• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if you lose your faith?

I guess one makes the choice to say - I do not need God, or the Lord Jesus Christ.
The absurdity being that you think you somehow still have the Son and the Father when you have denied the Son.

"23Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well.24As for you, let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father" 1 John 2:23-24

"
if we deny Him, He will also deny us;13if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself." 2 Timothy 2:12-13

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The absurdity being that you think you somehow still have the Son and the Father when you have denied the Son.

The absurd thing, Ferris Bueller, is that you don't understand that the New Birth is ETENAL and not controlled by YOU, or the fact that the blood atonement is not based on your Legalistic self effort..
You are clueless, and preaching in the darkness that is your self righteousness.
You are a harmful spreader of LEGALISM, who cuts and pastes 2-2 verse robotically in 50 posts..., and believes that your carnal flesh excitement that you feel when you are trying to deceive real believers out of their faith, is the Holy Spirit in you.
I can promise you its not., as the HS, does not preach "i keep myself saved if i do this....and THAT is your gospel of works, and you are :
Galatians 1:8

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has already ACCEPTED their faith, when they gave it to Him, and He then produced the new Birth in them, Spiritually.
Its done.

Now, be good or be not good........the believer is not born again because they are good or bad, but because GOD has accepted their FAITH ALREADY.
Its DONE.
But if you are "not good" you show that you are NOT born again as you claim:

"9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. " 1 John 3:9
Does this mean you were never born again or ceased to be born again? What does it matter, lol!? You're going to hell either way. We're majoring in minors here, folks! Do what the Bible says. Let the word of God remain in you!

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The absurd thing, Ferris Bueller, is that you don't understand the New Birth is ETENAL and not controlled by YOU
Of course the new birth is forever! That's why you should continue in faith, believing! To stop believing is to throw away an eternity of abundant life with Jesus both in this life and in the kingdom to come.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Does this mean you were never born again or ceased to be born again?

It means that being born again...BECOMING a Son of God, is not something you understand, and that is why you think that a believer can stop being a Son of God by a faith crisis.
You are deceived and spreading the same.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the New Birth is ETENAL and not controlled by YOU, or the fact that the blood atonement is not based on your self effort..
No, I did it all myself.

Come on, man! Get real. What I'm saying does not negate the power and sovereignty of God in salvation. You just can't see that. You have very narrow, stunted OSAS vision. You can't imagine any other way is possible to understand scripture than the way you do. It's not just that you don't agree with it, you literally can not see any different possible interpretation of scripture than your own. Let alone agree with it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Of course the new birth is forever! T

Listen up, Deceiver..
The New Birth......is not based on you doing anything AFTER you are born again.
its based on God accepting a believers faith in Christ that ONE DAY they gave it to Him, and on that DAY their faith was counted as righteousness, and God gave them the "gift of Righteousness" and the New Birth., and God caused them to become a SON OF GOD, Heir of GOD, and a Joint Heir of Christ.

Then this happens.

Philippians 1:6

God, who began Salvation in the born again, will HIMSELF be Faithful to COMPLETE IT".

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are clueless, and preaching in the darkness that is your self righteousness.
You are a harmful spreader of LEGALISM
Just one scripture, just one, Behold. Show me where letting the word of God remain in you is a legalistic work of self righteousness that will damn you to hell, You owe it to us. Produce it!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
J Show me where letting the word of God !

Jesus is the "Word of God" who is the Seed of the Word.
Its HIM who remains in you, as "Christ in you, the hope of Glory".
This is why the BORN AGAIN, are "the temple of the Holy Spirit".

Fella, this is BIBLE 101 that a One day Old Christian can understand, and does.
You are 20 + yrs and have no idea, what im talking about.
See, spiritual darkness that blinded you, long ago, is just as dark on you know.

You can't stop being born again.
= Christianity 101

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Birth......is not based on you doing anything AFTER you are born again.
Your theology just doesn't pass the test of scripture. Like this:

"Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are His house, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast." 1 John 3:6

You're going to have to either 1) say that genuinely born again people don't, and can't, go back to unbelief, OR, 2) say that a person can stop being born again by the Spirit by going back to unbelief. Because your option just doesn't fit into scripture, period!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your theology just doesn't pass the test of scripture.

Paul's theology, has no issue with the Grace of God and the fact of what it means to become an Eternal Son of God, how this happens and why this is everlasting based on God's Faithfulness.
Hebrews 12:2

Your theology, that quotes a few bible verses, is deep darkness., and is not connected to the Grace of God that you have turned into.."here is how you lose your salvation, if you dont do this"..... Is Galatians 1:8

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only your MIND has "walked away".

The Believer's born again Spirit is always..."ONE WITH GOD" "IN CHRIST".

You can't end the Birth of the Spirit, because you have a mood one day, and say....."i dont want to go to heaven"... because your kid died, or your mother was murdered and you blame God.

Understand?

See, you didnt cause yourself to be born again, and so, you can't end being born again.

"what if a believer loses faith".
What if they do. = God has already ACCEPTED their faith, when they gave it to Him, and He then produced the new Birth in them, Spiritually.
Its done.

Now, be good or be not good........the believer is not born again because they are good or bad, but because GOD has accepted their FAITH ALREADY.
Its DONE.
You can't stop being born again, with a mood swing or a faith crisis.

The born again ARE KEPT BY GOD, who FINISHES THEIR SALVATION, and is FAITHFUL to do it... AND....Jesus FINISHES THEIR FAITH... Hebrews 12:2 & Philippians 1:6

If you throw away faith you no longer have it.

Faith is a choice... do I believe that God created all this earth and the heavens?

However, to say people can not lose their faith, because of them becoming unbelieving - sorry you do not have a much of a case for - Once Saved Always Saved - That is bullsh**.

Love you brother, people can lose their faith and "LOOK and walk AWAY FROM GOD AND JESUS" - no longer trusting them in faith.

Sure you can have your mind renewed but when someone becomes so hard in their heart they no longer care that they even have a relationship with God, even to the point of death - Does Jesus finish the work of the faith for them that did not have it other than allowing Resurrection to the unbeliever and giving them a place outside the kingdom of Heaven?

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God, who began Salvation in the born again, will HIMSELF be Faithful to COMPLETE IT".
Which is exactly why the Bible (not me!) says to hold fast to your profession of faith!

"14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we profess." Hebrews 4:14

It's amazing to me that you're so hardened that you can't see these plain words!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the "Word of God" who is the Seed of the Word.
Its HIM who remains in you, as "Christ in you, the hope of Glory".
Now explain the 'let' in this verse:

"...let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you." 1 John 2:24

And this one:

"...let us hold firmly to what we profess." Hebrews 4:14

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"23Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well.24As for you, let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father" 1 John 2:23-24

"
if we deny Him, He will also deny us;13if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself." 2 Timothy 2:12-13

That is the thing.

Good scripture here.

People believe whatever they desire and most of the time it can simply pertain to themselves when they present a topic here on the forums, and sometimes I have done the same thing.

What happens is you hear one thing "Once saved always saved" YOU THINK ABOUT yourself. I have a relationship with God I can never lose this, will never lose this, then something comes up in their life that is so horrible it gets them to question the existence of God or the actual goodness of God, and thus they say "Ah I desire nothing more to do with him anymore", I do not trust him. They can come back however during those faithless months, or years, can come at a loss of their reward if they do choose to come back to faith. Some just believe, they believe what a pastor says and never go and sees what the scriptures have to say, and when something bad happens to them, they have the option to accept or reject God in and through their hardships.

Life is not easy, and having loss of a loved one can be traumatizing, so can life without parents that lead children to become prositutes and be used and abused... the great thing is that Faith in Christ Jesus, does help, because of the holy spirit that God gives even though their choices...

Rahab was a person of faith that was a prositute.

If one becomes faithless, or does things in faithless acts (I am guilty of it now today even), we do it by our flesh looking away from faith and abiding in the spirit.

(Once saved always saved is bullsh%%) = Effort in believing in faith is needed.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your theology, that quotes a few bible verses, is deep darkness., and is not connected to the Grace of God that you have turned into.."here is how you lose your salvation, if you dont do this"..... Is Galatians 1:8
Please, Behold! Just one scripture, even just a tidbit of a verse that says holding on to the word of God is a work of self righteous effort that will damn you to hell. Just one! Please..... You owe it to me and others so we won't go to hell.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens is you hear one thing "Once saved always saved" YOU THINK ABOUT yourself. I have a relationship with God I can never lose this, will never lose this, then something comes up in their life that is so horrible it gets them to question the existence of God or the actual goodness of God, and thus they say "Ah I desire nothing more to do with him anymore", I do not trust him.
I have told people who believe in OSAS that they don't know if they'll continue to believe until their faith is tested. Because it seemed to me that a lot of the boldness of those who defend OSAS have never been tested. I say that humbly. I know there may be more testing for me that may be a lot more grievous than what I've already endured, and it will only be through the grace of God that I myself will cling fast to the promise of salvation.

"...you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid." Romans 11:20

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have told people who believe in OSAS that they don't know if they'll continue to believe until their faith is tested. Because it seemed to me that a lot of the boldness of those who defend OSAS have never been tested. I say that humbly. I know there may be more testing for me that may be a lot more grievous than what I've already endured, and it will only be through the grace of God that I myself will cling fast to the promise of salvation.

"...you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid." Romans 11:20

Thank you for being honest with me @Ferris Bueller.

What you have said has a lot of merit with-in the words you expressed.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If you throw away faith you no longer have it.

Faith WAS a choice, when you Gave it To God.
Did He through it away, or did He cause the Believer to become a SON OF GOD.

Do you own a bible.
Get all the versions,..........try 40, and see if there is a verse that says you can stop being born again.
Read all 40 and see if there is a VERSE that says...."you can stop being a Son of God".
These verses DO NOT EXIST in a bible, but they do exist in the POSTS of a HERETIC.

You know who teaches the LIE that a Son of God who has Eternal Life, whose FAITH has already been accepted, as proven by them being "seated in heavenly places in Christ".... that this SALVATiON is controlled by them and how they think?

Who is teaching this Lie, MatthewG ?

Im not.
Jesus doesn't, as He told YOU< that 'all those who believe in me, i give unto them Eternal Life, and they shall NEVER PERISH".

What does "NEVER" "Perish" mean?
It means that ETERNAL LIFE, is not temporary, nor based on your MENTAL CONDITION after. you become a Son of God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith WAS a choice, when you Gave it To God.
Did He through it away, or did He cause the Believer to become a SON OF GOD.

Do you own a bible.
Get all the versions,..........try 40, and see if there is a verse that says you can stop being born again.
Read all 40 and see if there is a VERSE that says...."you can stop being a Son of God".
These verses DO NOT EXIST in a bible, but they do exist in the POSTS of a HERETIC.

You know who teaches the LIE that a Son of God who has Eternal Life, whose FAITH has already been accepted, as proven by them being "seated in heavenly places in Christ".... that this SALVATiON is controlled by them and how they think?

Who is teaching this Lie, MatthewG ?

Im not.
Jesus doesn't, as He told YOU< that 'all those who believe in me, i give unto them Eternal Life, and they shall NEVER PERISH".

What does "NEVER" "Perish" mean?
It means that ETERNAL LIFE, is not temporary, nor based on your MENTAL CONDITION after. you become a Son of God.

Listen you can believe what ever you want however once saved always saved is not true.

Not everyone is saved to the Kingdom of Heaven.

You are funny but thank you for conversing with me.

Faith is a continuing choice minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day.

Do I trust God to get me through this?

Or do I not trust God to get me through this and trust in Myself?

You consider the sharing of scripture, you need to do it as a whole and not make a doctrine out of just one line!

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.