What does "walk worthy of God" mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like a well-reasoned post. I would have loved discussing things with you and covering several other related verses and passages, but as I was telling Anthony I'm really just burnt out at this point. Going to take a break from the forums for 4-6 months to regroup, possibly till 2020. So maybe we'll run into each other again then.

Blessings in Christ, and thanks for the courteous and well-worded response.
Yours,
Hidden
Yes, it gets ugly on forums at times, and a break is good for the soul! I hope you're able to get in some study and refreshing from God during your time away. Remember Paul's prayer in Ephesians 1:15-23.

God bless.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you consider Jesus made us worthy, you can walk in his imputed worthiness.
But that is NOT what Paul was teaching in the passage of the OP. Here is what Paul was talking about:

1."...that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will..."

2. "...unto all pleasing [of the Lord]..."

3. "...being fruitful in every good work..."

4. "... increasing in the knowledge of God..."

5. "...[with] patience and longsuffering with joyfulness..."

6. "...Giving thanks unto the Father..."

So this is not about imputed righteousness but your personal Christian walk.

D

Dave L

But that is NOT what Paul was teaching in the passage of the OP. Here is what Paul was talking about:

1."...that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will..."

2. "...unto all pleasing [of the Lord]..."

3. "...being fruitful in every good work..."

4. "... increasing in the knowledge of God..."

5. "...[with] patience and longsuffering with joyfulness..."

6. "...Giving thanks unto the Father..."

So this is not about imputed righteousness but your personal Christian walk.
It's all of this.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CF has a function where you can vote for posts you consider to be thread "winners." If there's a winner on this thread, this one would be it!

See you later, brother, and God bless! :)
The scripture in Rev 3:4 is not in the same context as what Paul was speaking of, as per your OP. One cannot just match scripture that sounds the same and draw a conclusion that the context is the same and has the same meaning; it usually is not the case.

Paul is speaking to believers to walk worthily in the Spirit in this earthly life, as a LIFESTYLE as one that is 'overcoming' in this life. Not everyone every time will walk that is considered worthily every day. I for one cannot always, everyday. I may be harboring some impediment that keeps me from giving my all, freely in my spiritual walk one day, and it happens at times. Sometimes I do not search for God's will. And this does not mean I defiled my garment or spiritual clothing because of those 'un-spiritual' days. I have I put on Christ's spirit. My lifestyle and the attitude of my heart for God is what counts.

Those that defile their clothing are those that begin their walk after professing to be a believer and yet not possessing the Lamb's spirit. They have not taken on Christ. They are still in Adam and in their own spirit trying to walk worthily. Their clothes are rags of a sinful nature.

In Rev 3:4. Jesus is speaking of the future, when true believers that walked an earthly lifestyle worthily of God and therefore worthy of walking with the Lamb in the Kingdom. They have now overcome and are now in their new immortal bodies, walking with the Lamb AFTER their earthly life of imperfection and sometimes walking improperly although their lifestyle was spot on, in spirit, in perfection. They have the appropriate spirit clothing that never defiles that person. In Sardis, like in all congregations, even today, there are those overcoming and those pretending in this earthly life. One is in Christ, of white clothing, of life, and the other still in their natural Adamic clothing, of darkness, of the 1st death. The latter are those that are spiritually alone without the hope of 'seeing' the Kingdom. They will be part of the 'Lakers' outside the Kingdom, learning to become righteous for the first time by the consuming fire of the Almighty.

Bless you,

APAK

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 110.3 is maybe relevant here: "Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power" (Psalm 110.3).

Psalm 110:2-3 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. [3] Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Have you ever considered what is the ‘womb of the morning”? Is it too far reaching to consider the ‘womb of morning’ a willing people is born from could be Luke 24:1-3 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. [2] And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. [3] And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.

John 3:4-7
[4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? [5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

In relation to thread topic ‘walk worthy’ wouldn’t it be those born of that womb, the womb from above, born of the Spirit and willing ...who walk worthy?

Last edited: