What God said to me about Abortion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DaiCounStaae

Oct 21, 2019
Ca
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is ironic about the devils of this world
who abort their children,
they're not aborting the children of God,
they are aborting the children of the devil.

That is what God said to me.

So I don't care if the devils abort their children.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is ironic about the devils of this world
who abort their children,
they're not aborting the children of God,
they are aborting the children of the devil.

That is what God said to me.

So I don't care if the devils abort their children.

I wonder what god talking to you?? Doesn't at all sound like the God of the Bible!

First of all no one aborts a child, it is a fetus.

And if God was at all against abortion, He would have mentioned it in Scripture.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what god talking to you?? Doesn't at all sound like the God of the Bible!

First of all no one aborts a child, it is a fetus.

And if God was at all against abortion, He would have mentioned it in Scripture.

Proverbs 6:16-19 ESV
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Exodus 23:7 ESV
Keep far from a false charge, and do not kill the innocent and righteous, for I will not acquit the wicked.

Isaiah 59:7-8 ESV
Their feet run to evil, and they are swift to shed innocent blood; their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; desolation and destruction are in their highways. The way of peace they do not know, and there is no justice in their paths; they have made their roads crooked; no one who treads on them knows peace.

Exodus 20:13 ESV
You shall not murder."

Jeremiah 22:3 ESV
Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 6:16-19 ESV
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Exodus 23:7 ESV
Keep far from a false charge, and do not kill the innocent and righteous, for I will not acquit the wicked.

Isaiah 59:7-8 ESV
Their feet run to evil, and they are swift to shed innocent blood; their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; desolation and destruction are in their highways. The way of peace they do not know, and there is no justice in their paths; they have made their roads crooked; no one who treads on them knows peace.

You shall not murder."

Jeremiah 22:3 ESV
Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.

Beautifully Presented!! I know that there is an OT law that has something to do with a woman the is with child, being injured and causing the child to miscarry? I must try to find it!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Beautifully Presented!! I know that there is an OT law that has something to do with a woman the is with child, being injured and causing the child to miscarry? I must try to find it!

I can help you out on that: "If men strive [engage in a fight], and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay a fine as the judges determine. Exodus 21:22

Sort of like getting a parking ticket.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You shall not murder."
While you have made a lot of irrelevant noise, you have proved that you cannot find anywhere within the entire Bible where God simply said: "Thou shalt not have an abortion.

If God disapproved of abortion in the slightest, I believe He would have said so. But you are declaring that God was too daft to figure that out, and now He has sent YOU to correct His errant ways.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can help you out on that: "If men strive [engage in a fight], and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay a fine as the judges determine. Exodus 21:22

Pro-choice Christians quote this text in support of their pro-abortion position, arguing that killing the fetus only deserves a fine, whereas killing a born human requires life for life. Pro-life Christians try to counter this by citing Psalm 137:13: "You knit me together in my mother's womb." So why does God allow such interpretive tensions in Scripture? In response, 2 observations are essential:
(1) Biblical revelation is "sufficient" in the sense that it provides adequate guidance for salvation, a relationship with God, and daily Christian living. But it is otherwise very incomplete and this incompleteness is a major reason why there are so many denomonations and so many disagreements about biblical ethics and doctrines. So to settle these matters, we need guidance from both the Holy Spirit and from early Christian tradition that has the best chance of reflecting the teaching and values of the early church.

(2) The best guideline for the early church's position on abortion is Didache (The Teaching of the 12 Apostles) 4:2:
"Thou shalt not procure an abortion."
The Didache was composed in its final form probably in Syria in the NT era around 95 AD. But its prohibition against abortion falls in its "Two Ways" section which is written decades earlier and may be as early as any of our NT writings. This means that the Two Ways section expresses the values of the primitive church. This fact illustrates why Evangelicals need to take a second look at the Catholic respect for early apostolic tradition.

Reactions: Philip James

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pro-choice Christians quote this text in support of their pro-abortion position, arguing that killing the fetus only deserves a fine, whereas killing a born human requires life for life. Pro-life Christians try to counter this by citing Psalm 137:13: "You knit me together in my mother's womb." So why does God allow such interpretive tensions in Scripture? In response, 2 observations are essential:
(1) Biblical revelation is "sufficient" in the sense that it provides adequate guidance for salvation, a relationship with God, and daily Christian living. But it is otherwise very incomplete and this incompleteness is a major reason why there are so many denomonations and so many disagreements about biblical ethics and doctrines. So to settle these matters, we need guidance from both the Holy Spirit and from early Christian tradition that has the best chance of reflecting the teaching and values of the early church.

(2) The best guideline for the early church's position on abortion is Didache (The Teaching of the 12 Apostles) 4:2:
"Thou shalt not procure an abortion."
The Didache was composed in its final form probably in Syria in the NT era around 95 AD. But its prohibition against abortion falls in its "Two Ways" section which is written decades earlier and may be as early as any of our NT writings. This means that the Two Ways section expresses the values of the primitive church. This fact illustrates why Evangelicals need to take a second look at the Catholic respect for early apostolic tradition.

We hardly need to entertain such nonsense. From the very outset, Satan was already engaged in creating the false counterfeit church, starting at Rome. Satan was rather successful in getting his servants to murder millions of Christians throughout Europe. Satan hates Christians, and Rome hates Christians. Even God's most honoured servants like Tyndale were burned at the Romanist stake for the unforgivable sin of translating Scripture into English. Even in this past month, the pope has released his satanic continuing venomous hatred of Christians, condemning evangelical Christians in the US:

Pope Endorses Essay Trashing U.S. Conservative Christians

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your bigoted answer masks your evasion of my point about Didache 4:2 and early Catholic tradition. I find Catholics far, far more charitable and loving towards Evangelicals than the opposite. Indeed, just the other day, I conversed with an ex-Evangelical who fled his church to find God real in our local Catholic church. That Catholic church and my church jointed hosted the Alpha Course, which is a Charismatic Protestant production. Also, I notice that you have ducked my posts on how Catholics ground their distinctive doctrines in God's Word! How would you like it if I stereotyped all Evangelicals by the odious bigtry of the Westside Baptist Church?

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank You! I Knew that I had read that!
But there is more than a parking ticket-- Read Exodus 21: 22-25 for the whole summery of context!

B

Butterfly

Your bigoted answer masks your evasion of my point about Didache 4:2 and early Catholic tradition. I find Catholics far, far more charitable and loving towards Evangelicals than the opposite. Indeed, just the other day, I conversed with an ex-Evangelical who fled his church to find God real in our local Catholic church. That Catholic church and my church jointed hosted the Alpha Course, which is a Charismatic Protestant production. Also, I notice that you have ducked my posts on how Catholics ground their distinctive doctrines in God's Word! How would you like it if I stereotyped all Evangelicals by the odious bigtry of the Westside Baptist Church?
Do you mean westbro baptist church, they are awful and definately give Christians a bad name - I cannot believe what comes out of their mouths, or the things they do.
Rita

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just a couple weeks ago, the pope expressed his hatred toward Christians when recommending an anti-Christia essay: “Reading them you will see that there are sects that cannot really be defined as Christian. They preach Christ, yes, but their message is not Christian,” the pope said. “It has nothing to do with the preaching of a Lutheran or any other serious evangelical Christianity.”

"In the first essay recommended by the pope, the authors, who are both friends of Francis, slammed conservative Christians in the U.S. as ignorant, theocratic, Manichean, war-mongering fanatics."

Pope Endorses Essay Trashing U.S. Conservative Christians

The pope has also expressed his hatred of Jews living in Israel. He does not worship the same god Christians worship. I think the name of the god he worships is Allah, along with the pagan Queen of Heaven.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your bigoted answer masks your evasion of my point about Didache 4:2 and early Catholic tradition.
Today idolatry is rampant in pagan religions like Roman Catholicism, which worships the pagan goddess, "Queen of Heaven" to whom the pope kneels before her graven image!! This evil Queen of Heaven cult was known to prophet Jeremiah. They were so evil and beyond redemption that God instructed the prophet: "Do not pray for this people, and do not lift up cry or prayer for them, and do not intercede with Me; for I do not hear you." Jeremiah 7:18

Attachments

• Pope 1.jpg
    Pope 1.jpg
    921.7 KB · Views: 0

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank You! I Knew that I had read that!
But there is more than a parking ticket-- Read Exodus 21: 22-25 for the whole summery of context!
The rest of it has to do with the eye-for-an-eye law concerning injuring the woman. Abortion of a fetus is considered just an inconvenience, not a life-for-life scenario, which confirms that the fetus was not considered a life. Just a fetus without life.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You shall not murder."

With all that verbiage, you have proved that you cannot find a single passage of Scripture that says "Thou shalt not have an abortion"

The Epistle of Barnabas says "Thou shalt not destroy the conception of thy womb, nor kill it after it has been born" (15.9) Barnabas was prone to adding to Scripture a whole of stuff that Scripture never said, and therefore his writing was rejected from the Cannon of Scripture.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all that verbiage, you have proved that you cannot find a single passage of Scripture that says "Thou shalt not have an abortion"

The Epistle of Barnabas says "Thou shalt not destroy the conception of thy womb, nor kill it after it has been born" (15.9) Barnabas was prone to adding to Scripture a whole of stuff that Scripture never said, and therefore his writing was rejected from the Cannon of Scripture.
Oh, my, killing a defenseless baby in the mother's womb is the most extreme evil example of "shedding innocent blood" in my estimation.

Sad how people think about this. If the fetus is NOT wanted, it's a "blob of tissue." If it IS wanted, it's a "baby." I've never heard a woman say, "I'm going to have a blob of tissue" when she finds out she's pregnant, though. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl and Mayflower

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, my, killing a defenseless baby in the mother's womb is the most extreme evil example of "shedding innocent blood" in my estimation.

Sad how people think about this. If the fetus is NOT wanted, it's a "blob of tissue." If it IS wanted, it's a "baby." I've never heard a woman say, "I'm going to have a blob of tissue" when she finds out she's pregnant, though. :(
At the outset, you are twisting the English language. The womb does not contain a baby, it contains a fetus, which has no blood of it's own, but is pumped through the fetus by the mother. Even it's structure is part of the mother, until it is born, and can survive on it's own.

The fetus when born, is not us. It is just a house for the real 'us' to live in while we are on earth.
"For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven" 2 Corinthians 5:1-2

We become 'us' when God breathes into us our spirit, the spirit of life. That's when we become a living being. And aborted fetus contains no spirit. It is just a blob of dust. When death comes, the
body returns to the dust from whence it came; and the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stan will resort to just about any ungodly ploy to avoid the Catholic refutation of his pro-abortion position. Notice how he resorts to the desperate expedient of slander to duck my case for an anti-abortion position in the apostolic church.

Stan B: "Today idolatry is rampant in pagan [!] religions like Roman Catholicism, which worships the pagan goddess, "Queen of Heaven" to whom the pope kneels before her graven image! This evil Queen of Heaven cult was known to prophet Jeremiah. They were so evil and beyond redemption that God instructed the prophet: "Do not pray for this people, and do not lift up cry or prayer for them, and do not intercede with Me; for I do not hear you." Jeremiah 7:18"

Rather, this lying slander raises the question of whether your bigotry places you beyond the range to benefit from intercessory prayer! In Jeremiah the Queen of Heaven is a Ishtar, the astral goddess of war and fertility, from which we get our word "Easter." Catholics view Mary as one of the saints who can perform the role of heavenly intercessor by joining our prayer intercession to gain access to the throne of grace. You just need to get into the Word more; start by reading my detailed posts in which I outline the Catholic defense of praying to the saints and Purgatory from Scripture. I know you have already read these posts and have nothing worthwhile to say in response. Apart from their role as intercessors, Mary and the saints have no power. It is also lying slander for you to claim that Catholics worship their statues. Their statues play the same role as artistic portrayals of Christ and Mary that inspire us all.
Your slander also prompts you to deliberately misconstrue Bible-based disagreements about Evangelical disengagement from social issues of human suffering and injustice as Catholic "hatred" of Evangelicals. Ironically, it is you, not Catholics, who exude such hatred! Np wonder Evangelicals are fleeing churches like yours to find Christ real in their local Catholic churches!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rest of it has to do with the eye-for-an-eye law concerning injuring the woman. Abortion of a fetus is considered just an inconvenience, not a life-for-life scenario, which confirms that the fetus was not considered a life. Just a fetus without life.

I Totally disagree! But that's OK!