• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if a person has Jesus in them, they are born again, and have eternal life, which IS : Eternal Security......which is...>"Christ IN YOU the Hope of Glory".
The word must remain in you for you to remain in the Son and the Father and in the promise of eternal life.

"24As for you, let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father. 25And this is the promise that He Himself made to us: eternal life." 1 John 2:24-25

Is it possible for the word to not remain in a truly saved person? Who cares? The important thing is that you are believing, because no unbeliever, whether they were ever really a true believer or not, will inherit the kingdom. Just do what the Bible tells us to do - let the word remain in you.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bottom line is that you claimed there was no reference in scripture to Abraham being the father of all who have faith, Jew and Gentile, and I quoted Paul saying just that.
That is kind of what I said....copy and pasted here....
I am not a Jew. Did he say we are the sons of Abraham or he is the father of our faith.
The gentiles were definitely not the sons of Abraham.....and my ancestry would point to gentiles.
Now in that time period there were Jewish-Christians and Paul was one of them.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only get "stern" with preachings that can lead people down the path to hell. And I get stern with evil people too.
This is a false belief that can hurt people. But not all that preach it are evil. It attract some people that are concerned about their loved ones and can not stand the thought of them going to hell. A mother may have a son or daughter that live the LGBTQ lifestyle or they take drugs and or give them to children. There sons may be in prison for rape or murder and they will tell that their son has a good heart. Some of these sons and daughters may have been in church and were baptized but now live sin as a lifestyle. Mothers and Grand mothers fear them dying in those lifestyles. So they come to believe the "Once saved always saved" heresy.

Some people come to Christianity to know God and clean up their life....but some meet the heretics that do not make it clear that they most repent and change their life or they are lost even if they believe in Christ. Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Matthew 7:21 That is the facts, that is the truth. Believing in Christ does not give anyone the license to sin. Heaven will not be full of evil. Heaven is not the destination of evildoers. What would hell be for?

Christ's grace is powerful, not stupid. He is not your mark to fool.

Christ knows your heart....knows your honest intent....repentance and forgiveness is ours as long as we do our best to apply Christ to our life. Work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Don't be fooled by the Once saved always saved heretics. Walk with Christ everyday of your life...love His ways and follow His ways....The Way as it was called. What would Christ and Apostles say to these Once saved always saved heretics....probably the word cursed would be used. Cursed for themselves and those they lead to hell.
Amen! :)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Here are some thoughts, regarding "Losing your Faith"

Here is the reality... > Your Faith does not save you.
God SAVED you >through your Faith. = ONCE.... Proof = BORN AGAIN.
Big difference.
Vital Distinction.

So, falling away from it after you are SAVED, basically does nothing but allow others to esteem you as a backslider.
God doesn't because God does not count sin against a SON of God, as He's already counted them all against His "only Begotten" for you.
This "backslider" is a SON of GOD who is off the main path but they are not "LOST" , as they were previously found by Jesus's Blood and redeemed, which is the reason they are SAVED at all.

There are a lot of Christian's who are no where near the path of Light, yet they are all Children of the Light., by being "born again" into the Spirit of God.
Reader....There is no verse in the NT that says....> you fell out of Christ".
And that is because you can't.
You are "bone of Jesus Christ's bones, and flesh of Jesus Christ's flesh".
"ONE with God"...>"In Christ". A "new Creation".
"As Jesus is so are the born again in this world".... right now. = "seated in heavenly placed, IN CHRIST....right now".

On the Day God saved you, He knew all about what you would do wrong and right, later.
So, if you have a faith issue, God knew you would, and yet, He saved you anyway.
Why? Because once He does, then Jesus becomes the Author and FINISHER of your Faith, an God who started Salvation in you, will be faithful to complete it.
Hebrews 12:2. and Philippians 1:6

We as BIBLE believers are to understand that in Eternity, in Heaven, the only Sin that God evaluates, to evaluate you, is the unpardonable sin of Christ Rejection.
This is the unpardonable sin., and if you die a Christ Rejector, then you prevent Christ on the Cross from taking your sin,.....and you die "un-pardoned".
= the un-pardonable....sin.
= Christ Rejection.
This is actually choosing to go to Hell.
Bad choice.
See.....Its only a Christ Rejector......its only THIS sin, that is alone dealt with In Heaven, in Revelation 20:11. Great White Throne.
Believers only meet God as FATHER and never as Judge, and we meet Christ because we Trusted Him on EARTH But if you didn't, and die then you dont meet Christ as your Savior, you only meet the JUDGE who Sent Jesus here, and you Rejected Him. And now God will reject YOU..
= Hell .... = THE LAKE OF FIRE . "this is the 2nd Death".

So, if you are not saved, and you are reading this... please do not reject Christ and meet God as your Judge.
Please don't do that.
Receive Jesus, Trust in Jesus..... kneel at the Cross in your heart and receive the LOVE of God.... End up happy in Heaven, and eternally so.

Down here, on earth, a believer's bad behavior is dealt with by.= "reaping and sowing".
And God will also correct a born again believer for flesh issues, .. Hebrews 12:6.
The born again meet God as their Father.
The unsaved, meet God as their Judge.
On earth, all meet "sowing and reaping" for sin or "works of the flesh"..., so, be sure your deeds are not the type that are going to harvest a season of pain in your life.

People want to judge God, and the bible, based on their opinion.
(self righteousness)
But God's ways are higher than ours, as in as high as Heaven is from the earth, is how differently God's thinks and behaves, as compared to how we would try to do the same.
WE, as humans, can't even grasp that a holy God would come to earth and die for the UNGODLY....Yet He DID.
Jesus looked down from the cross into the hate filled eyes of those who wanted him up there and LOVED THEM and said..."Father forgive them".

Self Righteous believers can't stand the fact that God's Grace continues to be the same, unchanging for people who are born again,, but who don't live a holy life.
What they want to think about them, is that they deserve hell, or that they have lost their salvation. That is how the self righteous would have it for them.
Thats how they feel.... and that is how they sound on Forums like this one.
That's is their carnal flesh-mind. That is how it reacts against the Grace of God, at times.
The more of a legalist you are, the more you will have these types of feelings and beliefs.
Did you want to cast the first stone? ??

Parents dont love their children because they are bad or good, they love them because they are their Children, and that is God's love. That is God's love for us, and His love is everlasting and UNCONDITIONAL.
We dont earn it. We RECEIVE IT. Salvation is a GIFT.
They who are cold to God and off the walk of faith, are still always His Blood bought Children, and He does not love them less because they are horrible people.
On the day He saved them God knew they would turn out to be rotten stinking Christians.
But Christians they are, and to HIM they belong, as "new BIRTH", and its the Blood Atonement that decided this for them on the day they gave their Faith in Christ to God.

ALL sin is pardoned on the CROSS and offered as : SALVATION.
In fact, that God does not charge you for yours, as Christ has already died for them ALL = Romans 4:8.
If you reader, have not studied this verse deeply, then you need to study it.
And you need to study this one also..... Hebrews 13:9.
AS if you don't follow that one, early in your born again "babe in Christ" experience, then you'll potentially end up as a devout Legalist on a forum like this one at some point teaching Galatians 1:8.
Many of these are here today

So, again....about "losing Faith"....
"whatever is not of faith (losing faith for example) is sin"
=""where SIN Abounds (in the LIFE OF A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN), .. GRACE more abounds".
"God who began your salvation in you, will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL to COMPLETE it".
Philippians 1:6
"Jesus is the author and FINISHER of your FAITH"
Hebrews 12:2
In other words, you can't out-sin God's Grace.
Many try it, but it can't be done.
You can only "fall away" from it, and become what Paul is describing in Galatians.
""are you so FOOLISH< (that you use to Trust Christ to keep you saved) , but now you are gone BACK into the (flesh) worrying about the 10 commandments, and the law, and lifestyle, and holding unto your faith, trying to keep yourself saved..
You are "" FALLEN...from GRACE."
This is the Legalist.

So, understand that "holding onto your faith", is not principally different than keeping the 10 commandments, regarding its inability to save you or keep you saved.

A person says......"but my faith is what saved me".
And the NT says....NO = God saved you, through your faith".
And Jesus said of our Salvation while ON the Cross, "it if finished".

A believer says.... "ummm, well, ok, faith does not save me, it's God through the Blood of Jesus who SAVED me.....I see, BUT....what if i fall out of faith". ?????
What if you do?
What if you don't.
This does not stipulate or control or condemn the blood bought redemption that has happened to you.
= "New Birth".
= "New Creation IN CHRIST".
Faith does not do this, it only allows GOD TO DO IT TO YOU, FOR YOU, through your Faith.
HE DID iT FOR YOU.
ITS DONE. .... if you are born again.

So, It really does come down to one realization.
Its not what you trusted to SAVE YOU< but its what you are trusting to KEEP YOU SAVED.....is the issue that is deceiving the Legalist.
AS right here is where a legalist "falls from Grace", and into "self saving."

Remember...Salvation, is an eternal blood bought contract between the Blood of Jesus and your initial Faith, that results in you going to heaven to be with the family of GOD : only based on Jesus on THE CROSS.
Here is a simple question for you Behold: What does it profit if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
indeed it's a matter of the heart not what doctrine we see as truth or not
Hello Cross,

If it is, as you have been taught, only a matter of the heart and NOT what doctrine we see as truth or not then what do you make of these passages:

Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

So that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Curious
Mary

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
16 For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace,

This verse you posted eliminates: "here is what i have to do to stay saved"
So, when you meet someone who teaches Legalism " they can lose their salvation", or that they have to "Keep this, and do that" to be saved or stay saved, then they are contradicting God's Salvation, that He only offers as "GRACE", "the Gift of Salvation" that excludes, self effort.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Here is a simple question for you Behold: What does it profit if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

Faith can't save you. Thats correct.

God saves you, THROUGH YOUR Faith,

Faith is "counted" as Righteousness, because FAITH is not the Savior.
God is the Savior.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith can't save you. Thats correct.

God saves you, THROUGH YOUR Faith,

Faith is "counted" as Righteousness, because FAITH is not the Savior.
God is the Savior.
Ok....Your statements are a bit confusing...

If faith does not save me then that means I don't need faith? Is that what you are saying?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Curious Mary

Good morning Marymog,
That is something I ask them a lot. My motto for Christian application is be good and do good.
Probably the most ignored scriptures are the parable of the sheep and the goats and Christ's discussion of the bread and wine ritual.
Many ignore the precedence set and the ramifications of both.
Both are unconditional.
What happens to those that do not help others? And what happens if you do not participate in the bread and wine ritual?
In both instances some of the Bible only people violate their own beliefs.

What has caused this? In relation to Good Deeds it was partly due to Paul's statement that we are saved by faith, not by works. They think that works meant that nothing a Christian does effects their salvation. Case in point here shows some believe that you can sin all you want and go to heaven. But on the topic of works, Paul was talking about the works of the Mosaic Law. From there Christians over the centuries came up with a list of man-made sins, in an attempt to show who was most holy....LOL Don't do this, don't do that.... before long the best thing to do was live in a closet and come out on Sundays. And they are all guilty of it. You know the most well known early Christians lived in tree, towers, caves, in the desert etc. Christianity eventually became a don't doers religion. There is some humor in that....because they did not get it from Christ or the Apostles, they did not just camp out and do nothing. The Way of Christ and the Apostles was to exhaust yourself doing good.

As far as the bread and wine ritual....Christ knew it would be controversial....the context was sacrilegious to the Jews....drinking His blood and eating His flesh... But He knew it had to be done. Not that we understand why, just no life in us if we did not. A close read of the Gospel of John 6:31-40 shows that He risked His ministry over this. The conversation with the Jews stopped and it offended His own Apostles and His other disciples walked away and never walked with Him again. Why was it so important? What happens during the bread and wine ritual? What does it do? It has been speculated on by the Catholics and the Protestants for centuries. We may not know, but Christ made it clear you are not going anywhere without it. Unequivocally no life in us and we do not abide in Christ. Besides being disobedient to Christ what will that look like on Judgment Day....standing before Christ...no life in us and have not abide in Christ.

Be good and do good...The Way as it was called, not The Sit. Our journey with Christ....is about doing...workout our salvation with fear and trembling...Love God and our neighbors by helping them if they need it. Support the church and participate with its events. What will happen to the closet Christians? That is up to Christ to decide on Judgment Day.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ok....Your statements are a bit confusing...

If faith does not save me then that means I don't need faith? Is that what you are saying?

Salvation is God as CHRIST on the Cross, dying for your sin, and mine.

Simple, isnt it?
Now, How do you get THAT, that God has done on the Cross, applied to you?
As if it never is, you die and go to hell.

So, how do you get, what Jesus has done on the Cross, APPLIED TO YOU< as that is how you are SAVED and Born again.

Simple.

"the work of God, is that you BELIEVE ON JESUS< whom God sent".
"all that call on the name of the Lord, BELIEVING", shall be saved".
"Jesus said....all that BELIEVE IN ME, i give unto them Eternal Life, and they shall never Perish".

see those?
Notice "BELIEVE".....as there is your FAITH given to GOD.
See it?
You GIVE GOD your Faith in Christ, and God gives you what Christ has done for you on the Cross.

Your Faith is counted ,.. its ACCEPTED, by God and He then gives you...."The Gift of Salvation, and "the Gift of Righteousness", and He will cause you to have the new birth, which is to be born again.
HE DOES IT ALL, IF IF< IF<.....and WHEN..... you give God your FAITH In Christ."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
..drinking His blood and eating His flesh... But He knew it had to be done. Not that we understand why, just no life in us if we did not..

Why are you telling her your "cult of Mary" nonsense?
Why are you rejecting the Grace of God, and trying to replace it with bread and juice?

God requires that you BELIEVE, to save you.
Communion happens after you have believed, and its you FAITH that God accepts to save you..., not the juice and the cookie.

Did "taking communion" die on the Cross for you?
Then DONT TEACH THAT COMMUNION IS YOUR SALVATION, AS THAT IS A DECEIT.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The word must remain in you for you to remain in the Son and the Father and in the promise of eternal life.

Jesus Himself is Eternal life.
He is the WORD that is IN all the born again, and they are "IN Christ"

God keeps you saved, not you.

Philippians 1:6

Jesus takes care of your faith, not you.

Hebrews 12:2​

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you telling here your "cult of Mary" nonsense?

You keep doing this....I referenced scripture. You wear on my patience.
God requires that you BELIEVE, to save you.

Communion happens after you have believed, and its the FAITH that God accepts, not the juice and the cookie.

Again referencing scriptures.....good luck with belittling the Words of Christ Himself.

Of course the topic is your misunderstanding of salvation as a whole. Thinking that you can sin all you want and Christ will reward sin.
You think that you can belittle Christ's words and get away with it. Its a joke for you. Get away with anything is the message of OSAS. So no surprise. Heresy as a religion. You think Christ is a fool....a mark for you to con....and grace condones sinful lifestyles.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You keep doing this....I referenced scripture. You wear on my patience.
Again referencing scriptures.....good luck with belittling the Words of Christ Himself.

Your patience issue is not my problem, its yours.
Deal with it.

Also,
Christ never told anyone to take communion to be born again, or to be saved, or to have eternal life.
Deceivers teach this Cross Rejecting Theology.

the "water cults"....that include "the Cult of Mary" and the "Jehovah's witness" cult, both teach that water is necessary for salvation, and that eating the communion is salvation.

These are the devil's lies.
Try not to continue to teach them, Grailhunter.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is God as CHRIST on the Cross, dying for your sin, and mine.

Simple, isnt it?
Now, How do you get THAT, that God has done on the Cross, applied to you?
As if it never is, you die and go to hell.

So, how do you get, what Jesus has done on the Cross, APPLIED TO YOU< as that is how you are SAVED and Born again.

Simple.

"the work of God, is that you BELIEVE ON JESUS< whom God sent".
"all that call on the name of the Lord, BELIEVING", shall be saved".
"Jesus said....all that BELIEVE IN ME, i give unto them Eternal Life, and they shall never Perish".

see those?
Notice "BELIEVE".....as there is your FAITH given to GOD.
See it?
You GIVE GOD your Faith in Christ, and God gives you what Christ has done for you on the Cross.

Your Faith is counted ,.. its ACCEPTED, by God and He then gives you...."The Gift of Salvation, and "the Gift of Righteousness", and He will cause you to have the new birth, which is to be born again.
HE DOES IT ALL, IF IF< IF<.....and WHEN..... you give God your FAITH In Christ."
Ummm....I don't see an answer to my question: If faith does not save me then that means I don't need faith?

I agree with you that Salvation is obtained by having FAITH that God as CHRIST died on the Cross for me. But if I don't have the FAITH that He died on the cross for me then I won't be saved! Which means that FAITH is necessary for salvation! Right?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ never told anyone to take communion to be born again, or to be saved, or to have eternal life.

That is were you error in understanding the path to heaven. Born again is the start of the journey, not the destination, not a ticket to heaven. Your ticket is not punched until Judgment Day. Christ is not going to reward sin. Heaven is not going to be full of evildoers, so the battle between good and evil is not going to be a battle in heaven.

Cherry picking the scriptures to justify sin will have it own rewards....pack the barbeque sauce....you may need it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ummm....I don't see an answer to my question: If faith does not save me then that means I don't need faith?

Maybe you can look for an argument with someone else? Or you can read what i wrote, carefully.

I just told you, that you have to give GOD your FAITH, so that He will Give you Salvation.

Can you not understand this?
Is that the issue?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That is were you error in understanding the path to heaven. .

The only path to Heaven, is Jesus.
He said so....... John 14:6

You are not on that path, according to your years of posting cult nonsense on the Forum, and im sure not just this one.

You said you are having "fun".
Well, keep having it, and one day that will end for you.
Prove me right, again.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the "water cults"....that include "the Cult of Mary" and the "Jehovah's witness" cult, both teach that water is necessary for salvation, and that eating the communion is salvation.

The water cults....water Baptism is scriptural and testified to by the earliest of Christian writers. Acts 2:38
Baptism necessary for salvation and the bread and wine ritual necessary for salvation. You show not only a disregard to the Words of Christ....Mocking them! You rebel against the scriptures and choose to disobey Christ! Of course that would be completely inline with OSAS beliefs, a religion of sin. You do not even understand the character of Christ or the example He set.

Status
Not open for further replies.