing his glory in violation of 1 Timothy 1:17. At the same time, the justification for the Spirit of God to be a separate person from God is abuse of personification. Proof is it is nameless. Downplayed also is the total (not partial) sacrifice of Christ. Therefore, they got it all wrong.

Unorthodox.

Reactions: amadeus

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 1 By Jesus ALL THINGS were created.

Jesus is God the Creator!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 1 By Jesus ALL THINGS were created.

Jesus is God the Creator!
We've been through this before. You are relying on a bad translation. The word is not BY but THROUGH.

What do you think about the total v partial sacrifice of Jesus?

Having said that, this is not the point of this thread, right? I appreciate your question of what constitutes allowable unorthodox doctrine in light of what is prohibited even in this section.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've been through this before. You are relying on a bad translation. The word is not BY but THROUGH.
Colossians 1:16-17 (NKJV)
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Jesus is God!

What do you think about the total v partial sacrifice of Jesus?
I haven't.
Having said that, this is not the point of this thread, right? I appreciate your question of what constitutes allowable unorthodox doctrine in light of what is prohibited even in this section.
I'm just trying to understand "unorthodox".

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:16-17 NKJV (NLT)

Colossians 1:16-17 New Living Translation

16 for through him God created everything
in the heavenly realms and on earth.
He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
Everything was created through him and for him.
17 He existed before anything else,
and he holds all creation together.

Ever read these verses in context? 3 We always pray for you, and we give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Who is God in this verse?
God here is the God and Father of Jesus.​
v15 says Jesus is the image. Images are not what they reflect. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation (ESV). What does "firstborn of all creation" mean to you; created or creator?

HINT: Any translation with "James" in the title will steer you wrong on such matters as it is the most inaccurate translation available in English.

I haven't.
You should.
I'm just trying to understand "unorthodox".
Me too.

Last edited: