• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your Salvation is not based on you trying not to lose it
Correct. It's based on the everlasting sufficiency of Christ's ministry and sacrifice. You remain in the sufficiency of Christ's ministry and sacrifice by continuing to believe and trust in it. I made this abundantly clear from scripture.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Correct. It's based on the everlasting sufficiency of Christ's ministry and sacrifice.

So, if Christ's SALVATION< is everlasting, as He is God whose Blood is shed, then why do you falsely teach that this Salvation, is based on you not losing it?

See, liars try to play both sides.....they try to pretend that they have FAITH, that Christ is Savior, but then they deny that He keeps them saved, unless THEY do it for Him.
Thats You.
Understand?
Thats your religion.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is Christ on the Cross.
Its not your silly self effort and pride that believes that your works matter.
Where's that scripture that says believing and continuing to believe is a work of self-righteous boasting? You show me that verse and I'll show you the verse that says it is not. Deal? I tell you what...I'll go first...

"27Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of works? No, but on that of faith." Romans 3:27
You're up now. Show us the verse that says 'believing' IS a work of self-righteous boasting. Someday, Behold, you're going to have to get a grip on your pride and arrogance and acknowledge the plain words of scripture that we're sharing that directly contradict what you so confidently, but falsely, affirm. You are wrong and you have to have the courage to admit it.

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if Christ's SALVATION< is everlasting, as He is God whose Blood is shed, then why do you falsely teach that this Salvation, is based on you not losing it?

See, liars try to play both sides.....they try to pretend that they have FAITH, that Christ is Savior, but then they deny that He keeps them saved, unless THEY do it for Him.
Thats You.
Understand?
Thats your religion.
The fact that you do not understand my argument does not make it wrong.

The power of salvation is in that salvation itself (the power being the sufficiency and surety of Christ's ministry). You remain in the power of that salvation by continuing to believe and trust in it. The power of salvation remains in Christ. It doesn't transfer to you just because you have to believe in it to have it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The power of salvation is in that salvation itself.

Paul said....""The preaching of the Cross is the power OF GO unto Salvation"

also..

Once you stop trying to save yourself, (keep yourself saved)....then you have taken your first step of Faith in Christ.
Maybe that will happen one day for you.
Let us know if that day ever arrives.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once you stop trying to save yourself, (keep yourself saved).
No, what happens is people stop relying on that which keeps them saved. Just because you can't grasp that obvious logic doesn't mean it's not true. It means you can't understand it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No, what happens is people stop relying on that which keeps them saved. .

You are relying on yourself to not lose your salvation. = No faith in Christ to keep you saved".
No need to lie about this and ignore it, and post some verse 56 more times, you can't comprehend.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said....""The preaching of the Cross is the power OF GO unto Salvation"
And if that preaching doesn't remain in you then you aren't saved:

"1Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel (the power of God unto salvation) I preached to you , which you received, and in which you stand firm. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word (the power of God unto salvation) I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:1-2

And before you even go there, the vanity of their believing is if Christ is not really risen from the dead as he told them he is (1 Corinthians 15:14 & 1 Corinthians 15:17), not if they didn't really believe as you erroneously contend. You have no case here. The scriptures obliterate your contention that people who don't continue to believe are somehow saved.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again is the proof you have eternal life.
NOBODY argues that point. The contention that is being resisted is your ridiculous claim that the person who no longer believes is somehow born again. The scriptures are very clear that the person who does not live like a born again person IS NOT A BORN AGAIN PERSON. You keep ignoring those scriptures. Someday, somehow, somewhere you're going to have to humble yourself and acknowledge that the scriptures directly contradict your ridiculous claim that people who don't live the born again life are born again. Your fight is not against us. It's against the plain words of scripture.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are relying on yourself to not lose your salvation.
No, it's only through God's encouragement and help that I can continue to believe if I want to. Even my 'want to' is because of God's intervention and encouragement and not solely of myself.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cant be changed., as you can never stop being born again?
Then you can never go back to unbelief. Don't you understand the implication of your own argument!

"9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." 1 John 3:9

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't find "to activate the Holy Spirit" in my bible.
Perhaps you can give me scripture references as to HOW to activate, like a switch, the Holy Spirit?
J.
I don't have time to dig into it now, but there is truth in what she's saying. The baptism of the Spirit in power through water baptism is how you receive power to be His witness. Acts of the Apostles 1:8.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't find "to activate the Holy Spirit" in my bible.
Perhaps you can give me scripture references as to HOW to activate, like a switch, the Holy Spirit?
J.
...since

In whom ye also — Ye Gentiles. Supply as English Version, “trusted,” from Eph_1:12; or “are.” The priority of us Jews does not exclude you Gentiles from sharing in Christ (compare Act_13:46).
the word of truth — the instrument of sanctification, and of the new birth (Joh_17:17; 2Ti_2:15; Jas_1:18). Compare Col_1:5, where also, as here, it is connected with “hope.”

Also Eph_4:21.
sealed — as God’s confirmed children, by the Holy Spirit as the seal (Act_19:1-6; Rom_8:16, Rom_8:23; 1Jn_3:24; see on 2Co_1:22). A seal impressed on a document gives undoubted validity to the contract in it (Joh_3:33; Joh_6:27; compare 2Co_3:3).

So the sense of “the love of God shed abroad in the heart by the Holy Ghost” (Rom_5:5), and the sense of adoption given through the Spirit at regeneration (Rom_8:15, Rom_8:16), assure believers of God’s good will to them. The Spirit, like a seal, impresses on the soul at regeneration the image of our Father.

The “sealing” by the Holy Spirit is spoken of as past once for all. The witnessing to our hearts that we are the children of God, and heirs (Eph_1:11), is the Spirit’s present testimony, the “earnest of the (coming) inheritance” (Rom_8:16-18).

that Holy Spirit of promise — rather, as the Greek, “The Spirit of promise, even the Holy Spirit”: The Spirit promised both in the Old and New Testaments (Joe_2:28; Zec_12:10; Joh_7:38, Joh_7:39). “The word” promised the Holy Spirit. Those who “believed the word of truth” were sealed by the Spirit accordingly.
Jamieson.

sealed
The Holy Spirit is Himself the seal. In the symbolism of Scripture a seal signifies:
(1) A finished transaction Jer_32:9; Jer_32:10; Joh_17:4; Joh_19:30.
(2) Ownership Jer_32:11; Jer_32:12; 2Ti_2:19
(3) Security Est_8:8; Dan_6:17; Eph_4:30

ye also: Eph_2:11-12; Col_1:21-23; 1Pe_2:10
after that ye heard: Eph_4:21; Joh_1:17; Rom_6:17, Rom_10:14-17; Col_1:4-6, Col_1:23; 1Th_2:13
the word: Psa_119:43; 2Co_6:7; 2Ti_2:15; Jas_1:18
the gospel: Mar_16:15-16; Act_13:26; Rom_1:16; 2Ti_3:15; Tit_2:11; Heb_2:3
ye were: Eph_4:30; Joh_6:27; Rom_4:11; 2Co_1:22; 2Ti_2:19; Rev_7:2
holy: Joe_2:28; Luk_11:13, Luk_24:49; Joh_14:16-17, Joh_14:26, Joh_15:26, Joh_16:7-15; Act_1:4; Act_2:16-22, Act_2:33; Gal_3:14

J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't have time to dig into it now, but there is truth in what she's saying. Water baptism is how you receive power to be His witness. Acts 1:8.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, when the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea and Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

To whom was this addressed?

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you; not till then, not of their own strength, but of God’s grace, as appeared by Peter’s denying and the others leaving of our Saviour.

And ye...the disciples who became the apostles.. shall be witnesses unto me, that I am indeed the promised Messiah; and of my doctrine, life, death, resurrection, and ascension, which ye shall testify to all the world by your preaching and holy living, working miracles.

Both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria; places where your testimony shall be most opposed. These words are both a command, to tell the apostles what they ought to do, and a prediction of what they should be enabled to do.

ye shall: Act_2:1-4, Act_6:8, Act_8:19; Mic_3:8; Zec_4:6; Luk_10:19; Rev_11:3-6
power: etc. or, the power of the Holy Ghost coming upon you, Luk_1:35, Luk_24:29; Rom_15:19
and ye: Act_1:22, Act_2:32, Act_3:15, Act_4:33, Act_5:32, Act_10:39-41, Act_13:31, Act_22:15; Mat_28:19; Mar_16:15; Luk_24:46-49; Joh_15:27
in Samaria: Act_8:5-25
unto: Psa_22:27, Psa_98:3; Isa_42:10, Isa_49:6, Isa_52:10, Isa_66:19; Jer_16:19; Mat_24:14; Rom_10:18, Rom_15:19

So I MUST/DEI be water baptized in order to obtain a witness of the violent death of Christ Jesus on that cross and His glorious ascension?

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.