What God said to me about Abortion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the outset, you are twisting the English language. The womb does not contain a baby, it contains a fetus, which has no blood of it's own, but is pumped through the fetus by the mother. Even it's structure is part of the mother, until it is born, and can survive on it's own.

The fetus when born, is not us. It is just a house for the real 'us' to live in while we are on earth.
"For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven" 2 Corinthians 5:1-2

We become 'us' when God breathes into us our spirit, the spirit of life. That's when we become a living being. And aborted fetus contains no spirit. It is just a blob of dust. When death comes, the
body returns to the dust from whence it came; and the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

Semantics! Like I said, when a woman wants the pregnancy, she calls what's in her womb a baby. I never called my unborn children "fetuses." The unborn are human beings made in God's image and deserve a chance at life, not slaughter.

When I was 8 weeks pregnant with my second child, my doctor ordered a sonogram. I was shocked to see tiny fingers on her hands. Why was I shocked??? Because I had always heard that this was a "blob of tissue." So many women have been handed this lie!

It's a fact that most abortions occur after the second month--when the tiny human baby has fingers.

What you're advocating--the slaughter of the innocent--is evil in God's eyes!

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can help you out on that: "If men strive [engage in a fight], and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay a fine as the judges determine. Exodus 21:22

Sort of like getting a parking ticket.
This is a completely asinine understanding of Scripture.

You are assuming that everybody is created in the same fashion as Adam – from the dust of the earth. Adam was a blob of clay until God breathed life into him. Unfortunately – you fail to understand that people since then aren’t created in the same way as Adam – OR Eve were.

After the Fall – children were born of their mother. The Scriptures reflect the LIFE of the child - in the womb. God told Jeremiah:

Jer. 1:5
Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

John the Baptist “Leapt for joy” - in his mother’s womb (Luke 1:41, 44) at the arrival of Mary because she was carrying Christ. He was ALREADY moved by the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 139:13
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

Isa. 49:5
And now the Lord says, he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him; and that Israel might be gathered to him— for I am honored in the eyes of the Lord, and my God has become my strength.

Gal. 1:15
But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace,

Luke 1:25
For he will be great before the Lord. And he must not drink wine or strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

YOUR views are Biblically Bankrupt . . .

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You are assuming that everybody is created in the same fashion as Adam – from the dust of the earth. Adam was a blob of clay until God breathed life into him. Unfortunately – you fail to understand that people since then aren’t created in the same way as Adam – OR Eve were.

You say, "You are assuming that everybody is created in the same fashion as Adam – from the dust of the earth. Adam was a blob of clay until God breathed life into him. Unfortunately – you fail to understand that people since then aren’t created in the same way as Adam – OR Eve were."

And Job confirms the Genesis account which you deny:

“Behold, I belong to God like you;
I too have been formed out of the clay."
“The Spirit of God has made me,

Yup! God was still making people from clay in Job's time, and he goes on to re-confirm saying that:

"the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33

"Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
For as long as life is in me,
And the breath of God is in my nostrils" Job 27

And of course, in Solomon's time God was still making people from dirt.

God forms man from a pile of dust. It has no life on it's own, it is created merely as a body to contain and convey the spirit of man. Then when the fetus is fully formed, God gives man his spirit, when He breathes into man's the nostrils the breath of life, and he becomes a living being. And then when death comes:

"Man's body returns to the dust from whence it came; And the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

There are other confimations in Scripture, but for the sake of brevity, tell us when God stopped making us from dirt?

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Jer. 1:5
Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

John the Baptist “Leapt for joy” - in his mother’s womb (Luke 1:41, 44) at the arrival of Mary because she was carrying Christ. He was ALREADY moved by the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 139:13
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

Isa. 49:5
And now the Lord says, he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him; and that Israel might be gathered to him— for I am honored in the eyes of the Lord, and my God has become my strength.
etc

YOUR views are Biblically Bankrupt . . .
All the verses you quote have nothing to do with forbidding abortion or forbidding anything else. They merely have to do with God's foreknowledge.

No big deal! He knew us all, those whom "He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world . . ." Ephesians 1:4

Simply, He knew everything that would happen before the foundation of the world. He knew who would be born and who wouldn't. He knew who would be aborted by God Himself and others. God facilitates abortions, called spontaneous abortions, or miscarriages. God wouldn't do something sinful would He??

Anyway, God is very specific as to when a fetus becomes a living being: “The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being” (Genesis 2:7). Adam did not become a living being until then. God breathed into the nostrils of man his spirit, which who a person really is. The body dies and returns to dust, while the spirit lives on forever.

The body is really unimportant. Flesh and blood does not inherit the Kingdom of God, the body is merely a housing unit to temporarily carry our spirit while we are here on earth. "For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven" 2 Corinthians 5:1-2

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say, "You are assuming that everybody is created in the same fashion as Adam – from the dust of the earth. Adam was a blob of clay until God breathed life into him. Unfortunately – you fail to understand that people since then aren’t created in the same way as Adam – OR Eve were."

And Job confirms the Genesis account which you deny:

“Behold, I belong to God like you;
I too have been formed out of the clay."
“The Spirit of God has made me,

Yup! God was still making people from clay in Job's time, and he goes on to re-confirm saying that:

"the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33

"Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
For as long as life is in me,
And the breath of God is in my nostrils" Job 27

And of course, in Solomon's time God was still making people from dirt.

God forms man from a pile of dust. It has no life on it's own, it is created merely as a body to contain and convey the spirit of man. Then when the fetus is fully formed, God gives man his spirit, when He breathes into man's the nostrils the breath of life, and he becomes a living being. And then when death comes:

"Man's body returns to the dust from whence it came; And the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

There are other confimations in Scripture, but for the sake of brevity, tell us when God stopped making us from dirt?
Once again – you pervert Scripture to fit your weird parameters.

You can’t tell the difference between allegorical or poetic text and literal text?? You honestly believe that Job didn’t have a mother – that God shaped him from clay like Adam??

Either you’re not very bright – or you’re just playing possum.

As for the rest – I just gave you about five or six verses that obliterate your false, anti-Biblical position that people have NO life until they are OUT of the womb.

Go back and read the texts I posted . . .

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Once again – you pervert Scripture to fit your weird parameters.

You can’t tell the difference between allegorical or poetic text and literal text?? You honestly believe that Job didn’t have a mother – that God shaped him from clay like Adam??

God says we are made from clay. You say God is lying! :-(

Even modern science has verified what God said. Of the 68 or so elements found in the human body, absolutely every one of them is found in the ground!!

And then when death comes, "Man's body returns to the dust from whence it came; And the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

How could the body return to dust if it was never dust to begin with? The reason we don't agree, is that I believe what the Bible says, and you treat what God says as trash, and replace it with a vision of your own imagination.

And Yep!! Like you say, my ignorant knowledge of Scripture is not at all like yours. And when does one become a living being? Just ask any 5 year old, it's called their birthday! Imagine anything as difficult as that!!

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says we are made from clay. You say God is lying! :-(

Even modern science has verified what God said. Of the 68 or so elements found in the human body, absolutely every one of them is found in the ground!!

And then when death comes, "Man's body returns to the dust from whence it came; And the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

How could the body return to dust if it was never dust to begin with? The reason we don't agree, is that I believe what the Bible says, and you treat was God says as trash, and replace it with a vision of your own imagination.

And Yep!! Like you say, my ignorant knowledge of Scripture is not at all like yours. And when does one become a living being? Just ask any 5 year old, it's called their birthday! Imagine anything as difficult as that!!
Soooooo - your mother was a giant dirt clod - or wash she flesh and blood?
As I indicated before - either you're not very bright - or you are just playing possum.

Those who know the Word of God understand what it is speaking allegorically and symbolically - and when it is speaking literally.
- The Bible explicitly states that God is Spirit (John 4:24).
- It ALSO says that He has wings and feathers (Psa. 91:4, 17:8, Deut. 32:11).
- The Bible ALSO says that He has nostrils (Exod. 15:18).
- It ALSO says that He has hands (John 10:29).

Now - by YOUR idiotic logic - God is either a gigantic, invisible man-bird - or you simply don't understand symbolic language.
The latter makes FAR more sense . . .

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Semantics! Like I said, when a woman wants the pregnancy, she calls what's in her womb a baby. I never called my unborn children "fetuses." They are human beings made in God's image and deserve a chance at life, not slaughter.

When I was 8 weeks pregnant with my second child, my doctor ordered a sonogram. I was shocked to see tiny fingers on her hands. Why was I shocked??? Because I had always heard that this was a "blob of tissue." So many women have been handed this lie!

It's a fact that most abortions occur after the second month--when the little human baby has fingers.

What you're advocating--the slaughter of the innocent--is evil in God's eyes!

Well said faithful Servant, Stand! I believe those Innocent Soul's will be in the Bosom of Abraham.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said faithful Servant, Stand! I believe those Innocent Soul's will be in the Bosom of Abraham.
Thank you! I appreciate this. It can be hard to take a stand for life, even on a Christian forum, unfortunately.

I just watched "Way of the Master" on Christian TV. In the program, a Christian man was standing outside an abortion clinic offering the women financial help if they would choose life for their unborn babies. As I watched this, I burst into tears knowing that these women's babies would be dead within hours, some of them late-term abortions.... It's SO sad!

Reactions: Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you! I appreciate this. It can be hard to take a stand for life, even on a Christian forum, unfortunately.

I just watched "Way of the Master" on Christian TV. In the program, a Christian man was standing outside an abortion clinic offering the women financial help if they would choose life for their unborn babies. As I watched this, I burst into tears knowing that these women's babies would be dead within hours, some of them late-term abortions.... It's SO sad!

Yes Indeed!!!!!! My Late Wife was very sincere about LIFE. She would always save everything's life if she could! It didn't matter what it was, If God Created it, it had Life! I wasn't so strong when it came to bugs, but she rescued what ever she could!!!
If a sparrow falls God is aware of It, How much more a Child!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rest of it has to do with the eye-for-an-eye law concerning injuring the woman. Abortion of a fetus is considered just an inconvenience, not a life-for-life scenario, which confirms that the fetus was not considered a life. Just a fetus without life.

You Sir are not looking at the Summery, If the Child is harmed, as to not survive the Incident, then Life for Life! God love's His Creation! and even our Savior states, that if anyone harms one of these, It would be better if they had a Mile stone tied around their neck and case into the Deep!

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, God is very specific as to when a fetus becomes a living being: “The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being” (Genesis 2:7). Adam did not become a living being until then.

Adam was a fetus?

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was a fetus?

Well,! Adam was the perfect Creation of God yet there is no documentation of Him ever being a Fetus, Created from dirt, Adomah, which means the dust of the Earth, and God Breathed life into this Creation, HIS Spirit, thus in the Likeness of God was He Created! After! all of Gods Creation has the Ability to PRO-Create, in their likeness! Yet after the Fall, All were pro-created after the likeness of Adam!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apart from your Biblical view on abortion, abortion also destroys lives. Not only the child, but the mother suffers pain, the family suffers pain, and God suffers pain. No one just goes and gets an unborn child killed and just continue on with their day like it was an errand. There is pain there. It is horrible and should be a crime. I am very passionate pro life, and to me it isn't even an arguement. You are not a horrible person for believing pro choice. But it is completely wrong. This is not an opinion, but a fact. If it hurts the most callous mother, how much more does it hurt God. It hurts my heart.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can help you out on that: "If men strive [engage in a fight], and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay a fine as the judges determine. Exodus 21:22

Sort of like getting a parking ticket.

From how I understand, this isn't an on purpose procedure. This is accidental. A murder was taken a whole lot seriously.

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,! Adam was the perfect Creation of God yet there is no documentation of Him ever being a Fetus, Created from dirt, Adomah, which means the dust of the Earth, and God Breathed life into this Creation, HIS Spirit, thus in the Likeness of God was He Created! After! all of Gods Creation has the Ability to PRO-Create, in their likeness! Yet after the Fall, All were pro-created after the likeness of Adam!

Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly.

Doesn't God still breathe the soul into each human being just as He forms them in the womb?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the outset, you are twisting the English language. The womb does not contain a baby, it contains a fetus, which has no blood of it's own, but is pumped through the fetus by the mother. Even it's structure is part of the mother, until it is born, and can survive on it's own.

Even though the mother and baby share the same blood, it's a fact that the "fetus" has its own DNA,
so it is NOT part of the mother's body. The baby in the womb is a unique creation of God.

Last edited:

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
The bible doesn't mention "abortion" by name, I'm not sure people had reached our degree of evil back then and desired to kill their unborn?

The bible refers to a pregnant woman as being with child. "And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with child" (2 Samuel 11:5). Not going to have a child, but already with child. So perhaps God thought we were smart enough to recognize a human life? Its sad that today we seem to think an additional law was needed to inspire us not to rip a baby out of its mothers womb and kill it.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is ironic about the devils of this world
who abort their children,
they're not aborting the children of God,
they are aborting the children of the devil.

That is what God said to me.

So I don't care if the devils abort their children.

I know this person is banned, but I want to say that God does not speak to us audibly, but through His word.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what god talking to you?? Doesn't at all sound like the God of the Bible!

First of all no one aborts a child, it is a fetus.

And if God was at all against abortion, He would have mentioned it in Scripture.

Fetus--an unborn offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human baby more than eight weeks after conception.

A fetus is an unborn baby. To abort a baby is to murder a baby.