1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What happens when we die?

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by Hobie, Jan 16, 2020.

1. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yes, the problem with bigotry is that it relies on opinion, then assumes it matters.

2. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Okay then, yay! I get a gold star! :)

3. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    (smile), see, I give you earth now you want the heavens.... lol... (smile).

ok, since you're a child of the KING, ok you have your gold star..... (smile).

PICJAG.

Nancy likes this.
  4. charity

charity Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Hello @Hobie,

I agree with what you have said in your opening posts. (#1 & #2) . This is a subject that engenders strong feelings, and you have received opposing posts which can be expected, but I applaud your efforts in compiling and entering what you have.

In regard to our resurrection bodies, I believe they will be like unto our Lord's own resurrection body, of which He could say in Luke 24:39-40,

'Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see;
    for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
    And when He had thus spoken,
    He shewed them His hands and His feet.'

* The Lord's resurrection body was a spiritual body, for it could go through walls, and appear and disappear at will, but as He Himself said He is not a spirit, but flesh and bones.

Praise God!

Thank you
    In Christ Jesus
    Chris

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    justbyfaith likes this.
  5. Helen

Helen Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

Thumb.gif
    thumbdown[1].gif

I use them...drag them off and then when needed just drag and drop.

When you have been here a while you will know how post to 'step over' or just ignore. :)
    Some have no idea how to disagree agreeably .

Pisteuo, charity and Nancy like this.
  6. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hahaha! Thank you, I'm honored :D, and YES, I'm a child of the King, He is my provider, protector and the lover of my soul

Mike Waters, 101G and charity like this.
  7. GISMYS_7

GISMYS_7 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

Renniks and Mike Waters like this.
  8. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    hmm you dont think it goes back to Yah, Who gave it regardless?

9. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    and you believe this will only happen after you have literally died, right?
    based upon a literal get of "sleep in the earth?"
    remember what the Preacher said when you were getting baptized, Hobie?

10. GISMYS_7

GISMYS_7 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    2Corinthians 5:8 we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.
    I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

11. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Now may the God of peace sanctify you wholly...

12. jshiii

jshiii Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

Can I just answer this from the perspective the fallen angels will have in hell? While the fallen angels blasphemy the Lord Jesus Christ IN HELL, unfortunately, they will have to listen to the humans who rejected Christ. Those same humans will be saying to the fallen angels, "What the Hell? See What You Guys Caused!" "Jesus Was The Answer, But Noooo, You Just could Not Admit He Defeated You With LOVE!" "I Paid A Priest For Forgiveness, but That Didn't Work?" "I had Every Comfort The World Could Offer, But Could Not Take It With Me To The Grave!" "I'm Thirsty And Those Maggots Will Never Die?" "Anyway, It's Too Late Now, Might As Well Get On Your Knees And Confess, Jesus Is Lord!" "It's Going To Be A Long Time!"

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
    Eternity is a Very long Time!
    Satan Loves Distractions and Wants Christians To Just Die!!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  13. charity

charity Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Hello @GISMYS_7.

What I find interesting about this prayer, which was written during the period covered by the book of Acts, is that for it to find fulfilment for those receiving the epistle of Paul, it would need the repentance of Israel, which as we know did not happen. For then the Lord's return would have occurred in their lifetime. Making it possible for them to be preserved entire as both, 'spirit', 'soul' and 'body' in that day. They therefore died, and were buried, and their 'breath of life' (spirit) returned to the Father from whence it came. They now sleep in Christ awaiting that day, when they will be resurrected to rise and meet the Lord in the air, along with those who are alive and remain.

Praise God!

Thank you.
    In Christ Jesus
    Chris

14. fellow

fellow New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Who are born of flesh? Who are born of spirit?

15. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    All who are born of women, that is of water birth, are born of the flesh.

All who are born again of the spirit of God, are those who believe, those whom He draws to Himself.

fellow and Nancy like this.
  16. Davy

Davy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    There is no spiritual conundrum. There is only God's Holy Writ vs. men's traditions.

The reason why Apostle Paul referred to those in Christ that have died as being "asleep" is simply because they are not really... 'dead'. Those who hear our Lord Jesus in Scripture like Matthew 10:28 understand this. Those still stuck on Old Testament Jewish traditions do not understand it.

Mark 12:26-27
    26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, 'I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?'
    27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
    KJV

Luke 20:37-38
    37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
    38 For He is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto Him.
    KJV

And the Ecclesiastes 9 Scripture about the dead not knowing anything is not understood by those on the false 'dead in the ground' theory...

Eccl 9:4-6
    4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
    5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
    KJV

Ask yourselves brethren, do those ideas in red really, truly apply to those in Christ that have already died?

Is it really true that those who have died in Christ "neither have they any more a reward"?

Is it really true those died in Christ "for the memory of them is forgotten"?

Is it really true those died in Christ "neither have they any more a portion FOR EVER in any thing that is done under the sun"???

Apparently those that preach the 'dead in the ground', which abuse the above Eccl.9 Scripture, cannot read very well. Those concepts there are applied to 'the dead', meaning the wicked dead, those who are destined to perish. It is especially applied to the Rephaim, i.e., the giants which were the offspring of the fallen angels in Genesis 6.

In Isaiah 26:14, the KJV word "deceased" is actually a name for the giants per the Hebrew...

Isa 26:14
    14 They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.
    KJV

That's who 'the dead' really are, i.e., the hybrid giant race which the "sons of God" in Genesis 6 created by taking wives of the daughters of men. They "shall not rise". You know what that means? It means those hybrid giants shall not raise from the dead. So the idea of 'the dead' is especially a pointer to them. How then could that idea ever... point to those in Christ that have died??? Eccl.9 sounds like Solomon is speaking of everyone that is born flesh, but is he really? Obviously not. He is emphasizing two manner of peoples there, the dead being the wicked whose memories are to perish and have no reward, etc.

17. Hobie

Hobie Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So the Bible is 'not acceptable'?

18. ReChoired

ReChoired Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is what happens:

Powerpoint presentation freely available here- Link

More info on this subject can be found here - Link

More info on this subject may be found here - Link

More info on this subject may be found here - Link

Nancy likes this.
  19. Hobie

Hobie Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The second death is the one you have to fear, as God can resurrect you from the grave. But we have to overcome sin through Christ...

Revelation 2:11
    He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 21:8
    But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

20. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    last night, I watched your first video and then, reading Matthew this morning, when I came upon Matthew 10:28 , I see that the soul and the body are separate: "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." Just curious about that.