What is "OSAS"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the RCC rhetoric. However, in truth the RCC officially began in 590C.E.

I think it unfair to early Christians,followers of the way of Immanuel,to imply there was no "church" before the RCC.

There was. And it was not the RCC that initiated the ecclestical practice in year 1.

Early followers of Christ met in homes,in the outdoors when possible given the faith was outlawed for centuries due to Roman law and its prosecution.
It would therefore be impossible for the RCC to have existed in 34A.D due to its namesake, Roman, law forbidding such a thing.

Furthermore, God forbids idolatry, necromancy,etc...All that the RCC upholds.
Hmmmmm.....So who participated in the Church Councils prior to 590 C.E.?

Curious Mary

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Gabriel,

Help me out with your theory.

You say that "If it is in his plan RC's will come to the truth. He wants none to perish." Does that statement mean that only the Protestant (anyone not Catholic) denominations/persons have the truth?

Thank you for your time.....Mary
NOPE . the protestant realm has in large tanked massive too . ITS TIME the peoples flee the mormon
jw , and scores of other places too , INCLUDING BIG time the RCC . TIME to learn those bibles .
YOU do realize that the priests and the HIGH Priest of the jews , WHILE THOUGH they held torah
which the original men had heard and then copied , THAT GOD WASNT PLEASED with them .
SO keep that in mind when the RCC hollers , HEY we got the orginal copy .
cause for centuries GOD has not been pleased with that harlot either . THOUGH both camps
claimed to hold the scriptures . NETIHER ONE served GOD . THEY Decieved the people . SO
the line that the Scrips came from the RCC, YEAH , so what . CAUSE THEY TWISTED IT ANWAY .
BUT yeah the scrips are true pure and holy . SO GET BACK IN THAT BIBLE FOR YOU . HURRY .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ABSOLUTELY- biut not a dead faith (James 2:24) like the one YOU'RE preaching.

If your "Faith" doesn't include surrender and obedience - then it is as dead as your ancestors . . .
Absolutely then you add works to it?

Read again, You are saved by GRACE through faith. (your not saved by faith)

as for a dead faith

A dead faith is NO FAITH at all.

Your not saved by grace and no faith. God will not force you to be saved, he wants you to receive it

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOPE . the protestant realm has in large tanked massive too . ITS TIME the peoples flee the mormon
jw , and scores of other places too , INCLUDING BIG time the RCC . TIME to learn those bibles .
YOU do realize that the priests and the HIGH Priest of the jews , WHILE THOUGH they held torah
which the original men had heard and then copied , THAT GOD WASNT PLEASED with them .
SO keep that in mind when the RCC hollers , HEY we got the orginal copy .
cause for centuries GOD has not been pleased with that harlot either . THOUGH both camps
claimed to hold the scriptures . NETIHER ONE served GOD . THEY Decieved the people . SO
the line that the Scrips came from the RCC, YEAH , so what . CAUSE THEY TWISTED IT ANWAY .
BUT yeah the scrips are true pure and holy . SO GET BACK IN THAT BIBLE FOR YOU . HURRY .
TIME to learn those bibles. GET BACK IN THAT BIBLE FOR YOU. HURRY.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello EG,

The first thing I would like to address is your pot calling the kettle black statement which is in the 3rd line from the bottom on your post. In that line you accuse me of listening to my men. It is true, I do. But at least I admit I do so you are not really getting in a zinger on me.

I know for a fact that you did not come up with on your own interpretation of the Bread of Life discourse from the book of John. Which means EG that you got it from another man which means you are following YOUR man no matter what. But you won't admit that, will you;)

Now I will ONCE AGAIN address what seems to be your main point OR how YOU eat and drink Him: (He says to gnaw and chew on those words. So you make sure you understand them, and recieve [sic] them)

Trogo is a graphic term meaning “to chew on” or to “gnaw on”—as when an animal is ripping apart its prey. Trogo is the Greek word used in John 6. So Jesus LITERALLY meant eat his flesh. Jesus equates his body to real bread (manna) and then tells his listeners they must eat him like they did the bread. The men Jesus was talking to understood this. They were thinking cannibalism. That is why they walked away. Jesus being the great teacher that he was, then SHOWED us at the Last Supper (about 33AD) how to eat His flesh. He told us and then he showed us. He is a great teacher for those that have eyes and ears to learn. So the lie your men have taught you, that we are to gnaw and chew on his words to you make sure we understand them and receive them is not linguistically true or biblically true.

About 30 years later (54AD) the Apostle Paul asked a rhetorical question to the members of the church in Corinth: The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. You and @Taken don't believe Paul. Us Christians do.

Now I could go on and give you writings from your own Christian history that shows how a student of the Apostle John, Ignatius of Antioch, interpreted the words you just wrote much different than how you are interpreting them. Paul and Ignatius taught what The Church still teaches today. You and your ilk don't.

Notice how I used linguistics, the words of the Apostle Paul and your own Christian history to destroy what your men have taught you? In your mind you proved your own point by repeating the words of other men. Congratulations.:woohoo!:

None the less......thank you for your time EG.
Actually all I did was read the passage and interpret it for what it says.

I did not add to it

I did not change the meaning of it

I did not listen to men to get my view. (I have listened to many views, including yours) And I did what God told me to do. to test each spirit

Paul? Why do you keep bringing Paul into it?

Did Paul say whoever ate the communion bread and wine would live forever. never die, never hunger or thirst. Have eternal life. and be raised on the last day. Oh and I forgot one, would never be lost.

Jesus said this in John 6..

so either Paul got it wrong when he said "do it often in remembrance of me"

Or he is talking about something else.. Like the last supper, Not john 6?

You go on listening to men, I will read the word. and if I see someone twist it or take it out of context. I will understand not to use their interpretation.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul? Why do you keep bringing Paul into it?
Ummmm.....Because Paul talks about eating and drinking Him!! Which refers back to what Christ said 30 years before in the Bread of Life discourse!! And what He said at the Last Supper; took bread, ... Take, eat; this is my body. took the cup, Drink ye all of it For this is my blood

Do you NOT think that is what Paul was referring to? :watching and waiting:

How do you answer Paul's questions EG: The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

Glad to be off your ignore list...Mary

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
would you like to confess and admit you were wrong? Or do you now consider Christ's church not the Catholic church?
a friendly reminder to all . never suffer a harlot to seduce the peoples .
And never once sit under her . For she is full of disease and whoever partakes of her love is gonna get a deadly infection .
Okay . we may return to the thread at hand. Hey , if i didnt love the people i would not warn the people .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm.....Because Paul talks about eating and drinking Him!! Which refers back to what Christ said 30 years before in the Bread of Life discourse!! And what He said at the Last Supper; took bread, ... Take, eat; this is my body. took the cup, Drink ye all of it For this is my blood

Do you NOT think that is what Paul was referring to? :watching and waiting:

How do you answer Paul's questions EG: The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

Glad to be off your ignore list...Mary
Sorry

Where did paul say that those who took communion would recieve what Jesus promised everyone they would recieve?

John 6: 35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst

37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.

all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.

54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”

Can you answer or not? where did paul say ANYONE who ate the communion would receive these promises?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually all I did was read the passage and interpret it for what it says.

I did not add to it

I did not change the meaning of it

I did not listen to men to get my view. (I have listened to many views, including yours) And I did what God told me to do. to test each spirit

You go on listening to men, I will read the word. and if I see someone twist it or take it out of context. I will understand not to use their interpretation.
Hmmmmm......a student of the Apostle John (who wrote the words you are quoting), Ignatius of Antioch, is wrong in his interpretation and you believe Ignatius twisted it since he disagrees with you??? INTERESTING.....

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmmm......a student of the Apostle John (who wrote the words you are quoting), Ignatius of Antioch, is wrong in his interpretation and you believe Ignatius twisted it since he disagrees with you??? INTERESTING.....
well you could prove me wrong. by showing me what Jesus meant in John 6 in each verse I quoted.

Or, you can prove that listening to men are more important to you. than studying to show yourself approved rightly dividing the word of God is.

Ignatius has been dead how long? I could care less what he said, I care what Jesus said and What paul said. Their words are inspired. Ignatius words are just his words..

I would think you would be the same way, but maybe not?

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well you could prove me wrong. by showing me what Jesus meant in John 6 in each verse I quoted.

Or, you can prove that listening to men are more important to you. than studying to show yourself approved rightly dividing the word of God is.

Ignatius has been dead how long? I could care less what he said, I care what Jesus said and What paul said. Their words are inspired. Ignatius words are just his words..

stick in the bible . yep .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PS , they even twist what this IGNATIUS said . about bishops and deacons . OH HE DID say it
but believe me HE WERENT TALKING bout false bishops and false deacons . LIKE the RCC .
Just stick in the bible .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry

Where did paul say that those who took communion would recieve what Jesus promised everyone they would recieve?

John 6: 35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst

37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.

all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.

54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”

Can you answer or not? where did paul say ANYONE who ate the communion would receive these promises?
Ummm.....Paul never said that anyone who ate communion would receive those promises. So what's your point?

I think (this is my guess, not putting words in your mouth) you are saying that when Paul talks in Corinthians about bread/wine being His body/blood he isn't referring to the same body/blood Jesus is talking about in the Bread of Life Discourse in John 6?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm.......I thought I did that!!! But I must be mistaken so here we go....

There is no need to break down each verse you quoted. The summary of the Bread of Life discourse is that Jesus was telling his disciples that they must eat Him and drink His blood if they want to have eternal life (raise up on the last day, have eternal life). In Vs 48-49 he equated himself to real bread (manna) and that we must eat this bread (literally gnaw, chew) to have eternal life. In vs 62 Jesus is conveying that the eternal-life-giving nature of the bread/wine is possible because he is God. In John 6:63, Jesus reaffirms this point: “It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life”. Jesus implicitly reaffirms his teaching on eating him, conveying that his human nature on its own could not provide eternal life, but united with his divine person, it can.

Shortly after Jesus TOLD us that we must eat/drink him he SHOWED us how to do it at the Last Supper. He told us what to do and then he showed us how to do it. Paul makes it clear 30 years after His death they were still doing what He told them to do.

As I stated earlier, 30 years later Paul re-affirmed that message.

About 50 years after that a student of the Apostle John (who's words you are quoting) re-affirmed that message.

That means for the first 80 years of recorded Christian history Christians practiced what Jeus taught in John 6 and re-affirmed at the Last Supper. You reject those first 80 years. Me and my Church gladly embrace them.

To suggest that He meant we are to mentally chew, gnaw on His words is.......not true.

Mary

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummm.....Paul never said that anyone who ate communion would receive those promises. So what's your point?
My point is, Jesus did say everyone would receive those promises.

So is paul talking about somethign else (last supper) or did he contradict Jesus?
I think (this is my guess, not putting words in your mouth) you are saying that when Paul talks in Corinthians about bread/wine being His body/blood he isn't referring to the same body/blood Jesus is talking about in the Bread of Life Discourse in John 6?

Mary
What did Jesus say WAS the bread of life. or his body in John 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.