• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but God's got that covered also....”If we are Unfaithful , yet HE Remains Faithful” .....your God is too small.
No, your knowledge of scripture is too small. We're talking about denying Christ here, not being unfaithful in our duties to the Lord.

"if we deny Him, He will also deny us; if we are faithless, He remains faithful" 2 Timothy 2:11-12

The person who denies Christ will himself be denied by Christ. He does not deny the believing Christian when he is unfaithful in his walk.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it’s not called “ AMAZING” Grace for no Reason....your version of Grace is that Grace is Fine —- But Only If you don’t really need it.
No, my version of grace is the Bible's version of grace which says God's grace does not cover purposely turning away from him in unbelief. It will cover the mistakes and shortcomings of the believing person, but it will not cover the sin of rejecting his grace in salvation.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how does that line-up with this verse ? 1John 2:1......” I write these things with the hope that you will not sin....but if you “Do” Sin, we have an Intercessor to plead our case—- Jesus Christ the Righteous!”...
By your own admission you say you have the reading comprehension of a five year old. So let me spell this out for you as best I can for you: Since John says "if you sin" in 1 John 2:1 we know he can't be saying born again people don't ever sin in 1 John 3:9. It's just a matter of simple reading comprehension and logic. If you'll just read 1 John 3:9 you'll see he says he's talking about continuing in sin. The born again person does not remain in a lifestyle of sin like they did before they were born again. They grow up and out of it. Peter talks about this, too, in 2 Peter 1:8.

Think, BB, think! It's right there before your eyes. Read with understanding!

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I dislike not adhering to biblical terminology. What we read in the KJV and how we interpret the text by many sophistry, eisegesis, is a thorn in my side.

Like "how to activate the Holy Spirit"
Can you explain this?

J.
Peter says water baptism is a public declaration of your devotion to Christ. It's a witness. This first act of public witness will unleash the power of a life of witness for Christ. I mean, it should. But the way the church has abandoned the baptism of the Spirit in power, and all of the supernatural gifts, we have suppressed the ministry of Spirit in effective ministry and witness. We don't believe in it. And, generally speaking, you won't receive anything from God that you do not believe in.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8 and John 10 seem strongly to show the believer's eternal security.
Yes, salvation is indeed secure...as long as you keep believing. The promise of security is for those in the household of Christ, not for those who are not in it because of unbelief. That is Biblical security.

"...we are His house, if we hold firmlyc to our confidence and the hope of which we boast." Hebrews 3:6

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Absolutely true:

"19Do not extinguish the Spirit." 1 Thessalonians 5:19
Thanks FB.
You have the NT in your head...you come up with great verses to back up what you state (in this case what I said)

I don't know...
it seems so simple to me and some others here.
And, I think, others just read into verses what they want them to say...eisegesis.
Maybe one day they'll read them and understand what they're really saying...exegesis.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to turn over a new leaf.

2 Corinthians 5:17
17Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

1 Thessalonians 4:3a
3For this is the will of God, your sanctification;

As for not interpreting the NT correctly....this might help:

1 Timothy 2:20-21
Paul teaches...
20Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor.
21Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.

Nothing wrong with that ,in and of itself—- my only point is that it won’t save you....

And when you are “ in Christ” the Old Things “ DO” pass away and All things become New—- it’s not anything that “ YOU” do by attempting to improve your morality by Turning over a New Leaf....It’s all an act of God as He TRANSFORMS you from the inside out—- it’s that “ Inside of the Cup” that Jesus referred to...we don’t “ Change” —— we allow ourselves , by our Faith in Christ, to be TRANSFORMED—- BIG Difference! God is not looking for Spiritual Imitation—- He is looking for Spiritual FRUITION.....it’s “ YOU” doing it versus “ HE” doing it.....he prefers the latter......It’s all a By-Product Of Resting in the Finished Work Of The Cross—- are you “ resting” or “ working” by Turning over that New Leaf ? I never attempted to “ clean up my act” —-I started practicing Faith and He did it “ for” me!... we are ALL “Dirty” and only Jesus can do the proper cleaning .....we don’t “ clean up the house” and invite Him in—- we invite Him in and HE cleans the house....

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..nobody can truly know if they're saved, so all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope we make the grade..:)

I strongly disagree, since we know that we are saved..

I'm sure every Christian on earth thinks they're saved, but have got a shock coming..:)-
Jesus said-"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matthew 7:21-23)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure every Christian on earth thinks they're saved, but have got a shock coming..:)-
Jesus said-"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matthew 7:21-23)

@Dropship @Johann

I am the first to agree that a Christian can work their way to hell....a few ways, But it is not a mystery. You know if you are working your way to hell. This is not a mystery and salvation is secure.

Big sins and sinful lifestyles....pack the barbeque sauce.

Most Christians are usually very boring sinners and do not tax grace.

The average Christian should be confident in their salvation....

Now a days we have Bibles...study Bibles...the internet at the tip of our fingers.....saved and knowledgeable.

Those Christians that listened to the Apostle Paul or Peter.....had no Bible....they listened and believed and tried to do right and they were saved.....yep we are saved today?

For saved there is no gauge for high faith.....You believe Yeshua is the Son of God and your Savior. No popup indicator! The indicator that you believe is that you are a follower of Christ and amend your life using Him as a example. If your life does not change, that is the indicator of a problem.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I LOVE True Christians and can’t stand Religious people....

True Brethren I love ....the Bible warns against “ FALSE” Brethren and THOSE are the ones I have a problem with.
But you're okay with adulterers, murderers, fornicators, etc.? Why are you singling out "religious" people that attend our churches and not the other sinners that Paul says should be put out of the church until they repent, if they repent?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I MUST/DEI be water baptized in order to obtain a witness of the violent death of Christ Jesus on that cross and His glorious ascension?
You must be baptized in the Spirit to obtain a powerful witness. Water baptism, when taught that way, is one of those ways you get that power.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Unbeliever can “ hear” with his eyes by reading the Bible....Read the First Chapter Of Romans —- it was written to Unbelievers to shake them up and wake them and show them they were wretched Sinners that needed a Savior.....by far, it is not the only chapter of the Bible that was talking to Lost people out there in the World.
Really? Romans was written to unsaved people?

8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being proclaimed all over the world. 9God, whom I serve with my spirita in preaching the gospel of His Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you 10in my prayers at all times, asking that now at last by God’s will I may succeed in coming to you. 11For I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you, 12that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith." Romans 1:8-12

The Bible is written to the people of God. The people of God are to be trained by it to evangelize and teach others:

"16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But God will not be fooled, as some on this thread insinuate...
to the point of degrading those of us that are following in Jesus' teachings the best we can

Of course it is a great thing to “follow” the Teachings Of Jesus the best that we can—- Nobody is
“Degrading” you for that.....But Jesus did not come down here to preach a new and improved Lifestyle message that would Save a person if they were able to “ Live Up” to it......

Jesus did not PREACH a New Religion —- Jesus Preached “ HIMSELF!”.......As in,” * I* am the Way, *I* am the Truth, *I* am the Life—— “ NOBODY comes to the Father without ME!”

“Follow Jesus” the best that you can ( have you sold everything that you own and given it to the poor yet? ) , but just make sure you get “ first things” first—-One must do “ God's Will” First ....and what would” that” be? The Will Of God is to “ BELIEVE in the One He sent”.... You Prove that this side of the cross by RESTING in Paul’s Gospel, given to him by Jesus—— 1Cor15:1-4....THAT will get the Holy Spirit in you and if you don’t have THAT—- Your “ Following Jesus” is a Fool’s Errand .....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoa.
Just fell on this.
I do believe judging persons is way beyond your paygrade.

We could judge the BEHAVIOR of a person...
NOT THEIR SALVATION and state of their soul/spirit.

That is for God alone.

I can tell the PRESENT state of Anybody’s Soul.....The tongue reveals what is in the Heart Of a man....If a man says merely the following——- “Jesus is “ A” son of God” , as opposed to saying , “ Jesus is THE SON Of God”, he is Lost at that point in time....( if he has held this view without ever having any Faith in Jesus in his entire life)
Of course, me nor anybody else can say with any certainty that that man will NEVER be Saved—- he could become a Believer before he kicked the bucket...

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which verses?
We'll discuss later if you want to.

It's about the sheep.
HIS sheep.
We have to belong to the fold...

but give me some verses you believe state we have security NO MATTER WHAT.

Acts10:13—- “Anybody that ASKS to be Saved, WILL BE Saved”.....God made That Promise and God can not lie .....Notice that God did NOT say that if you ask to be Saved , you “ Might” be Saved, or “ Congratulations , you Now have a “ CHANCE” to be Saved....He said , “ YOU WILL BE SAVED!” ....The “ Monkey” is on HIS back —- Not Mine! I did MY part— I ASKED.......Now it is up to HIM to do HIS part, which is to Save me..... I Believe That God keeps His Word .....Do you?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..You know if you are working your way to hell. This is not a mystery and salvation is secure..

I know a christian woman who sings in a church choir and she goes around saying "It's terrible what the Americans are doing in the middle east, deliberately bombing women and children".
I doubt if lefty liars such as her are "secure"..:)

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These scriptures tell you directly what sins will prevent you from going to heaven and the last one means you are headed for the barbecue....so pack the barbecue sauce.

Your Confusion over Scripture is due to the fact that you don’t Believe the Gospel, therefore you lack the Holy Spirit That enables a Saved person to discern Spiritual matters.....
The First Part Of The Gospel that must be Believed in order to be Saved says that “ Jesus DIED FOR OUR SINS!” ......If you actually Believed that you Would realize that there is no Sin that could ever damn you....

You refuse to Believe the Truth because you think that if people could Sin and “ Get Away With It”, all HELL would break loose! If you had “eyes to see” , you would understand that knowing that you can sin and NEVER be Damned because Jesus paid THE FULL PRICE for your Sins is the secret for NOT Sinning....Knowing that you are free to do what you Want and never be damned for it ( You WILL BE CHASTISED for Sinning though) changes your “ Wants” .......

Here’s the Truth that you will probably never understand....the Second that I discovered that I was free to do whatever I wanted to do and not go to Hell for it , was the Very Same Second That I discovered that my “ Wants” had been changed.....I can do what I Want....what do I want? I “ want” to live a Life pleasing to God....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is speaking about a race.
He tells the Christians to run to win. verse 24
All athletes are trained, just as a Christian is. verse 25
Athletes win a prize that will fade away,,,but we are running for a prize that is eternal. verse 25
We are RUNNING FOR THE PRIZE...it means we haven't achieved it yet.
Paul runs WITH PURPOSE in every step, as we should all be doing, running for God in our daily lives. verse 26
Paul disciplines himself so that, after teaching others, he HIMSELF will not be disqualified.

DISQUALIFIED FROM WHAT?

Preaching.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, your knowledge of scripture is too small. We're talking about denying Christ here, not being unfaithful in our duties to the Lord.

"if we deny Him, He will also deny us; if we are faithless, He remains faithful" 2 Timothy 2:11-12

The person who denies Christ will himself be denied by Christ. He does not deny the believing Christian when he is unfaithful in his walk.

“ Deniers” are Gospel Rejectors, because Gospel BELIEVERS are Saved....

Status
Not open for further replies.