What is "Parousia"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS ALONE is the only way to GOD . YE MUST BELIEVE .
For on any other mindset religoin and path
They see only a day of fierce anger and wrath .
IT wont end well for those who rejected Christ . and it will be even worse for those
who used HIS NAME and yet taught YE DONT HAVE TO BELIEVE . That in fact everyones religion and path was fine .
THose will get the worse damanation than all . THOSE who USED HIS NAME
to DECIEVE the churches and the world . I tell us all their damanation will be the worst , the greater damanation awaits those
who from within Christnedom used his name TO SELL A LIE to the peoples .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks need to read slowly the first chapter of second thessalonians .
ITS REAL clear we are appointed unto tribulation
but on the day of the LORD we shall have rest
as HE dishes out TRIBULATION and WRATH AGAINST THOSE who persecuted us .
ITS A ONE TIME , ONE DAY EVENT . WE are going to be persecuted and endure tribulation
till the day of CHRIST when we go home as HE delivers the wrath against the ungodly .
ITS SO CLEAR . IF folks would stop heeding men and just read it for themselves .
It starts in 1 Thess chapter 3 and then carries forward into 2 Thess ch1 as you mentioned.

So when we could bear it no longer, we were willing to be left on our own in Athens. We sent Timothy, our brother and fellow worker for God in the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith, so that none of you would be shaken by these trials. For you know that we are destined for this. Indeed, when we were with you, we kept warning you that we would suffer persecution; and as you know, it has come to pass. For this reason, when I could bear it no longer, I sent to find out about your faith, for fear that the tempter had somehow tempted you and caused our labor to be in vain.

pre-trib rapture NEVER came out of the Mouth of God

Therefore we know where it came from.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It starts in 1 Thess chapter 3 and then carries forward into 2 Thess ch1 as you mentioned.

So when we could bear it no longer, we were willing to be left on our own in Athens. We sent Timothy, our brother and fellow worker for God in the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith, so that none of you would be shaken by these trials. For you know that we are destined for this. Indeed, when we were with you, we kept warning you that we would suffer persecution; and as you know, it has come to pass. For this reason, when I could bear it no longer, I sent to find out about your faith, for fear that the tempter had somehow tempted you and caused our labor to be in vain.

pre-trib rapture NEVER came out of the Mouth of God

Therefore we know where it came from.
And he was given power against the saints . You ever notice how the beast and its wrath comes against
the church . Yet GOD , his wrath always mentions against those who worshipped it .
Folks act like the beast cometh against the AINTS and that the saints wont be here .
Well i tell us all the mystery of inquity has long been at work . and it will only increase to climax
in these final hours , days upon this earth . But fear not man , .
Rememeber it is the righteous judgment of GOD that we be counted worthy to SUFFER for the Kingdom .
I think folks forget that .
SO lets remind them . AND THEY REJOICED that they had been COUNTED WORTHY TO SUFFER SHAME FOR HIS NAME .
OH YES . It will only continue to get worse against the lambs in this world . But on the day of the LORD
no more tears , no more pain , no more sun lighting , aka TRIBULATIONS , just peace forever with the LORD .
TILL THEN our peace cometh not of this world , ONLY IN CHRIST do we have peace , as in peace of MIND
no matter what cometh against us . CAUSE OUR HOPE aint in this world , ITS IN THE LORD and HIS PROMISES .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS ALONE is the only way to GOD . YE MUST BELIEVE .
For on any other mindset religoin and path
They see only a day of fierce anger and wrath .
IT wont end well for those who rejected Christ . and it will be even worse for those
who used HIS NAME and yet taught YE DONT HAVE TO BELIEVE . That in fact everyones religion and path was fine .
THose will get the worse damanation than all . THOSE who USED HIS NAME
to DECIEVE the churches and the world . I tell us all their damanation will be the worst , the greater damanation awaits those
who from within Christnedom used his name TO SELL A LIE to the peoples .

Do you think the story of Job is just some arbitrary Book in the Bible???

Job is a End Time Prophet.

The word of the Lord came again to me, saying: “Son of man, when a land sins against Me by persistent unfaithfulness,
I will stretch out My hand against it; I will cut off its supply of bread, send famine on it, and cut off man and beast from it.
Even if these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness,”
says the Lord God

It is not by mere chance that God spoke of these 3 Prophets to Ezekiel...........

But pay careful attention and let me know if you SEE here

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS didnt say IN THIS WORLD YE SHALL ESCAPE TRIBULATION . RATHER YOU WILLL HAVE IT .
And we had better begin to embrace the truth of our LORD .
Cause fear can lead a man right into the SNARE OF MEN . fear not man .
Just be prepared to lose all for CHRIST . And count is as only gain .
JESUS didnt teach BLESSED are those who are not mocked , who are not persecuted ,
HE SAID BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO ARE FOR HIS NAME SAKE . WE need to cling to CHRIST .
IN HIM we shall have peace which passes all understanding . No matter what trial we face ,
no matter what persecutions come against us , THE LAMBS SHALL ABOUND IN CHRIST . OUR HOPE IN HE abounds
our faith in HIM abounds . But if we sit and heed men who try and make it seem
as we will not have to face tribulation . BEWARE that mindset . THEY prepare not the flocks
and when the wolves do come that FLOCK shall be scattered and flee and sell out .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think the story of Job is just some arbitrary Book in the Bible???

Job is a End Time Prophet.

The word of the Lord came again to me, saying: “Son of man, when a land sins against Me by persistent unfaithfulness,
I will stretch out My hand against it; I will cut off its supply of bread, send famine on it, and cut off man and beast from it.
Even if these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness,”
says the Lord God

It is not by mere chance that God spoke of these 3 Prophets to Ezekiel...........

But pay careful attention and let me know if you SEE here
Exactly . THERE IS NO BOOK that is just some arbirtary book IN THE BIBLE . ITS TRUTH and it HAPPENED . ITS REAL .
WE got folks trying to teach that about the book of daniel too .
THEY try and teach it was later added in and it was not orginally in there . CAUSE ITS SO PIN POINT ACCURATE .
AND YET in EZZEKIAL , it MENTIONS DANIEL BY NAME TOO . WE , as in the lambs , AINT BUYING what these folks are selling .
For lambs EAT ONLY of the pastures of the pure and holy green grass of the WORDS of the LORD .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly . THERE IS NO BOOK that is just some arbirtary book IN THE BIBLE . ITS TRUTH and it HAPPENED . ITS REAL .
WE got folks trying to teach that about the book of daniel too .
THEY try and teach it was later added in and it was not orginally in there . CAUSE ITS SO PIN POINT ACCURATE .
AND YET JEREMIAH MENTIONS DANIEL BY NAME TOO . WE , as in the lambs , AINT BUYING what these folks are selling .
For lambs EAT ONLY of the pastures of the pure and holy green grass of the WORDS of the LORD .
God has given to us His WORD and the HOLY SPIRIT of Truth - no man-made teachings needed.

1 John 2:20-21
You, however, have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.
I have not written to you because you lack knowledge of the truth, but because you have it, and because no lie comes from the truth.

This is why JESUS spoke the parable of the Ten Virgins

If we disparage what God has made available to us then we will end up with no oil in our lamps.

This is why we so love His word and His Holy Spirit and have no need that man teach us.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has given to us His WORD and the HOLY SPIRIT of Truth - no man-made teachings needed.

You, however, have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.
I have not written to you because you lack knowledge of the truth, but because you have it, and because no lie comes from the truth.

If we disparage what God has made available to us then we will end up with no oil in our lamps.

This is why we so love His word and His Holy Spirit and have no need that man teach us.
I have seen so many pastors actually mess that parable up .
I think folks forget the simple message . NOTICE , FIVE were WISE , Five were FOOLISH .
the FOOLISH NEVER GOT A SECOND CHANCE . ONCE THE BRIDEGROOM CAME , IT WAS TOO LATE .
Lord are there many that be saved .
STRIVE TO ENTER IN at the STRAIT GATE , FOR many will be unable when ONCE the MASTER OF THE HOUSE
has risen up and CLOSED the DOOR , then shall many wail and beat upon the door and cry and beg and plead ,
BUT TIS TOO LATE . THE MESSAGE IS REAL CLEAR .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen so many pastors actually mess that parable up .
I think folks forget the simple message . NOTICE , FIVE were WISE , Five were FOOLISH .
the FOOLISH NEVER GOT A SECOND CHANCE . ONCE THE BRIDEGROOM CAME , IT WAS TOO LATE .
Lord are there many that be saved .
STRIVE TO ENTER IN at the STRAIT GATE , FOR many will be unable when ONCE the MASTER OF THE HOUSE
has risen up and CLOSED the DOOR , then shall many wail and beat upon the door and cry and beg and plead ,
BUT TIS TOO LATE . THE MESSAGE IS REAL CLEAR .
Correct - Once the Master of the House has risen up = Revelation ch19

The Open Door is JESUS and His Gospel and when it has finished it's course the FATHER will say to the SON = GO NOW

JESUS shuts the Door at His Coming = Too late for those who rejected the Gospel

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The sheep have the OIL . its the many who follow men who have not the oil .
They have only the interpretations of ever wise sounding men , who are always learning
yet never able to come to the TRUTH .
THE PROBLEM IS , many are not truly HIS . HIS SHEEP have the OIL , they have the SPIRIT
and a stranger , no matter how well he can speak greek or speak hermuentics , LAMBS can see
they are simply TWISTING THE WORD unto their own destruction . But many cannot .
THEY love to have their ears tickled and thus they go with the flow of ever wise sounding men
who though they can speak like oraters they by fair words DECIEVE the people .
THE SHEEP TRULY DO HEAR HIS VOICE DAVID . Those are not just nice sounding words . ITS VERY TRUE INDEED .
But then we know it is true . FOR ER WORD OF CHRIST IS TRUTH and HIS SHEEP KNOW THIS and LOVE and EMBRACE IT .
I am so sorrowful for those whose desire is to be decieved by ever wise sounding men . But as i said ,
LAMBS dont heed no such men , no such voices . ONLY THE VOICE OF THE SHEPARD will they HEAR and FOLLOW .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was the warning of the great and coming dreadful day of the LORD, which the Jewish people shared among others who had taught in the temple, and synagogues.

The wrath of God would come upon Jerusalem, what would the reason be for this to be? Because of the idolatry, and because of the people whom turned their back on God, they did so by giving over the Son of God to be put on the cross.

Because of this, the wrath of God or the great and dreadful day of the Lord draw nearer, in which justice and judgment would be had on the nation, and God would divorce them and now allow all people to be able to enter into being able to have access to God. Because Jesus as going to also return in this time and marry the bride which was the first born church Christian’s in that day who were warned of the coming destruction, and the return of the Lord and the pestilence, and famines, and death accumulated within Jerusalem as it was besieged and they had lost everything; the temple was even burned down, to the ground as promised by Jesus.

Therefore because of the wrath of God being poured out now today; Gods wrath has been done and taken care of, as his anger has been to said not to last forever.

Praise be to God!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mathew , you have sat under men who have twisted things to suit an agenda .
But remember , JESUS never said unless you become as wise and scholary men
but rather lest ye become as children you shall in no wise enter into the Kingdom .
And a small child who loveth the LORD will simply hear , believe and DO that which is truth .
You have sat under wrong teachings my friend .
Lest ye be converted as children ye shall not enter into the KINGDOM .
But today its become lest ye sit under wise sounding scholars and become as them
Ye shall not enter into the KINGDOM . YET these ever so wise sounding scholars are teaching DISOBEDIANCE
unto the peoples . THEY sound WISE , but so did satan .
A CHILD JUST BELIEVES . HE JUST BELIEVES . IF HIS LORD SAID IT , HE BELIEVES IT . its just that simple .
But go ye and learn what that means . My desire is good for all .
And thus let us learn Christ for ourselves and not through men with agendas .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
children of GOD simply BELIEVE . THEY BELIEVE . even if they do not understand they BELIEVE .
And in time God gives them understanding which strengthens their faith only more .
BELIEVE . IF we say WE BELIEVE IN GOD , IN HIS CHRIST , then how come we dont BELIEVE IN HIS TEACHINGS , IN HIS EVERY WORD
HIS EVERY WARNING , HIS EVERY PROMISE .
BELIEVE . That is the beauty of it .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amigo, Mine too friend, I desire good for all as well and for God to protect those who may be out there from harm not just me but others amigo, and to help those in the darkness, and to help by the spirit.

Just sharing information about what the Bible does indicate for anyone who would like to view it, as it is good to consider properly the written word and divide the word of truth rightly, and that to me is also important. Others may find it as annoying.

But the subject of the wrath of God always pertains to the nation of Israel in my opinion which was promised to come upon them known as the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amigo, Mine too friend, I desire good for all as well and for God to protect those who may be out there to harm not just me but others amigo, and to help those in the darkness, and to help by the spirit.

Just sharing information about what the Bible does indicate for anyone who would like to view it, as it is good to consider properly the written word and divide the word of truth rightly, and that to me is also important.
But that is not rightly dividing it . Rightly dividing would never contradict Parts of the TRUTH .
You probably believe in what is called preterism or partial preterism .
JESUS never warned of TWO COMING mathew . ONE for the jews and then years later one for the later generation .
IT was always ONE COMING . and the early church taught that . GO read their writings .
YES JERUSALEM GOT sacked and YES that was foretold to come to pass .
But that dont mean Mathew twenty four or etc aint talking about THE COMING DAY OF CHRIST .
Which as i said , A ONE TIME EVENT .
LEst ye think at that time some of the church was called up in the clouds to meet him .
THE COMING OF JESUS will entail , that on HIS DAY , for those of us who are STILL alive
we gonna get INSTANTLY CHANGED and BE WITH HIM . THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED AS OF YET .
Men taught preterism . And just like anything else , there are always bits of truth blended in to help make it seem RIGHT .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amigo, Mine too friend, I desire good for all as well and for God to protect those who may be out there from harm not just me but others amigo, and to help those in the darkness, and to help by the spirit.

Just sharing information about what the Bible does indicate for anyone who would like to view it, as it is good to consider properly the written word and divide the word of truth rightly, and that to me is also important. Others may find it as annoying.

But the subject of the wrath of God always pertains to the nation of Israel in my opinion which was promised to come upon them known as the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
This is not true what you are saying concerning the wrath of God.

God destroyed every breathing man, woman, child and animal on earth whereby only Noah and His family were saved.

Mankind has come full circle back to the abominations being committed in Noahs' day.

Revelation 14:9-11
"And a third angel followed them, calling out in a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives its mark on his forehead or on his hand, he too will drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented in fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises forever and ever. Day and night there is no rest for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

Last edited:
  • Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

you say your desire is good for all . SO why let folks believe the inclusive lie .
I mean if we loved the people , IF WE LOVE CHRIST ABOVE ALL , we would POINT TO HE ALONE
that one has TO BELIEVE IN HIM . we would not try and omit the lake of fire or damnation .
We would simply teach , ALL WHO DO BELIEVE wont have to face such a thing .
But some of you all are giving the peoples a false hope .
But even JESUS said to those who did not beleive on HIM , IT WILL BE BETTER for even SODOM on the DAY OF JUDGMENT
than for you . SO my advice is , while folks might not KNOW IT ALL ,
LET US TEACH THE TRUTH .
That GOD did so love the world that HE DID send HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON
that all who do BELIEVE would be saved
but all who believe not will be damned . KEEP IT SIMPLE . DONT try and
teach things you have no idea about . Concerning damnation and the lake of fire , ITS A PLACE NONE WANT TO GO .
BE content with that . AND PREACH JESUS as the only means to have eternal life .
Even paul told the jews who did not believe , SINCE YOU count yourselves UNWORTHY OF EVERLASTING LIFE.
SO dont act like those who denied CHRIST are gonna get everlasting life . THEY WONT . THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDES ON THEM .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is not rightly dividing it . Rightly dividing would never contradict Parts of the TRUTH .

Sure it is. Looking at Old Testament scripture and comparing it to the new and considering what all has been written is important to rightly dividing the word of truth, asking God to help you by the spirit. If you suggest otherwise one may not really be considering the Bible as a whole.
You probably believe in what is called preterism or partial preterism .
I do not know everything they believe; but members on the board do not like the idea or notion of preterism because it qualifies that Jesus did return as promise, though there is no written proof, but people will take what a person says on a pulpit and never go read and discover what the Bible actually would suggest is a reality, with shadows and types of the coming messiah promised to come from the nation of Israel. Overall I do believe all of revelation 1-20 has been completed and 21-22 are pictures and types of the afterlife.
JESUS never warned of TWO COMING mathew . ONE for the jews and then years later one for the later generation .
John the Baptist warned the people who came and saw him saying “who told you to flee the wrath to come”? Malachi I believe writes about the great and dreadful day of the Lord that would come, and Jesus warned the Pharisees of their own destruction, just take a look at the parable of the evil vineyard workers who killed the prophets and the Son who was sent by the landowner.

You won’t be able to tell me that is not true because all of that is in the scripture. Jesus also warned of his second coming even to the prime at the council while he was question stating “you will see the son of man coming in the clouds, sitting at the right hand of God”, so there are biblical indications of historical significance that would suggest that this promise to come back had to be with in a generation of people.

I never said anything about two comings.
IT was always ONE COMING . and the early church taught that . GO read their writings .
YES JERUSALEM GOT sacked and YES that was foretold to come to pass .
Okay.
But that dont mean Mathew twenty four or etc aint talking about THE COMING DAY OF CHRIST .

But that would be in their day and age. But futurist people make it out for today, and some people can get high off the thought of the experience if the world came to and end and people just started killing Christian’s now today and have a one worldview and if you don’t submit you don’t get any food.

All those things happened in real life to those people in that day in age, and Jerusalem was eventually laid desolated.
Which as i said , A ONE TIME EVENT .
LEst ye think at that time some of the church was called up in the clouds to meet him .
Yeah the audience suggest that the people who are written to are found around the first chapter in the first 5 verses. The Thessalian people were watching and waiting. They were watching and in faith hoping to be taken away from the desolation that had befell the people and those who were of faith were taken out of those tribulations.
THE COMING OF JESUS will entail , that on HIS DAY , for those of us who are STILL alive
we gonna get INSTANTLY CHANGED and BE WITH HIM . THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED AS OF YET .
Yes it does happen. When you die. I believe that by faith anyway:
Men taught preterism . And just like anything else , there are always bits of truth blended in to help make it seem RIGHT .
That is just your opinion, of what you suggest may not fit in what you theological believe about God or your view of end times.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not true what you are saying concerning the wrath of God.

God destroyed every breathing man, woman, child and animal on earth whereby only Noah and His family were saved.

Mankind has come full circle back to the abominations being committed in Noahs' day.
Mankind has remained the same since the ark had landed. Noah was still a sinner, and evil continued onward.

Jesus was the one who had reconciled mankind back to the Father, by the Father working in and through him.

2 Corinthians 5:18

And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him.

Revelation 14:9-11
"And a third angel followed them, calling out in a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives its mark on his forehead or on his hand, he too will drink the wine of God’s anger, poured undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented in fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises forever and ever. Day and night there is no rest for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”
It was hell to reject God and worship something other than him. No rest was given. Paranoia and dark thoughts inside the souls of those who rejected and decide to worship the beast. This reminds me also a bit of chapter 13 in which talks about Nero, Rome and Jerusalem. It’s been a little while since I really studied I like talking about it.

Jerusalem would be subdued by Rome shortly after Nero had died, and then the temple would be taken down by fire becoming rubble and the cities burned down, with 1,000,000 Jewish people dead, in 70Ad, and I believe it was a festival of the feasting and remember Christ day.

But you may not believe any of that information is viable to even suggest or consider.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you say your desire is good for all . SO why let folks believe the inclusive lie .
I mean if we loved the people , IF WE LOVE CHRIST ABOVE ALL , we would POINT TO HE ALONE
that one has TO BELIEVE IN HIM . we would not try and omit the lake of fire or damnation .
We would simply teach , ALL WHO DO BELIEVE wont have to face such a thing .
But some of you all are giving the peoples a false hope .
But even JESUS said to those who did not beleive on HIM , IT WILL BE BETTER for even SODOM on the DAY OF JUDGMENT
than for you . SO my advice is , while folks might not KNOW IT ALL ,
LET US TEACH THE TRUTH .
That GOD did so love the world that HE DID send HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON
that all who do BELIEVE would be saved
but all who believe not will be damned . KEEP IT SIMPLE . DONT try and
teach things you have no idea about . Concerning damnation and the lake of fire , ITS A PLACE NONE WANT TO GO .
BE content with that . AND PREACH JESUS as the only means to have eternal life .
Even paul told the jews who did not believe , SINCE YOU count yourselves UNWORTHY OF EVERLASTING LIFE.
SO dont act like those who denied CHRIST are gonna get everlasting life . THEY WONT . THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDES ON THEM .
Can you answer me this question Amigo.

Who said it was ever wrong to believe what Jesus said to a people at that time, about coming back, and believing he came back; along with his victory?