What is "Parousia"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you brought up the word pope i gotta warn . Let no man , woman or child follow them popes .
And beware francis for that pope is dangerous . Look you made mention of he word pop and ego . Put
the e after the second p and then seperate the word and you got , POPE GO . and that is exactly what i say too .
Cause none need to follow that man peroid .
I am more concerned about Pope David in NJ here on these threads.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cuz the bible says so!
All Born-Again Believers are part of the body of Christ.

God gave His Son for our Salvation and no one in Christ is ever rejected or left out = John 6:35-40

And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

God will never separate the Body of Christ = Ephesians chapter 4

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,
till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man,
to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,
but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am more concerned about Pope David in NJ here on these threads.
Every word of God is pure;
He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
Do not add to His words,
Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.
Proverbs 30:5-6

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Born-Again Believers are part of the body of Christ.

God gave His Son for our Salvation and no one in Christ is ever rejected or left out = John 6:35-40

And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

God will never separate the Body of Christ = Ephesians chapter 4

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,
till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man,
to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,
but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
YOu say this because you reject the biblical pre trib rapture and that trib saints MUST be part of the church, which is the body of Christ but Scripture shows this wrong!

Revelation 19:6-8

King James Version

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

This shows the body of Christ/ bride of Christ/ church is in heaven before Jesus returns to earth.

she has been judged and cleansed and now in her robes of righteousness.

that leaves untold numbers of saints on earth which would make the bride incomplete!

YOur math just doesn't work compared to Scripture

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every word of God is pure;
He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
Do not add to His words,
Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

Yes your self proclaimed holiness is evi9dent for all to see. Which is why you write so looking down on those you disagree with.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes your self proclaimed holiness is evi9dent for all to see. Which is why you write so looking down on those you disagree with.
i write very little as anyone can see in my posts because they are occupied with Scripture
AND
there is not one shred of evidence of what you accuse me of = "self-proclaimed holiness"

As a matter of fact i have not posted about holiness other then that God's words are Holy and should never be disrespected.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i write very little as anyone can see in my posts because they are occupied with Scripture
AND
there is not one shred of evidence of what you accuse me of = "self-proclaimed holiness"

As a matter of fact i have not posted about holiness other then that God's words are Holy and should never be disrespected.
YOu need a better lawyer defending your cause!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu need a better lawyer defending your cause!
Since you have no insight to the Truth you continue on a rant of falsely accusing.

The Lord Jesus Christ desires that you seek the Truth in His word, for this is our sanctification in Him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you have no insight to the Truth you continue on a rant of falsely accusing.

The Lord Jesus Christ desires that you seek the Truth in His word, for this is our sanctification in Him.
There you go again! Accusing one of no knowledge of the truth and thereby unsaved.

I have been walking with The Lord for 49 years now and other than the self appointed demi gods like yourself here on thei thread have the testimony of thousands of believers I have been seeking and teaching the Truh.

I wear your false accusations as a badge of honor . You have made yourself a self appointed pseudo god thinking you can discern what is in the heart of others you never bother to question in detail.

Teh Lord will judge between us. Have the last word. I have exhausted my ability to stand your haughtiness and smugness.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go again! Accusing one of no knowledge of the truth and thereby unsaved.

I have been walking with The Lord for 49 years now and other than the self appointed demi gods like yourself here on thei thread have the testimony of thousands of believers I have been seeking and teaching the Truh.

I wear your false accusations as a badge of honor . You have made yourself a self appointed pseudo god thinking you can discern what is in the heart of others you never bother to question in detail.

Teh Lord will judge between us. Have the last word. I have exhausted my ability to stand your haughtiness and smugness.
All who worship pre-trib rapture and speak as truth will be judged in that error.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as you are neither Jesus nor the spokesperson for God the Father, I simply ignore your vapid and vacuous pontifications.
That's Good = so do i

What we should do is seek the Truth TOGETHER in His Love for each other ae that is what Pleases our FATHER.

Peace to you my Brother Ronald

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's Good = so do i

What we should do is seek the Truth TOGETHER in His Love for each other ae that is what Pleases our FATHER.

Peace to you my Brother Ronald
I find your wishes for peace after all the ad-hominems and veiled threats vomited by you very shallow! Maybe an apology first would be in order.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find your wishes for peace after all the ad-hominems and veiled threats vomited by you very shallow! Maybe an apology first would be in order.
OK - i apologize that i reacted to your posts in a undisciplined way by which it had separated our love in Christ for each other.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK - i apologize that i reacted to your posts in a undisciplined way by which it had separated our love in Christ for each other.
Thank you ! I have had laready forgiven you, but wished for you to see this was heading down a dark path that is unfruitful.

I can disagree and debate intensely, but we must remember to deal with others as brethren, if we have to boldly chastise them.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you ! I have had laready forgiven you, but wished for you to see this was heading down a dark path that is unfruitful.

I can disagree and debate intensely, but we must remember to deal with others as brethren, if we have to boldly chastise them.
Amen - now make sure you go to the LORD, if you have not already, and ask Him to forgive you for adding and taking away from His words.
Which began way back when you argued against Galatians chapters 3 & 4 and Romans chapters 9-11

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

It is not as though God’s word has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Nor because they are Abraham’s descendants are they all his children. On the contrary, “Through Isaac your offspring will be reckoned.” So it is not the children of the flesh who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as offspring. For this is what the promise stated: “At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son.”

It is just as the Scripture says: “Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Greek: The same Lord is Lord of all, and gives richly to all who call on Him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

For God has consigned everyone to disobedience so that He may have mercy on everyone.

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.

NEVER separate Jew & Gentile in the Body of Christ.....

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen - now make sure you go to the LORD, if you have not already, and ask Him to forgive you for adding and taking away from His words.
Which began way back when you argued against Galatians chapters 3 & 4 and Romans chapters 9-11
Well you think I have argued against these verses when all I did was argue against your opinion of them.

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

It is not as though God’s word has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Nor because they are Abraham’s descendants are they all his children. On the contrary, “Through Isaac your offspring will be reckoned.” So it is not the children of the flesh who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as offspring. For this is what the promise stated: “At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son.”

It is just as the Scripture says: “Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Greek: The same Lord is Lord of all, and gives richly to all who call on Him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

For God has consigned everyone to disobedience so that He may have mercy on everyone.

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.

NEVER separate Jew & Gentile in the Body of Christ.....
I have never added to or taken away from the word and I never argued against Galatians and romans 9. I argued against your opinion of them and your opinion is not the Word of God.

I never do separate Jew and Gentile in the body of Christ which is the church and the espoused of Jesus!

The church began at Pentecost, and ends at the rapture! Everyone saved before and after the church are saved, but they are not member of the body of Christ. Even John the Baptist recognized he was not part of the body of Christ!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you think I have argued against these verses when all I did was argue against your opinion of them.

I have never added to or taken away from the word and I never argued against Galatians and romans 9. I argued against your opinion of them and your opinion is not the Word of God.

I never do separate Jew and Gentile in the body of Christ which is the church and the espoused of Jesus!

The church began at Pentecost, and ends at the rapture! Everyone saved before and after the church are saved, but they are not member of the body of Christ. Even John the Baptist recognized he was not part of the body of Christ!

Nope - i never gave my opinion = i only pointed you to what God says in those scriptures,
to which you argued against.

So you need to go back and review for your benefit and understanding.

OR

You can just read Romans and Galatians and Ephesians and Acts and
see how God has made One Body of Christ out of remnant Jews and remnant Gentiles = ALL whom HE calls.

The Promised Seed is in Isaac(allegorically) and Isaac is symbolic of Christ who is the actual Eternal Promised Seed spoken of by God in Genesis to Abraham.
Therefore, we Gentiles who believe in Christ are in fact the Seed of Promise thru CHRIST.
There is no distinction in Christ between Jew & Gentile.

When JESUS Returns, HE will SAVE a remnant group of Jews (one third of the nation will survive) and when HE does this,
these Jews will be grafted into the same Tree where the Gentiles are currently = Romans ch11 and Matt 23:37-39

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can just read Romans and Galatians and Ephesians and Acts and
see how God has made One Body of Christ out of remnant Jews and remnant Gentiles = ALL whom HE calls.
And I never disagree with that!
The Promised Seed is in Isaac(allegorically) and Isaac is symbolic of Christ who is the actual Eternal Promised Seed spoken of by God in Genesis to Abraham.
Therefore, we Gentiles who believe in Christ are in fact the Seed of Promise thru CHRIST.
There is no distinction in Christ between Jew & Gentile
Yes Jesus is the eternal seed, but you disregard the physical seed which is the 1/3 which He will fulfill His promises to as well as all the Jewish saints of the OT. They are not part of teh body of Christ!

The body of Christ/church/Bride of Christ is only made up of believers saved from Pentecost until the rapture, or the church age. Anyone saved outside of the church age are not part of the body of Christ. that is the Scripture.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I never disagree with that!

Yes Jesus is the eternal seed, but you disregard the physical seed which is the 1/3 which He will fulfill His promises to as well as all the Jewish saints of the OT. They are not part of teh body of Christ!

The body of Christ/church/Bride of Christ is only made up of believers saved from Pentecost until the rapture, or the church age. Anyone saved outside of the church age are not part of the body of Christ. that is the Scripture.
Romans chapter 11
YES, the 1/3 of the physical seed of the earthbound nation of Israel will be grafted back into the Salvation Tree at His Second Coming.

At His Second Coming, Christ will resurrect the dead in Him and AFTER that He will rapture remaining living Saints on earth.

Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.

By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.