What is God doing in your life right now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No I don't really like pearls but I bought myself a pair of dangly silver earrings with freshwater pearls in January to wear at my husband birthday dinner. My favourite is silver. I also like the sea glass jewellery but don't have any. I recently bought a tiny pink apple carved from rose quartz. It's not jewellery but it now sits on my shelf. What does your wife like?
They sound nice. I have bought my wife pearl-type drop pendant earrings, and she has worn them, though not much.

I do think ladies need to have earrings, even if they choose not to wear them much.

Staple gifts for ladies: flowers, chocolates and earrings. These seldom go wrong as gifts, right?

Reactions: Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Christian forum I've been part of has had many doctrinal discussions but they have always seemed to be missing out on people talking about God our Father in personal terms.

What is he doing in your life? How has he blessed you recently? How is he guiding you? How has he answered prayer?

We are all supposed to depend on our Heavenly Father as children do on their earthly fathers but we don't talk about our dependency and the way he has reached out and blessed us. There is too much argument and discussion and not enough blessing.

Wonderful thread Pat!
Ah, aside from the fact that all good things come from God, I depend on Him for EVERYTHING! Lol...from fixing things around my home asking Him to give me the wisdom and knowledge to figure out something, to knowing He knows our needs even before petitioning Him about them. Since I have an idea for a new ministry, actually a couple, and, it has been in my mind for some time now and...I am now in a position to do these things! I ask God to bless my plans and if it is His desire for me to do, He supplies the means, and He has ♥
There are other things going on in my life of course.
There has been a huge answer to a prayer I thought would amount to nothing! It was to keep a friend safe and not feeling abandoned and to urge others to step up to help her (she has early onset dementia, like her sister before her :( ) Well, I got a call last week from a mutual friend who is near where she is now staying, she is helping her!!!! And, she of all people, I did NOT expect to do this ♥ So, that took so much burden off my shoulders! God has gotten me out of my own messes as well. I was not always a good steward of His money and, after a year of praying to become a good steward, boy have things changed and I am also out of debt! Was able to buy a used vehicle for an insanely low price and, I got over the blue book value of my small pick up truck...only sat myself and one other person...what I had in mind to do would have to seat way more than only one person!
I live alone, I have a small cape cod home with a fenced in yard. The fence has been falling apart, as well as the deck, since moving in here. There is a pipe that spews out everyt6959999hing that goes down my sink in the basement, there is a leak in the bathroom upstairs...so on and so forth. God has sent me an awesome handyman to do some inside work, he charges very little for what he does! There is a site called Thumbtack where a plumber, painter, carpenter, handyman...will come, with photos of their work that was done in my neighbor hood, as well as my own street! So, we can look up their reviews THROUGH Thumbtack, that way, they cannot give themselves reviews. The first guy came, looked and said he would get back with an estimate...he never got back to me. One other did not even show up. So, since I was depending on God to send me the right person, I had no worries. Then
6762-, the third one comes, looked at everything and when he was finished assessing everything, I said that I would wait for him to send me a quote but, I rely of God to send me the right person for the job and of course thanked him and, I almost fell on the floor in shock as when he left, he shook my hand and introduced himself as a Minister of Jehovah's Witnesses!!! Well, all I can say is I am glad they do not proselytize while they work! I hired him. And he is wonderful ♥

Reactions: Helen and Dave L

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wonderful thread Pat!
Ah, aside from the fact that all good things come from God, I depend on Him for EVERYTHING! Lol...from fixing things around my home asking Him to give me the wisdom and knowledge to figure out something, to knowing He knows our needs even before petitioning Him about them. Since I have an idea for a new ministry, actually a couple, and, it has been in my mind for some time now and...I am now in a position to do these things! I ask God to bless my plans and if it is His desire for me to do, He supplies the means, and He has ♥
There are other things going on in my life of course.
There has been a huge answer to a prayer I thought would amount to nothing! It was to keep a friend safe and not feeling abandoned and to urge others to step up to help her (she has early onset dementia, like her sister before her :( ) Well, I got a call last week from a mutual friend who is near where she is now staying, she is helping her!!!! And, she of all people, I did NOT expect to do this ♥ So, that took so much burden off my shoulders! God has gotten me out of my own messes as well. I was not always a good steward of His money and, after a year of praying to become a good steward, boy have things changed and I am also out of debt! Was able to buy a used vehicle for an insanely low price and, I got over the blue book value of my small pick up truck...only sat myself and one other person...what I had in mind to do would have to seat way more than only one person!
I live alone, I have a small cape cod home with a fenced in yard. The fence has been falling apart, as well as the deck, since moving in here. There is a pipe that spews out everyt6959999hing that goes down my sink in the basement, there is a leak in the bathroom upstairs...so on and so forth. God has sent me an awesome handyman to do some inside work, he charges very little for what he does! There is a site called Thumbtack where a plumber, painter, carpenter, handyman...will come, with photos of their work that was done in my neighbor hood, as well as my own street! So, we can look up their reviews THROUGH Thumbtack, that way, they cannot give themselves reviews. The first guy came, looked and said he would get back with an estimate...he never got back to me. One other did not even show up. So, since I was depending on God to send me the right person, I had no worries. Then
6762-, the third one comes, looked at everything and when he was finished assessing everything, I said that I would wait for him to send me a quote but, I rely of God to send me the right person for the job and of course thanked him and, I almost fell on the floor in shock as when he left, he shook my hand and introduced himself as a Minister of Jehovah's Witnesses!!! Well, all I can say is I am glad they do not proselytize while they work! I hired him. And he is wonderful ♥
Nancy, your testimony is so much like my own as I rely on God. A very lovely older lady told me when I was a new Christian that nothing is too small for God because he cares about every part of our lives - just as we care about our children's lives. The bible tells us to cast all our anxieties on him because he cares for us and so I take him at his word and do just that.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, your testimony is so much like my own as I rely on God. A very lovely older lady told me when I was a new Christian that nothing is too small for God because he cares about every part of our lives - just as we care about our children's lives. The bible tells us to cast all our anxieties on him because he cares for us and so I take him at his word and do just that.

" The bible tells us to cast all our anxieties on him because he cares for us and so I take him at his word and do just that."

This is one of my frequent go-to verses. And, the lady who said nothing was too small for God because He cares for even the little things! That is so true, I mean, He even cares about the number of hairs we have on our head ♥

Reactions: Helen and Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Great thoughts there.

"Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you" (1 Peter 5.7)

(The older lady you mention wasn't one of the ones who gave you as a young Christian a hard time about ear piercings, then? :) )

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great thoughts there.

"Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you" (1 Peter 5.7)

(The older lady you mention wasn't one of the ones who gave you as a young Christian a hard time about ear piercings, then? :) )
a
No farouk, she was the vicars wife and was the nicest person I have ever met. Nobody actually said anything about my earrings, which back then were clip-ons.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been rereading some good books like “The Story of a Soul” - Therese of Lisieux, “The Screwtape Letters” - C.S. Lewis, and “The Practice and Presence of God” - Brother Lawrence

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been rereading some good books like “The Story of a Soul” - Therese of Lisieux, “The Screwtape Letters” - C.S. Lewis, and “The Practice and Presence of God” - Brother Lawrence

I just last year re-read C.S.'s Screwtape Letters and Mere Christianity...I LOVE Screwtape Letters. It really opened my eyes to see how Satan works within our realm. I will have to check out these others :)

Reactions: Helen and aspen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Brother Lawrence has some very good quotes...

Reactions: Helen and aspen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just last year re-read C.S.'s Screwtape Letters and Mere Christianity...I LOVE Screwtape Letters. It really opened my eyes to see how Satan works within our realm. I will have to check out these others :)
I've read the Brother Lawrence book and have a copy of The Screwtape Letters but I don't think I ever finished it.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read the Brother Lawrence book and have a copy of The Screwtape Letters but I don't think I ever finished it.

I found at first, I was getting confused about "the evil one" actually meaning God, in Satan's and Wormwood's narrative. It is different but, it did open my eyes to how the TRUE Evil one infiltrates our lives.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I found at first, I was getting confused about "the evil one" actually meaning God, in Satan's and Wormwood's narrative. It is different but, it did open my eyes to how the TRUE Evil one infiltrates our lives.
I must search it out and give it another try.

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bonnie_blue_wagon[1].jpg
God's freeing the peoples of the world in self-governance true-light Presbyterianism, and Confederacy is its government!

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Metaphorically, God is moving the Wagon Cotton around the Confederates of the Scots' Bonnie Blue Flag for Koreans. Nobody knows what their flag means over there, anyway.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
C.S. Lewis is a scholar who lived at the height of Modernism so his writing can be a bit lofty and archaic- but if you stick with it his writing becomes easier

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must search it out and give it another try.

I got mine online, downloaded, for like, a couple bucks. I wonder if I could send it to you somehow? It is on my other laptop which I cannot get into just now but, am planning on bringing it to a friend who say's he can get me in it in a snap, wont charge me a penny either! ♥

Reactions: Pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, ok, but that's how your post came across to me.
I think God's blessings are not of the nature of a sugar daddy. The blessings I count are those of peace and the unwillingness to sin. These blessings come at a price which amount to a constant vigilance/resistance and an ongoing conscious communication of help and gratitude. A small price to pay when I consider the lack of rest and the constant search for self gratification that results in finding pleasure in sin.

All the addictions which humanity marinates in are no more than attempts to feel better than they feel. The spiral is self perpetuating downwards and has a flavour for every taste even the religious, nay, particularly the religious. To know and to live outside of this spiral sets me at odds with this system, for that's what it is, a system. I can say, 'though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, thy rod and thy staff comfort me'

Reactions: bbyrd009

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
upload_2019-4-26_20-28-10.jpeg God's Blessings are in being a Cuckold, you get angry and Crusade for Jerusalem! hahaha! Let us hope you find Chivalry instead of Dread, that's like, the Nice Pious!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I got mine online, downloaded, for like, a couple bucks. I wonder if I could send it to you somehow? It is on my other laptop which I cannot get into just now but, am planning on bringing it to a friend who say's he can get me in it in a snap, wont charge me a penny either! ♥
I found my copy last night but it's so old - 1965 - that all the pages are brown and the writing small. :(